New Orleans Mafia (Present)

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: New Orleans

Re: New Orleans Mafia (Present)

Unread post by nolawiseguy » July 28th, 2008, 6:40 am

thewestside wrote:
nolawiseguy wrote:I live here and I'm telling you otherwise.
I talk to a lot of people (on the internet) who live in Cleveland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Milwaukee, etc. and say the same thing. But whatever is left of these families, including New Orleans, federal authorities don't see them as a serious investigative priority. The truest way you can judge the state of an LCN family is how much effort law enforcement making in going after them. In all of the above families I listed, you have to go back to the 1990's or before to find the last indictment.
Well, you are certainly right about that. The two things that get the quickest attention from law enforcement are drugs and labor union corruption. As I have stated before, the drug trade is largely conrolled by the blacks, which is why the New Orleans murder rate is so high. As far as unions, New Orleans has few unions left and none of them carry any significant influence these days, especially with the influx of immigrant workers following Katrina. The "new generation" I'm talking about seems to be trying to rebuild with old rackets that don't draw much attention. Their legitimate fronts are in bars, restaurants, and night clubs where you can have legal video poker machines installed. They are also in construction, trucking, and import/export through the Port of New Orleans.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 28th, 2008, 3:38 pm

nolawiseguy wrote:The "new generation" I'm talking about seems to be trying to rebuild with old rackets that don't draw much attention. Their legitimate fronts are in bars, restaurants, and night clubs where you can have legal video poker machines installed. They are also in construction, trucking, and import/export through the Port of New Orleans.
If that's the case, than they sound much like the other families I mentioned (Cleveland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Milwaukee, etc.) that still have members but many of them have more or less gone legitimate. None of them have the manpower left to really mount a resurgence or to engage in substantial criminal operations. And, in that respect, the FBI has pretty much done it's job. All it has to do is wait for the remaining members to die out as has happened in other families.

nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nolawiseguy » August 10th, 2008, 12:52 pm

The Feds in New Orleans have their hands full with all the crooked politicians.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » August 10th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Yeah, there has seemed always be an extraordinary amount of political corruption in that city. Not to mention Louisiana as a whole.

nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nolawiseguy » August 11th, 2008, 10:16 am

There are a couple of mob-owned restaurants in the New Orleans area still operating. Frank's Restaurant in the French Quarter and Mosc'a Italian Restaurant in Avondale (west bank of New Orleans). You can see remnants of the old crews hanging out but it' unknown if they do anything more than eat and drink these days.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 28th, 2008, 9:49 am

If that's the case, than they sound much like the other families I mentioned (Cleveland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Milwaukee, etc.) that still have members but many of them have more or less gone legitimate. None of them have the manpower left to really mount a resurgence or to engage in substantial criminal operations. And, in that respect, the FBI has pretty much done it's job. All it has to do is wait for the remaining members to die out as has happened in other families.
nah the families are very hard to die even the smaller ones... the fact there were not indictments against them in the recent past it doesn't mean the family is extinct you must consider that the new orleans family is small compared to new york plus there are several corrupted politicians in that area... i doubt there is not a new generation in new orleans there are about 12.000 sicilian born there and the mafia traditions pass through different generations that's sure if there are not italo-american the sicilian born take control the italians are not like the jewish who finish their criminal activities when they became millionaire

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 28th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Faciulina wrote:nah the families are very hard to die even the smaller ones... the fact there were not indictments against them in the recent past it doesn't mean the family is extinct you must consider that the new orleans family is small compared to new york plus there are several corrupted politicians in that area... i doubt there is not a new generation in new orleans there are about 12.000 sicilian born there and the mafia traditions pass through different generations that's sure if there are not italo-american the sicilian born take control the italians are not like the jewish who finish their criminal activities when they became millionaire
San Jose is gone. San Francisco is gone. Denver is gone. Dallas is gone. Rockford and Rochester as well. It happens. The New Orleans Family, as well as North East Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, and a few other Families are not far off.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 29th, 2008, 8:51 am

San Jose is gone. San Francisco is gone. Denver is gone. Dallas is gone. Rockford and Rochester as well. It happens. The New Orleans Family, as well as North East Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, and a few other Families are not far off.
that's an fbi opinion they can't know it for sure... these families were small even at their peak probably today they are low-key but not defunct especially rochester and rockford sure are still alive

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 29th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Faciulina wrote:
that's an fbi opinion they can't know it for sure... these families were small even at their peak probably today they are low-key but not defunct especially rochester and rockford sure are still alive
The FBI is going to know more than anyone. You say that the feds "can't know for sure" yet you are postive that some of these Families are still alive?

I suppose it comes down to how you define "still alive," as well as how you define "Family." Are there still members in some of these areas? Yes. Do they equate to a formally organized, fully functioning crime Family? It doesn't appear so.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 30th, 2008, 3:40 pm

The FBI is going to know more than anyone. You say that the feds "can't know for sure" yet you are postive that some of these Families are still alive?

I suppose it comes down to how you define "still alive," as well as how you define "Family." Are there still members in some of these areas? Yes. Do they equate to a formally organized, fully functioning crime Family? It doesn't appear so
it depends on how many associates they have... for example if it's a family with 10 made member and 100 associates they can easily made several members if they need and the fbi can't know how many members are made i doubt they wiretap the ceremonies... plus the sicilian born could take over the whole family if the italo-american is defunct

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 30th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Faciulina wrote:it depends on how many associates they have... for example if it's a family with 10 made member and 100 associates they can easily made several members if they need and the fbi can't know how many members are made i doubt they wiretap the ceremonies... plus the sicilian born could take over the whole family if the italo-american is defunct
Even if the FBI doesn't know the exact number of members, it has a pretty good idea. And a family that has maybe a dozen members to as low as a few is on it's way out. I seriously doubt a family that has a few remaining members has that many associates. Or even a family with 10 or 12 members. And not every family has a large stable of Sicilian members or associates.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: choppa city

Unread post by oiatl » March 8th, 2009, 10:56 pm

I have a hard time seeing any OC taking place here with the black and hispanics controlling everything. They're too intimidating to fight.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 9th, 2009, 2:27 pm

oiatl wrote:I have a hard time seeing any OC taking place here with the black and hispanics controlling everything. They're too intimidating to fight.
As I've said many times, the New Orleans family is basically extinct. The last substantial Mafia case was back in the early 1990's and involved three families and multimillion dollar video poker/skimming operation.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 11th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Blacks run New Orleans now not the Mob.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 11th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Richboy17 wrote:Blacks run New Orleans now not the Mob.
Lots of black politicians, of course, but that isn't organized crime. Well, it is often corrupt, if you are familiar with Lousiana politics. But in any case, the blacks are said to be losing their grip on the drug trade there. Recent reports have said that as the Mexican poly drug-trafficking networks have continued to expand into the area, it has caused black gangs to fight over the remaining territory.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm

thewestside wrote:
Lots of black politicians, of course, but that isn't organized crime. Well, it is often corrupt, if you are familiar with Lousiana politics. But in any case, the blacks are said to be losing their grip on the drug trade there. Recent reports have said that as the Mexican poly drug-trafficking networks have continued to expand into the area, it has caused black gangs to fight over the remaining territory.
I mean black gangs run this area no matter how it is even if they are selling drugs on street level. You know how dangerous New Orleans is, it makes the South Bronx look like Beverally Hills. It is very dangerous over there and people dont give a fuck if your a well known gangster because if you have money they will kill you. New Orleans also has a law that if you are not convicted in like 20 days your free to go. Thats why there are so many criminals out there and the only way out of the life is death or if your lucky youll live. MS13, bloods, crips, and other gangs tried going to expand their market in NO but they all got killed. When Hurrcaine Katrina hit many New Orleans people went to cities like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, etc. The cities crime rate went up 20% because NO people were killing like it was nothing. Mexicans do run the drugs there but they dont run the city, most of the times the blacks rob the wholesale drug dealers over there and the drug dealers cant do shit.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 11th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Richboy17 wrote:I mean black gangs run this area no matter how it is even if they are selling drugs on street level. You know how dangerous New Orleans is, it makes the South Bronx look like Beverally Hills. It is very dangerous over there and people dont give a fu-- if your a well known gangster because if you have money they will kill you. New Orleans also has a law that if you are not convicted in like 20 days your free to go. Thats why there are so many criminals out there and the only way out of the life is death or if your lucky youll live. MS13, bloods, crips, and other gangs tried going to expand their market in NO but they all got killed. When Hurrcaine Katrina hit many New Orleans people went to cities like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, etc. The cities crime rate went up 20% because NO people were killing like it was nothing. Mexicans do run the drugs there but they dont run the city, most of the times the blacks rob the wholesale drug dealers over there and the drug dealers cant do shit.
I think there's a difference between the Mexicans and the other groups you mentioned above like the Bloods, Crips, MS13, etc. The Mexicans control the drug supply. Some black groups may rob here and there but it would be foolish for them to bite the hand that feeds them, i.e. provides them with their supply. Also, I don't necessarily think that black groups controlling most of the retail drug trade in town equates to them "running the city."

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 12th, 2009, 12:35 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:I mean black gangs run this area no matter how it is even if they are selling drugs on street level. You know how dangerous New Orleans is, it makes the South Bronx look like Beverally Hills. It is very dangerous over there and people dont give a fu-- if your a well known gangster because if you have money they will kill you. New Orleans also has a law that if you are not convicted in like 20 days your free to go. Thats why there are so many criminals out there and the only way out of the life is death or if your lucky youll live. MS13, bloods, crips, and other gangs tried going to expand their market in NO but they all got killed. When Hurrcaine Katrina hit many New Orleans people went to cities like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, etc. The cities crime rate went up 20% because NO people were killing like it was nothing. Mexicans do run the drugs there but they dont run the city, most of the times the blacks rob the wholesale drug dealers over there and the drug dealers cant do shit.
I think there's a difference between the Mexicans and the other groups you mentioned above like the Bloods, Crips, MS13, etc. The Mexicans control the drug supply. Some black groups may rob here and there but it would be foolish for them to bite the hand that feeds them, i.e. provides them with their supply. Also, I don't necessarily think that black groups controlling most of the retail drug trade in town equates to them "running the city."
Anybody can get there drug supply from anybody whether there Mexican, black, or white. These guys are the reason why New Orleans is dangerous thats all im seeing. And the Mexicans maybe the ones that are supplyin them but that dont mean they only go to these guys for drugs there are so many connects out there.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » March 14th, 2009, 12:36 am

After Hurricane katrina alot of these black drug dealers got connected with Mexicans drug suppliers or even MS-13 gang member to bring in drugs in the city. The blacks are the one doing the killing but these drug connections are the main reason it's so dangerous out here, because most of the crime is do to drugs.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » March 14th, 2009, 12:39 am

Richboy17 wrote:
thewestside wrote:
I mean black gangs run this area no matter how it is even if they are selling drugs on street level. You know how dangerous New Orleans is, it makes the South Bronx look like Beverally Hills. It is very dangerous over there and people dont give a fu-- if your a well known gangster because if you have money they will kill you. New Orleans also has a law that if you are not convicted in like 20 days your free to go. Thats why there are so many criminals out there and the only way out of the life is death or if your lucky youll live. MS13, bloods, crips, and other gangs tried going to expand their market in NO but they all got killed
Bloods tried to migrate here and they got killed crips as well, but ms13 is different, they play a big part in bringing in the drugs so maybe they get a pass, but I don't ever hear about anyone messing with them.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 14th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Bloods tried to migrate here and they got killed crips as well, but ms13 is different, they play a big part in bringing in the drugs so maybe they get a pass, but I don't ever hear about anyone messing with them.[/quote]

You ever heard of the Gotti Boyz those muthafuckas are shootin up mexicans for no reason in New Orleans. Its not gangmembers they are targeting but mexican labor workers ever since alot of them moved to New Orleans. The Blacks think that the migration of Mexicans also brought Mexican gangmembers in NEw orleans and too protect their interests they tried to burn all of the mouth. MS13 aint supplyin the drugs they competing with the blacks and most of them are getting smoked. You heard of the stories when NO people went to Houston they raised the murder rate all the way up.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » March 25th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Richboy17 wrote:Bloods tried to migrate here and they got killed crips as well, but ms13 is different, they play a big part in bringing in the drugs so maybe they get a pass, but I don't ever hear about anyone messing with them.
You ever heard of the Gotti Boyz those muthafuckas are shootin up mexicans for no reason in New Orleans. Its not gangmembers they are targeting but mexican labor workers ever since alot of them moved to New Orleans. The Blacks think that the migration of Mexicans also brought Mexican gangmembers in NEw orleans and too protect their interests they tried to burn all of the mouth. MS13 aint supplyin the drugs they competing with the blacks and most of them are getting smoked. You heard of the stories when NO people went to Houston they raised the murder rate all the way up.[/quote]

dude your talking about that episode of gangland shit LOL! You really think a little documentary show is gonna tell you about everything that happens here. Gotti Boyz are maybe the most overrated gang in New Orleans, (no body even talks about them anymore. Ever heard of the "Dooney Boys( the people who killed SOujia SLim)or 3'n'G (Third and Galvez) these are the realest crews in New Orleans. Think about New Orleans wasn't that big of a drug market before katrina, these blacks weren't organized enough to have an organized drug operation, so when they went to Houston they made an agreement with some Hipsanic gang( one I mostly hear about is MS13) to bring in drugs from Houston to new Orleans. These black drug dealers are shooting at innocent Hispanics because they're scared that they'll eventually take over the drug market, i's been rumored to happen for years now, ever since Katrina.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » March 25th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Richboy17 wrote: You ever heard of the Gotti Boyz those muthafuckas are shootin up mexicans for no reason in New Orleans. Its not gangmembers they are targeting but mexican labor workers ever since alot of them moved to New Orleans. The Blacks think that the migration of Mexicans also brought Mexican gangmembers in NEw orleans and too protect their interests they tried to burn all of the mouth. MS13 aint supplyin the drugs they competing with the blacks and most of them are getting smoked. You heard of the stories when NO people went to Houston they raised the murder rate all the way up.

dude your talking about that episode of gangland shit LOL! You really think a little documentary show is gonna tell you about everything that happens here. Gotti Boyz are maybe the most overrated gang in New Orleans, (no body even talks about them anymore. Ever heard of the "Dooney Boys( the people who killed SOujia SLim)or 3'n'G (Third and Galvez) these are the realest crews in New Orleans. Think about New Orleans wasn't that big of a drug market before katrina, these blacks weren't organized enough to have an organized drug operation, so when they went to Houston they made an agreement with some Hipsanic gang( one I mostly hear about is MS13) to bring in drugs from Houston to new Orleans. These black drug dealers are shooting at innocent Hispanics so they can scare them away because they're scared that they'll eventually take over the drug market, i's been rumored to happen for years now, ever since Katrina.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 25th, 2009, 7:50 pm

oiatl wrote:
Richboy17 wrote: You ever heard of the Gotti Boyz those muthafuckas are shootin up mexicans for no reason in New Orleans. Its not gangmembers they are targeting but mexican labor workers ever since alot of them moved to New Orleans. The Blacks think that the migration of Mexicans also brought Mexican gangmembers in NEw orleans and too protect their interests they tried to burn all of the mouth. MS13 aint supplyin the drugs they competing with the blacks and most of them are getting smoked. You heard of the stories when NO people went to Houston they raised the murder rate all the way up.

dude your talking about that episode of gangland shit LOL! You really think a little documentary show is gonna tell you about everything that happens here. Gotti Boyz are maybe the most overrated gang in New Orleans, (no body even talks about them anymore. Ever heard of the "Dooney Boys( the people who killed SOujia SLim)or 3'n'G (Third and Galvez) these are the realest crews in New Orleans. Think about New Orleans wasn't that big of a drug market before katrina, these blacks weren't organized enough to have an organized drug operation, so when they went to Houston they made an agreement with some Hipsanic gang( one I mostly hear about is MS13) to bring in drugs from Houston to new Orleans. These black drug dealers are shooting at innocent Hispanics so they can scare them away because they're scared that they'll eventually take over the drug market, i's been rumored to happen for years now, ever since Katrina.
i wasnt talking just about them they were an example. Mad people know New Orleans for having grimy people, its is the fukin Murder Capital. Dont know about them linking with MS13, they might not have lots of money but i cant see a gang trying to enter their turf, they are too ruthless.

BPS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: JCKSN

Unread post by BPS » March 30th, 2009, 6:59 pm

BLACK GANGS RUN THE N.O. NOW :lol:

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » March 31st, 2009, 12:41 pm

Richboy17 wrote:
oiatl wrote:

i wasnt talking just about them they were an example. Mad people know New Orleans for having grimy people, its is the #%@& Murder Capital. Dont know about them linking with MS13, they might not have lots of money but i cant see a gang trying to enter their turf, they are too ruthless.
Think about it. The drug trade got real active after Hurricane Katrina when drug dealers started coming back. Don't you think that while they were in Houston they set up some kind of connect with drug dealers from Houston. Who is the one gang that is pretty active in Houston that is though enough to come to New orleans? MS -13

nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nolawiseguy » July 6th, 2009, 11:51 am

New Orleans is not run by blacks or Mexicans. We just let them think they run things so the law enforcement stays distracted. They all pay.

htown11

Unread post by htown11 » July 6th, 2009, 2:03 pm

I heard this is where the "Mafia" began in the US.

nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nolawiseguy » July 6th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Yes, the "Black Hand" was started in Kenner, LA - just outside of New Orleans. Kenner is where the current New Orleans International Airport is located. Kenner started out as an Italian village and is still largely run by Italians.

oiatl
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by oiatl » July 7th, 2009, 12:13 am

nolawiseguy wrote:New Orleans is not run by blacks or Mexicans. We just let them think they run things so the law enforcement stays distracted. They all pay.

You now that BS!! You just can't accept the fact that Italians don't have any influence in the crime around here. And Kennner is not ran by Italians either LOL!!!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 7th, 2009, 12:27 am

oiatl wrote:
nolawiseguy wrote:New Orleans is not run by blacks or Mexicans. We just let them think they run things so the law enforcement stays distracted. They all pay.

You now that BS!! You just can't accept the fact that Italians don't have any influence in the crime around here. And Kennner is not ran by Italians either LOL!!!
I think he's joking. At leat I hope he is. The Mafia is gone from New Orleans. Has been for a long time now.

nolawiseguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nolawiseguy » July 7th, 2009, 5:57 am

Actually you're both wrong. The old structure of the Marcello family is gone, but not the Mafia. Katrina revived organized crime in New Orleans - why else do you think that billions in federal money has poured into the area but no progress has been made? You think Ray Nagin stole it all?

And as for oiatl, she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about. The blacks and Mexicans in New Orleans commit random acts of violence and drug trafficking, but they have nothing remotely resembling symbiotic organization or basic sophistication. And as for Kenner, thanks for proving that you've never been there. Check out the last 2 mayors, and who the in-laws of the current mayor are.

Your first mistake was calling people out without offering any kind of factual backup to your own assertions. If you think the mafia is gone from New Orleans, then the new system is working perfectly.