List of New York five families members

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: List of New York five families members

Unread post by mayugastank » May 1st, 2011, 1:02 pm

thewestside wrote:
dc555 wrote:John Bologna has gone in to the witness protection program giving up the murder of Al Bruno Naming Artie Nigro as the one who ordered the hit,
I'm aware of that. Don't know if he's actually made or not though. If he is, he would be the fourth Genovese member to officially flip.

If he wasnt made (JOHN BOLONEY) he was extremely influential. He was at several high level meetings and he also was able to rely messages to made members. The mans history though is of a scumbag and he was directly responsible for letting Bruno get murdered along with the FBI. His murder was discussed along time before he was actually killed and the FBI recieved this information from John Bologna. I dont know why he wasnt placed in protective custody when it was obvious he was set to be murdered. The question should be ............how much do members of the LCN trust those labeled as associates? and how are these associates chosen? From, books Ive read they deal with alot of associates whom they themselves feel are "weak" going as far as to place them in their crews. This in turn leads to having to kill the weak link or have him inform. As an example Tommy Karate had several crew members who he knew as weak-drug addicted and incapable. He kept them around to run errands. He knew they were possible canidates to turn on him and he made them call him everyday. He also continously conducted survelliance on his own crew. He needed the manpower though. This is WHY...WHY Ive said LCN is on its last legs. Even amonsgt guys like Pietera -in the 90s their was a shortage of capable guys to have around. John Gotti himself was forced to murder a man he knew was WEAK. I wonder how much sensitive business -made guys talk amongst associates and even amongst made guys? Joe Ida was convicted of having planned a murder of a guy they KNEW was flippable----everyone knew he had a weakness to him. Why not just shine the guy on?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 1st, 2011, 1:23 pm

Was it ever found out if Anthony "Hickey" Dilorenzo made member of the Genovese who was murdered because he talked to much about crimes-drugs and people began to suspect he was an informer was atcually ever an informer? also nicholas frustaci I havent seem him listed on your lists as a Genovese member...

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 1st, 2011, 2:08 pm

A few names Ive heard about but cant find anything on in the Genovese crime family. Westside you might know what became of them.

Michael Gennoroso.....think hes dead.

Louis Ruggiero (the killer of Ralpg Desimone and Hickey Dilorenzo)made?

Nicholas Frustaci made or not?

John Schenone? made or not....he was charged with murdering his wifes lover a charge Ida was convicted as a conspiracy on.

Are you missing these guys on your list?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 1st, 2011, 9:33 pm

Anthony "Hickey" Dilorenzo, Louis Ruggiero, John Schenone, and John Bologna were all associates.

Michele "Mickey Dimino" Generoso was a captain before he stepped down and Chucky Tuzzo took over his crew. As far as I know, he's still alive, but he's in his 90's now. Nicholas Frustaci is also made. He's in his 70's. They are both on the list.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 3rd, 2011, 12:20 am

thewestside wrote:Anthony "Hickey" Dilorenzo, Louis Ruggiero, John Schenone, and John Bologna were all associates.

Michele "Mickey Dimino" Generoso was a captain before he stepped down and Chucky Tuzzo took over his crew. As far as I know, he's still alive, but he's in his 90's now. Nicholas Frustaci is also made. He's in his 70's. They are both on the list.

Anthony Hickey Dilorenzo was listed as a "made member" in the appeal of James Ida. Louis Ruggiero was listed as an associate but he didnt testify and he held fast after being accused of 2 murders and battling one in court. I dont know of his whereabouts if he is still involved in LCN or if he is doing time. I would almost assure he was made after the stand up way he fought the murder case of Hickey. John Schenone also an associate refused to cooperate while being hit with a murder charge so I would guarantee he was made as well. John Bologna was always known as a loose lip scumbag. I knew he was an associate ...why he was an associate is the real question? He was known for a long time to have scumbag tendencies yet they still spoke freely in his presence.

Was Hickey ever verified as a rat or did his bizarre behaviour warrant enough suspicion to have him murdered? He seemed an oddball type guy who might have had mental problems and spoke too much about crimes.

On another note --I have come to see Al D Arco as the most devastating witness ever against the mob. The man sent away alot many people. High Profile and deeply respected members of LCN. Did Sammy Gravano do as much damage? Do we have a count as to whom inflicted more years and jail sentences against LCN members either Sammy or Al D Arco?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 3rd, 2011, 11:44 am

mayugastank wrote:
Anthony Hickey Dilorenzo was listed as a "made member" in the appeal of James Ida.
That's true, he was.
Louis Ruggiero was listed as an associate but he didnt testify and he held fast after being accused of 2 murders and battling one in court. I dont know of his whereabouts if he is still involved in LCN or if he is doing time. I would almost assure he was made after the stand up way he fought the murder case of Hickey. John Schenone also an associate refused to cooperate while being hit with a murder charge so I would guarantee he was made as well.

There are associates who refuse to rat, as well as members that roll over. Naturally you expect more loyalty from the guy who has actually taken the oath and is part of the family but it's not always that black and white.
On another note --I have come to see Al D Arco as the most devastating witness ever against the mob. The man sent away alot many people. High Profile and deeply respected members of LCN. Did Sammy Gravano do as much damage? Do we have a count as to whom inflicted more years and jail sentences against LCN members either Sammy or Al D Arco?
I'd say they were about the same. Gravano, because of his ties to Gotti, got a lot more press. But D'Arco's testimony did just as much damage to the Luccheses as Gravano's did to the Gambinos. And they also hurt other families, especially with information about the mob's involvement in the construction industry.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 3rd, 2011, 1:18 pm

thewestside wrote:
TeeKay wrote:Why did the bonnano's clip him?
Sciascia was killed on orders of Bonanno Boss Joseph Massino after he accused Captain Anthony "TG" Graziano of being a drug addict. Massino felt Sciascia was questioning his authority and Sciascia was summoned to a meeting in the Bronx with Captain Patrick "Patty from the Bronx" DeFilippo where he was shot to death and left on the street.

UPDATE:

Massino testified at the trial of Basciano that he was personally very fond of Sciasa...however Sciasa had murdered the son of a mafia member in Canada-over a personal problem. The murder was unsanctioned and Massino had no choice but to have Sciasa whacked. Thus averting any bad blood between clans.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 14th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Thomas Carafaro........son of Fish Carafaro refused to cooperate after his father turned informant. Hes been listed as a made man in some articles I ran across---he obviously had the respect of the family due to refusal to cooperate so I tend to believe he was made. Genovese.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 14th, 2011, 2:30 pm

mayugastank wrote:Thomas Carafaro........son of Fish Carafaro refused to cooperate after his father turned informant. Hes been listed as a made man in some articles I ran across---he obviously had the respect of the family due to refusal to cooperate so I tend to believe he was made. Genovese.
He was cited as an associate back when he was indicted with Chin, Barney, and others in 2002. It's possible he's been made since then though.

http://www.ipsn.org/characters/gigante/2002jan23.htm