Victims

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

rmt

Victims

Unread post by rmt » December 12th, 2003, 9:35 am

I work with victims of crime and often I hear from people who want to leave gangs, have been hurt by gangs or are being victimized within a gang. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can help these people better? Any books or websites that you think I could refer them to? How can I help people who ask me for assistance the best?
Thanks -

Added later:
Let me be a little more clear. I work for a national organization that takes calls from anywhere in the US to help victims of crime. I have very limited contact with the people calling me and need to give them quick info / help.
Thank you all so much for your help.
Last edited by rmt on December 12th, 2003, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Victims

Unread post by wcrockets » December 12th, 2003, 10:07 am

Well just for starters, because real solutions can be complicated sometimes.

1. For the victims and their families, I would recommend a good counseling center. I know which one's get results in my area but you'll have to put in some work to figure that out for your area.

2. For the gang members themselves, and their families, I would recommend a good outreach program like Victory Outreach.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Victims

Unread post by Tatta » December 12th, 2003, 10:33 am

you can holla at me about gang intervention rmt