Gambino mobster Frankie Loc now fingers Gotti for DiBono Hit

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » December 15th, 2010, 2:36 am

Written by Capo on November 14, 2010 in Gambino Family (NY)
0diggs
digg

Frank “Frankie Loc” Locascio

Long time Gambino crime family mobster аnd one time consigliere tο mafia boss John Gotti іѕ once again trying tο gain hіѕ release frοm a life long prison sentence. Frank “Frankie Loc” Locascio whο wаѕ convicted along wіth John Gotti іn one οf thе mοѕt famous mafia trials οf thаt generation hаѕ remembered a key detail whісh сουld lead tο hіѕ release. Locascio wаѕ found guilty fοr thе murder οf fellow mobster Louis DiBono.

Locascio claims thаt thе evidence thаt саn prove hіѕ innocence іѕ contained іn thе same tapes thаt wеrе used bу prosecutors tο convict mafia boss John Gotti. Thе December 12, 1989 tapes wеrе οf recorded conversations between Gotti аnd Locascio frοm a bug placed іn аn apartment above thе Ravenite Social Club. Locascio ѕауѕ thе redeeming words wеrе never heard bу thе jury іn court аt thе previous trial bυt hе ѕауѕ hе knows hе ѕаіd thеm ѕο thеу hаνе tο bе οn thеm.

Frankie Loc ѕауѕ thаt hе actually tried tο talk Gotti out οf whacking DiBono аnd аnd hе hаd nothing tο dο wіth thе hit. Ruth Liebesman thе lawyer fοr Frankie Loc ѕауѕ thе words tο free hіѕ client аrе found οn thе still sealed original FBI tapes аnd hе hаѕ аѕkеd Judge I. Leo Glasser tο order thе Fed’s tο turn thеm over tο hіѕ defense team ѕο thеу саn bе properly analyzed bу acoustics experts. Thе jury οnlу heard “enhanced” segments οf thе wire tap tapes whісh highlighted аnd mаdе сеrtаіn tracks more audible bυt аlѕο took away frοm οthеr tracks thаt thе Fed’s dіd nοt want tο showcase.

Thеѕе wire tap conversation wеrе a key раrt οf evidence thаt hеlреd tο convict both Locascio аnd Gotti. Here іѕ аn piece οf thе conversation track thаt thе Fed’s used іn court during thе previous trail:

“Hе didn’t rob nothing,” Gotti bеgіnѕ іn thе tape thаt wаѕ played fοr thе jury. “Yου know whу hе′s dying? Hе′s gonna die bесаυѕе hе refused tο come іn whеn I called. Hе didn’t dο nothing еlѕе wrοng.”

LOCASCIO: “Yου hаνе thаt meeting уеt?”
GOTTI: “Nο. Gonna hаνе іt tomorrow.”
LOCASCIO: “Bесаυѕе аt thе meeting, I predict thаt hе′s gonna bring уου fifty.”

“Bυt I wouldn’t take nothing,” responded Gotti, before ending thе discussion аbουt DiBono wіth a dramatic flourish: “Thе cocksucker! I wouldn’t take nothing frοm hіm. Hе′s gonna gеt kіllеd bесаυѕе hе, hе disobeyed coming…”

Even though Frankie Loc never directly admits tο having anything tο dο wіth thе DiBono hit during thіѕ conversation thе appeals court іn thе past along wіth thе Jury аt thе trial found thаt thе overall evidence іn thе case supported thе verdict thаt Locascio wаѕ involved. Locascio claims thаt a very іmрοrtаnt piece οf thе conversation wаѕ left out bу thе Fed’s whеrе hе claims hе lobbied against kіllіng DiBono аnd urged Gotti tο reconsider. Locascio ѕауѕ thаt hе clearly remembers telling Gotti аftеr saying ” I predict thаt hе′s going tο bring уου fifty” tο јυѕt take thе money аnd forget аbουt hіѕ аngеr wіth DiBono. Locascio аlѕο claims thаt DiBono wаѕ іn fact murdered 10 months аftеr thаt taped conversation wаѕ recorded аnd hе wаѕ kіllеd fοr reasons hе wаѕ unaware οf аnd hаd nothing tο dο wіth thе conversation between hіm аnd Gotti іn December.

Judge Glasser whο hаѕ seen numerous efforts tο try аnd gain hіѕ release bу thе long time mobster hаѕ scheduled a hearing tο consider Locascio’s claims аnd a last ditch effort tο fight fοr hіѕ freedom. Locascio won’t hаνе a chance tο ѕhοw up іn person tο mаkе hіѕ claims аѕ hе іѕ currently housed іn a Massachusetts prison hospital аnd іѕ tοο ill tο bе аblе tο attend аnу οf thе court sessions.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Gambino mobster Frankie Loc now fingers Gotti for DiBono

Unread post by mayugastank » December 15th, 2010, 2:44 am

WestSide

Wheres the updated rat list?
Seems like the end for white gangsters in America and specifically LCN. You nailed me for hyperbole before but I doubt you can even keep up with the informers list as its getting wider and longer. Their have been by my estimates some 6 LCN members to flip in the last year. Face it LCN in the USA is a thing of the past. Gangster flicks and throwbacks to a day when Italian immigration was still prevelant. Seems that even in the old country the mafia faces alot of informers and even bosses flipping. Not to mention hard goverment intervention.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 15th, 2010, 9:52 pm

mayugastank wrote:WestSide

Wheres the updated rat list?
Seems like the end for white gangsters in America and specifically LCN. You nailed me for hyperbole before but I doubt you can even keep up with the informers list as its getting wider and longer. Their have been by my estimates some 6 LCN members to flip in the last year. Face it LCN in the USA is a thing of the past. Gangster flicks and throwbacks to a day when Italian immigration was still prevelant. Seems that even in the old country the mafia faces alot of informers and even bosses flipping. Not to mention hard goverment intervention.
I'm not sure if this is an attempt to just get this dying board going again. In any event, as time goes by, the list of guys who have flipped is obviously going to get longer and longer. What people seem to not understand is that, even today, the rats are a small minority. They just get more news coverage.

As for the LCN being a thing of the past, that's certainly true in many places around the U.S. But not in New York, other parts of the northeast, Chicago, etc. Ongoing mob cases in these areas continue to demonstrate that.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 17th, 2010, 1:44 am

They are the minority RATS? how so? when faced with a conviction that carries stiff penalties -the informers list grows! and by leaps and bounds. yet you refuse to even mention how many have flipped in the last year. Bonanos-Gambinos-Genovese-Columbos- have all had several members flip as of late. Even the rock solid supposedly Genovese has had 2 members flip recently and bet the other 2 will flip in the coming months. You hyperbole teh American Mafia. They are throwbacks. You discussed the Chicago LCN and mentioned their dealings by mislabeling everyone remotely involved with them. A big mob case in chicago has a man being tried for burning an arcade down. The family secrets trial made it clear that they were NOT paying tribute,making new members, meeting. setting policy and or even close to a mob family. They havent made any new members since the 80s. From the trial it seemed evident that they were scattered and a thing of the past! Just keep up the drama. Eventually for those who dont read-you might convince a few. Add the Lucchese.Colombos to the defunct list and put Chicago on -the near extinction list. If Chicago is still considered a family its merely because those who were made at some point -arent dead of old age....for they arent meeting-making new mebers and kicking up!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 17th, 2010, 7:23 am

mayugastank wrote:They are the minority RATS? how so? when faced with a conviction that carries stiff penalties -the informers list grows! and by leaps and bounds. yet you refuse to even mention how many have flipped in the last year. Bonanos-Gambinos-Genovese-Columbos- have all had several members flip as of late. Even the rock solid supposedly Genovese has had 2 members flip recently and bet the other 2 will flip in the coming months.

If you understand simple grade school math, you'll realize the number of mob guys who flip are the minority compared to guys who don't. Over the past year, there have been 3 made guys flip in New York. Colombo captain Dino Calabro. Genovese captain Felix Tranghese and Genovese soldier Anthony Arilotta. And if you wanted to add Gambino soldier Robert Marmando too, I suppose you could although he flipped in late 2009.

So let's see here. Out of the 700 or so current made guys in New York, 3 or 4 have flipped over the past year. That's called a minority. Or, out of the thousands of made guys in New York over the years, less than 60 known made guys have flipped. That's called a minority.
You hyperbole teh American Mafia. They are throwbacks. You discussed the Chicago LCN and mentioned their dealings by mislabeling everyone remotely involved with them. A big mob case in chicago has a man being tried for burning an arcade down. The family secrets trial made it clear that they were NOT paying tribute,making new members, meeting. setting policy and or even close to a mob family. They havent made any new members since the 80s. From the trial it seemed evident that they were scattered and a thing of the past!

This is your problem. You read a few articles here and there and you think you know what's going on. You obsess over the number of rats, not realizing they are a minority even today, and then you ask me for updated lists. In other words, as usual, I have to do your homework for you. The feds still consider the Chicago Outfit to be one of the formally structured, viable mob families in the country. They still have an administration (DiFronzo, Andriacchi, D'Amico), and 4 crews - the Elmwood Park crew, Grand Avenue crew, Melrose Park/Cicero crew, and the 26th Street crew; with an average estimate of about 50 made members. Numerous cases over the past decade, including up to the present, have shown the Outfit, though much smaller and more scaled down, continues to be involved in sports betting, video poker machines, loansharking, extortion, bid-rigging, fencing stolen goods, labor corruption, bribery of officials, etc.

I have never mislabeled anyone involved with them and I'm willing to bet you couldn't give any examples of me doing that either. The Sarno case involves 8 Outfit members and associates, including Grand Avenue crew boss Mike Sarno. One police officer is among those charged and others have been implicated as well according to recent articles. The charges include racketeering, conspiracy, fencing millions of dollars in stolen jewelry, using the Outlaw Motorcycle gang to blow up a rival video poker business, obstruction of a criminal investigation, wire fraud, tax evasion, etc.
Just keep up the drama. Eventually for those who dont read-you might convince a few.

As far as those who don't read, you're at the top of the list. How many times have I had to correct you when you've come on this board and pulled some stupid statement out of your ass?
Add the Lucchese.Colombos to the defunct list and put Chicago on -the near extinction list. If Chicago is still considered a family its merely because those who were made at some point -arent dead of old age....for they arent meeting-making new mebers and kicking up!
The fact that you are trying to argue that the Colombos, Luccheses, and the Outfit are defunct or near extinction shows how uninformed you are on all this. I mean, talk about hyperbole.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 17th, 2010, 7:33 am

In the tradition of doing your research for you, here is some good reading on the current Outfit....

"Chicago Mob Lite" - December 2000
http://www.laborers.org/ChicagoMag_Moblite_12_00.htm

"The New Outfit" - April 2002
http://www.ipsn.org/characters/new_outfit.htm

"Experts: Chicago mob diminished, but still going" - August 2007
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... cago_N.htm

"Two Construction Companies Tied To Chicago Outfit, John DiFronzo" - September 2009
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/in ... n_DiFronzo

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 18th, 2010, 10:18 pm

If you understand simple grade school math, you'll realize the number of mob guys who flip are the minority compared to guys who don't. Over the past year, there have been 3 made guys flip in New York. Colombo captain Dino Calabro. Genovese captain Felix Tranghese and Genovese soldier Anthony Arilotta. And if you wanted to add Gambino soldier Robert Marmando too, I suppose you could although he flipped in late 2009.

You who read and school.................made a mistake either purposely or because you dont read ! AGAIN.

Felix Traghese
Dino Calabro
Anthony Ariolotta
Sebby Saracino-colombos
Armando Rea-Bonano
Micheal Mickey Souza-Colombo
and Possible Locasio if you consider the article I posted!

Right about 50% of the time.......The ability to READ and comprehend is alot more important then hyperboling a second string connection to a mafia linked company by making connections on the fly!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 18th, 2010, 10:19 pm

You who read and school.................made a mistake either purposely or because you dont read ! AGAIN.

Felix Traghese
Dino Calabro
Anthony Ariolotta
Sebby Saracino-colombos
Armando Rea-Bonano

Right about 50% of the time.......The ability to READ and comprehend is alot more important then hyperboling a second string connection to a mafia linked company by making connections on the fly!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 19th, 2010, 1:10 am

mayugastank wrote:You who read and school.................made a mistake either purposely or because you dont read ! AGAIN.

Felix Traghese
I mentioned him.
Dino Calabro
He flipped in 2009. Not this year.
Anthony Ariolotta
I mentioned him.
Sebby Saracino-colombos
True. Forgot him. So even counting him that's still 4 this year. Out of some 700 made guys in New York.
Armando Rea-Bonano
I haven't read anywhere that he flipped.
He flipped in 2009. Not this year.

Speaking of the ability to read, the recent articles about Locascio have said nothing about him flipping. He's simply trying to introduce new evidence to win a new trial.
First, "hyperboling" isn't a word. I think you mean "hyperbolizing."

Second, What the hell do you mean by "a second string connection to a mafia linked company by making connections on the fly?" If you're talking about the last link I posted that deal with D&P Construction and JKS Ventures, they are hardly a "second string connection." They've been owned by the DiFronzo family for a long time. John DiFronzo is the boss of the Chicago Outfit. Here's some more reading material on those companies -

http://www.thelaborers.net/news/firm_wi ... _flour.htm
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=5666080

I also couldn't help but notice how you conveniently forgot to give me any examples of where I have "mislabeled" people involved with the Outfit. As well as conveniently glossed over my reply to your statements about the Outfit being nearly extinct and the Colombos and Luccheses being defunct.

Finally, one thing I am not is a Mafia fan boy. You wouldn't believe the number of debates I have gotten into with people on other forums who believe the Mob is still the biggest organized crime threat in the U.S. or that there are still formally structured, viable families in places like Kansas City or San Francisco or New Orleans, to name a few. Neither of which is true. At the same time, however, you go too far the other way. According to the FBI, as well as cases over the last decade, there are still 9 or 10 formally structured viable families in the country - the five New York families, as well as those in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, and possibly Detroit.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 19th, 2010, 7:55 pm

WESTSIDE"
Out of some 700 made guys in New York.

Oh yes I am sure!FBI stated in the 90s that they numbered 1500. Now its 700 so their numbers dropped by over 50%. Hmm......another thing. Some families are on their last legs like the Colombos and Lucchese. I highly doubt their are 700 made guys in NYC. They would be in the news all the time. Another thing FBI estimates are usually extremely exaggerated for instance MARA SALVATRUCHA or MS is thought to have 20k gang members , yet in Los Angelos they hardly even have a presence despite the "media grandising" . Yes you do make half ass connections with even the minutest evidence to link the 2. The links you posted awhile back had half ass connections I spent some 30 minutes reading it before I realized that those connections to the mob in Chitown were non existant and made by distance and very far connections. Heres hwo you do it......." Guiseppec Gaetano ( italian) went to school with Vito Genovese (mafia member) in the 6th grade back in NYC and then he moved to Seattle stole a car and now you connect him to a mafia or family! BS. Those Chitown links are CRAP. Capitalized! You state 700 made members in NYC -BS again. The Bonanos according to the FBI were non existant. Little more then a street gang. That 700 number you get is probably everyone/throughout time in NYC that has ever been made including those who died of old age/are retired/dont hang out anymore/stopped paying taxes or moved out of state. For Instance Anthony Pep Trentacosta. A Gambino whose associations with the Gambinos ceased to exist after he moved away to Georgia. But being the FBI any half assed evidence like him having been made at one point in his life -made him a mafioso forever. yet he wasnt active-he wasnt in NYC and he wasnt reporting. If you read anything on teh family secrets trial" youd know the chitown mob doesnt make new members.dont meet,collect taxes, or even really are a crime family anymore!!!!!!READ -READ READ. Its evident and if you arent a mafia fanboy you arent doing a good job of being unbiased in your summaries!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 20th, 2010, 12:35 am

mayugastank wrote:Oh yes I am sure!FBI stated in the 90s that they numbered 1500. Now its 700 so their numbers dropped by over 50%.

I'm not sure where you got that figure for the mob in the 1990's but that doesn't fit with most official estimates I've seen. Back in the early 1990's the total mob membership nationwide was around 1,500 but not in New York alone. For the past two decades the estimates of the New York families, both individually and collectively, have been fairly consistent.

The Genovese and Gambino families are generally estimated to have about 200 members each. The Lucchese, Colombo, and Bonanno families are generally estimated to have about 100 members each. Total membership of the five New York families being about 700. That's total, which includes active, inactive, in prison. And that's including members of the five families not just in New York but where else they are active as well, i.e. New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, etc.
Hmm......another thing. Some families are on their last legs like the Colombos and Lucchese. I highly doubt their are 700 made guys in NYC. They would be in the news all the time.
No New York mob family is on it's last legs. They were saying that 20 years ago and it's still not true. Now what's left of the family in places like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa, Kansas City, Los Angeles, etc. are certainly on their last legs. Really not even "families" at this point.
Another thing FBI estimates are usually extremely exaggerated for instance MARA SALVATRUCHA or MS is thought to have 20k gang members , yet in Los Angelos they hardly even have a presence despite the "media grandising" .

You're grasping at straws now. As I've said above, the FBI's estimates of mob membership - especially in New York - have been well documented for some time now. They have decades of "in house" knowledge built up on the mob. And their estimates show a steady decrease over the years. If they wanted to exaggerate, they'd probably work harder to hide that fact.
Yes you do make half ass connections with even the minutest evidence to link the 2. The links you posted awhile back had half ass connections I spent some 30 minutes reading it before I realized that those connections to the mob in Chitown were non existant and made by distance and very far connections.
You'll need to specify which links you're talking about because everything I've posted can be tied directly to the Outfit. In fact, I'm usually the one who is arguing with people on other forums not to automatically attribute any and all corruption and crime in Chicago to the Outfit.
You state 700 made members in NYC -BS again. The Bonanos according to the FBI were non existant. Little more then a street gang.

Now you're just talking out of your ass. I can provide sources for my estimates. Can you? The FBI, the latest UN report on the LCN, as well as authors like Selwyn Raab and Jerry Capeci put the national membership of the mob at about 1,000 total. With 700 of those belonging to the five New York families.

The FBI never said the Bonannos were "non existent" or a "street gang." By the early 1990's, the feds felt they could combine the Colombo and Bonanno squads into one. But this resulted in the Bonannos having a resurgence over the next decade. And by the early 2000's they were the 3rd strongest family in New York behind the Genovese and Gambinos.
That 700 number you get is probably everyone/throughout time in NYC that has ever been made including those who died of old age/are retired/dont hang out anymore/stopped paying taxes or moved out of state. For Instance Anthony Pep Trentacosta. A Gambino whose associations with the Gambinos ceased to exist after he moved away to Georgia. But being the FBI any half assed evidence like him having been made at one point in his life -made him a mafioso forever. yet he wasnt active-he wasnt in NYC and he wasnt reporting. If you read anything on teh family secrets trial" youd know the chitown mob doesnt make new members.dont meet,collect taxes, or even really are a crime family anymore!!!!!!READ -READ READ. Its evident and if you arent a mafia fanboy you arent doing a good job of being unbiased in your summaries!
You really are a waste of time. Listen pal, I've read more on the mob than you ever will. As evidenced by the fact that I've had to correct you time and time again. You're actually remind me of Johnny Red in how uninformed you are. And you're every bit as delusional as he was.

Yes, Tony Pep is still considered a member. You're always considered a member unless you die or flip. You don't cease to be a member if you become inactive. And like I said, that 700 estimate for New York or 1,000 estimate for the whole country is all members total - active, inactive, or in prison.

I've read just about everything there is to read on the "Family Secrets" trial. You read a few articles on it, a few quotes by Nick Calabrese, and you think you've got it all figured out. But you don't seem to be aware of the continued mob activity in Chicago over the past decade. You don't seem to be aware that the FBI still considers the Outfit to be a formally structured, viable family. You don't seem to be aware that Nick Calabrese reportedly identified about 60 Outfit members.

My advice to you is to pick up this book and start from the beginning...

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-G ... 0028642252

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 12:00 am

WETSIDE...............
You don't seem to be aware that the FBI still considers the Outfit to be a formally structured, viable family. You don't seem to be aware that Nick Calabrese reportedly identified about 60 Outfit members

listen you dont seem to be aware that Italians are white-now. That white people in America are not privvy to the harsh lifestyles that blacks/latinos live. That gangs like NF-EME-TS and other organized criminal hispanic syndicates came up directly against the white oppressive machine and legal system. That cooperating with the white enemy makes these organizatiosn what they are and that the white oppressive regime is what made them begin. Italians faced the same biases and prejudice and their closeness to their communitys and to their people and against white irish police and legal system that discriminated against them is what made them supreme. They are NOW part of that same system. They (italians) have no need to face down the white legal system as they are the white legal system.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 12:03 am

TATTOO MAY SAY IT ALL AT MOB TRIAL
BY John Marzulli

Thursday, October 2th 2003, 7:53AM

The writing's on the wall - actually, the lower back - for tattooed Gambino solider Thomas (Huck) Carbonaro, prosecutors say.

Carbonaro, charged in a plot to whack mob turncoat Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano, contends he was too loyal to his former crew leader to kill him.

But prosecutors believe Carbonaro's true feelings are reflected in a tattoo on his lower back that reads, "Rats Get Fat While Good Men Die." It's illustrated by a rat crawling on a skull.

Defense lawyers want to keep jurors at Carbonaro's upcoming trial from seeing the body art - one of about a dozen tattoos covering the 55-year-old alleged mobster's torso, arms and legs. Carbonaro's lawyers plan to call Gravano as a defense witness.

Asked outside court whether the rat tattoo referred to Gravano, defense lawyer John Jacobs replied, "I have no clue. It's such a bizarre statement."

According to sources, a shotgun is tattooed across Carbonaro's rather ample stomach; the words "Death Before Dishonor," and the three monkeys who "See No Evil," "Hear No Evil," "Speak No Evil."

Carbonaro allegedly has done a lot of evil, though. As a soldier in Gravano's crew, they committed seven murders together before Sammy Bull turned on the mob, prosecutors say.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 12:09 am

The above article says alot about the mob and how it has changed ---tatted down with mexican sayings and prison criminal culture tattoos, started by mexicanamerican gangs. The mob has adopted many of the styles of ethnic latino gangs as they have started to do time with them. Prison and the system arent joined at the hip to LCN as their have been numbers of italian gangsters that havent seen a cell. Yet despite this even young italians in NYC have started to adapt into ethnic minority mainly latino culture. Those tattoos on Huck are chicano tattoos started and used by chicanos in the southwest. When pray tell me, have italian mafioso ever worn those designs and patterns and had a hsitory of ink? MOB today?=white trash,3rd generation Italian Americans, trying desperately to hold onto an ethnic label when in reality they are viewed as white.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 23rd, 2010, 1:46 pm

Italians have always been considered white. And yes, the Italian-American community has largely been assimilated into the larger American population. And for the Italian mob, the result has been a mixed bag. Because Italians are white, it was easier for them to operate in the legitimate sphere, with the labor unions, influencing politics, etc. as opposed to just street rackets like gambling and drugs. But that same assimilation also caused the general attrition of the mob, in terms of both quality and quantity. The 4th and 5th generation Italians no longer have the same ties that their predecessors have. They are Americanized. General attrition, more than anything else, has been the cause of the mob's demise. But all that said, the process has not gone exactly as many have predicted. General attrition, coupled with law enforcement, etc, has seen the extinction of several families around the country. And others are not far off. But the process has gone considerably slower in the northeast, which has about 85% of the mob's membership, particularly in New York.

My suggestion to you would be to not always put so much stock in one article or one report. Figuring out the mob is like putting a puzzle together. The more pieces you put in place, the better picture you get. In other words, you have to get as much information as possible, and judge it collectively. I've had a particular interest in studying every article, report, indictment, etc. I could find on the Italian mob over the last decade, from 2000 to the present. This has shown that while the mob is nowhere close to what it was a half century ago, it's not gone. At least not certain families. Specifically the five New York families, and smaller ones in Chicago, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and possibly Detroit. These families still have a formally organized structure and ongoing criminal activity.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 3:29 pm

I have read on the mob for about 15 years or so. As of late-(2000 or so) a clear picture of the mafia has emerged. Before the 2000s most mob stories centered on the 1970s(casino and chitown figures) and FBI accounts of what they believed happened in certain cases. Other stories and books were half assed associate accounts of crimes they heard of or such . A full picture of the mob is now really evident. Consider when Donnie Brasco infiltrated the Bonanos, not a one Bonano turned informant,yet dozens went away. It wasnt till Sammy Gravano flipped that the Gambinos even had a snitch. A general consenus I have gotten from my reads is that (1) although you said Italians have always been considered white-the original mob was made up of Southern Italians mainly and they allowed their customs to translate across all Italians in the states, that these southeners brought a custom and way of life with them, that had been part of their culture for along time-that they at first were considered very backwards and different from European whites and that they had a real hard time adapting into the mainstream. It wasnt till their children had developed an American version of the mustache pete mafia that the mob went White-American. (2) These 2nd generation Italian Americans still held onto much of their culture-most of their parents spoke Italian/and they lived in heavily Italian neighborhoods, they were not far removed from their culture and history and retained alot of history of who and what they were, millions of immigrants from Italy helped strengthen ethnic ties up until the 50s. (3) From the 1950s onwards Italians heavily adapted and adopted white American culture. WW2 helped solidify them as white, even those dark sicilians were absorbed -immigration virtually stopped, and those children of immigrants became the last remnants of ties to the motherland. (4) this attrition has left them weakened-Gotti and such complained of the ability to recruit even in the early 80s. Italians became Americans-pasta bought in a jar, garlic in a can. Its why many bosses spoke about recruitment from Italy were real men of honor could still be found. (5) Those cases built up in the 90s essentially contained men who had been made in the 1950s-70s.New recruits were hangers on, guidos with no real sense of italy or how much a part of their culture teh mafia had influenced. (6) The guys catching cases today are the last of these italians with ties to Italy and or the remnant of a tie to another land other then America. That the mob today is on its last legs and that too much is written about throwbacks to a day when Italians were Italians and not white. I see exaggerated membership rosters and I dont even believe the chitown mob to be active. I would also check off the Bonanos and Colombos and Luchesse. I would also check off about 50% of what is considered made members. As many just moved on and left the life after their time in the can. Barone Genovese snitch is agood example of what happens after they leave the joint-he moved straight to florida. I bet that 700 number youve insisted on is totally skewed and it is probably in the half range IF THAT!!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 3:36 pm

Crackdown just latest hit on mob
Though U.S. forces it to downsize, it still makes crooked buck
By Todd Lighty and Matt O'Connor, Tribune staff reporters. Tribune staff reporter David Heinzmann contributed to this report

May 1, 2005

Among the 14 alleged mob bosses and associates indicted last week by a federal grand jury were three "made" members who enjoy lofty status in the organized crime underworld.

Prosecutors said the indictments were historic for Chicago because never before had so many high-ranking bosses of La Cosa Nostra been taken down in a single criminal case. The mob, U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald said, had taken a hit.

But the truth is the Outfit has been wounded for some time.

A series of successful federal prosecutions over the years have put many bosses behind bars and have forced mobsters and their associates into much lower profiles.

"Over the last 20 years, it's been one blow after another," said Lee Flosi, a former FBI agent who supervised the organized crime task force in the early 1990s.

The mob has downsized from six street crews to four. The number of organized crime associates--individuals the crews need for muscle, loan sharking, debt collecting and sports betting--also has dwindled.

"Made" members, who are typically of Italian descent and have committed one murder on behalf of the mob, have become an endangered species.

The last known induction into the mob took place in 1984 at the Como Inn, an Italian restaurant in Chicago, although there may have been other induction ceremonies since, according to former organized crime investigators.

The FBI estimates that Chicago now only has 25 "made" members and another 75 organized crime associates.

Federal authorities said that 15 years ago the mob had 50 "made" members and as many as 400 associates.

Mob violence has dropped off, as well.

The last known successful mob hit occurred in Nov. 20, 2001. That's when Anthony "Tony the Hatch" Chiaramonti, a top figure in the Outfit's South Side rackets, was gunned down in the vestibule of a west suburban chicken restaurant. The 67-year-old Chiaramonti's murder remains unsolved.

The hit, or rub-out, was used to command loyalty, to take out rivals or to silence witnesses. According to the Chicago Crime Commission, 1,111 gangland slayings have been committed since 1919.

The latest arrests of alleged mobsters generated widespread media interest and calls from overseas talk show hosts who recall the St. Valentine's Day massacre of 1929, which led to the end of Prohibition, made Al Capone a household name and solidified Chicago as the gangster capital of the world.

Street gangs `a bigger threat'

But the Chicago Police Department's definition of organized crime has shifted during recent decades from the Outfit to street gangs like the Latin Kings and the Black Gangster Disciples that control drug sales in the city.

"When you look at who's a bigger threat to the public, it's clear," said Cmdr. Steve Caluris, who runs the Deployment Operations Center, which coordinates all of the department's intelligence gathering. "These aren't just punks hanging out on street corners. It's organized crime."

Chicago police statistics show that 1,276 murders were tied to street gangs from 2000 through 2004.

The 41-page racketeering indictment provided fresh insights into the mob's enterprise of illegal gambling, loan sharking and murder. Prosecutors charged that La Cosa Nostra bosses and "made" members were responsible for 18 gangland slayings from 1970 through 1986.

While the Outfit is still active in embezzling from union pension and benefit funds, illegal sports bookmaking, video poker machines and occasional violence, its heyday of influence passed long before Monday's indictments of James Marcello, the reputed boss of the mob; fugitive Joseph "the Clown" Lombardo; and 12 others.

Marcello, Frank Calabrese Sr. and Nicholas Calabrese were the three "made" mob members indicted, according to court records.

"Once `made,' the individual was accorded greater status and respect in the enterprise," the indictment said. "An individual who was `made' or who committed a murder on behalf of the Outfit was obligated to the enterprise for life to perform criminal acts on behalf of the enterprise when called upon."

Prosecutors had begun weakening the Chicago Outfit with a series of successes, though few of the convictions have involved mob murders.

Among the more recent major cases have been that of William Hanhardt, a former Chicago police deputy superintendent, for running a mob-connected jewelry theft ring and reputed Cicero mob boss Michael Spano Sr. for looting $12 million from town coffers.

In the 1990s, convictions included mob leaders Gus Alex, chief political fixer for decades; Lenny Patrick, a gangster for 50 years who became the highest-ranking mobster to turn government informant; Sam Carlisi, former head of the mob's day-to-day operations; Ernest "Rocco" Infelice, convicted of murdering a bookmaker who refused demands to pay "street tax"; and Marco D'Amico, a top gambling boss.

With each aging mobster who dies or goes to prison, the Outfit has not been fully successful in recruiting leadership.

Still, law enforcement officials and mob watchers caution that Monday's arrests do not mean the Chicago La Cosa Nostra is near death. La Cosa Nostra--"this thing of ours" or "our thing"--is used to refer to the American mafia.

The mob controls most of the illegal sports betting in the Chicago area, remains stubbornly entrenched in the Teamsters Union and remains disturbingly effective at collecting "street taxes" as a cost to operate businesses such as strip clubs.

While federal authorities, took down alleged members and associates from the Grand Avenue, the 26th Street and Melrose Park crews, the Elmwood Park street crew was untouched. That crew, perhaps the most powerful of the four mob crews in the Chicago area, reputedly is led by John "No Nose" DiFronzo.

Mob not `out of business'

And even though they are imprisoned, mob bosses have remained adept at running their enterprise from their cells.

"They still continue illegal activities through conversations with relatives and associates. It's not going to put them out of business," said James Wagner, a 30-year FBI veteran who retired in 2000.

Court records show that Frank Calabrese Sr., a leader with the mob's 26th Street crew, did just that.

Two retired Chicago police officers allegedly delivered messages between Calabrese and mobsters on the outside, including messages to determine whether Calabrese's younger brother, Nicholas, had become an mob turncoat and was cooperating with government.

Frank Calabrese Sr. was right to worry; his brother had become an informant, federal authorities said.

The indictment provided sketchy data about a sports bookmaking operation that allegedly was run between 1992 and 2001 by Frank Calabrese Sr. and Nicholas Ferriola. The indictments stated that it operated in northern Illinois and involved five or more people.

Thomas Kirkpatrick, president of the Chicago Crime Commission, said illegal gambling is the mother's milk of the mob.

Kirkpatrick said he had seen one estimate from several years ago that about $100 million was bet with the Chicago mob on the NFL's Super Bowl.

"That's where the money is for the mob," Kirkpatrick said. "No one else has the ability to move the money, to cover the bets, to keep the records and to collect debts. That takes an organization."

And, the chairman of the Illinois Gaming Board last week raised concerns that the current board's low staffing of investigators could let organized crime sneak into the state's nine operating riverboat casinos. Gaming officials fear that mob figures would work the casinos in search of desperate gamblers and offer them "juice loans," lending money at rates that can reach 520 percent a year.

The Chicago mob allegedly has its tentacles deep into at least six Teamsters Union locals, according to a report prepared last year by the union's anti-corruption investigators. They turned up allegations of mob influence, kickback schemes and the secret shifting of union jobs to low-wage, non-union companies.

A copy of the report had been provided to the Justice Department after the investigators alleged that union leaders acting at the direction of the Chicago mob had blocked their probe into alleged wrongdoing.

"The Chicago area, more than anywhere else where Teamster entities are concentrated, continues to furnish the conditions that historically have made the union vulnerable to organized crime infiltration and systemic corruption: an organized crime family that still has considerable strength, a corrupt business and political environment and resistance to anti-racketeering reform efforts by key Teamster leaders," the report said.

Mob hasn't changed

In fact, the FBI's organized crime unit already is investigating some of the allegations in the report.

Agents are looking into whether hundreds of thousands of dollars were siphoned from a Teamsters benefit plan that provides dental care to Chicago-area undertakers and valets, according to sources.

"The mob is the same as it always has been," said FBI spokesman Ross Rice, "just on a smaller scale."

----------

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 23rd, 2010, 3:45 pm

Since we use FBI stats so much WHY NOT USE THIS ONE? The chicago mob has 25 members. Very believable. They havent made a new member since the early 80s. Dead on with recent informants testimony. 60 members you point to him naming are 60 members inactive and active, some have moved away-or retired due to age and prison stretches. 1984 last member made. Nicky Calabrese said likewise. He also mentioned over and over again in so many words that they werent meeting anymore/paying taxes and from his testimony NON EXISTANT. Theirs a street gang near me with some 30 members who are considered extinct. Yet the chitown mob isnt by your estimates. Picture the recent Michael Sarno indictment-all his coconspirators werent made guys. The family secrets trial-said over and over again that the rackets they were being tried on were history and not recent. Also -figure that all his partners-werent members just dudes who worked for the mob, half hazardously-minor connections.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 23rd, 2010, 6:24 pm

mayugastank wrote:Since we use FBI stats so much WHY NOT USE THIS ONE? The chicago mob has 25 members. Very believable. They havent made a new member since the early 80s. Dead on with recent informants testimony. 60 members you point to him naming are 60 members inactive and active, some have moved away-or retired due to age and prison stretches. 1984 last member made. Nicky Calabrese said likewise. He also mentioned over and over again in so many words that they werent meeting anymore/paying taxes and from his testimony NON EXISTANT. Theirs a street gang near me with some 30 members who are considered extinct. Yet the chitown mob isnt by your estimates. Picture the recent Michael Sarno indictment-all his coconspirators werent made guys. The family secrets trial-said over and over again that the rackets they were being tried on were history and not recent. Also -figure that all his partners-werent members just dudes who worked for the mob, half hazardously-minor connections.

This is a perfect example of where you rest your entire argument on one or two pieces of information rather than really doing in depth research.

First, I can show you various estimates from law enforcement and organized crime experts in recent years that put the current Chicago Outfit membership anywhere from 25 to 60 made members. The average estimate is about 50, which I'd certainly believe considering the level of mob activity still in Chicago. The families in New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia have about 50 members each and they are not considered to be quite on the level of the Outfit. So one could surmise Chicago has about that many. On the other end, a family like Detroit still has about 25 members and they have nowhere near the level of activity that Chicago has.

Second, you keep repeating this comment you attribute to Calabrese about no members having been made since the early 80's. I don't ever recall reading this and I wonder if you can provide a link. I find it hard to believe. The Outfit is certainly a very insular and guarded organization so they don't make guys every day. But not a single guy having been made in nearly 30 years? Doubtful. And yes, the 60 members cited by Calabrese would include all of them - active, inactive, and in prison.

Third, it's interesting how you also keep repeating what you claim Calabrese said about no meetings, no tribute being kicked up the ladder, etc. I also don't recall this. And in any event, continual mob cases over the past decade show otherwise. The Outfit is a much smaller, more streamlined organization than decades ago. They have gone from 6 or 7 larger crews to 4 smaller ones. They have relatively little presence outside of Illinois and even within the state their activity is primarily in Chicago and it's suburbs in Cook County. The Chicago mob has but a fraction of the political and police clout it did decades ago but is still involved, albeit to a smaller degree, in many of it's old rackets - illegal gambling (sports betting, video poker machines), loansharking (juice loans), extortion (street tax), contract bid-rigging, burglary rings, etc.

Fourth, you should go back and research the "Family Secrets" case more in depth. The government had to form a RICO case. Murder is often a big part of any serious mob RICO case. And all the murders involved did go back years. But other parts of the case - gambling operations, loansharking, extortion, tax fraud, etc. came up to recent years. For a RICO case to even be introduced, all the crimes have to be within a certain time frame. And this isn't to say that the Chicago mob has stopped killing. Over the past decade notable Outfit figures such as Ronnie Jarrett, Anthony Chiaramonti, and Anthony Zizzo have been killed.

This is what I mean by you not taking the time to weigh all information together. You just stick with whatever piece of information suits your argument and tend to ignore everything else. You're more concerned with appearing to be right than actually being right.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 23rd, 2010, 7:02 pm

mayugastank wrote:Also -figure that all his partners-werent members just dudes who worked for the mob, half hazardously-minor connections.
I'm not sure what your point is about most of the guys not being made members. That's most often the situation in mob cases. There are more associates (what you would call "dudes who work for the mob") than members, particularly in Chicago which has always had a relatively large ratio of associates-to-members.

The indictments, both original and superseding, are below. And they give the roles of all those involved - Michael Sarno, James Formato, Mark Polchan, Mark Hay, Samuel Volpendesto, Anthony Volpendesto, Dino Vitalo, and Casey Szaflarski. Not exactly "half hazardously minor connections."

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/document ... tfinal.pdf
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/chic ... 302_01.pdf

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 24th, 2010, 7:23 am

DESPERATION AND MISINFORMED? didnt you just read the dam article I posted? or how about the book on the family secrets trial? what about the interview Harry Aleman gave where he dead ends and says everything I said...no new members/recent indictments have to do with past crimes/no meetings/no taxations????? This is Harry Aleman probably one of teh most influential members of Chitown Mob ever. They killed people for him 10 years after he went away -a man well respected and well known-tied to the very top of Chicagos underworld...But I guess youll say hes spinning or something of that nature. Here Goes how he tells it...........
Answer me this is this not exactly as Ive said????????????????????????? yet this guy here is the upper echeleon creme of the crop mafia soldier-almost lamenting the death of the death of the mob and how he gave his life for it. Notice he talks about how the guy suspected of informing on him was killed as a favor to him and how much he cherished that act? he had been away 10 years when the mob whacked a dude they suspected had put him away. Obviously the dude loved the life and had his ethics, but I believe he tells it like it is here. It rings thrue in that he says quote" whoever they locked up recently they locked them up for their past performance"...........

http://www.thechicagosyndicate.com/2005 ... leman.html

"The reporters and newspapers have to keep it alive, but there ain't nothing in Chicago, no street tax, no extortion, no nothing," Aleman says. "There might be some old guys languishing around, but it's moot.

"The younger generation doesn't want no part of the mob; it's over." Aleman adds that young men would rather go to college and not take a risk they'd end up like him.

"There's no dice games, no card games, no bookmaking, if there's any bookmaking, it's just with the Jewish people on the North Side," he says, adding that even if that's happening, there's no street tax on the money changing hands.

"There's nobody who wants to do the job; this isn't the '30s or '40s," he recalls. "Is there a mob running over, putting people in trunks? . . . No, nobody wants to be part of it because of the feds. ... And these guys don't want to go to no jail like Harry.

"Whoever they locked up recently, they locked them up for their past performance, because they haven't been doing anything for the past 10 or 15 years."

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 24th, 2010, 7:28 am

By the way this personal account with Harry Aleman was my favorite article ever on the mafia. 21 staright years in the can, and wont even mention beefs to a reporter-this dude is a legend and I can see why he would command tremendous respect decades after going away. I mean they murdered anyone they thought had a hand in getting him pinched. RIP.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 24th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Yep. You're getting desperate and misinformed. And your post above is a perfect example.

First, Aleman wasn't really one of the "most influential" Outfit guys ever. He was West Side boss Joe Ferriola's nephew and he was involved in the typical strong-arm work like shakedowns, robberies, murders, etc. He was certainly respected and feared but he was never part of the Outfit hierarchy.

Second, Aleman did his time and never ratted. Hence, what reason would he have to actually talk about ongoing Outfit operations? Of course he's going to say there's nothing left. That's what every mobster wants people to believe. "Nothing to see here folks, move along." And even if Aleman was inclined to talk, how much could he know about everything going on since he was in prison for years and years?

Third, as I've repeatedly told you (and you just ignore it) there are plenty of cases over the last decade that show the Outfit is still there and operating. The articles I gave you told you as much as well. But you ignore those too. You're not interested in facts. Just in winning an argument. Face it pal, you're in over your head.

In April 2000, 7 Outfit associates, including Anthony Dote, Carl Dote, and Donald Scalise, and were indicted in Chicago on charges of racketeering and gambling involving a sports betting operation that netted $2 million over 3 years.

In April 2000, 8 people, including former police detective William Handhart, were indicted in Chicago on charges of running a $10 million jewelry theft ring, which had ties to the Outfit, that included 8 separate thefts of jewelry, watches, etc. in Wisconsin , Michigan , Ohio , Minnesota , Texas , Arizona , and California .

In April 2000, members of the Satan's Disciples street gang, which had been connected to Outfit associate Ronald Jarrett, were indicted in Chicago on charges of trafficking in up to 10 kilos of cocaine a week or $1 million every 2 weeks.

In November 2000, an ex-official of LIUNA Local 5, long connected to the Outfit, was indicted in Chicago of embezzling $473,106 in union funds through increased salaries, bonuses, and vacations that benefited him, his wife, and former Secretary-Treasurer James DiForti, an Outfit associate.

In January 2001, 3 Chicago Outfit members, Frank Caruso Jr., Bruno Caruso, and Leo Caruso, all officials of LIUNA Locals 1001, 1006, and the Chicago Laborers District Council were removed from their positions. In May 2004, Local 1001 was put under federal trusteeship due to ongoing corruption and Outfit control.

In March 2001, Illinois state regulators denied a license to Emerald Casino Inc. to operate a gambling boat in Rosemont, citing the group's alleged Outfit connections. In July 2001, it was reported that Outfit associates involved with the casino had donated almost $150,000 to local public officials. In December 2002, the Illinois Gaming Board banned D&P Construction, owned by Outfit boss John "No Nose" DiFronzo, from hauling trash from the casino. In 2005, 2007, and 2009, the local media reported on DiFronzo's companies, D&P Construction and JKS Ventures, which had received contracts from local townships.

In June 2001, 10 people, including Outfit members Michael Spano and James Inendino, as well as the mayor of Cicero , were indicted in Chicago on charges of racketeering, bribery, official misconduct, wire fraud, bank fraud, mail fraud, interstate transportation of stolen property, tax evasion conspiracy, and money laundering involving the diversion of over $10 million from Cicero's insurance funds for personal benefit. Inendino would later be investiagated in April 2010 regarding his operations outside a local currency exchange.

In October 2001, the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin, Illinois was forced to pay a $3 million fine for giving a $300,000 air handling contract to the son of an Outfit figure. In April 2003, the casino was fined $7.2 million for giving out contracts to Outfit-connected companies.

In February 2002, 8 Outfit associates, including William "Billy D" DiDomenico, were indicted in Chicago on charges of running a sports betting operation over a 10 year period.

In March 2002, Richard Caravetta, an official of LIUNA Local 2, resigned due his Outfit ties and various union violations.

In April 2002, 10 Outfit members and associates, including James "Jimmy" Cozzo, were indicted in Chicago for skimming over $3.2 million, allegedly for a casino in Caracao, from illegal bingo games carried out by using veteran's groups as fronts at the Grand Palace bingo hall.

In April 2002, an Outfit associate, Anthony Giannone, pled guilty in Chicago for conspiring to possess and distribute more than 100 kilos of marijuana.

In May 2002, 2 Outfit associates, Nick Boscarino and Ralph Aulenta, were indicted in Chicago on charges of tax fraud, insurance fraud, and money laundering involving the siphoning of over $460,000 from the Village of Rosemont through a mob-owned insurance company.

In May 2002, an official of IBT Union Local 714, tied to the Outfit, was expelled due to a plot to drive down wages and benefits for IBT Local 631 in Las Vegas . In October 2002, the report "The Teamsters: Perception and Reality" was released, resulting from the RISE investigation into ongoing Outfit influence and corruption in the Teamsters Union, which included investigations into IBT Locals 330, 714, 726, 727, 743, 781, 786, in Chicago. In May 2004, a former internal ethics officer for the Teamsters Union identified the top assistent of IBT President James Hoffa Jr. as responsible for interfering with the investiation into links between the Chicago Outfit and Teamsters Unions in Chicago . This was in response to a IBT report that attempted to discredit him. In October 2004, it was alleged that, John Coli, an official of IBT Union Local 727 in Chicago had ties to the Outfit. In December 2004, a banned IBT official, Bill Hogan, was found to still have ties to the Teamsters Joint Council in Chicago, as well as his former Local 727. In January 2005, an investigation took place into IBT Local 727 regarding siphoning off of thousands of dollars from the unions' dental plan. In December 2007, 3 officials IBT Local 743 were indicted on charges of labor fraud and theft of union ballots in attempt to rig contested 2004 elections. In June 2008, IBT Local 714 was put under federal trusteeship due to ongoing charges of corruption and contace with barred individuals. In January 2009, it was reported that a Senate nominee from Chicago had ties to Outfit-connected LIUNA Local 1001 and IBT Local 734.

In February 2003, 17 people involved with the Crazy Horse Too strip club in Nevada , tied to the Outfit, were indicted on charges of racketeering, corruption, extortion, robbery, and tax fraud.

In January 2004, 3 people, including Paul Karoluk, are indicted for running a multimillion dollar burglary ring tied to the Outfit.

In July 2004, after being banned in the 1990's from Laborers Union, Cicero/Melrose Park crew boss, John "Pudgy" Matassa Jr., was reported to be overseeing the Amalgamated Transit Workers Union Local 711.

In November 2004, the "Hired Truck Program" scandal broke, in which at least 28 people and 26 trucking and carting companies, including ones tied to the Outfit, and the city's Streets and Sanitation, Transportation, and Water Departments, were charged in a series of indictments with racketeering conspiracy, bribery, bid-rigging, theft, billing at union (IBT Local 726) wages while using non-union labor, and obstruction of justice in a scheme to obtain $40 million in city contracts.

In February 2005, it was found that a tribal casino boat off the coast of Cancun Mexico had investors with Outfit ties.

In April 2005, 14 Outfit members and associates, including administration members James "Jimmy the Man" Marcello and Joseph "The Clown" Lombardo, and and South Side/26th Street member Frank "Brankie Breeze" Calabrese, were indicted on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running sports betting and video poker operations, extorting a "street tax" from restaurant and 2 porn shops, tax evasion, and multiple murder counts.

In February 2006, 9 Outfit associates, including John "Tiger" Frisella, were indicted in Rockford for running a sports betting operation that netted $500,000.

In January 2007, a U.S. Marshal, John Ambrose, was indicted in Chicago with illegally disclosing information about turncoat Nicholas Calabrese to Outfit members.

In January 2007, Gerard Kenny was ordered to sell his shares in the Casino Queen riverboat in East St. Louis because of his ties to an Outfit associate.

In July 2008, Outfit associate, Anthony Calabrese, was convicted for running a burglary ring.

In March 2009, a civil RICO complaint was filed in Chicago against 7 Outfit members and associates, including boss John "No Nose" DiFronzo and Elmwood Park crew bosses, Peter "Greedy Petey" Fratto and Rudolph "Uncle Rudy" Fratto, that charged them with extortion, intimidation, loansharking, and murder conspiracy involving the ownership in a Melrose Park medical clinic and the shaking down of one of it's patients, Joseph Fosco, the son of a former mob-connected labor union boss.

In May 2009, 8 Outfit members and associates, including Grand Avenue crew street boss, Michael "The Large Guy" Sarno, and a Berwyn police officer, were indicted on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, engaging in nine jewelry robberies worth over $1.8 million, transportation and fencing of stolen cigarettes, arson in the form of employing the Outlaw Motorcycle Gang to detonate a pipe bomb at a rival video poker business, running video poker operations, obstruction of a criminal investigation, wire fraud, and tax evasion.

In September 2009, Elmwood Park crew street boss, Rudolph "Uncle Rudy" Fratto, was indicted on charges of tax evasion. In March 2010, Fratto and an associate were indicted in Chicago on charges of mail fraud in connection with a contract bid-rigging scheme to provide forklift trucks for local trade shows.

In December 2009, approximately 10-12 local bars and taverns in Chicago were raided involving an investigation into Outfit-connected video poker machines.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 25th, 2010, 9:45 pm

OH WOW!
In april 2010 a White Fence gang member killed a kid in a bar brawl
In june 2010 his brpther forged some checks
in september 2010 his 3rd generation cousin stole a remote control car at Toys R Us.
The Perez crime family is still very operative............................I can do it to !!!

Fact: testimony given by recent informers SAYS no new members,no taxation hardly any meetings between factions
Fact: Harry Aleman was well respected his incarceration was revenged by murders of suspects who they thought had sniched him out.
Fact: You draw long dirty -no connection CONNECTIONS.
Fact: According to the FBI they have 25 members left.
Fact: That only matters to you when the FBI stats pump up numbers not when they play them down.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 26th, 2010, 1:08 am

mayugastank wrote:Fact: testimony given by recent informers SAYS no new members,no taxation hardly any meetings between factions
I'm still waiting for a link to this supposed comment by Calabrese. You have never seen it anywhere and you have yet to provide it. One would think you'd have it available since it's basically the foundation of your entire argument.
Fact: Harry Aleman was well respected his incarceration was revenged by murders of suspects who they thought had sniched him out.
Can you even read? The point wasn't whether Aleman was well respected but whether he was one of the most influential Outfit guys.
Fact: You draw long dirty -no connection CONNECTIONS.

You are so full of shit. I give you a list as long as your arm of recent Outfit activity and you just choose to ignore it because it proves you wrong. I bet you just briefly skimmed over them before going right to typing you stupid response.
Fact: According to the FBI they have 25 members left. Fact: That only matters to you when the FBI stats pump up numbers not when they play them down
Really, shit-for-brains? Look who is clinging onto one estimate like grim death instead of doing more in depth research. You're not even interested in the facts. Just trying to win an argument you lost a long time ago. Isn't it funny how some of Calabrese's testimony holds weight with you (the no meetings, taxing, etc.) but not the fact that he also reportedly identified 60 Outfit members. That you just ignore and go with another a lower estimate because you feel it helps your case.

Here's various estimates of the Outfit's membership over the past decade. Like I said, they range from 25 to 60. This is what doing some actual research looks like, moron.

December 2000 -
While the Outfit once claimed hundreds of inducted, or "made," members, today that figure has dwindled to perhaps 50.
http://www.laborers.org/ChicagoMag_Moblite_12_00.htm

August 2002 -
In the 1980s, the Chicago mob had roughly 200 "made" members, each of whom ran his own various illegal businesses. Today, according to the FBI, the mob is down to about 50 made members.
http://www.ipsn.org/characters/new_outfit.htm

May 2005 -
The FBI estimates that Chicago now only has 25 "made" members and another 75 organized crime associates. Federal authorities said that 15 years ago the mob had 50 "made" members and as many as 400 associates.
http://www.labor-unions.net/newspapers/ ... on_mob.htm

September 2007 -
Robert D. Grant, special agent in charge of the FBI's Chicago office, said the city is still plagued by 28 "made guys" and more than 100 associates who do the dirty work but are in the mob's inner circle.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... 3147_x.htm

September 2007
We have dozens of open investigations,' John Mallul, supervisor of the FBI's organized crime unit in Chicago, said in an interview.....Mallul estimates the Outfit has about 30 'made' members and a little more than 100 associates.
http://forums.thesopranos.com/viewtopic.php?t=4173
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169287805.html

March 2009 -
In addition to the 14 murders, Calabrese confessed to, he told prosecutors about 60 names of made men in the Outfit.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/mob/2009/03/w ... _abou.html

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » December 26th, 2010, 2:44 am

Again wetside -your so fucking delusional you make some hair brain connections like your previous links. Give me a fucking break. The first link you posted above was a link quoting second hand FBI sources--it was an estimate given by a newspaper man. The next 3 listing 30-28-25 chicago mob members was an official FBI estimate. PERIOD. Calabrese named 60 members-dead inactive-retired. The FBI named possbile active members still residing in Chitown. But you dont know how to pay the fuck attention. Official FBI estimates estimate between 25-30 since 2007. You double their estimates.WHY? Your a dumb son of a bitch ---when it suits you. But since you like insults lets give them---stupid fuck. Their is no mafia outside of NYC. They are crumbling their. The bonanos and colombos and lucchesse are essentially exterminated. Chicago is in all essence defunct. Or possible youd liek to include Joey The Clown in those members list? since he didnt have anything else to do with the mob and it was well known. The family secrets trial had him under survelliance and he never met with any mobsters. DIPSHIT. The guys catching cases are all old cases....kinda like Harry Aleman said! and well if youve read anything dumbfuck---its plane as day they are GONZO. You make a big deal out of torching an arcade and breathe so called life back into the mob? well theirs a thousand gangs in LA who shoot/kill a day around here. Your such a dumbfucken dude who plays the fiddle and if you cant resolve a disagreement without insults it shows why your the stupid fuck you are. I mean 3 OFFICIAL ESTIMATES from the FBI listing between 25-30 members....active/inactive and retired. So only God knows how many they are really left. Get the fuck outta here their are no white gangs in this country anymore. Maybe the AB who have sucked mexican balls so long that they could hardly be considered white!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 28th, 2010, 12:09 am

mayugastank wrote:Again wetside -your so #%@&#%@ delusional you make some hair brain connections like your previous links. Give me a #%@&#%@ break. The first link you posted above was a link quoting second hand FBI sources--it was an estimate given by a newspaper man. The next 3 listing 30-28-25 chicago mob members was an official FBI estimate. PERIOD. Calabrese named 60 members-dead inactive-retired. The FBI named possbile active members still residing in Chitown. But you dont know how to pay the fu-- attention. Official FBI estimates estimate between 25-30 since 2007. You double their estimates.WHY? Your a dumb son of a bitch ---when it suits you. But since you like insults lets give them---stupid fu--.

This is what you do. Facts get thrown in your face and you intentionally twist them into something they're not so you don't have answer them. The "newspaper man" in the first estimate didn't just pull that 50 member figure out of his ass. In the early part of the decade the FBI released a list of 47 names of current Outfit members. More recently, the 60 names Calabrese listed were also current Outfit members. Not dead ones. It's not like he was naming guys like Sam Giancana or Turk Torello. Current Outfit members. And as I keep having to remind you, they are still considered members whether they are active or not. But this is just your way of trying to downplay that 60 member figure that goes against your case. Isn't it funny how Calabrese has all the crediblity in the world to you when he's talking about no more meetings or street tax. But when he mentions the names of 60 current Outfit members, you quickly find a reason to ignore that or explain it away. Just goes to show you are not looking at this objectively. Unless somebody has an agenda - which you do - it makes no sense to put more weight on one particular estimate over another. Over the past decade we've seen estimates ranging from 25 to 60. You choose to go with the lowest estimate possible because you feel it helps your argument. I prefer to look at all these estimates collectively, as well as in light of the ongoing mob activity there. This leads an objective observer to believe there are still more than 25 made members of the Chicago Outfit.
Their is no mafia outside of NYC. They are crumbling their.
According to who? You? I can show you a long list of mob indictments in places like New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia that show otherwise. But we both know you'd just ignore them, rather than acknowledge them, because they prove you wrong.

The LCN is most active in the New York metropolitan area, parts of New Jersey, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, and New England. It has members in other major cities and is involved in international crimes.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate ... lian_mafia
The bonanos and colombos and lucchesse are essentially exterminated.

According to who? You? What you don't seem to realize is you simply repeating this over and over doesn't make it so. Here is a list of cases involving the Bonannos, Colombos, and Luccheses over the past decade. Go ahead and try to explain these away you dumb shit.

In January 2000, 5 Colombo Family associates were indicted in Florida on charges of operating a pyramid scheme that took in over $13 million from 48,000 people in 8 months through a company that claimed to help people buy computer equipment, set up home-office and small businesses, and engage in commerce on the internet.

In March 2000, 19 Mafia members and associates, including Bonanno captain Frank Coppa, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of stock fraud involving a "pump and dump" penny stock operation through a broker-dealer firm and 3 "boiler room" companies from 1993 to 1996 that scammed $40 million from thousands of investors.

In April 2000, 5 Colombo Family associates were indicted on Long Island on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, arson, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, and murder. In December 2001, 4 people, including Galasso, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of operating a "pump and dump" stock scam involving a company which claimed to have a cure for anthrax.

In June 2000, 18 Colombo Family members and associates were indicted in Florida on charges of illegal gambling, stolen goods, credit card fraud, bribery, and money laundering through check-cashing stores and pawn shops.

In June 2000, 11 Mafia members and associates, including Bonanno acting captain Robert "Little Robert" Lino, were charged in Manhattan in a series of indictments and criminal complaint with racketeering, securities fraud, pension fund fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, bribery, extortion, money laundering, witness tampering, and solicitation to commit murder. Central to the case was the Mafia gaining control of 35 broker and stock promoter or "boiler room" companies involved in the micro-cap stock market and scamming investors out of $50 million over a 5 year period.

In June 2000, 10 Bonanno Family members and associates, including captain Joseph "Joe Black" DeSimone, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of running a sports betting operation, loan sharking, and trafficking in marijuana.

In September 2000, 38 people, including 11 Lucchese Family members and associates - among them acting boss Steven "Wonderboy" Crea and captains Dominick "Crazy Dom" Truscello and Joseph "Joey Flowers" Tangorra - were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, enterprise corruption, restraint of trade, bribery, extortion, and wire fraud. Over a 3 year period, from 1997 through 1999, the Luccheses and officials in Carpenters Union Local 608; LIUNA Locals 20 (Cement & Concrete Workers), 66 (General Building Laborers), 79 (General Building Laborers); 29 (Blasters, Miners, and Drillrunners), and Bricklayers Union Local 1, charged a "mob tax" to 16 contractors and 11 companies (who were part of the "Lucchese Construction Group) of at least 5% of the value of 8 different public and private construction projects with a total value of $39 million in Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Long Island, and Westchester in exchange for rigged-bids, "sweetheart deals" involving the use of cheaper non-union labor and the evasion of payments to union pension and benefit funds. In addition, the contractors employed Lucchese members as "no show" or "no work" employees on their projects, which gave them a legitimate source of income as well as medical coverage and pension benefits. Also among the charges was the falsfying of reports to the Carpenters and Concrete Workers Union District Councils.

In November 2000, 7 Lucchese Family members and associates, including acting underboss Eugene “Boopsie” Castelle and captain Joseph “Flowers” Tangorra, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of running a numbers operation, loan sharking, cocaine trafficking, extorting businesses through threats of arson, and murder.

In January 2001, 11 Colombo Family associates, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of running a $30 million a year sports betting operation using 7 wirerooms in Brooklyn and Staten Island .

In February 2001, 11 Colombo Family members and associates, including acting boss Alphonse “Little Allie Boy” Persico and underboss John “Jackie” DeRoss, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, stock fraud, loan sharking, extortion, marijuana and ecstasy trafficking, and money laundering through a catering hall.

In March 2001, 11 Lucchese Family members and associates were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering conspiracy, mortgage fraud, bank fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, extortion, and cocaine trafficking. Those charged had been involved in a "flip sale" mortgage fraud scheme by which, through several real estate companies they controlled, bought 6 properties in Brooklyn, Long Island, and upstate New York and then inflated the value through falsified real estate appraisals, and then sold them on the open market at the inflated prices.

In May 2001, 17 Bonanno Family associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of cocaine and marijuana trafficking, as well as weapons possession.

In May 2001, 7 Lucchese members and associates, which included Russian organized crime figures, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering and gasoline bootlegging involving an operation that paid protection money to the Luccheses and evaded New York gas taxes from 1996 to 2000 by using front companies and dummied paperwork to buy cheaper gas in New Jersey and sell it for below market rates on Long Island.

In July 2001, 5 Bonanno Family associates were indicted in Queens on charges of running a $25 million a year sports betting and money laundering operation which stretched from New York to Connecticut , Chicago , Florida , California , Belize , and Costa Rica.

In August 2001, 12 people involved in a Florida brokerage company owned by members and associates of the Colombo Family were indicted in Brooklyn for running a "pump and dump" stock fraud, through a company tied to late Colombo captain William "Wild Bill" Cutolo, that scammed $40 million from hundreds of investors.

In October 2001, 8 Bonanno Family associates were indicted in Manhattan on charges of selling 185 firearms for $200,000, distributing 100 video poker machines in businesses throughout New York City, loan sharking, and cocaine trafficking.

In November 2001, 7 Bonanno Family members and associates including underboss Salvatore “Good Looking Sal” Vitale, were indicted in Long Island on charges of racketeering, extortion, illegal gambling, loan sharking, money laundering, and bank fraud.

In December 2001, 12 Lucchese Family members and associates were indicted in Manhattan on charges of ecstasy trafficking, firearms trafficking, loan sharking, coercion, extortion, conspiracy to commit robbery, running a sports betting operation, purchasing knock-off designer jeans, watches, and cosmetics from undercover detectives posing as truck high-jackers, assault, kidnapping, and murder conspiracy.

In March 2002, 15 Bonanno Family members and associates, including consigliere Anthony “T.G.” Graziano and captain Frank “The Fireman” Porco, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, cocaine trafficking, running a "pump and dump" stock scam out of "boiler rooms" in Florida , money laundering, and murder.

In May 2002, 11 Colombo Family associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of running a loan sharking operation that had $200,000 on the street and who's victims were resorting to truck highjackings, fencing stolen sports memorabilia, and ecstasy dealing to pay loan debts.

In October 2002, 11 Bonanno Family members and associates, including acting underboss Richard “Shellackhead” Cantarella and captain Frank Coppa, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, labor racketeering involving "no show" jobs at the New York Post, money laundering, kidnapping, and murder.

In November 2002, 24 Lucchese Family members and associates, including consigliere Joseph “Joe C” Caridi and acting captains John “Johnny Sideburns” Cerrella and Vincent “Vinny Casablanca” Mancione, were indicted in Long Island on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting operation using offshore wirerooms in Costa Rica, loan sharking, exorting $7,0000 to $10,000 a night from a Long Island restaurant, extorting a strip club in Brentwood, bid-rigging and payoffs in the construction industry, and trafficking in cocaine, marijuana, and vicodin in Staten Island bars.

In November 2002, 8 Colombo Family members and associates, including acting captain Frank "Campy" Campanella, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, and carrying firearms in relation to crimes of violence.

In November 2002, 20 Bonanno Family members and associates, including captain Patrick "Patty from the Bronx" DeFillipo, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a loan sharking that took in more than $1 million a year in interest, weapons possession, cocaine trafficking, and running a sports betting and numbers operation that brought in $100,000 in bets a month.

In December 2002, 27 Lucchese and Bonanno Family members and associates, including Bonanno captain Vincent “Vinny TV” Badalamenti, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, and drug trafficking.

In December 2002, 5 Bonanno Family associates were indicted in New Jersey in charges of conspiracy, criminal usery, theft by extortion, and terroristic threats involving a loan sharking operation run out of a local bagel shop; as well as receiving stolen property and firearms possession.

In January 2003, over 20 Colombo and Lucchese Family members and associates, including Colombo consigliere Joel “Joe Waverly” Cacace and captain Luca DiMatteo, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, illegal gambling, cigarette smuggling, extortion, and murder.

In January 2003, as well as in a superseding indictment in August 2003, 13 Bonanno Family members and associates, including boss Joseph “Big Joey” Massino, underboss Salvatore “Good Looking Sal” Vitale, captains Frank Lino, Patrick "Patty from the Bronx" DeFilippo, and Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano, and acting captains Robert “Little Robert” Lino and Daniel “Dirty Danny” Mongelli, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports betting operation, distributing video poker machins, loan sharking, firearms possession, kidnapping, and murder.

In February 2003, 25 Mafia members and associates, including Colombo underboss John “Jackie” DeRoss, consigliere Joel “Joe Waverly” Cacace, and captain Charles Charlie Moose" Panarella, were indicted in Brooklyn and Manhattan on charges of extorting at least $3.6 million between 1997 and 2001 through union positions and "no show" jobs with wages and benefits, as well as defrauding benefit plans, from the International Union of Operating Engineers & Elevator Constructors Locals 14 and 15 in construction projects throughout New York City; as well as illegal gambling, loan sharking, and mortgage fraud.

In February 2003, 10 Colombo Family associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of securities fraud involving a "pump and dump" operation involving 4 companies and various brokerage houses; as well as conpiracy to launder over $2.6 million in profits.

In February 2003, 10 Bonnano Family associates were indicted in Long Island on charges of running a $7 million a year sports betting in Long Island and Queens , as well as distributing video poker machines.

In March 2003, 10 Lucchese Family associates were indicted in New Jersey on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, money laundering and running a sports betting operation that stretched from Atlantic City to Las Vegas.

In May 2003, 4 Lucchese Family members and associates, including acting boss Louis “Louie Bagels” Daidone, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, illegal gambling, loan sharking, and murder.

In June 2003, over 20 Colombo Family members and associates, including acting consigliere Ralph Lombardo, were indicted in Long Island on charges of racketeering, loan sharking at rates of 1-5% interest weekly, witness tampering, and running a sports betting operation that used offshore wirerooms and netted tens of thousands of dollars a week.

In June 2003, 8 Bonanno Family members and associates were indicted in Long Island on charges of running a $20 million a year sports betting operation that used wirerooms in Long Island, the Bronx, Manhattan, and Costa Rica .

In August 2003, Bonanno Family captain William "Willie Glasses" Riviello pled guilty in Manhattan to his involvement in a bank fraud conspiracy involving 30 people that operated in the Bronx and Westchester , in which computer hackers obtained credit card numbers issued by Mexican banks, and involved more than $3 million in stolen checks.

In January 2004, as well as in a superseding indictment in February 2007, 19 Bonanno Family members and associates, including acting boss Anthony “Tony Green” Urso, acting underboss Joseph “Joe C” Cammarano, captains Peter "Peter Rabbit" Calabrese, Joseph "Joe Desi" DeSimone, Anthony "Tony Black" Furino, Sandro Aiosa, and acting captain Robert "Bobby Ha Ha" Attanasio; and later acting underboss Nicholas "Nicky Mouth" Santora, acting consigliere Anthony "Mr. Fish" Rabito, and captains Jerome "Jerry" Asaro, Louis "Louie Electric" DeCicco, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, loan sharking, extortion of a sports betting operation, running numbers and, and card game operations, distributing video poker machines, marijuana and ecstasy trafficking, stock fraud, mail fraud, as well as multiple murder counts; including the murder of a video poker machine operator for not cutting the Bonnanos in on profits.

In March 2004, 31 Colombo Family member and associates, including Anthony and Christopher Colombo, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion of money and "no show jobs" from a construction company, mail fraud, commercial bribery, money laundering, loan sharking, running a sports betting operation, and defrauding an internet advertising company out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

In June 2004, 6 Bonanno Family members and associates, including John "Johnny Mulberry" Sciremammano, were indicted on Long Island on charges of running a $10 million a year sports betting operation using a wireroom in Costa Rica, as well as distributing video poker machines.

In October 2004, 4 Colombo Family members and associates, including acting boss Alphonse “Little Allie Boy” Persico and underboss John “Jackie” DeRoss, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering and murder.

In November 2004, as well as a a superseding indictment in June 2005, Bonanno Family acting boss Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano and an attorney were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy to committ murder, illegal gambling, and obstruction of justice involving relaying messages about Mafia business, such as inductions, promotions, loansharking, extortion, and murder, between Bonanno Family boss Joseph "Big Joey" Massino and acting boss Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano.

In November 2004, 18 people, including Lucchese and Bonanno Family associates and members of the Bloods street gang, including Louis Gallicchio, were indicted in New Jersey of running an oxycontin drug ring that brough in up to $150,000 a week and supplied dealers in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

In January 2005, 8 Bonanno Family associates were indicted on charges of trafficking in heroin and crack cocaine in the Bronx.

In February 2005, 23 Bonanno Family members and associates, including captain Gerard "Gerry" Chilli, were indicted in Florida on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, drug trafficking, stock fraud, stolen goods, and money laundering.

In April 2005, 36 people tied to the internet gambling company Betonsports were indicted in Queens on charges of running a highly sophisticated sports betting operation that handled $360 million in bets over a 2 year period and paid tribute to Bonanno Family captain Anthony "Tony Green" Urso. In November 2006, 27 people tied to Playwithal, a multibillion dollar internet gambling company tied to the Lucchese Family, including James Giordano, Ralph Piccirilli, and Frank Falzarano, was indicted in Queens on charges of running a large scale sports betting operation that used Costa Rica wirerooms. It was alleged that payoffs were also made to Bonanno Family acting boss Anthony "Tony Green" Urso.

In June 2005, 12 Bonanno Family members and associates, including acting consigliere Anthony “Mr. Fish” Rabito, were indicted in Queens on charges of running a sports betting operation, with wirerooms in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island, that handled $15 million in bets from March 2003 to July 2004, as well as loan sharking, and illegal weapons possession that included numerous handguns, ammunition, and silencers.

In November 2005, 5 Bonanno Family members and associates, including captain Dominick Cicale, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, loan sharking, and running a sports betting operation.

In March 2006, 10 Colombo, Lucchese, and Bonanno Family members and associates, including Colombo captain Joseph Baudanza, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion, witness tampering, kidnapping, and money laundering involving a $20 million "pump and dump" penny stock operation between 1994 and 2005 through 15 brokerage firms in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island.

In May 2006, 5 Bonanno Family members and associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of loansharking, weapons possession, carjacking, arson, armed robbery of a massage parlor in New Jersey and a pizza parlor in New York, assault, and murder.

In June 2006, 3 Bonanno Family members and associates were convicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, murder, trafficking in marijuana and ecstasy, loan sharking, and distributing video poker machines and running an illegal card game.

In November 2006, 11 Mafia members and associates, including Lucchese soldier Salvatore DiPietro, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of loan sharking and running a sports betting and numbers operation that handled $1 million in bets year in Bronx food markets and elsewhere in New York City.

In November 2006, 4 Bonanno Family members, including acting boss Michael “Mikey Nose” Mancuso, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of murder.

In December 2006, 11 Colombo Family members and associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting operation, loan sharking, cocaine and marijuana trafficking, robbery, firearms, and assault.

In December 2006, 3 Bonanno Family members and associates were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of loansharking and extortion involving a $100,000 loan.

In March 2007, 19 Lucchese Family members and associates were indicted on charges of racketeering conspiracy, illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, theft, and money laundering.

In December 2007, 35 people, including 28 Lucchese Family members and associates -among them acting bosses Joseph “Big Joe” DiNapoli and Matthew Madonna and captains Ralph Perna and Nicodemo "Nicky Jr." Scarfo Jr. - were arrested, and subsequently indicted in May 2010, in New Jersey on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, being a leader of organized crime, promoting gambling and possession of gambling records involving a sports betting operation which had handled $2.2 billion in wagers between August 2006 and December 2007, loan sharking, extortion, money laundering, trafficking in cocaine and oxycodone, smuggling heroin and cell phones into prison in cooperation with members of the Bloods street gang, theft by extortion involving mortgage fraud, weapons possession, aggravated assault, falsifying records, tax fraud, bribery, and money laundering.

In February 2008, 8 Lucchese Family members and associates, including captain Domenico “Danny” Cutaia, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, illegal gambling, loansharking, extortion, marijuana trafficking, bank fraud, and mail fraud.

In March 2008, 6 Colombo Family members and associates, including captain Michael Uvino, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, running illegal card games out of the Sons of Italy hall in Long Island , robbery conspiracy, kidnapping, and assault.

In June 2008, as well as in a superseding indictment in December 2008, 13 Colombo Family members and associates, including acting boss Thomas "Tommy Shots" Gioeli, underboss John "Sonny" Franzese, consigliere Joel "Joe Waverly" Cacace, and captain Dino "Big Dino" Calabro, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion of a pizzeria and a beauty salon, armed robbery of a drug dealer and a fur clothing store, loan sharking, marijuna and cocaine trafficking, and murder.

In May 2008, 23 Mafia members and associates, including several from the Lucchese Family, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running sports betting and casino game operations via the internet and toll free numbers, loan sharking, buying merchindise from stores at false prices through counterfeit price tags, wire fraud through plotting to use credit card numbers obtained from customers at another business, plotting with officials of Operating Engineers Union Local 825 and LIUNA Local 1153 (construction) to accept payoffs of $55,000 to allow non-union labor at 2 construction sites and no-show jobs, defrauding a construction company through false work records, and extorting payoffs from lunch truck vendors for allowing them to park in desired parts of construction sites.

In August 2008, 7 Bonanno Family members and associates, including acting captains Gerald “Gerry” Chilli and John “Big John” Contello, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting operation, loan sharking, trafficking in cocaine, marijuana, and prescription drugs, and tax fraud.

In October 2008, 8 Lucchese Family members and associates, including acting captain Anthony Croce, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of running a sports betting operation, conspiracy, and cocaine trafficking.

In February 2009, 10 Bonanno Family associates were indicted on charges of running a cocaine trafficking ring on Staten Island.

In May 2009, 11 Bonanno Family members and associates, including Thomas Fiore, were indicted in Florida on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, manufacturing fraudulent checks, using false security numbers, trafficking in stolen plasma televisions and cigarettes, distribution of oxycodone and hydrocone, interstate transportation of stolen property, money laundering, loan sharking, extortion, running illegal high-stakes poker games, medicare fraud, and forcing business owners to install mob-controlled vending machines, obstruction of justice, and murder.

In September 2009, 19 Lucchese Family members and associates, including captain Andrew DeSimone, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of running sports betting and high stake card game operations in clubs in Westchester and New York City , loan sharking, and attempting bribery of police officers for protection.

In September 2009, 7 years after 19 current and former New York Building Industry Inspectors in the plumbing industry, which had ties to the Lucchese Family, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of extorting bribes from contractors in exchange for approving plumbing projects throughout New York City; 29 Lucchese Family members and associates, including acting bosses Joseph DiNapoli and Matthew "Matty" Madonna, and acting captain Anthony Croce, as well as officials in the New York Department of Buildings and 4 companies in the construction and real estate industry, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of enterprise corruption, running sports betting operations that had handled $400 million in bets over a 2 year period using wire rooms in Costa Rica, loan sharking, extortion, bribery and bribe receiving of officials to overlook construction violation codes and issue building permits in 19 separate projects in Manhattan and the Bronx totaling $120,000, firearms trafficking, trafficking in painkiller narcotics, and filing false documents with public offices.

In October 2009, 15 Bonanno Family members and associates, including captains Joseph "Sammy" Sammartino and Anthony "Scal" Sclafani, and acting Captains Joseph "Joe Lefty" Loiacono and Anthony "Little Anthony" Pipitone, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports betting operation, distributing video poker machines, marijuana trafficking, loan sharking, extortion, bank fraud through forged checks, obstruction of justice, weapons possession, assault, and perjury.

In November 2009, 22 Mafia members and associates, including Lucchese captain Anthony Croce, were indicted in Staten Island on charges of running a multimillion dollar sports betting operation that used an offshore wireroom in Costa Rica, loan sharking, fraud, grand larceny, attempted bribery, and bid-rigging and kickbacks involving a Sanitation Department official and a multimillion contract for concrete barriers for New York City.

In December 2009, 4 Colombo Family members and associates were indicted in Massachusetts on charges of cocaine and marijuana trafficking, selling over 150 weapons as well as silencers and ammunition, extortion, loan sharking, and interstate and foreign travel in aid of racketeering; the operations extending to Rhode Island, New York, and Arkansas.

In February 2010, as well as in a superseding indictment in May 2010, 11 Lucchese and Bonanno Family members and associates, including Lucchese captains Domenico "Danny" Cutaia, Joseph "Big Joe" Lubrano, acting captain Carlo Profeta, and Bonanno captain Anthony "Anthony From Elmont" Mannone were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, loan sharking, running a sports betting operation, using extortionate means to collect gambling debts, larceny by extortion, robbery of an electronics store and pharmecy, robbery of a drug dealer, unlawful use of a firearm, and helping a fugitive to evade capture.

In March 2010, 8 Colombo Family members and associates, including family administration member Theodore "Teddy" Persico Jr., were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, wire fraud, extorting kickbacks from a demolition company, extorting loan shark payments from the owner of a furniture store, and using non-union shell companies to circumvent payments to the benefit funds of IBT Union Local 282 (trucking, etc.).
Chicago is in all essence defunct.

I've already proven this isn't true. And once again, you simply repeating it over and over doesn't make it so.
Or possible youd liek to include Joey The Clown in those members list? since he didnt have anything else to do with the mob and it was well known. The family secrets trial had him under survelliance and he never met with any mobsters. DIPSHIT.

Lombardo didn't have anything to do with the mob? Give me a break. Authorities said that he continued to run the over all affairs of the Grand Avenue crew. He was one of the Outfit's top guys for years. In more recent years he was simply lying low and trying to stay under the radar. But it's not like he suddenly had "nothing to do" with Outfit. See how full of shit you are?
The guys catching cases are all old cases....kinda like Harry Aleman said! and well if youve read anything dumbfuck---its plane as day they are GONZO. You make a big deal out of torching an arcade and breathe so called life back into the mob?

I've already proven this wrong. I've shown Outfit cases over the past decade right up to the present.
well theirs a thousand gangs in LA who shoot/kill a day around here. Your such a dumbfucken dude who plays the fiddle and if you cant resolve a disagreement without insults it shows why your the stupid fu-- you are. I mean 3 OFFICIAL ESTIMATES from the FBI listing between 25-30 members....active/inactive and retired. So only God knows how many they are really left. Get the fu-- outta here their are no white gangs in this country anymore. Maybe the AB who have sucked mexican balls so long that they could hardly be considered white!
And there we have it folks. This is what is really driving mayugastank in all this. For him, all this is really just another one of those tired, old ethnic pissing contests. Thousand gangs in LA? AB sucking Mexican balls? Besides this having nothing to do with the subject at hand, what is your point?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » January 6th, 2011, 1:25 pm

NO here is whats really driving me .THE TRUTH.
Fact the mafia was the most powerful syndictae ever known. Fact their counterparts in ITALY are still the most powerful/secretive/organized and oldest crime syndicate. Fact they are the most powerul/secretive/organized because Mafia and culture are synonomous. Mafia in Italy goes back hundreds of years theyve had wars and trial and errors to come up with the model they have. Todays Mafia in America are full blooded American citizens 3rd and 4th gemeration removed from Italy and their customs -they eat Pizza from Dominos. Todays Mafia as Ive read are merely white trash scum hangers on drug addicted losers who tried real hard to hold onto as much of tehir culture as they could so that they arent just another WHITE subgroup. But sadly most dont realize the penance paid for playing gangster when you have a whole organization looking to break you up since it gives them funding and fame.

The Feds play hard, Frankie Sparaco was set to be released and he was threatened with new murder charges. The Colombos were heard lamenting how far theyd fallen and how many had flipped. Ralph Deleo was named an acting boss --simply because he and Persico had hit it off in the FEDS. The American MAfia has begun to resemble the Mexican Mafia were reputations are garnered in prison instead of the streets. But alas the Mexican Mafia does thorough background checks on gangs involved in gangs going to their teenage years -THUS why the very low number of EME informers. The American Italian mafia doesnt have the luxuries of thousands of recruits to choose from and have scrapped th barrell to fill their ranks. Theyve had trouble filling these ranks since at least the 1990s. John Gotti was overheard complaining about where the new mafia would pick up guys from. The cases made of the mafia today are cases of old. Chicago in more ways then one is defunct. Precusory evidence is what WESTSIDE uses to link the mob to a formal organized structured organization. Second hand cases and cold cases. WESTSIDE names 60+ current outfit members but doesnt discount deaths/retirees/guys on their deathbeds. Their is no new blood. Of course an outfit like the CHITOWN mob wouldve had 60 members in their history. Today the FBI respectively has named between 25-30 made members. Also which about half are probably retired. Give up white organized crime in the states is finuck. So please WESTSIDE go to the pishado and flush that BS you selling.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 6th, 2011, 11:27 pm

mayugastank wrote:NO here is whats really driving me .THE TRUTH.

That's just it. You think you know the truth. But we both know you don't really do your homework. You may read a few articles here, a few books there, and think you're up to speed on the modern day Mafia. But you're not. I proven that over and over again. All you do is make generalizations based on isolated accounts you've read.
Fact the mafia was the most powerful syndictae ever known. Fact their counterparts in ITALY are still the most powerful/secretive/organized and oldest crime syndicate. Fact they are the most powerul/secretive/organized because Mafia and culture are synonomous. Mafia in Italy goes back hundreds of years theyve had wars and trial and errors to come up with the model they have. Todays Mafia in America are full blooded American citizens 3rd and 4th gemeration removed from Italy and their customs -they eat Pizza from Dominos. Todays Mafia as Ive read are merely white trash scum hangers on drug addicted losers who tried real hard to hold onto as much of tehir culture as they could so that they arent just another WHITE subgroup. But sadly most dont realize the penance paid for playing gangster when you have a whole organization looking to break you up since it gives them funding and fame.

You're making an entirely different argument here. If you want to say that the Mafia has declined in any number of ways, for any number of reasons, from it's peak a half century ago, nobody will argue with you. That's true. Law enforcement, RICO, rats, union reform, and general attrition above all has wiped out many families and weakened those that remain to one extent or another. But where you go wrong is basing your arguments on who eats Dominoes Pizza and making blanket statements like today's Mafia are all drug addicts. Like I said above, generalizations based one what few accounts you've read.
The Feds play hard, Frankie Sparaco was set to be released and he was threatened with new murder charges.
So what else is new? The feds have been doing this for years. They'll let a guy plead out rather than go to trial and then pin something else on him before his release if they can. What's your point?
The Colombos were heard lamenting how far theyd fallen and how many had flipped.

Again, what's your point? The mob has been in decline for decades. But that doesn't mean it's extinct, especially the New York families. You seem to want to dwell on the fact that some Colombo members (13 to be exact) have flipped while ignoring the fact that about 100 or so current other members haven't. You seem to want to dwell on the fact that they've declined, while ignoring all the ongoing indictments over the past decade that show the continued activity of the family. That's what I mean by you having an agenda rather than looking at things objectively simply because you want to win an argument you've already lost. Maybe you heard about the recent news of the Colombos still controlling LIUNA Local 6A, which was at the center of the "Concrete Club" case back in the 1980's.
Ralph Deleo was named an acting boss --simply because he and Persico had hit it off in the FEDS.

While I usually put a lot of stock in indictments, I think it's pretty evident DeLeo was acting boss in name only. He did help to officiate at some ceremonies and was involved in a number of sit downs, but he was mainly running his own little crew up in Massachusetts. He wasn't really involved in the day to day affairs of the family. In other words, it doesn't take a genius to see that he was given the title simply as a ploy to keep the heat off the guys who are really running things in New York.
The American MAfia has begun to resemble the Mexican Mafia were reputations are garnered in prison instead of the streets. But alas the Mexican Mafia does thorough background checks on gangs involved in gangs going to their teenage years -THUS why the very low number of EME informers.
Talk about a bad example to an even worse argument. The Mexican Mafia is a prison gang. Their power begins behind prison walls. This bears little in the way of resemblance to what the Mafia is or how it operates.
The American Italian mafia doesnt have the luxuries of thousands of recruits to choose from and have scrapped th barrell to fill their ranks. Theyve had trouble filling these ranks since at least the 1990s. John Gotti was overheard complaining about where the new mafia would pick up guys from.

Once again, you pick up some comment Gotti made you read in a book and come to your whole conclusion on that. Yes, the pool of mob recruits has declined in terms of both quantity and quality over the years. And yet, especially in New York, the five families have been able to stay relatively stable in size up to the present day. They still have enough guys to replace those that have died, plus an additional two at Christmas, and still have more left over.
The cases made of the mafia today are cases of old.

There's one of your half-truths again. Yes, parts of many cases go back years. Especially if they involve murder, which has no statute of limitations and can be folded into a larger RICO case. But I've already given you plenty of examples of cases that involve mob activity right up to recently. You just choose to ignore all of it because it proves you wrong.
Chicago in more ways then one is defunct. Precusory evidence is what WESTSIDE uses to link the mob to a formal organized structured organization. Second hand cases and cold cases. WESTSIDE names 60+ current outfit members but doesnt discount deaths/retirees/guys on their deathbeds. Their is no new blood. Of course an outfit like the CHITOWN mob wouldve had 60 members in their history. Today the FBI respectively has named between 25-30 made members. Also which about half are probably retired.
First, I've shown you several estimates in recent years that have the Chicago mob at anywhere from 25 to 60 made guys. Second, I've shown you a list of ongoing Outfit activity over the last decade. Next to the New York families, the Chicago Outfit is considered the most viable mob organization by the feds. This is proven by the ongoing activity, which also suggests that the total membership of the Outfit is likely closer to 50 than half of that. As I've mentioned before, the Detroit family - which has far less activity than Chicago - is still said to have about 25 members. And once again, it does you no good to start making assumptions about how many are inactive or whatever because they are all still members and there are many more associates that do much of the day to day work.
Give up white organized crime in the states is finuck. So please WESTSIDE go to the pishado and flush that BS you selling.
I realize that is what this is all about for you. You're just another douche bag in a long line of douche bags who, rather than argue actual facts, tries to turn everything into an ethnic pissing match. You want so much to say that "white organized crime in the US is over." Which, even if that were true, doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the current position of non-white groups. Maybe you're trying to build a case for the Mexican Mafia taking over. Or Mexicans in general. Or some other group. Who knows? All I can see is that you know about a tenth of what you pretend to know about the Italian Mafia. I've had to correct you over and over. Yet, rather than acknowledge where you have been wrong, you simply recycle the same BS arguments again and again.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » January 7th, 2011, 1:18 am

I am not putting one organization above another -HOWEVER--Id have to say that Mexican DTOs and Prison based gangs like Texas Syndicate and Mexican Mafia are more then likely the most capable and able to reach over and touch someone. They also have limitless control of the streets and have remained discreet. They have also had very FEW informers. The idea of the organization was based on the Cosa Nostra. They took the prime example-acknowledged their power-secrecy and organization and built on that. Its well known-that they looked to the major leagues to create much of what they are today. Without NYCs LCN ---I doubt that Mexico would look like it does. It would have resembled more of a Colombia with different paramilitary cliques battling it out.

Would the EME and TS and Mexican DTOs be comparative to LCN if Italy was bordering the USA? Absouletely NOT. Is it a racial reason-once again NO> The reason LCN has been successful is because theyve made mafia as much Italian as Pizza-Espresso-Lasagna. Mexicans and essentially everyone else worldwide is playing catchup. Most others have failed miserable, in copying LCN. Mexico-might reproduce what LCN is because of the amount of long standing and historic prison based syndiccates whove taken the LCN handbook and tried to emulate, much of these organizations have structure and history going back 60 years not to mention taht theyve drawn recruits from Los Angelos' gang community who is 120 years old. But I dont know? Its all guesses.

I couldnt possibly be routing for a team when I openly acknowledge the supreme power of one. Every other group has been a poor and short lived example when compared to LCN. But it isnt even a fair comparative to line them up against LCN whose had the same structure and initiation ceremonys for 200+ years. I mean its like telling a kid in kindergarten that he must pass the same exam given to a college graduate. Its apples and oranges.

LCN has been hit hard in Italy and the USA and seems like a hydra cobra with no head. Dysfunctional and bent. In 1983---their had never been an open informer of the LCN in Italy! Almost 200 years of history with no one even saying their name. Imagine that. Ive read the first dude to openly give their structure was committed to an insane asylum. 1000+ informers have openly snitched since 1983. They went 200 years and then in less then 25 years later had a 1000.

WHY? Massive law enforcemnt pressure and long sentences. Here in the USA and their. The USA LCN would be abel to keep on trucking much as the Italian LCN has but their arent enough Italians to fill the void. I mean even New York is dying out. As an Example---Ill use White Fence gang in East LA---which started in the early 19th century--( 1909) or so. Theyve gone over a hundred years thick as thieves-WW1 WW2 the depression-hippies-vietnam-till today. Still they can be found on the same block in Boyle Heights they started on. WHY? Immigration. Period.

Italians in Chicago? never heard of them-I am sure theirs the occassional immigrant but Id wager most are 3rd generation Americans -wed to irish/german/greek/polish/russian grooms/brides. Basically AMERICANO'. Its over guy- its been over. When I read these new indictments-I shake my head at the sillyness of it.

Ralph Natale-does some time-ran around the Feds like a mafioso-got out and convinced some guys he was the real deal and talked his way into becoming the Godfather? Theirs even a doubt as to him being made. Come on. That is just ridicolous. But I bet youd swear their is still a philly family putting in work and growing.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 11th, 2011, 12:48 am

This joke of a board. Not sure what happened to my first response to the above post so I'll be brief in posting it again.

First, while the Mexican DTO's are certainly the foremost organized crime threat in the U.S. today, because they dominate so much of the drug trade throughout the country, I wouldn't equate groups like the Texas Syndicate and the Mexican Mafia to them. They are primarily prison gangs, while the Mexican DTO's are essentially extensions of the cartels in Mexico. Furthermore, it was really only La Eme that tried to pattern itself, to an extent, after the Mafia. The Mexican cartels are more similar to the Colombians in how they are organized and how they operate.

Second, while it probably does little good to keep repeating this now, the Chicago Outfit is not gone or even nearly so. Same for the New York families and a few others in the Northeast. And there is far more evidence that shows that than otherwise. Now in any number of other places, such as Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc., yes, the Mafia is gone or nearly so. And yes, it's because of general attrition, which comes in large part from the Italian-American community becoming assimilated into the American mainstream. Which is why most Mafia members are older in age. And fresh Italian immigrants from across the Atlantic don't figure into it as much as some might think. That's why many of the smaller families are now gone. They didn't have the manpower to replenish themselves. But it's also the reason why the New York families, and others in the Northeast, as well as Chicago, are still there; because they have a relatively bigger pool of recruits compared to a place like Kansas City or LA.

Third, Natale was a strange situation. He was associated with the Philadelphia family for years but never got around to being made, one reason being that he was in prison for a long time. It was certainly unique that Merlino would make Natale and than declare him to be the boss, even though Merlino was really the one calling the shots behind the scenes. And this was around the time when the family had been so decimated by internal fighting, rats, and prosecutions that, at one point, there were only about a dozen made members left active on the streets.

Fast forward to the present and the family has stabilized over the past decade under Ligambi. That doesn't mean they have regained the power they held decades ago. That doesn't mean they are growing. But they aren't gone either. Ongoing cases over the past decade show the family still has about 50 total members, although about half of them are either in prison or inactive. Plus many more associates. Their bread and butter is gambling - sports betting, video poker machines, numbers, card games.