Some people don't deserve welfare

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

MiChuhSuh

Some people don't deserve welfare

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 30th, 2007, 8:44 pm

I don't think I even have to explain this. I'm in college and my roommate is some old ass dude who does absolutely jacksh*t but gets hooked up by the government. They pay for his housing from student aid, he eats off ebt (food stamps that look like credit cards) and even gets extra because he claims his kid even though he doesn't take care of him aside from pinning his ass in front of the tv, and he gets a welfare check.

Some of you might say "well he's in college so his main job is being student".... F-CK no, he has been here fore like 7 years and uses it to get all these benefits. He says he's running a """record label""" but all it is is some beats and raps that his friends gave him for free, and instead of spending time getting his music right he spends all day calling people trying to convince them that his stuff is already good. And hasn't done sh*t to look for a job. I can't stand talking to him, he's like "I used to think working hard was the key but I realized it's not, it's about letting money make money." You dumbass, to make something from nothing you have to work hard. Unless you slang or pimp there is no easy way to just "let money make money", and if he was slanging or pimping I would beat him down in his sleep.

I'm a student, a student assistant (like a TA except for a department instead of a teacher) and I am doing a gig making a website, and I don't get sh*t. He eats better food than me, wears new clothes, and sits on his ass all day, but I don't get anything from financial aid - not for food, for tuition, or for housing because they changed the system so I can't claim independence until I'm 24 even though I live on my own and don't get anything from my parents (I'll give you a hint, I started school early and I'm Mcminster's age; I only type formally and properly because I have to get used to it for work).

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 30th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Oh yeah and his kid is now in the mom's custody but he still claims him for $ and has him come over when those welfare people check up on him. He'll probably get caught though, and I feel sorry for his kid.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » July 30th, 2007, 11:11 pm

I thought you were like 26 or something lol

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 30th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Ya I had to grow up fast

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 31st, 2007, 1:21 am

he's pimpin the system.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 31st, 2007, 1:32 am

^ Since he doesn't take care of his kid anyways (the kids really lives with his mom) I hope this guy gets a rude awakening, he's pushing he's like 30 something and hasn't done sh*t worthwhile. Now how does he get all this but hard working people who actually take care of their kids get let behind, have a hard time paying for college or even basic school supplies and other educational necessities. Why is he getting all this financial aid but other people never make it through?

And it's not like he's living that great either, and he's bugging out lately because I think he has to graduate within a few quarters and then the school will have had enough of his bum ass, hopefully he wakes up and faces responsibility for once. The only times he talks to his kid he tries to push his stupid ass mentality onto him (don't work hard, just freeload) but in ten years this guy will be homeless and laid out if he doesn't change because they're not gonna pay for 10 years of failing classes. 30 something year old man with no degree and no work experience combined with laziness and no desire to change doesn't look too good, 10 year olds in China gotta better resume than this guy.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 31st, 2007, 1:35 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:^ Since he doesn't take care of his kid anyways (the kids really lives with his mom) I hope this guy gets a rude awakening, he's pushing he's like 30 something and hasn't done sh*t worthwhile. Now how does he get all this but hard working people who actually take care of their kids get let behind, have a hard time paying for college or even basic school supplies and other educational necessities. Why is he getting all this financial aid but other people never make it through?

And it's not like he's living that great either, and he's bugging out lately because I think he has to graduate within a few quarters and then the school will have had enough of his bum ass, hopefully he wakes up and faces responsibility for once. The only times he talks to his kid he tries to push his stupid ass mentality onto him (don't work hard, just freeload) but in ten years this guy will be homeless and laid out if he doesn't change because they're not gonna pay for 10 years of failing classes. 30 something year old man with no degree and no work experience combined with laziness and no desire to change doesn't look too good, 10 year olds in China gotta better resume than this guy.
he'll learn or suffer.

KingJuelz

Unread post by KingJuelz » August 1st, 2007, 8:52 pm

perongregory wrote:he's pimpin the system.
Couldn't have said it better.

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » August 7th, 2007, 8:25 am

It's said but true, people like him is who the system cater to. This type of madness happens all the time, and it becomes frustrating to some one that is trying to provide for their family by working a meager job and then the system tells them that they make too much money or they get in trouble for welfae fraud for not reporting any earned income. The system is messed up, and this cat is really confused but his time will come and I trully hope that his child do not grow up to be worthless like his sperm donor. You just keep your head up, your time to shine will come and when it does noone or nothing willbe able to stop it. Continue to work hard and don't let this no nuthin as cat get you discouraged.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 7th, 2007, 8:20 pm

^Thanks man, I needed that

You're right the system is set up for them, they need to reform all welfare and financial aid. And I don't mean just "spend more on it" or "spend less on it", I mean get it to the people who REALLY need it and take the REAL FRAUDS out of it. Then take that money and give it to more people who would make the most of it.

I spent three hours going back and forth from student employment and payroll because I didn't know that my normal tax exemption doesn't go through during the summer. On top of that my paycheck came in late, and they were just like "Oh we'll just get it in in two weeks." B*tch I live paycheck to paycheck. I was eating one "meal" a day for the past two weeks, every time I felt hungry I hat to distract myself like come to this site or something. And then I look at the people in line next to me for financial aid and I just felt like f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you... I know it's wrong but the system is set up so that even if your parents don't contribute anything, the aid is still based on their income until you're 24 and I'm only 18 and I'm gonna graduate long before that (I'm already a junior by credits)

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 9th, 2007, 9:46 am

I'm someone who is a massive supporter of the welfare state - one of the most civil things to happen in UK alongside the National Health Service (free health care for all) - its a safety net for those who may otherwise fall through the cracks, its a civic necessity for a stable mature society. BUT I am down on peeps who PIMP the SYSTEM and its a massive thing here. It pissssses me right off when I go work every day, work my guts out, help my community and cos I dont earn a big fat cheque, gotta watch my p's constantly. Then some geezer doesn't want to work, gets housing benefit to pay his rent, gets 'Job Seekers Allowance' or 'Income Support' and hustles drugs all day, sub lets his public housing and sponges of the state like a leech. Peeps coming over here fresh from other countries always comment about British youth and how lazy they are, no matter where thier family hails from i.e. a friend who's only been in London three years out of Jamaica is astonished to see youts espousing a view where they expect to get everything given to them on a plate without lifting a fucccin finger.

FOr the needful and deserving, compassion everytime. For scroungers, get a fuccccin job!