Youths Riot for 3rd Night Outside Paris

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 480
Joined: November 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Location: School of Life
Contact:

Youths Riot for 3rd Night Outside Paris

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 27th, 2007, 10:33 pm

They got photos on this page:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jeFc ... AD8T6BH500
Youths Riot for 3rd Night Outside Paris

By NICOLAS GARRIGA – 4 hours ago

VILLIERS-LE-BEL, France (AP) — Youths rampaged for a third night in the tough suburbs north of Paris and violence spread to a southern city late Tuesday as police struggled to contain rioters who have burned cars and buildings and — in an ominous turn — shot at officers.

A senior police union official warned that "urban guerrillas" had joined the unrest, saying the violence was worse than during three weeks of rioting that raged around French cities in 2005, when firearms were rarely used.

Bands of young people set more cars on fire in and around Villiers-le-Bel, the Paris suburb where the latest trouble first erupted, and 22 youths were taken into custody, the regional government said. In the southern city of Toulouse, 20 cars were set ablaze, and fires at two libraries were quickly brought under control, police said.

Despite the renewed violence, France's prime minister said the situation was calmer than the two previous nights. About 1,000 officers patrolled trouble spots in and around Villiers-le-Bel on Tuesday, he said.

The government was striving to keep violence from spreading in what was shaping up as a stern test for new President Nicolas Sarkozy. The unrest showed anger still smolders in France's poor neighborhoods, where many Arabs, blacks and other minorities live largely isolated from the rest of society.

The trigger was the deaths Sunday of two minority teens when their motorscooter collided with a police car in Villiers-le-Bel, a blue-collar town on Paris' northern edge.

Residents claimed the officers left without helping the teens. Prosecutor Marie-Therese de Givry denied that, saying police stayed on the scene until firefighters arrived.

Rioting and arson quickly erupted after the crash. The violence worsened Monday night as it spread from Villiers-le-Bel to other impoverished suburbs north of the French capital. Rioters burned a library, a nursery school and a car dealership and tried to set some buildings on fire by crashing burning cars into them.

Officials have pledged tough punishments for rioters: Eight people were convicted Tuesday in fast-track trials and sentenced to 3-10 months in prison, the regional government said.

Police reinforcements were moved into trouble spots north of Paris on Tuesday. Helicopters flew overhead, shining powerful spotlights into apartment buildings to keep people from leaving their homes.

"The situation is under control," said Denis Joubert, director of public safety for the region surrounding Villiers-le-Bel.

Prime Minister Francois Fillon, who was briefed by police in Villiers-le-Bel, said things were "much calmer than the previous two nights, but we feel that things are still fragile, and we need a large preventative force on the ground so that what happened last night does not happen again."

Patrice Ribeiro of the Synergie police union said rioters this time included "genuine urban guerrillas," saying the use of firearms — hunting shotguns so far — had added a dangerous dimension.

Police said 82 officers were injured Monday night, 10 of them by buckshot and pellets. Four were seriously wounded, the force said. Police unions said 30 officers were struck by buckshot.

One rioter with a shotgun "was firing off two shots, reloading in a stairwell, coming back out — boom, boom — and firing again," said Gilles Wiart, No. 2 official in the SGP-FO police union.

Youths, many of them Arab and black children of immigrants, again appeared to be lashing out at police and other targets seen to represent a French establishment they feel has left them behind.

"I don't think it's an ethnic problem," Wiart said. "Most of all it is youths who reject all state authority. They attack firefighters, everything that represents the state."

Suspicion of the police runs high among people in the drab housing project where the two teenagers died in the crash. The boys were identified in French media only by their first names, Lakhami, 16, and Mouhsin, 15.

There have long been tensions between France's largely white police force and the ethnic minorities trapped in poor neighborhoods.

Despite decades of problems and heavy state investments to improve housing and create jobs, the depressed projects that ring Paris are a world apart from the tourist attractions of the capital. Police speak of no-go zones where they and firefighters fear to patrol.

"The problem of bad relations between the police and minorities is underestimated," said criminologist Sebastian Roche.

Sarkozy, speaking from China, appealed for calm and called a security meeting with his Cabinet ministers for Wednesday on his return home.

Sarkozy was interior minister, in charge of police, during the riots of 2005 and took a hard line against the violence. He angered many in housing projects when he called delinquents there "scum."

The rioting youths "want Sarkozy — they want him to come and explain" what happened to the two teenage boys, said Linda Beddar, a 40-year-old mother of three in Villiers-le-Bel. Beddar woke Tuesday to find the library across from her house a burned-out shell.

The violence two years ago also started in the suburbs of northern Paris, when two teens were electrocuted in a power substation while hiding from police. The government is keen to keep the new violence from spreading.

In Villiers-le-Bel late Monday, arsonists set fire to the municipal library and burned books littered its floor Tuesday. Shops and businesses were also attacked, and more than 70 vehicles were torched, authorities said.

Rioters even rammed burning cars into buildings, trying to set the structures on fire, authorities said. Police reported six arrests.

Several hundred youths organized in small groups led the rioting in Villiers-le-Bel, and incidents were also reported in five other towns north of Paris, the regional government reported.

It refused to give specific figures on injuries among the police, rioters or other civilians, or the numbers of cars and buildings set on fire, saying it feared that doing so would encourage youths to try to wound more officers and destroy more property.

Associated Press writers Angela Charlton in Villiers-le-Bel and John Leicester in Paris contributed to this report.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 28th, 2007, 5:14 am

Yea they were going after the police with shotguns and stuff. Some of those suburbs are ready to explode at any time.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 28th, 2007, 7:07 am

Were they really on some shoot-out shit or was it just a handful of dudes taking guerrilla-style shots at the police?
cuz theres a big difference between dudes shooting at the police amongst the rioters and the rioters as a whole going at the police.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 28th, 2007, 9:12 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Were they really on some shoot-out shit or was it just a handful of dudes taking guerrilla-style shots at the police?
because theres a big difference between dudes shooting at the police amongst the rioters and the rioters as a whole going at the police.
Police and Protesters Clash Near Paris

By KATRIN BENNHOLD
Published: November 28, 2007

VILLIERS-LE-BEL, France, Nov. 27 — Dodging rocks and projectiles, the police lined the streets of this tense suburb Tuesday where angry youths have vowed to seek revenge for the deaths of two teenagers who died in a weekend collision with a police car.

Municipality workers stood near a burnt police car two days after the death of two youths in a motorbike accident with a police car in a suburb of Paris.

Police union officials warned that the violence was escalating into urban guerrilla warfare, with shotguns aimed at officers — a rare sight in the last major outbreak of suburban unrest, in 2005.

More than 80 have been injured so far — four of them as a result of gunfire — and the rage was still simmering Tuesday afternoon. Inside the city hall of Villiers-le-Bel, a group of visiting mayors appealed for calm while police officers dodged rocks outside.

“We are sitting targets,” said Sophie Bar, a local police officer who stood guard outside. “They were throwing rocks at us and it was impossible to see where they came from. They just came raining over the roof.”

The violence was set off by the deaths of two teenagers on a motorbike who were killed in a crash with a police car Sunday night. The scene, with angry youths targeting the police mostly with firebombs, rocks and other projectiles, was reminiscent of three weeks of rioting in 2005.

But senior police officials warned that the violence was more intense this time.

“Things have changed since 2005,” said Joachim Masanet, secretary general of the police wing of the UNSA trade union. “We have crossed a red line. When these kids aim their guns at police officers, they want to kill them. They are no longer afraid to shoot a policeman. We are only on the second day since the accident, and already they are shooting guns at the police.”

Some young men stood by the charred timbers of the town’s police station, laughing and surveying the damage.

Cem, 18, of Turkish origin, declined to give his name because he feared police reprisals. But he and his friend Karim, of Algerian descent, said they both had participated in rioting over the past two days.

“That’s just the beginning,” Cem said. “This is a war. There is no mercy. We want two cops dead.”

Karim added: “The police brought this on themselves. They will regret it.”

Six of the officers hurt in the clashes Monday were in serious condition, according to Francis Debuire, a police union official. Four were wounded by gunfire, including one who lost an eye and another who suffered a shattered shoulder.

The biggest risk, the police say, is that the violence will spread. In 2005, unrest cascaded through more than 300 towns, leaving 10,000 cars burned and 4,700 people arrested.

As night fell in Villiers-le-Bel, the anxiety was evident. Strangers warned people to hide their cellphones because youths were snatching them on the street. People hurried to their homes, while some gathered in knots on street corners. Police helicopters circling public housing developments spotted stockpiles of rocks stacked along the roofs.

Naim Masoud, 39, a teaching assistant in Villiers-le-Bel, said that, in her school, even 8-year-old children talked about racism and discrimination by the police.

“It will take a lot more than riot police to cure this neighborhood,” she said. “These children feel like foreigners. It is inexcusable what they are doing, but the seeds are deep.”

Some of the fiercest clashes Monday took place near a bakery where one of the dead, a 16-year-old known only as Larami because his identity has not been made public, was an apprentice.

Habib Friaa, the owner of the bakery, said Larami had been highly regarded. He was stunned, he added, to learn Monday about his death.

“It’s quite something to say goodbye to somebody on Saturday and learn two days later that he died. We’re like a family here because we’re a small business,” Mr. Friaa said, noting that Larami “was not a delinquent. He was somebody who was learning our profession and he was serious.”


Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 28th, 2007, 9:16 am

My bad.


9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 am

Unread post by 9Caliber » November 28th, 2007, 11:34 am

france is a pussyole area, the only though places are Paris
and all they do there is riot every now and again

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 28th, 2007, 12:27 pm

9Caliber wrote:france is a pussyole area, the only though places are Paris
and all they do there is riot every now and again
Ever been there?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 28th, 2007, 9:49 pm

I never thought of Paris as being like that......

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 715
Joined: March 7th, 2007, 11:32 pm

Unread post by justice league » November 29th, 2007, 12:44 am

Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:france is a pussyole area, the only though places are Paris
and all they do there is riot every now and again
Ever been there?
of course he hasnt..... he probably doesnt know they finally outlawed public guillotine executions in 1981.... thats pretty hardcore if you ask me.,..

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2007, 3:27 am

France has always been hard. fuck the BS. France always had gangsters, pimps, and a real crime scene, plus the people been known to loc up when the state was on some BS, better than the bitch ass Americans who sit on their dicks 24/7.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 9:17 am

perongregory wrote:plus the people been known to loc up when the state was on some BS, better than the bitch ass Americans who sit on their dicks 24/7.
Thats true. They have long, pretty unique tradition of violent and explosive revolutions, starting with the french revolution. So the thing itself thats happening now is not really a new thing. Only the "main actors".

Oh and dont get me started about revolutions in Germany :lol: :lol: . Germans are conforming as fuck. Lenin once said about Germans: "When the germans start a revolution and they meet at the train station they will buy a ticket before (so they dont break the law)." :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 9:20 am

justice league wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:france is a pussyole area, the only though places are Paris
and all they do there is riot every now and again
Ever been there?
of course he hasnt..... he probably doesnt know they finally outlawed public guillotine executions in 1981.... thats pretty hardcore if you ask me.,..
Haha really? Didnt know that. But i am pretty sure that no people were executed in France since WW2 (i think they made an exception for the people collaborating with the Nazis and the Vichy Regime) since many European Countries agreed to completely abolish it after the war, includig France, England and Germany.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 9:21 am

perongregory wrote:France has always been hard. fu-- the BS. France always had gangsters, pimps, and a real crime scene, plus the people been known to loc up when the state was on some BS, better than the bitch ass Americans who sit on their dicks 24/7.
Oh yea and many people have that image of France of people who drink wine, write poems and are little cry babies. But trust me, when you go to visit the famous Notre Dame Cathedral outside of Paris and you get out the Metro station you think you are in the South Bronx.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 29th, 2007, 10:26 am

Sentenza wrote: Lenin once said about Germans: "When the germans start a revolution and they meet at the train station they will buy a ticket before (so they dont break the law)." :lol:
LOL

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 10:52 am

Heres a list of riots in France:

1229 - University of Paris strike of 1229, (Paris, France). Student riot leads to closing of university for 2 years.
1720 - French Financial Riot, (Paris, France)
1725 - French Food Riots of 1725, (Caen, Normandy/Paris, France)
1739 - French Food Riots of 1739, (Bordeaux/Bayeux/Caen/Angouleme/Lille, France)
1740 - French Bread Riot, (Paris, France)
1743 - Parisian Draft Riots, (Paris, France)
1747 - French Food Riots of 1747, (Toulouse/Guyenne, France)
1750 - French Child Vagrancy Riot, (Paris, France)
1752 - French Food Riots of 1752, (Rouen/Paris, France)
1752 - French Draft Riot, (Vincennes, France)
1770 - French Food Riots (Rheims, France)
1778 - French Bread Riots (Grenoble/Toulouse, France)
1784 - French Bread Riot, (Bayeux, France)
1785 - French Bread Riot, (Rennes, France)
1787 - Pre-French Revolution Food Riot, (Paris, France)
1788 - French Spinners Riot, (Falaise, France)
1789 - Reveillon Riot, (Paris, France)
1790 - French Labor Riot, (Louviers, France)
1792 - French Sugar Riots, (Paris, France)
1792 - February Beause Food Riots, (Beause, France)
1792 - November Beause Food Riots, (Beause, France)
1793 - Paris Food Riots, (Paris, France)
1795 - 12th Germinal Riot, (Paris, France)
1870 - Paris Riots of 1870, (Paris, France)
1902 - French School Riots, (Brittany/Savoy, France)
1905 - French Anti-Clerical Riots, (France)
1911 - Champagne Riots, (France)
1913 - The Rite of Spring riot, May 29, 1913 (Théâtre des Champs-Élysées, Paris, France)
1961 - Paris massacre
1968 - May 1968 popular uprising (France)
1986 - French Student Riots, Nov. 27, (France)
2005 - civil unrest in France
2006 - labor protests in France, March-April, Paris, France
2006 - labor protests in France, May-June 2006, Paris, France
2007 - civil unrest in Villiers-le-Bel

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 am

Unread post by 9Caliber » November 29th, 2007, 12:37 pm

course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 1:05 pm

9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 am

Unread post by 9Caliber » November 29th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?
i duno lol, for some reason most people i know dislike the french, and i dont really like them,
i think its because of the different lifestyles, the french way is more sort of relaxed and peaceful while the english is pritty much oppisite
and because england and france are quite close most people just dislike the way they live, most people i know think the french are up their own arses and arrogant etc...
i dunno what the french think of the english but ive heard they think the english are hooligans,yobs etc..
there was a billboard up in a french subway or sumin like that portaying the english as skinhead yobs
i dont think the english and french have ever really got on

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2007, 3:03 pm

9Caliber wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?
i duno lol, for some reason most people i know dislike the french, and i dont really like them,
i think its because of the different lifestyles, the french way is more sort of relaxed and peaceful while the english is pritty much oppisite
and because england and france are quite close most people just dislike the way they live, most people i know think the french are up their own arses and arrogant etc...
i dunno what the french think of the english but ive heard they think the english are hooligans,yobs etc..
there was a billboard up in a french subway or sumin like that portaying the english as skinhead yobs
i dont think the english and french have ever really got on
haha i know about all of that, i am from Germany. You guys hate us even more then the French no? :wink:

But yea i was in Paris once and NO ONE wanted to talk in english with me, even though i knew they were understanding what i was saying. :lol:

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 715
Joined: March 7th, 2007, 11:32 pm

Unread post by justice league » November 29th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?

I noticed a lot of those riots were around food... and one thing i know is european epicurian culture... including some of its history...

now lets get one thing straight... for all the glory of french cuisine.. those poor bastards couldnt cook to save their lives until a 14th ( I believe the date is about right) could be 16th century royal mariage between france and Italy .. the Italian woman was so disgiusted with the french faire that she brought in her own cooks and taught the French to cook. it is Italian cooking that is so glorious in Europe.... and here is the best part,,... the French too al lthat knowledge and used it to bury some of the nastiest cuts of meat and organ meat to make it presentable... hence the choidfroids and aspics, gallantines, etc....
and if you have ever eaten English foodyou will know its not much better.... so
I thin kthey both have really bad taste and cant say anything nice about each other because nothing nice passes their tongues....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2007, 8:18 pm

justice league wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?

I noticed a lot of those riots were around food... and one thing i know is european epicurian culture... including some of its history...

now lets get one thing straight... for all the glory of french cuisine.. those poor bastards couldnt cook to save their lives until a 14th ( I believe the date is about right) could be 16th century royal mariage between france and Italy .. the Italian woman was so disgiusted with the french faire that she brought in her own cooks and taught the French to cook. it is Italian cooking that is so glorious in Europe.... and here is the best part,,... the French too al lthat knowledge and used it to bury some of the nastiest cuts of meat and organ meat to make it presentable... hence the choidfroids and aspics, gallantines, etc....
and if you have ever eaten English foodyou will know its not much better.... so
I thin kthey both have really bad taste and cant say anything nice about each other because nothing nice passes their tongues....
cuz they all come from dirty barbaric tribes, unlike the Italinas, who were much more refined when the Gauls, Druids, and other British tribes were running around in bear furs.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 245
Joined: June 5th, 2004, 9:24 pm
Location: london

Unread post by londonpride » November 29th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Frog legs and snails.....enough said.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 30th, 2007, 8:53 am

londonpride wrote:Frog legs and snails.....enough said.
The french food isnt particularly good thats true, but the british cuisine isnt known in the world for being tasty either, lets be honest.

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 am

Unread post by 9Caliber » November 30th, 2007, 8:59 am

Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
9Caliber wrote:course ive been to france
i only live just across the lake from it
and i didnt say that paris wasnt tough
in fact i said that it was
i mean that pritty much everywhere outside of paris is very nice
apart from the parts near marseille or however you say
pritty much whereever you go is frogs boasting about how good there country is and offering you wine
and anyway paris isnt that tough compared to other citys its size
it should be a lot worse than it is
Why is it that i never hear something positive from english people about french people and vice versa?
i duno lol, for some reason most people i know dislike the french, and i dont really like them,
i think its because of the different lifestyles, the french way is more sort of relaxed and peaceful while the english is pritty much oppisite
and because england and france are quite close most people just dislike the way they live, most people i know think the french are up their own arses and arrogant etc...
i dunno what the french think of the english but ive heard they think the english are hooligans,yobs etc..
there was a billboard up in a french subway or sumin like that portaying the english as skinhead yobs
i dont think the english and french have ever really got on
haha i know about all of that, i am from Germany. You guys hate us even more then the French no? :wink:

But yea i was in Paris once and NO ONE wanted to talk in english with me, even though i knew they were understanding what i was saying. :lol:
Yea i thnik there is a lot of people that tend to hate the germans, but its only because of the war, i think if both the wars hadnt of happened with germany being one of the biggest causes of them then i dont think that english people would hate the germans as much
but personally i way prefer german people to french people
and yea like i said the french tend not to like us as they think were yobs and thugs and hooligans etc..

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » November 30th, 2007, 9:01 am

[quote="justice league"
and if you have ever eaten English foodyou will know its not much better.... so
I thin kthey both have really bad taste and cant say anything nice about each other because nothing nice passes their tongues....[/quote]

haha yea thats true. Also it stems from all the rivalry the english and french people had. Starting from the 100 years war over to the wars in the colonies in the 17th-18th century to Napoleon and so on. They loved to kick each others asses and the resentments still run deep as you can see.
And the rioting over food came from the french kings exploiting their people and getting filthy rich while the people were starving.
Out of those times comes the famous quotation of Marie Thérèse, the Queen of France who said: "If they dont have bread, then they should eat cake" to the people who begged her for food.
But the French people werent having that obviously. :lol: :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » December 7th, 2007, 11:57 am

Here is an interesting article in the Time about that whole issue.

http://din.records.free.fr/newsletter/revue.jpg

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 480
Joined: November 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Location: School of Life
Contact:

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 7th, 2007, 6:09 pm

perongregory wrote:because they all come from dirty barbaric tribes, unlike the Italinas, who were much more refined when the Gauls, Druids, and other British tribes were running around in bear furs.
I don't care how refined they look on the outside or what they know about the sciences or humanities... they had people kill each other or get mauled and eaten by animals for their own public amusement and had public tortures of Christians and other oppressed minorities. They invented some of the most horrific punishments (like crucifixion) and had a bisexual and immoral way of life, and they overindulged in luxuries and feasts while the poor were abused and crushed.

That's barbaric no matter how you dress it up.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 480
Joined: November 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Location: School of Life
Contact:

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 7th, 2007, 6:13 pm

I know the stereotype most Americans have of French is basically sensitive pussies but they have some crazy ass people. All the French people I met so far are harder and grimier than most people you'll see here, there's no shouting/ego bullsh*t before a fight either, they throw down without warning and just go crazy.

tisteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: April 5th, 2007, 11:15 am

Unread post by tisteba » December 9th, 2007, 10:52 am

There arent gangs in paris like there arent gangs in france. These riots arent in paris but in its suburb.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 480
Joined: November 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Location: School of Life
Contact:

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 9th, 2007, 12:53 pm

that's what I heard, paris is the opposite of most cities here - the city is nice but the suburbs are the messed up places

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » December 9th, 2007, 1:50 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:that's what I heard, paris is the opposite of most cities here - the city is nice but the suburbs are the messed up places
That's the way in most of the European countries and cities (except in UK, I think). Inner city with its high-costing residences is for the rich people and suburbs with cheaper houses are for the poor people. Inner city has all the services, shops, and work places, while suburbs don't really have much more than a few basic shops and bars. That's why it's pretty logical that poor people live explicitly in suburbs. I've actually always wondered that how come in USA the city structure is opposite than here...

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » December 9th, 2007, 1:52 pm

tisteba wrote:These riots arent in paris but in its suburb.
And those suburbs belong to Paris. Paris is not just the inner city area.

Post Reply