Suge Knight and Sonny Franzese

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Re: Suge Knight and Sonny Franzese

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 6th, 2008, 9:54 pm

i oubt he was on the streets riskin his life he's a ceo he has bodyguards and "bangs" behind a desk

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: CHICAGO

Unread post by MadIP » August 8th, 2008, 6:39 am

I guess I misunderstood you when you tried to disprove me that the Gambino crime family makes less money than either of the Bloods or Crips, or maybe I didn't? Did I?

The Gangster Disciples in Chicago, which number around 30,000 members there, make 100 million dollars a year in drug trafficking, and besides robberies, burglaries and muggings, and maybe arms dealing idk what else could make alot of money besides drug dealing when it comes to street gangs, so all in all the Gangster Disciples in Chicago make maybe 200 million a year. If the Gambino crime family numbering 200 members and 1,000 associates, so 1,200 people, can make hundreds of millions of dollars compared to a street gang that is 30,000 people, possibly in the high of hundreds of millions(500-800+), what's better?

Bloods overall have about 30,000 people in the states according to Wikipedia, same with Crips...

I know this guy from Ohio that had this own crew, about 100 people, he was the boss, he organized shit like ATM robberies except they didn't rob the ATM's but taser'd the people once they got the money out, and he made about 5-6 grand a week, which is good. This is gang wise, not OC wise. He got shot in the stomach but survived over beating some guy's brother because the guy stole a bag of marijuana from him, and the guy was shot dead while he was still in the hospital. 5-6 grand a week is really good for someone involved with a gang, even if you are the boss...

Yet if I took 100 of the most vicious and strongest males in their 20s in town, we would take over Toronto. Your regular person involved in organized crime in Macedonia makes about 5-6 grand a week(Euro's), this being low level guys, yet alone high level guys would be multi-millionares raking in tens of thousands of Euro's per week.[/quote]

That's really not a fair comparison lol. You're taking an entire united crime family like the Gambino's and comparing them to "Bloods"....when in reality Damu's aren't a 30k strong unified force at all. Reading testimonies and whatnot, informants and stuff like that telling their story, I can tell you that the average Gambino does not make 5k per week. There's also a difference between "banging" and "hustling" or making money. How about we compare the maybe 2-3k deep Shower Posse that moves over a billion dollars a year to the Gambino's?[/quote]

A made guy in the Gambino can pull millions even if he was a soldier. Matthew Madonna a soldier in the Luchesse Family made millions of herion in the 70's. Organized crime is very different than street gangs, gangs are made up of street thugs. Gangs dont got helicopters, corrupt police officers, banks, money laundering, etc. The only gangs that I can compare to organized crime are the ones in LA and Chicago. Even though they are street gangs, high ranking members pull in alot of money off organized bank robberies, and wholesale drug trafficking, they also work with the corrupt LAPD. Rick Ross was supposbly a member of the hoover crip gang but became richer than ur average LCN boss.[/quote]

EVEN THO IS AINT MY GROUNDS, I KNOW THAT FREEWAY WASNT NO GANG MEMBER SO ANOTHER FRAUD SPREADIN BS, HE MADE ALL HIS MONEY CAUSE HE WAS SELLIN TO THE GANGS AND MADE A TREAT WITH HOOVERS BUT HE WASNT NO CRIP.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » August 8th, 2008, 11:07 am

MadIP wrote: EVEN THO IS AINT MY GROUNDS, I KNOW THAT FREEWAY WASNT NO GANG MEMBER SO ANOTHER FRAUD SPREADIN BS, HE MADE ALL HIS MONEY CAUSE HE WAS SELLIN TO THE GANGS AND MADE A TREAT WITH HOOVERS BUT HE WASNT NO CRIP.
Wow..

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 8th, 2008, 12:32 pm

lol

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » August 8th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:i oubt he was on the streets riskin his life he's a ceo he has bodyguards and "bangs" behind a desk
He wasn't always a record company CEO.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » August 9th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
Vincetheprince wrote:i oubt he was on the streets riskin his life he's a ceo he has bodyguards and "bangs" behind a desk
He wasn't always a record company CEO.
Your right, he wasn't always a record company CEO. At the very beginning he was a sperm in his father's testicles. Later on in his life, he...

You can pretty much guess the rest.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 10th, 2008, 10:50 pm

lol wtf?

1forDiDi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Philly Suburbs

Unread post by 1forDiDi » August 11th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Richboy17 wrote:Suge Knight was a gangster he had people murdered, extorted, had organized crime ties, involved in drug trafficking, and had corrupt cops on his payroll. This is what a gangster does, if he wasnt a gangster wat the #%@& was he? Ur average CEO of a label, get the fu-- out of here, he was a gangster just not the mafia type of gangsters.
well said.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 12th, 2008, 6:56 am

Richboy17 wrote:Suge Knight was a gangster he had people murdered, extorted, had organized crime ties, involved in drug trafficking, and had corrupt cops on his payroll. This is what a gangster does, if he wasnt a gangster wat the #%@& was he? Ur average CEO of a label, get the fu-- out of here, he was a gangster just not the mafia type of gangsters.
He was your average CEO of a any large and powerful corperation who had people murdered, extorted, had organized crime ties, involved in drug traffiking, and had corrupt cops AND politicians on his payroll. This is what the average CEO of a large corperation does, still does not make him a gangster.

Also, there's a different meaning when you say mafia type. What mafia? Italian style? Russian style? Chinese, Japanese styles? Balkans style? Hmmm?

They all copy the original but with their own little special touch.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » August 12th, 2008, 11:41 am

razbojnik wrote:
He was your average CEO of a any large and powerful corperation who had people murdered, extorted, had organized crime ties, involved in drug traffiking, and had corrupt cops AND politicians on his payroll. This is what the average CEO of a large corperation does, still does not make him a gangster.

Also, there's a different meaning when you say mafia type. What mafia? Italian style? Russian style? Chinese, Japanese styles? Balkans style? Hmmm?

Unless he was from the Balkans, then that's automatically grounds for gangster status.

NateDogg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NateDogg » August 12th, 2008, 3:42 pm

razbojnik wrote:

Thats what the average CEO does murder, extort, hire corrupt cops and traffic drugs? Most CEO's don't do any of that not even in the rap game, I really doubt rap CEO's like 50 cent still murder and sell drugs Suge was one of the few CEO's who did stuff like that, Suge was a gangster what youre saying doesn't really make much sense.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 12th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
razbojnik wrote:

Unless he was from the Balkans, then that's automatically grounds for gangster status.
I love you and you are right. Being from the Balkans is automatically grounds for gangster status. :D

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 13th, 2008, 11:51 am

wow u love him, sweet ewwww but like i said i doubt that foo was cruisin the streets bangin what he did was gangster but more mobsterlike

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 14th, 2008, 6:49 am

Vincetheprince wrote:wow u love him, sweet ewwww but like i said i doubt that foo was cruisin the streets bangin what he did was gangster but more mobsterlike
But he's not a gangster. Just because he fit the Italian American gangster sterotype he is automatically a gangster? Have you ever met a real gangster? I have. They look nothing like those in the movies in terms of image directly. Suge Knight just acted out the stereotype. Many gangsters naturally flow with their job, once your job is labelled gangster/shady businessman/their security guard, your bodymovement, speech, the talk and the walk all flows naturally with the gangster sterotype, same with your image, your liking for luxury goods such as cars, then goes up to yachts and private jets. It just naturally flows within you. Your job shapes you eventually.

You know what real gangsters look like right now today? Well first off just let me point out that unlike 50 years ago, they don't wear suits nonstop, only on formal occasions, same goes with topcoats. They wear more casual clothing so unless they have the face, the speech, the movement of body, the acting, or even some jewelry or hair on their arms, you can't tell the difference between a regular person and a gangster.

Mobsterlike? Come on...

A 10 year old kid can get involved in organized crime activity, but most people wouldn't label him a gangster. Sterotype and real thing is different.

1forDiDi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Philly Suburbs

Unread post by 1forDiDi » August 14th, 2008, 1:09 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Vincetheprince wrote:wow u love him, sweet ewwww but like i said i doubt that foo was cruisin the streets bangin what he did was gangster but more mobsterlike
But he's not a gangster. Just because he fit the Italian American gangster sterotype he is automatically a gangster? Have you ever met a real gangster? I have. They look nothing like those in the movies in terms of image directly. Suge Knight just acted out the stereotype. Many gangsters naturally flow with their job, once your job is labelled gangster/shady businessman/their security guard, your bodymovement, speech, the talk and the walk all flows naturally with the gangster sterotype, same with your image, your liking for luxury goods such as cars, then goes up to yachts and private jets. It just naturally flows within you. Your job shapes you eventually.

You know what real gangsters look like right now today? Well first off just let me point out that unlike 50 years ago, they don't wear suits nonstop, only on formal occasions, same goes with topcoats. They wear more casual clothing so unless they have the face, the speech, the movement of body, the acting, or even some jewelry or hair on their arms, you can't tell the difference between a regular person and a gangster.

Mobsterlike? Come on...

A 10 year old kid can get involved in organized crime activity, but most people wouldn't label him a gangster. Sterotype and real thing is different.
what do you mean. its not like they all dress the same.

Some guys wear jeans and a t shirt, others still wear double breated suits. Many wear track suits, others wear golf polos. Some just wear regular business suits. Their is no set way they dress.

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » August 16th, 2008, 1:43 am

Hey guys. This is the most recent blind item from panachereport.com. Can anybody guess who this is? A lot of people seem to think it's J Prince from Rap A lot I just wanna hear your thoughts. This is the thread - http://blog.panachereport.com/2008/08/1 ... today.aspx.

During his reign, Suge Knight was the most feared man in the rap game. Today, another man holds this title-behind the scenes.

Some consider him a rap heavyweight, others consider him the most dangerous and intimidating man in the rap industry.

When he was younger, one of his relatives was involved with the Columbians. He learned the art of intimidation and torture from them.

And, it's always been rumored but never proven, that he was a freelance contract killer for the Columbians, making him the second man featured in one of our blind items to be a contract killer in the hip hop industry.

He would later apply these methods in his business dealings.

This man frightens people just by his presence. Urban legend suggest that he may have been involved or indirectly involved in several murders but it has never been proven and remains an unconfirmed rumor.

He's always been a baller and a hustler. At a young age, he had a slew of dope boys working for him and it's rumored he cut out the middle man and was a top supplier for a short time. He made a fortune and then went legit with the rap game.

He controls his artists like puppets on a string. Although its never been reported: He pays them when he feels like it and you leave his employ when he lets you.

One of his artists sold millions of records but our capo refused to pay him any royalties. The artist crashed a party the capo was hosting with his mother in tow, his mother said loudly, "make him pay you." When the artist asked him for money, he told him in front of everyone, "get the fuck out of my face, I pay you when I feel like it!"

Mistreated artists are so fearful of him, they never speak ill of him under any circumstances.

He's the scariest and most feared man in the hip-hop industry (today) and he runs a tight ship.

Who is he?

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » August 16th, 2008, 7:11 pm

necron wrote:Hey guys. This is the most recent blind item from panachereport.com. Can anybody guess who this is? A lot of people seem to think it's J Prince from Rap A lot I just wanna hear your thoughts. This is the thread - http://blog.panachereport.com/2008/08/1 ... today.aspx.

During his reign, Suge Knight was the most feared man in the rap game. Today, another man holds this title-behind the scenes.

Some consider him a rap heavyweight, others consider him the most dangerous and intimidating man in the rap industry.

When he was younger, one of his relatives was involved with the Columbians. He learned the art of intimidation and torture from them.

And, it's always been rumored but never proven, that he was a freelance contract killer for the Columbians, making him the second man featured in one of our blind items to be a contract killer in the hip hop industry.

He would later apply these methods in his business dealings.

This man frightens people just by his presence. Urban legend suggest that he may have been involved or indirectly involved in several murders but it has never been proven and remains an unconfirmed rumor.

He's always been a baller and a hustler. At a young age, he had a slew of dope boys working for him and it's rumored he cut out the middle man and was a top supplier for a short time. He made a fortune and then went legit with the rap game.

He controls his artists like puppets on a string. Although its never been reported: He pays them when he feels like it and you leave his employ when he lets you.

One of his artists sold millions of records but our capo refused to pay him any royalties. The artist crashed a party the capo was hosting with his mother in tow, his mother said loudly, "make him pay you." When the artist asked him for money, he told him in front of everyone, "get the fu-- out of my face, I pay you when I feel like it!"

Mistreated artists are so fearful of him, they never speak ill of him under any circumstances.

He's the scariest and most feared man in the hip-hop industry (today) and he runs a tight ship.

Who is he?

They say its J Prince because he helped fund Deathrow, but it can be Jimmy Henchmen or Big Meech. They are both feared in the industry. But if this dude ever fucks with the mafia he will get his shit all fucked up.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 17th, 2008, 11:52 am

i live in riverside (Sur California) I've seen plenty of gangsters

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 17th, 2008, 10:21 pm

1forDiDi wrote:
razbojnik wrote:

Mobsterlike? Come on...

what do you mean. its not like they all dress the same.

Some guys wear jeans and a t shirt, others still wear double breated suits. Many wear track suits, others wear golf polos. Some just wear regular business suits. Their is no set way they dress.
There is no set way to their dress, your right. It pretty much involves the same style of dress and look, you can spot a gangster or at least assume he/she is.

iamomes

Unread post by iamomes » August 18th, 2008, 5:58 pm

DIDNT SUGE GET KNOCKED OUT BY A NOBODY AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » August 18th, 2008, 6:57 pm

There is no set way to their dress, your right. It pretty much involves the same style of dress and look, you can spot a gangster or at least assume he/she is.[/quote]

I know that mafioso these days just dress casual. No thousand dollar suits, thousand dollar ring or watch, no fedora hats. They dress like you average guy. Wearing jeans, teashirt, or maybe a gold chain. They still drive expensive cars and live in nice homes.

Myself
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ALL

Unread post by Myself » August 19th, 2008, 1:32 am

russians are dominating the italians are practically wiped out these days struggling ...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » August 19th, 2008, 9:29 am

Myself wrote:russians are dominating the italians are practically wiped out these days struggling ...
Internationally, the Russians and Italians are more or less equal in terms of the scale of their operations and scope of influence. Within the U.S., however, the Italians are still considered more powerful than the Russians.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » August 20th, 2008, 2:52 am

Myself wrote:russians are dominating the italians are practically wiped out these days struggling ...
What? The russians still stay paying tribute to the colombos and other Brooklyn Italian crews.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » August 20th, 2008, 10:08 am

iamomes wrote:DIDNT SUGE GET KNOCKED OUT BY A NOBODY AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
lol, yeah. How many people has Suge slapped around? Actually famous people in the limelight too.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 21st, 2008, 9:11 am

iamomes wrote:DIDNT SUGE GET KNOCKED OUT BY A NOBODY AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
That did happen ROFL...

Here:

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 21st, 2008, 9:12 am

Richboy17 wrote:There is no set way to their dress, your right. It pretty much involves the same style of dress and look, you can spot a gangster or at least assume he/she is.
I know that mafioso these days just dress casual. No thousand dollar suits, thousand dollar ring or watch, no fedora hats. They dress like you average guy. Wearing jeans, teashirt, or maybe a gold chain. They still drive expensive cars and live in nice homes.[/quote]

That's about it. :D

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » August 21st, 2008, 2:09 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:There is no set way to their dress, your right. It pretty much involves the same style of dress and look, you can spot a gangster or at least assume he/she is.
I know that mafioso these days just dress casual. No thousand dollar suits, thousand dollar ring or watch, no fedora hats. They dress like you average guy. Wearing jeans, teashirt, or maybe a gold chain. They still drive expensive cars and live in nice homes.
That's about it. :D[/quote]

Most of the times modern day mafiosi dress in suits is when they are going to court, attending weddings and funerals, going to high level meetings, etc. The rest of the time, they usually dress casual.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 22nd, 2008, 9:40 pm

thewestside wrote:Most of the times modern day mafiosi dress in suits is when they are going to court, attending weddings and funerals, going to high level meetings, etc. The rest of the time, they usually dress casual.
What's casual though?

Give me a charactaristic of casual dress in a mobster of Italian and Russian origin. I already know about Macedonians and other Balkan/ex-Yugoslavian groups.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » August 23rd, 2008, 8:36 am

What makes you think "mobsters" dress any different than the average white collar worker?

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » August 23rd, 2008, 9:01 am

razbojnik wrote:
thewestside wrote:Most of the times modern day mafiosi dress in suits is when they are going to court, attending weddings and funerals, going to high level meetings, etc. The rest of the time, they usually dress casual.
What's casual though?

Give me a charactaristic of casual dress in a mobster of Italian and Russian origin. I already know about Macedonians and other Balkan/ex-Yugoslavian groups.
From what i hear Russians are very flashy gangsters show of their jewels and cars and are very loud the opposite of the Italians. American Italian mobsters are now very low key. They dress in jeans and a regualar t shirt or maybe a gold chain and watch. No more pinstripes or diamond pinky and bracelets. The Sicilian gangsters are known to be low key and flashy too.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 23rd, 2008, 7:05 pm

Azure9920 wrote:What makes you think "mobsters" dress any different than the average white collar worker?
The culture. The average white collar worker is very different from the average mobster, trust me on this...

Both in character and dress.

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”