GANGSTAS AND MIDDLE CLASS BLACKS

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

GANGSTAS AND MIDDLE CLASS BLACKS

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 22nd, 2003, 3:58 am

The best intervention must come from so-called Middle Class and Upper Class blacks. For me, all blacks must be part of the hood team. Even Colin Powell and Condolezza Rice are real niggaz too. Those two must give props to the hood team.

It's up to these uppity niggaz to empower thug life. It's up to these house negros to maintain the strength of street knowledge. Colin Powell spends his spare time re-tooling Volvos in his suburban home. That's the behavior of a colonized slave. He should be out there hangin' with the real niggaz. The white man will never accept the nigga...not even one as benign as Colin Powell. So it's up to the nigga to always keep it real.

Upper Class Niggaz need to stop admiring the Kennedys, Princess Di and all this gliterati bs that white culture creates.

Why can't Condolezza "shout out to thugs" and throw up gang signs? I believe that thug life needs to be legitimized in and of itself...without reference to mainstream values. Blacks should not be judged by white standards.

A thug is a thug is a thug is a muthfuckin' thug. Keep that shit real and put the pipe down fakaz, punk ass bustaz.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: GANGSTAS AND MIDDLE CLASS BLACKS

Unread post by wcrockets » July 23rd, 2003, 1:45 pm

So you are disappointed that Colin Powell doesn't want to ride on sets of urban black youth. ROFL!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 23rd, 2003, 2:14 pm

Life is about growth (are you growing as a person?). Death is about moving on (are you prepared for the afterlife?).

Black people ARE a part of American society!

It's street gangs (ie street gang members) that aren't accepted by the mainstream of American society, although some mainstream young people do idolize the gang member's life.

It is true that not every black person wants his people destroying themselves and others with alcohol, drugs, promiscuous sex, and murder. Who are you, or anyone else, to judge them for making that choice. You've made your choice and will live with the consequences (good or bad) and they theirs.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 24th, 2003, 10:10 am

"Black people ARE a part of American society!"

I've gotta dizagree witcha here my nigga. Every black person is a member of a "gang set" and every black person has a "gang identity". Niggaz waz brought from Africa--the Motherhood--in slave ships. And logically a "slave" is not making a choice about where he goes. A "slave" is under the control of his/her massa'. So how can black slaves become a part of the American plantation? It's not possible.

Colin and Condi and Jesse and Oprah MUST fulfill their ambition as ryders--nigga. What set they from?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 24th, 2003, 2:21 pm

I disagree. You are projecting your own narrow view on all Black citizens in the United States.

Most Black citizens in the United States understand they are citizens and NOT slaves even if they feel there is still a lot of work to do. Most Black citizens in the United States do not belong to a particular gang set.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 24th, 2003, 2:44 pm

Most Blacks "think" they are not a part of a gang set. But gang sets are not tied into the mainstream white system (the system that keeps blacks down and out). Thug sets are the biggest asset that black Americans have. It's true and untouched by the oppressive culture.

Look, the US broke up the original African tribes...the first slaves were members of tribes. But the slave master broke up the tribes and mixed the slaves up.

Ryders have basically re-formed those tribes. Bloods and Crips are nothing but African tribes operating in America. Bloods and Crips are like Zulus, Mandingos, Bantus, Hutus and Tutsi tribes back in Africa. I see thug life as an attempt by blacks to reconnect with the Motherhood. And the Motherhood is Africa...my brotha'

"It's like that--what--and that's the way it is"
--Run DmC

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 11:18 pm

lol i have to agree with the point that gangs are like african tribe ,but strongly disagree with that slave stuff,and i don't thing all black people are gang afiliated ist that kind of discrimination that blackpeople that want to do positive things have to face , and they don't need to ,its just that kind of stuff that keep us down .

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » July 24th, 2003, 11:38 pm

I agree with you cas what is this nigga talkin about all black people are gang affiliated nigga please soulsedge when they brought us over on them slave ships we wasnt talkin about nigga Fu#% you yous a slob ima loc we was united in brotherhood. As much as I got love for my hood an homies I be tellin them all them gangbangin is foolishness and its keepin our people down.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 25th, 2003, 2:32 am

C. Cum...but if gangbangin' is from our African tribe days, we can't try to squash it. Maybe we can change it to make it more constructive. But--as Africans--the tribe/set thing is in our culture.

As for those middle class blacks that look down on gangs, it is THEY who are the problem. A black who puts on a business suit, changes his speech to fit white society is the problem.

Inglewood ain't the problem, Baldwin Hills is the problem.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 25th, 2003, 8:08 am

i'm telling you what is the problem my cousin ...a nigger that give props to bush and his white house like you did is a problem ,specialy when this same nigger is tellin' us that all black people are gangbangers and that we should not wear suits and get educated,and that niggers out of the project are a problem ,so i'm telling you nigger YOU are MY problem ,telling us we should keep killing each others and bow down to israel who according to you is the strongest hood on earth, that we should worship bush king of the world well ,do you realise all the rubish you,v posted on this board ? is there anybody here that just tell this buster to shot the fuuc up

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 9:51 am

This is one of those situations where you want to filter the real truth out of the crapola that needs to go down the drain.

I don't think I have to check with Mr. Alonso for the final word on whether Black gangs were formed around particular tribes in Africa. They are formed for entirely reasons than that.

The brother has some truths but they are mixed in with a lot of crapola (no that's not a new cereal.. lol).

Additionally, he keeps projecting his desire that all Black people must form into gang sets (based on African tribes) in order to be real and lead moral lives.

This is no put down or anything like that but I think it goes without saying that hardcore gang sets don't lead moral lives.

Now if you want to form into some of those community oriented gangs of the 60's and start changing your hood, yea I can see that. But expect resistance from the Government/law enforcement. They get all nervous when they see that sort of organization in the hood and they don't control it.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 25th, 2003, 11:45 am

Tribes? Man, your trying to validate criminal acts in present day 2003 with ancient lore of African tribes? It's cool your trying to understand your roots homie, seeking of self-knowledge is a good thing. I just think you got some facts twisted. Research African history from the various view points as told by Africans, British, French, and other peoples that have set up shop in Africa. You'll find that the African tribes you spoke of, some of them captured and sold slaves...that's other black people. They didn't go to Europe and enslave white people to sell. Trying to rationalize modern day criminalism with selected historical facts doesn't work. Nobody will buy that shiznet for a dollar. Gangbanging is black on black crime, genocide. If you want to better your neighborhood, you have to better yourself, since your part of the neighborhood. This means you educate yourself and carry yourself in a righteous manner agreeable to yourself and your GOD.

How is a Black man wearing a suit and tie the enemy? Does dress dictate a man's moral makeup? No, I know a lot of good hearted "thug" looking cats out there doing positive things. You have a problem with white society, so be it. Your rollin' with the early separatist views of the Nation. Man, we live in the U.S., City of Angels out here in Killa Cali! Most of us who have been born here, 1st/2nd/3rd generation native Los Angelenos OVERSTAND where and what we live in.

Keep your mind open. Maybe living in Israel has something to do with it.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 1:25 pm

Soulsedge is a trip. He'll start calling you house if you're not careful there BDL.

I can see his hit up, "What tribe you from?" Lol. Sounds kind of cool though on second thought. But still........

I think living in Israel is messing with his mind or something. And remember when he said his friends were saying racist things to him and whatnot. Sounds like an unhealthy environment for the mind if you ask me.

Soulsedge: find a happy place bro.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

I Offer My Humble Apology

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 26th, 2003, 8:27 pm

I offer a sincere apology to anyone who may have been offended by my comments here.

After taking the weekend the think, I know that--deep down--I love and care for people of all races. As a kid, I was taught to love whites, blacks, Asians, Mexicans, etc...so I MUST give respect to all people.

I plan to definitely get counseling on this issue because I do NOT want to become a racist-type person. Many white people--teachers, friends, rabbis--have helped me over the years. So I want to be fair and respectful of them in return.

Again, I apologize for any sort of racist thinking. When I was about 10 years old I was walking down Myrtle Street with my uncle. Suddenly, a police care pulled up and two white cops grabbed my uncle. They slammed his face on the hood of the car and handcuffed him. As they put him in the car, my uncle looked at me and said, "this is how they feel about us."

So it just looks like I need to take time to heal those wounds. I'll spend time reading other people's posts and will chill out.

thesoul'sedge

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 28th, 2003, 8:47 am

Takes a real man to say something like that soulsedge. Yes you are tough and nobody's going to push you around, but your potential is much much more than that. Don't ever let society, people, experiences, etc.. turn you into a caricature of what you could have been. Keep growing and reaching toward your potential.

You have my respect. Absolutely get some righteous conseling. I've been there before and it helped me a lot. Self-discovery/discovery is like peeling layers off an onion and we usually don't initiate it when things are good. For some reason most people have to be hurting or desperate before they seek counseling.

I was not being a smartas_s either when I said find a happy place. I mean really find places that are healthy. That must be hard though in Israel. I was just thinking how hard it must be for you to live in Israel with all the hate, racism, crapola that goes on there. So it is probably hard to find healthy environments up in there.

I hear your story. That's got to have an effect for sure. We all have stories here though bro. Like when I was younger my friend wanted to join the Air Force so bad he shaved his head in high school and walked around talking how he was going to join when he graduated. Well, one day while walking down the street in Lakewood, an older Black man walked out of bar asked him for a dollar and punched him so hard he knocked two of his teeth out. So how do you think he felt about that? Well, he didn't become a racist and he did join the Air Force but he carried bad feelings about that for a long time.

The point is not to let other people have control over you by being able to "own" your emotions and behavior. If someone can taunt or bully you into doing something you want or make you feel a certain way that you don't want to feel for years, then they have "owned" that part of you. Don't let them have that kind of power over you. Get help dealing with that. It's worth it. Take back what is rightfully yours and was meant to be something good not bad. You can't go back but you can go forward. We all have to not make excuses about our emotions and experiences and accept the reality of them and then begin to deal with them in a healthy way to get to a healthy place. And that's not something that happens overnight or can be done on a message board. That takes real life work! Put in work. But put it in to make you better. Nuff said. I'm out.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 28th, 2003, 9:31 am

Thanks for the "wise words". So I have an action plan: (1) counseling (2) get out of Israel.

I'm just tired of this war going on over here, the Jew against Arab hatred. I left the hood in LBC to come to a violent hood over here. And people here have called me "schwartza" (blackie), "nigger", "kof" (monkey in Hebrew" and "mekhoar" (ugly in Hebrew). So I think these factors triggered some old rage inside of me. I'm not a ryder. I'm not hard. I'm not tough. But anger gives a man a lot of power...even if the power is an illusion.

I started thinking over and over again: I need to help the Bloods and Crips and the "real niggaz". I need to promote the madness in the hood. I started seeing violent gang members are "soldiers" of honor. I started thinking "let niggaz riot", "let niggaz burn", "let niggaz ryde on fools", "let niggaz get they blast on".

I started staying to myself and staying quiet...apart from others. I started feeling that going to law school was a mistake. I started to feel that my "true destiny" is intertwined with the Glock.

People can call me a buster if they want to. But my anger could push me to really go out and join Insane Crip Gang. And if I do that--I swear to everybody realing this--I would bring the entire state of California to its knees.

But--of course--I'm going the route of peace, justice and happiness.

Thanx for being there to everybody.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 28th, 2003, 11:38 am

You're right. I feel you. That war is not going away either! I can't tell you if it's better to seek places of peace and endure through getting the degree finished before coming back to the states or not. Sounds like an opportunity you're taking advantage of there but it has a price like most opportunities do.

But I can tell you that I think a respectable Black man would be a good choice of counselor for you in my opinion. Also, counseling is only as good as the counselor and the trust relationship that comes out of it and that's with a willing counselee.

All that racist talk you're being exposed to is evil bro. Even if it's being done as humor it has a subtle way of taking you down. And that's just not funny. Don't engage back in it trying to even the scales either. You can't balance the scales that way bro. However it's being delivered, with humor or without humor, racist talk serves only one real purpose: to objectify the recipient. I think you can tell the level of racism a person has inside by observing to what extent they consciously or subconsciously try to turn a person of another race into an object with their words and behavior.

But people are not objects and they were never created to be objects either. We live in a fallen world where you have to continually watch your back but you can live in that yet not become a part of it.

I understand your rage and training, however, as for bringing the entire state of California to it's knees, I'm not taking that too seriously. I was born here and lived most of my life here and that's been tried many times by many different people and groups of people. From serial murders to riots to well you name it. This state just keeps right on rolling. There are so many people here it's unbelievable and nobody gets away with it forever here. More than one gang around these parts has tried to "take over the world" and quickly discovered they can't. It's just a fact. So don't go Lee Boyd Malvo on us bro. I think if Lee had pulled that stunt out here he would most likely have been killed or captured by citizens not the police just like the Nightstalker was.

No, there's no future down that road. Stick to the plan :) and seek the help you need. Don't let false pride (pride is good but false pride keeps down) from getting to where you need to go. Peace.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » August 3rd, 2003, 9:16 am

the only real way to stop these gang problems is with love...all the rest is bullshyte man...as long as people pump hate into their blood stream...it's just going to make the violence and the problems grow.

even "heroes" like Pac focused on death in their lyrics...what happened to life, love and just enjoying G-d's earth? It's time to change reality by changing our hearts.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » August 5th, 2003, 6:57 pm

So that means millions of gangbangers should get together and hold hands across America? I can't believe you said all black people are gangbangers...it's people like you that keep the US divided between white and black. It's stuff like that like Casper mentioned that keeps black people in the same place--poverty and no where to go. Now what's good about that?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 7th, 2003, 9:28 am

He's right about a change of heart opens doors Rossonero. But you're right, in my opinion, when you talk about poverty and a lack of opportunity making for deep brothers to begin with.

luna72

Unread post by luna72 » August 11th, 2003, 1:08 pm

quote]This is no put down or anything like that but I think it goes without saying that hardcore gang sets don't lead moral lives.[/quote]

I am a white woman living on the East Coast and I was reviewing what some of you have written. I find your forum to be very interesting with interesting views. However, I must agree with the above quote. From what I know, gang life in this current age is NOT a moral life. Maybe someones morals are different from mine, but killing others ( even if in revenge ) is wrong. Who are these people that think they have the right to take anothers life? The longer one stays in a gang the better the chance that they will end up serving time or worse. I have questions about gang-life and living in LA, but I am not sure if anyone who uses this site would bother responding to me. Whatta ya think? Thanks for reading.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » August 11th, 2003, 1:54 pm

It's not moral. It's more so surviving I think. Casper is the only one on the board that I definitely know who is from a gang so he'd have better insight on this...I do think that individuals do have a choice - it is not essential to join a gang to live because as many people know, old gang members are hard to find.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 11th, 2003, 2:29 pm

luna72,
The lifestyle isn't moral or a religion, and it doesn't try to validate it's existence. Nobody said it's a noble thing to do, but when it comes to a matter of survival, people will do what they must. Gangbanging exists regardless and gangsterism in the LOS continues to this day unto the future. It exists because of several different factors. No responsible parenting, no economic opportunities, no guidance, and no self-esteem can help push a kid into the lifestyle. From it's origins as juvenile delinquincy, it is a lifestyle that people CHOOSE to be in and partake of. But the funny thing is that the number of gangmembers ratio to civilians is very small. Some people live in L.A. totally oblivious to gang activity, going about their lives while people die senselessly over turf in other parts of the city.

luna72

Unread post by luna72 » August 11th, 2003, 3:30 pm

Thank you for writing back to me. I was wondering if anyone would like to tell me how they like living in L.A.? I am from the New England area and have never been to L.A. I know some people that lived in the North Curson Ave area but have since moved. Does anyone know about the area? Is it expensive? is there gang activity in that part? Is it true that South Central has the most gang-activity and "drive-by" shootings? I hope someone can enlighten me as to the lifestyle in these areas with complete honesty. Thank you again.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 11th, 2003, 4:27 pm

luna72,
If your talking about Curson Ave north of Pico Blvd...don't worry, that's a nice 500k to 600k residential area. You wouldn't even know there were gangs down the street. And it seems that you wouldn't need to worry about that kind of thing if you decide to live in that Miracle Mile area of L.A. The only problems you'll have is probably picking up your dogs feces when you walk it around the neighborhood.

luna72

Unread post by luna72 » August 11th, 2003, 4:51 pm

Actually, I believe my friends said it was North Curson Avenue and I am not sure where that is in relation to Pico Blvd. I don't have that kind of money for a place to l live! Geez. Just an apartment or something in a safe area. Any clues? Is that near Hollywood Blvd and Sunset? How is that area? is it really fake and a total scene and expensive to go out? Safe?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2003, 9:31 pm

i don't think being a gangmember means that you are a threat to your comunity and i don't like the way people look at gangmembers ... the broblem is that in a gang you have all sort of people ,you have killers thats true but they are a minority ,most of others are just kids from the hood ...and gangmembers have moral code and if you were in a hood like mine many people are happy to see us they feel safer ,cause as soon as we know you are part of our comunity and believe me we know a lot of friendly civilians ,then we will protect you if something happens to you inside of our hood ,most of us don't do dirt in our own block ,ok we sell weed or rocks but the store on the corner is selling alcoohool wich is a drug and people are addicted to that shiiit ,if the state could tax it the crack would be legal so thats another story ... the bottom line is if you part of the community you don't have to worry about gangs cause we protect and serve our hood lololol not like those crooked ass bustaz in green now its the sheriff lol

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2003, 9:32 pm

i don't think being a gangmember means that you are a threat to your comunity and i don't like the way people look at gangmembers ... the broblem is that in a gang you have all sort of people ,you have killers thats true but they are a minority ,most of others are just kids from the hood ...and gangmembers have moral code and if you were in a hood like mine many people are happy to see us they feel safer ,cause as soon as we know you are part of our comunity and believe me we know a lot of friendly civilians ,then we will protect you if something happens to you inside of our hood ,most of us don't do dirt in our own block ,ok we sell weed or rocks but the store on the corner is selling alcoohool wich is a drug and people are addicted to that shiiit ,if the state could tax it the crack would be legal so thats another story ... the bottom line is if you part of the community you don't have to worry about gangs cause we protect and serve our hood lololol not like those crooked ass bustaz in green now its the sheriff lol

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » August 11th, 2003, 10:27 pm

IM STILL TRIPPIN ON HOMEBOY CLAIMIN "Even Colin Powell and Condolezza Rice are real niggaz too. " GOES TO SHOW SOME STILL BELIEVE the HYPE.....

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mickgreen58 » August 22nd, 2003, 10:03 am

BGCasper, what forum can I look at where "thesoulsedge" gave props to Clinton. Im a 25 black guy from Texas. I HATE Bush. I don't like Clinton too much, or any politician, but Bush, I can't stand him and his Big Oil Buddies dawg. I agree, How the hell someone gonna give props to Bushy and then turn around and say that all blacks need to be in a gang. LOL.

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mickgreen58 » August 22nd, 2003, 10:04 am

Sorry, got so excited, I meant where he gave props to Bush. I know we black folks need to be diverse and stuff. But how can any black person relate to George W.

moonstomp
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by moonstomp » August 22nd, 2003, 2:02 pm

First off, to Luna72, I'm surprised nobody else has said this. bgcasper hinted at it, but that's it. I'm not in a gang, nor do I have friends in a crip/blood/people/folk type set, but I know people in smaller crews. The fact is that a lot of gangmembers (whether small crews or sets of a Nation) have come to accept the fact that whether because of their conditions or their own actions, their life may not be perfect. They may not have money, a job, a good home or family. What they do, however, have, is the people around them and a life to get on with. While not entirely moral, there are some areas where gang members tend to be a bit MORE moral than your average person. Loyalty, friendship, trustworthiness for starters. Independence and strength (mental strength, that is) for more. While they may not follow every moral law, and they may not actually be as screwed as they think they are if they'd focus on changing their situation, they tend to be good people to know and befriend, and in many aspects better people than your average high school jock their same age. At first, casper's talk of protecting their hoods made me laugh. Thinking about it, it didn't. I have friends in a small crew here. The cops for years have let them drink and fight on the streets of a certain Chicago neighborhood. Why? Because they keep drug dealing/prostitution levels low, the Latin Kings and other gangs that the cops consider a "greater threat" have been less active in the area since they've been there, and the drunken frat boys and yuppies coming out of the bars watch out. Panhandling and theft levels are also down because of them. Gangs (large or small) are very territorial. And when outsiders come onto their turf trying to start trouble, they're the first to make sure everything's going smothly.

As for the Bush/souledge/all blacks are niggaz thing. I think some black people should quit looking at the stereotypical southern, Texas, Republican oil tycoon and start looking at other things about Bush himself. However, I don't understand how someone who seems to think that White America is a big conspiracy to oppress the black race could ever support a Republican, Bush or otherwise. Also, I think it's ridiculous that souledge has repeatedly (in this thread and others) made comments suggesting that whites strive to keep black people down, and yet also seems to think all blacks should gangbang. If that is the white stereotype of blacks that we try to make black people fulfill, and are therefor keeping them down, why should black people fulfill them? It's just somewhat unclear. And I hate to break it to you, souledge, but the reason a LOT of people (black, white, or otherwise) are racist has to do with personal experiences. What you have to realize, as I did when chased down the street by flying pennies, rocks, and other stuff when I took drivers ed, or being called "White boy" and "Pinche gringo" walking to the train from my old school, is that you've probably had bad experiences with your own people as well. A white guy's said stuff to me before. And I've taken care of that. Why is it that a black person doing something to a black person or a white person doing something to a white person is "personal" but even if the same incident occurs between a white and a black person, it's most often remembered as "racial." Just keep that in mind when you think about what happened with you and your uncle. Not to be offensive to your uncle, but perhaps he was mistaken in saying that that's how "they" think of "us."