German gang's heist of €1m poker game caught on camera

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 17th, 2010, 1:55 pm

This happened a couple of days ago. But they were total amateurs. Lost most of the money while escaping, left fingerprints all over, took their ski masks off while there were cameras all around and now they all got caught. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/ ... amera.html

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: German gang's heist of €1m poker game caught on camera

Unread post by Sentenza » March 17th, 2010, 2:00 pm

One person has been injured in an armed robbery on the European Poker Tournament in Berlin, Germany.

Carsten Mueller, a police spokesman said four robbers in disguises forced employees to hand over money, and then managed to escape.

The jackpot for the tournament stood at €1 million ($1.36 million), according to a European Poker Tour Web site. The EPT confirmed the heist on the event's blog in an official statement, saying there had been "an armed robbery executed by six men." It was unclear why the number differed from the police count.

Olaf Wagner, a photographer for Germany's Bild am Sonntag newspaper, was in the hotel when the raid occurred.

He said: "I was at the entrance to the poker hall when they stormed in.I saw three masked men struggling with security personnel in the room where cash is exchanged for chips.

"I saw one of the men stuffing 500 euro notes into a backpack. A second pinned down a security guard with a machete to his chest.

"As they ran one of the security men pulled a robber to the ground. I couldn't decide if this was all a PR stunt or not; it seemed incredible to believe that it could be a real robbery in the heart of Berlin in daylight.

"I got my camera ready. As the security guard was on the floor a hotel page boy came along and took the bag he had been carrying.I saw next to the robber was his gun, a revolver.

"As they struggle the robber calls for help and the others return. One of them has an empty glass bottle he waves in the face of the security man. They force him to release their accomplice.

"Then I see them, unmasked, running into the tourist filled shopping centre. They left the hotel through the emergency exit."

The tournament organiser, the European Poker Tour (EPT), said the raiders had probably been attracted by the one-million-euro prize on offer to the winner of the event. They did not say how much was stolen.

A statement on their website called on anyone with photo or video footage of the robbery to hand it over to the police.

The tournament, which German tennis legend Boris Becker took part in earlier, resumed around four hours after the attack,

VsichkoEBosh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Moon base Alphaaa

Unread post by VsichkoEBosh » March 18th, 2010, 7:06 am

Sentenza wrote:This happened a couple of days ago. But they were total amateurs. Lost most of the money while escaping, left fingerprints all over, took their ski masks off while there were cameras all around and now they all got caught. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/ ... amera.html
I heard about this one week ago ROFL

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 18th, 2010, 8:55 am

VsichkoEBosh wrote:
I heard about this one week ago ROFL
They were almost kids....Figures.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 18th, 2010, 12:07 pm

The best part of the story: The Getaway car they used was registered to one of them, it was their own car and the police just tracked their license plate down. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems like they tried to make an Instruction movie: How to not rob a 1 Million Euro Poker Tournament. :mrgreen:

VsichkoEBosh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Moon base Alphaaa

Unread post by VsichkoEBosh » March 18th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Sentenza wrote:The best part of the story: The Getaway car they used was registered to one of them, it was their own car and the police just tracked their license plate down. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems like they tried to make an Instruction movie: How to not rob a 1 Million Euro Poker Tournament. :mrgreen:
They were amateurs...

Jesus, I have a bigger chance of robbing it.

If you know beforehand you're gonna go through some rough trip and leave fingerprints, why not rip off pieces of skin off each finger this way it's unmatchable for forensics?

Or, for another, alot of the street criminals in the Balkans have some type of pre-work training. If their job is to scare people, well some people aren't so scared and fight back. And it's their job to be scary. So pre-actual work, their job is to get bough, and learn kickboxing, karate, boxing or wrestling, so the fear they put in people isn't so counterfeit.

Another really smart thing they do is they shave bald. That's it. God South Slavs have hairy arms and I don't even remember seeing them unwaxed.