A stranger first time in the gang hood.

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

A stranger first time in the gang hood.

Unread post by loser » April 1st, 2006, 8:36 am

Imagine such a silly situation. A stranger accidentally comes to a gang hood with his car, he's lost. (it's hard to imagine, I know :D) He get out of the car and ask some gang member to tell him the way outta there. What will the gang do? Steal the car? Beat the man? Tell the way? I'm just interested how gangs react to the strangers. Sorry for a silly question and poor English. BTW, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 1st, 2006, 10:21 am

The answer is as varied as the people in gangs.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 1st, 2006, 4:31 pm

yup... anyway, are you thinkin of doin that...

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » April 2nd, 2006, 2:30 am

Nah, I'm just interested in it. I can't understand gangs' philosohpy.

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » April 2nd, 2006, 3:30 am

*philosophy. Where's EDIT button?

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 2nd, 2006, 10:45 am

I have ended up in many "hoods" and I never have had any problems. I have found that people were friendly and helpful and courteous. Been to Watts, Lynwood, Huntington Park...E. Los Angeles, S. Los Angeles, Compton (just to name a few) even here in beautiful :roll: Long Beach and have only been shown love.

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » April 2nd, 2006, 10:53 am

Mhm I had no idea how the gangs behave when they see a stranger. Are the episodes in films like 'menace to society', 'baller blockin' etc. can happen also in real life? For example the car stops and the driver wants to fire his cigarette. He is a stranger with some kinda good car. Some robbers pull the man out of car and drive away? Or it's in films only? You see, people, I live far far away from this what are you talking about on this board, and I can't even imagine what's happening in those hoods. But it is interesting and I wanna learn about it - you never know where are you going in the future. Thanks.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 2nd, 2006, 11:02 am

loser wrote:Mhm I had no idea how the gangs behave when they see a stranger. Are the episodes in films like 'menace to society', 'baller blockin' etc. can happen also in real life? For example the car stops and the driver wants to fire his cigarette. He is a stranger with some kinda good car. Some robbers pull the man out of car and drive away? Or it's in films only? You see, people, I live far far away from this what are you talking about on this board, and I can't even imagine what's happening in those hoods. But it is interesting and I wanna learn about it - you never know where are you going in the future. Thanks.

Well...I can only speak from my personal experience and I personally have never had any problems from gang members or anyone else for that matter. Hell....I have even lived in Tijuana and never had any problems. That is not to say that everyone would have the same experience(s) I have had.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » April 2nd, 2006, 4:47 pm

I been to many different hoods and the situation is that everything is fine. I have turned up a few hoods and niggas know me by face, but excluding all that - if you aint lookin like a mark and you walk your ground - everythin is real cool. If you look suspect - like I said its a whole different thang loc.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 2nd, 2006, 6:21 pm

It depends on a lot of different circumstances. In a lot of American cities there are different sections of cities where certain groups of people live.

For example, on one side of the tracks the neighborhoods will be all white and on the other they will be all black. And if you don't belong to that group of people in that neighborhood you will look very suspicious.

Say you are white and you are driving through an all black neighborhood, you will be looked at by a lot of people because it is very obvious that you are not from there.

Sometimes someone may call you a "Cracker" or a "Honkey". Sometimes nobody even cares.

As long as you don't act like you are terrified and stare at everyone on the street you are fine. Just act like you would if you were driving down your own street.

A lot of times you should be fine. However sometimes shit happens and you might get car jacked......

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » April 4th, 2006, 3:54 am

All depends

theres different types of gangsters

ones that are always on the come up trying to make money

ones thats always trying to start shit and wanna gang bang on everyone

and ones that wont bother u unless u bother them

and christie i think the reason why u have been showed love in all those hoods is because you're female

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2006, 8:20 am

make sure you drive around with a fucked up car nobody wants... haha

Bsiderida
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bsiderida » April 4th, 2006, 9:07 am

^^^that won't help, I've seen some ond dragged out of a Chevette before!! But actually the only thing that would help is treat people with respect homie, when we're out on the block we already know our enemies faces so as long as someone talks to us like they have some f*cking sense we will act civilized, it don't matter whether their color....and dont act like a mark, that helps alot too,lol

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2006, 10:44 am

...i was bein sarcastic... respect is the biggest key.

Bsiderida
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bsiderida » April 4th, 2006, 10:51 am

Kelemi253 wrote:...i was bein sarcastic... respect is the biggest key.
that fact wasnt lost on me, not at all I appreciate good sarcasm, but you know as well as I do someone on here was thinking otherwise :D

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » April 5th, 2006, 6:38 am

If I go down the street and I don't act suspiciously, I won't get robbed, perhaps. Otherwise, in all over the world there are some groups of people, who wanna "play" with strangers, of course, not in a very interesting way of playing :D

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 5th, 2006, 8:06 am

...act like you belong.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » April 7th, 2006, 3:50 pm

i remember if someone made a post like this a long time ago everyone would clown on their ass

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 7th, 2006, 7:40 pm

It really depends on who the "gang member" was

and more than anything - the situation

How many people here ever felt like killing someone? Everyone, but then how many people actually did (don't answer that lol)

So if he needed the money/car or was just pissed off already, well, you saw LA riots

If he's in a good mood, probably say:

The directions

"I don't know'

"No speak English"

one of those

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » April 8th, 2006, 3:27 am

It all depends on the hood and the season they goin through if itz funk season you might not get by witoutta Hood pazz or payin tax they dont let just anybody walk the block thas how the dont know'z(undercoverz) get they arrest and rat packs some of them be in street clothes trynna setup dealz and quote dope pricez.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 10th, 2006, 12:08 pm

then theres the whole, be careful wich hood your ridin through, cuz, your white or black. Its like me, tryin to ride through South Central? Id be scared as fuck. Or somebody correct me if im wrong, would a whiteboy be shot on sight in south central? haha

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 10th, 2006, 12:45 pm

.... no.

If anything does go down, he's just get robbed/jumped

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2006, 1:02 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:.... no.

If anything does go down, he's just get robbed/jumped
The white guy could be a cop so nobody will mess with him. Either that or people have more to fear from Black on Black crime so they don't regard a lost white guy as a threat. So he might get called a cracker but that could be it....

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 10th, 2006, 10:22 pm

I was just in Boyle Heights/ E.L.A the other night...ok, so I was with a couple SUR'S...but it was cool, everybody was nice, friendly.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 11th, 2006, 11:29 am

Christina Marie wrote:I was just in Boyle Heights/ E.L.A the other night...ok, so I was with a couple SUR'S...but it was cool, everybody was nice, friendly.
Boyle Heights is okay once you get settled in

But honestly it's more dangerous now to be black in Boyle Heights than white... they're starting to get on more racial stuff, Opal Street Lokos

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 11th, 2006, 12:03 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:I was just in Boyle Heights/ E.L.A the other night...ok, so I was with a couple SUR'S...but it was cool, everybody was nice, friendly.

But honestly it's more dangerous now to be black in Boyle Heights than white... they're starting to get on more racial stuff, Opal Street Lokos
I saw a documentary about Boyle Heights on TV a few months ago.

Some gang called Vicky's Town?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 21st, 2006, 10:45 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:

I was the only white at the BBQ...lol. Stood out like a sore thumb, but thats ok...I like the attention....haha.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 22nd, 2006, 5:43 pm

SURs really can't be grouped together

Honestly some are just crazy, some are real racial, but there's a few groups that if you catch them in a good mood everyone's really freindly

Of course since I'm Asian most of them get on me "pinch chino" talk

But in places where it's not as racial or at least they don't ever run into Asians then some have been known to be cool, and actually more friendly than most "regular people" you run into in America.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 23rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:SURs really can't be grouped together

Honestly some are just crazy, some are real racial, but there's a few groups that if you catch them in a good mood everyone's really freindly

Of course since I'm Asian most of them get on me "pinch chino" talk

But in places where it's not as racial or at least they don't ever run into Asians then some have been known to be cool, and actually more friendly than most "regular people" you run into in America.
I thought you were black?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 23rd, 2006, 7:34 pm

What gave you that impression?

Really I want to know considering how many times I've said I'm Asian

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 23rd, 2006, 9:07 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:What gave you that impression?

Really I want to know considering how many times I've said I'm Asian
:D

I don't read a lot of the threads anymore which means that I missed those times....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 24th, 2006, 4:49 am

no sweat

It's just weird how peopel get all kinds of different opinions of me.