If U Walk Away From A Fight Do U Consider Y'self A Punk

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 15th, 2007, 1:13 pm

a punk is a pussy, a wimp, a bitc* made nigga

Eli

Unread post by Eli » February 8th, 2007, 7:03 pm

hey, if someone's bigger than me, i say call it a draw and scram. I'm not going to stick around and have my a$$ kicked. besides, if i don't run - i just walk or something - I'm technically not running away, so I'm not a coward. But - if its an equal advantage in height, and the person cant sit on me and kill me, i say stick around. If I run from a fight because I'm scared, i got one word for myself.
WIMP.

Sometimes, we get a little hotheaded and say things we cant back up, and since we did that, and backed ourselves into a corner, the only way out is to fight...and pray we dont die.

Other times, its all a misunderstanding!!
"your boyfriend's hot"
"KILL!"
"He's really sweaty, you should get him some water." Oh, would ya look at that?

Garf
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Garf » February 8th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Well, looking back on it, I'd definitley walk away. Getting beat up, and hit with weapons- in the head- doesn't feel very good. Wow many things in my life coulda triggered my crazyness.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 8th, 2007, 9:50 pm

hey, if someone's bigger than me, i say call it a draw and scram. I'm not going to stick around and have my a$$ kicked.
just cause their bigger n heavier dont mean u cant whoop that ass...u never kno, there r alot of mean looking, big tough guys, but deep down inside, alot of them r ass-cheekz....

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » February 9th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Im not small myself im 6,2 but some of the most violent men ive seen have been smaller guys(little man syndrome).They would deliberately pick bigger guys to fight and would use anything they can get there hands on, ie ashtrays, glass.Violent little pricks.Got no time personally for idiots who go looking for trouble.As the saying goes though a good bigen will beat a good little en.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » February 9th, 2007, 8:17 pm

londonpride wrote:Im not small myself im 6,2 but some of the most violent men ive seen have been smaller guys(little man syndrome).They would deliberately pick bigger guys to fight and would use anything they can get there hands on, ie ashtrays, glass.Violent little pricks.Got no time personally for idiots who go looking for trouble.As the saying goes though a good bigen will beat a good little en.
Completely agreed. I once knew a very small guy, that would always pick fights with bodybuilders twice the size of him....

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 12th, 2007, 11:45 pm

It depends on if I have something important to do, if it's a group/gang I'm swinging first, if they bigger than me meaning more than 6"3" 220 I'm swinging first. It's not a good thing to back down from people you have to see on the regular, they'll keep pushing you until you go beserk on they ass, then they'll leave you along and have respect/fear for you. I'm not superthug, or supergangster, but I know for a fact that you can't walk away forever from some people, cause they'll take your kindness for weakness.

black guerilla

Unread post by black guerilla » May 1st, 2007, 8:50 pm

ayo if foos is talkin funy bout you an you walk away then you can look at it like you the bigga man and shit and that shit iz harder 4real cuz then you throwin away ya rep and shit like sayin you dont giv a fuck bout nuthin and shit but man if you from the street you no if you sho that you weak cats is gon se you as a target so you stil gota put in sum work

black guerilla

Unread post by black guerilla » May 1st, 2007, 8:53 pm

but with me if you pop off at the lips 2 me im gon pop back but if you hit me or bus me you outa bounds and wen you outa bounds with me il lay they ass out in the street

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » May 1st, 2007, 11:01 pm

At this stage in my life, it depends on the situation. Most of the time, dudes won't fight one on one. If they don't have the advantage, a weapon or 10 of their homies, they don't really want none.

I'll fight any muthafucka,
One on One, for a good reason.

If a dude want to get live but won't fight fair, then he's automatically a punk of some kind. I got no respect for those types and they usually don't last long anyway. So he just got lucky, in my book. Say what you want but the truth is, he didn't want to see another cat, hand to hand.

Sometimes, it just aint worth smashing somebody in the mouth and getting all kinds of time for it. That's senseless right there but again if I have no choice, I will do what I have to.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 3rd, 2007, 8:22 am

Where I grew up in the North of England, boys came up having to fight with thier fists, heads and feet and it was very hard to avoid. It was a hardman culture in the old school, though pub/bar fights would explode in a shower of broken glass. Spilling another lads pint of beer was enough..'you spilled my pint you cunt, outside now'...As a kid, it didn't matter about size, you had to fight. If you fought with a disadvantage like being smaller than your opponent and lost, 'fair enough' was the sentiment and as a kid, didn't loose respect because of showing heart. So the issue wasn't about being the best fighter necessarily, but not stepping down, always stepping up. The idea back then in that Northern British culture was to be a hardman not a killer, so winning was the aim, not maiming/killing. Thats not to say boys didn't get killed occasionally, they did, but not shot up. There were no guns in the hands of slum kids, sometimes bats/knives to slash in those times but mostly fists. A good punch and a good headbut was always respected!

As a grown up, I'd only fight to look after family and loved ones.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » May 3rd, 2007, 5:37 pm

^ Thats whats up

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 4th, 2007, 1:09 am

Noog wrote:'you spilled my pint you cunt, outside now'
lol, i feel that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 4th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Noog wrote:Where I grew up in the North of England, boys came up having to fight with thier fists, heads and feet and it was very hard to avoid. It was a hardman culture in the old school, though pub/bar fights would explode in a shower of broken glass. Spilling another lads pint of beer was enough..'you spilled my pint you cunt, outside now'...As a kid, it didn't matter about size, you had to fight. If you fought with a disadvantage like being smaller than your opponent and lost, 'fair enough' was the sentiment and as a kid, didn't loose respect because of showing heart. So the issue wasn't about being the best fighter necessarily, but not stepping down, always stepping up. The idea back then in that Northern British culture was to be a hardman not a killer, so winning was the aim, not maiming/killing. Thats not to say boys didn't get killed occasionally, they did, but not shot up. There were no guns in the hands of slum kids, sometimes bats/knives to slash in those times but mostly fists. A good punch and a good headbut was always respected!

that's sound like how Korea used to be

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 4th, 2007, 11:06 pm

Noog wrote:Where I grew up in the North of England, boys came up having to fight with thier fists, heads and feet and it was very hard to avoid. It was a hardman culture in the old school, though pub/bar fights would explode in a shower of broken glass. Spilling another lads pint of beer was enough..'you spilled my pint you cunt, outside now'...As a kid, it didn't matter about size, you had to fight. If you fought with a disadvantage like being smaller than your opponent and lost, 'fair enough' was the sentiment and as a kid, didn't loose respect because of showing heart. So the issue wasn't about being the best fighter necessarily, but not stepping down, always stepping up. The idea back then in that Northern British culture was to be a hardman not a killer, so winning was the aim, not maiming/killing. Thats not to say boys didn't get killed occasionally, they did, but not shot up. There were no guns in the hands of slum kids, sometimes bats/knives to slash in those times but mostly fists. A good punch and a good headbut was always respected!

that's sound like how Korea used to be

I'm trying to be all against violence but I can at least understand that, unlike this shoot em up world

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » May 5th, 2007, 12:38 pm

it depends on the situation with me...if someone got a gun to my head, ill back of. reason: i like to keep my head.
but in my community many people die due to pride! they would refuse to step aside even if the guy with an ak is threatening to shoot! in some cae they even dare him to do it? me, i like pride but i also like to combine it with a little commen sense. i say live to fight another day.

outback jack

Unread post by outback jack » May 16th, 2007, 11:34 am

Christina Marie wrote:I was taught never to throw the first punch. I will try to calmly and rationally talk to the person so we both walk away. And no, I will not feel like a punk. I will feel I did well to avoid any violence. But if a person hits me first I will do whatever is needed to defend myself, its on.

I sort of agree with what you're saying. If some guy or guys started calling me names like poof, homo etc. in an effort to try to get me to fight them, i wouldn't even think of fighting them because in my mind i have won that situation by controlling my temper and walking away. If that makes me a punk in other people's eyes hear then so be it as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but really people who often resort to putting others down do so because they have little to no self esteem or confidence about themselves. So the only way that these people can feel good about themselves is to try and put other people down. It can be about the person's weight, looks or anything. Or sometimes you'll see a group of guys and one of them will be mouthing off at you in an attempt to get you to fight him because he's trying to impress his friends.

But if someone took a swing at me then i would defend myself as best as i could or if someone i loved was being threatened i wouldn't hesitate to fight.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 17th, 2007, 9:57 am

Well...though I appreciate the nobility of letting the other throw the first punch...its not like that out there. I dont go round brawling, period, but on road things do happen. So if a mans steps up wanting to do something, boom, hard and straight first has got to be the way to sort it. Boom, hit first hard, its real, a better defence.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 17th, 2007, 10:43 am

George wrote:No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply because the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.

Now if the time COMES for my boxing/W.C skills and whatnot to come out than so be it.
If I have no choice but to fight for my own safety, my daughter's safety, or ANY loved one's safety, than war is a must!
And let me tell you jabs, straight rights, hooks, etc etc will not be all that defines me. If it is a situation where things seem like "fairness" will not be considered, well lets just say I am down with fighting dirty if need be.

However,
if it is over some petty shit like a bunch of "wannabe thugs" acting tough on a bus, or some macho jerk trying to show off to his girlfriend; I just let it go and walk away carefully and quickly.
I would rather see my daughter grow up with me as her guidance and best friend than to see her and her mom visit me with some dude behind a prison glass. lol.
Great post, I couldn't have said it better. I'm so protective of my daughter but damned if I'm going to go to jail because someone else wanted to act like an ass. I understand what aquafresh was saying "as long as it's justifiable" but the court system doesn't always see things the same way and I'm not willing to put my life in the hands of a judge or jury system in the hopes that they feel the same way I do in certain situations. Now, with all that being said, I do know most of the cops in my city and I do know a hand full of lawyers so hopefully I can avoid that. :P

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » May 19th, 2007, 12:38 am

Always get in first, always.If you know there is defo gonna be physical violence and this person is gonna have a go at you, get in hard and fast and 9 times outta 10 youll win the fight.Just my personal view.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 19th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Thats the way it is Londonpride, get in first. Its not a badman ting, its that thats the way to stay lasy man standing, practical. Who likes going to bed after a rowdy night with a bust up face! first is just practical and lets man sleep with no bust up.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 22nd, 2007, 11:44 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:I'm not going to go to jail because someone else wanted to act like an ass. I understand what aquafresh was saying "as long as it's justifiable" but the court system doesn't always see things the same way and I'm not willing to put my life in the hands of a judge or jury system in the hopes that they feel the same way I do in certain situations.
Agreed...and well said.