This Generation Stands for nothing

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Anonymous20

This Generation Stands for nothing

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 30th, 2004, 3:33 pm

I'll tell you why; this generation of youngsters, by and large do not care about anything substantial, and it shows in the music, and several other outlets. Don't get me wrong, this is not a sweeping indictment of all of todays youth, but ALOT of them. The mentality these days is So mercenary, and it's all about what you can do for me, and ultimately the dollar. There are no major causes for them to rally against, so they dive head first into gangsterisim. I'm only 30, so i do remember my generation having other inflluences outside of the gangsta path. In the late 80's early 90's, there was alot of postive or informative hip hop as well as the thug stuff, they balanced each other out, but now?, listen to the music now, and tell me with the exception of a notable few, what are thet really talking about?, nothing but women, cars, money, men, more money, clothes, cars and women. Those are the only things that matter to most of this generation, and if they don't wake up soon, we're all in trouble.

Pomona Princess
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: This Generation Stands for nothing

Unread post by Pomona Princess » October 6th, 2004, 5:26 pm

If i understand correctly this generation is going no where, ok i'm 18 a mother high school graduate and college student who grew up in the hood. If i might add i can bet other generations where talked about the same way, the panthers were looked at as a no good gang by some but i think they did more good than bad, another gang vice lords started out by doing good in the community. Every generation goes through this no one is perfect but don't blame us all. We also have positvie music with messages, please before you judge look at things from a broder view point, was your generation any better or didi some older person say the same things? And what do you have to say about rappers getting there listeners to vote? No good generation i bet, i know for a fact i am going some where in life.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 6th, 2004, 5:40 pm

Princess makes some good points, yes every generation of gangsters adds more to the previous ones, however as opposed to prior decades, todays G's lack huge respect for anyone not in tune with their crowd. I can remember the way gangs would congregate as a whole in one huge crowd, meeting or party and all would be one. Nowadays a group of 15 or 20 calls itself a gang, is born and gone within a decade, no bonds, no vets to keep them in line, just plain out for the night, whatever happens happens is the prevalent attitude. So I would agree that each generation is looked upon as not having nothing positive to contribute but also that this generation has no purpose other than self ego fullfillment.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » October 7th, 2004, 12:20 am

Public schools are jacked up in most if not every major city. So most aint learnin sh*t. Divorce rate? Aint no more mama and daddy. Some single familys have a chance but its slim. If the younger generation sucks its because the older aint done sh*t for them.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

200 million + federal regulations and growing every day

Unread post by Kemosave » October 7th, 2004, 1:32 pm

Fifty years ago about one in 320 americans were locked up. Ten years ago it was about 1 in 150. Today 1 in 32 Americans are in some phase of the corrections system and every year it grows like crazy. I read a book recently called "How to survive a Federal prison workcamp" and it claimed that in 1996 there were 200 million pages of federal regulations with an additional 200 pages a day being churned out. Wow! I've never been in trouble with the law before in my life outside of some traffic tickets but I haven't memorized 200 million + federal regulations! Have you?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 7th, 2004, 6:41 pm

WIP wrote:Public schools are jacked up in most if not every major city. So most aint learnin sh*t. Divorce rate? Aint no more mama and daddy. Some single familys have a chance but its slim. If the younger generation sucks its because the older aint done sh*t for them.
Very true, we dropped the ball and now are reaping the results.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » October 10th, 2004, 1:22 am

Television and rap is total garbage today. Aint nothin reinforcing to a nigga these days. Im a young cat, but its like with me I was raised with ethics and sticc to the original roots. Young niggas dont wanna touchdown on different aspects of the game and thats where they fail with the generation that has the wisdom. All the time I see many of our young generation strait plumpin and just make a nigga go loco tryin to make them realize whats the up-and-up. Too many are gettin raised on TV - which in my mind is a bad thing.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 10th, 2004, 1:34 am

You know what, your right man, and it's nice to see a Young G like yourself look at thing objectively like that, it gives me hope, that we just might be alright. But you gotta try to get with your people too, Spread the wisdom, it'll come back to you threefold Bro, trust me.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » October 11th, 2004, 2:04 am

Niggas is too caught up in the hype for them to learn anything from anybody. You know man, youngstas always gonna be knuccleheads. If a nigga tried to put the young ones on a positive tipp, niggas would be looking at me like I am tryin to be their daddy. So cuzz just say fucc it and move on.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 11th, 2004, 7:12 pm

You can't do that Homie, otherwise you also will be dropping the ball with your young ones. Got to keep it all in perspective and deal with as it presents itself, every situation has a way out if you take the time to think it over, sometimes you need to be smart for other people and not just for yourself, and in that is true leadership and in that are the true Homies.
Sometimes you stand right next to them, and sometimes you have to talk some sense in to them.

There was this time in a dancehall in San Pedro that we used to party at on friday nights, and one time this idiot started some beef with one of my Homies, they took it outside and the Locos followed them, they focked the sh*t out of him, the vato was unconcious in a pool of blood on the pavement and the Homies kept kicking him. I started pushing people off of him, and the Homies said to me - who's he to you that you want us to stop ? I replied he's no one to me you know that very well, but if you want to kill the mofo then just cap his ass and be done with it, but to let you keep on they way you're doing and he's defenseless is not right.
At this they stopped and the vato lived. Is not easy to go against your Homies, but for whatever little difference it made that night - a life was spared.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » October 13th, 2004, 2:32 pm

Yeah but in this line of work you can never show sympathy or remorse. It will get to you in the worst way possible. You say you stopped the homies from killin that fool, what makes you sure that fool doesnt round up his locos and comes back blastin cos yall left him alive. Its a dirty game yall - get your mind right.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 13th, 2004, 2:59 pm

It sure was a definity possibility, you're right - you can't be showing any weakness, but I did not stop my Homies from killing the vato, only questioned the purpose of the punishment on an uncounscious MAN. There is a certain line that we must preserve if we are to be different than monsters and retain our humanity, and you must speak up and be heard on such crossing the line issues.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 29th, 2004, 8:50 am

Again, Lonewolf...you got voice and heart blood. Full on respect to you. What you did back in the day at that party was a important, you stood out from the crowd, you didn't graze with the rest of the sheep, you stood up like a real man. I hate it when a lad gets jumped and there is an overkill - lads kicking an unconscious body like a rag doll. That aint tough or hard. I'm ashamed to say that in my earlier life Ive been in the position of those guys doing the beating. Why? Peer stuff n not wanting to show any 'weakness'. Actually, it was pure weakness all along, what a scumbag thing to do, I do not feel proud. Luckily on those occasions, those boys lived. Ive also held the other view, the one Lonewolf expressed, that he stood up and said enough, cos this aint human. When I got a bit older I stood the other side of that divide and been there ever since. Yerah, it might put me at some risk in some ways by standing up like a man and wanting humanity to spread and thrive, but I'd rather go out with dignity than like a soft sheep or a lemming, jumping off the cliff to follow his boys. Peace

yahyah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yahyah » October 30th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Yeah you right this generation is poisoned by all the thing thats intriuging to kids kids like shiny things kids have very little awareness of life and death as an act kids want everything but have no conscious of the value of he dollar

WE ALL Have flaws but the kids branch fom the adults
you know the one who brought crack to the hood when we were babies
the ones wo banged mofos out this world in front of us
the one with life in prison and make no contribution not even a letter to think about

You right we DON'T give a fuck but if you are not contributing to the solution then you part of the problem which means you don't give a fuck either
I live in the hood and its poppin round here daily
But i talk to my peers and those younger than me and show them what i know thats positive
Without war there will be no peace
without casualties there will be no victory
are you prepared to die for what you believe in?

IF WE STAND FOR NOTHING THEN WE WILL FALL FOR ANTHING

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 3rd, 2004, 10:24 am

Big Love.
You know what - This generation does stand for something - it stands for HOPE. It stands for breaking out of ghetto thinking, it stands for the generation who began to turn things around. I mean, boy, yourve got mr Frankenstien Bush back (almost) at the time of this thread and you got four more years of politicians neglect, hostility, racism etc etc to look forward to! This generation can stand up, this generation is special. This generation could change the world.
Big Love. Peace.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 3rd, 2004, 9:26 pm

I AINT TO DOWN WITH THIS "GENERATION STANDS FOR NOTHING".. IS IT ME OR ARE PEOPLE ALWAYS TALKIN BOUT STERYOTYPES N SHIT ON THIS FORUM. HOW MINORITIES ALWAYS LOOKED DOWN. the STRUGGELES MOST OF US HAVE BEEN THRU. the UNDERWORLD BASICALLY. THATS WHAT "STREET GANGS" IS ABOUT. TO U FOOS GANGS ARE the LIFE OR UR PAST LIFE. TO SOCIETY GANGS ARE 'THE PROBLEM'...BUT N E WAYS HOW CAN SOMEONE SAY THIS GENERATION STANDS FOR NOTHING? UNLESS UR A PART OF THIS GENERATION ALL U SEE IF FROM the OUTSIDE. I THINK ALL OF US HERE HAVE BEEN JUDGED. BASICALLY the AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE JUDGING BASED ON SHIT THEY SEE. YEAH I'LL ADMIT MY GENERATION IS A LOT OF BS.((IM 15.)). GANG BANGIN HAS GONE COMMERCIAL. FAKE FOOS BE RAPPIN BOUT BANGING,KILLIN N ALL THIS SHIT. WEN IN REALITY ITS ALL COMMERCIAL. MUSIC RULES A KIDS WORLD. IF U LISTEN TO ROCK U TEND TO TALK THINK DRESS A CERTAIN WAY. U LISTEN TO RAP U TEND TO TALK DRESS THINK A CERTAIN WAY. the ENVIORMENT U ARE RAISED IN IS WHAT SETS UR OUT LOOK ON LIFE. SHIT U SEE OR DO SHAPE the PERSON U BECOME. BUT I THINK ALL THIS COMMERCIAL SHIT IS MAKIN FOOS WANNA THINK THEY HARD. ME IN NOT BANGER NEVER WILL BE . IM A MUTHA FUCKIN TAGGER , A WRITTER, AN ARTIST . BUT I GREW UP ROUND GANGS. HOMIES I GREW UP WITH NOW BANG. FOOS I KNOW DEAD (R.I.P) FROM LA VIDA LOCA. GOT SOME FAMILY IN GANGS. BUT INEVER TURNED THAT WAY NOT BECAUSE I COULDNT BUT I BECUS I DIDNT WANT TO. N ALSO I HAD IT LUCKY IN SOME WAYS. I ALWAYS HAD SOMETHING TO TURN TO INSTEAD OF JOININ A GANG. BUT TAGGIN IS SOMETHING THAT JUST CAME TO ME SINCE I WAS A LIL KID. BUT THIS IS OFF the SUBJECT BUT ITS SAD THAT SOMEONE CAN TELL ME THAT MY GENERATION STANDS FOR NOTHING WEN CONSTANTLY WEN I FIND MYSELF TALKIN TO ADULTS N THEY DISS GANG , HOODS, ETC IM the ONE DEFENDIN the HOODS CUZ MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW IS TO GROW UP LIKE THAT ALL THAY KNOW IS WHAT THE MEDIA MAKES IT OUT TO BE.I MIGHT BE GOIN ON A TANGENT BUT FUCK IT I TYPE WHAT I THINK. BUT I WILL ADMIT THERES A LOT OF FAKES IN MY GENERATION. NOW A FOO LIKE ME GETS HIT UP ON A DAILY BASIS. MOST the TIME BUT FOOS WHO HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR THEMSELVES JUST THEM TRYIN TO BE DOWN ASS FOOS ALL OF A SUDDEN. I CATCH MYSELF GETTIN INTO SHIT WITH FOOS WHO REALLY ARENT WORTH MY TIME. CUZ I KNOW the SHIT IVE DONE FOR RESPECT. N LETS NOT FORGET MY ASS IS ONLY 15 N HAVIN TO DEAL WITH OLDER HEADS SOMETIMES TRIPPIN CUZ THEY KNOW I GOT JUEVOS the PROBLEM IS THAT THIS GENERATION IS CONFUSED. THATS WHAT I THINK IT IS. NOT THAT WE DONT STAND FOR N E THING . JUST THAT MOST THESE KATS AINT GOT SHIT TO STAND FOR. WELL THATS MY 2 CENTS. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID BUT FUCK IT. LATEX

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 3rd, 2004, 9:27 pm

N YEAH I FORGOT TO ADD MOST YOUNGSTERS JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK . N WEN A WHOLE GROUP DONT GIVE A FUCK THATS A PROBLEM.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 8th, 2004, 9:23 am

You know what it's a trip...I used to write ASIK back in the early nineties, when tagbangin was the thing and you had to be in a crew. You couldn't go anywhere without getting hit up. Even if it wasn't the real gangsters, it was hoodlums nonetheless.
Back then, there was a consciousness that surrounded everything you did, even when it was wrong. The motto was "straight don't give a f*ck", but at least there was realness in the people's culture, music, attitude at that point. There were ideas, not just beef. There was soul and inspiration in people's lives. Look at hip-hop now versus hip-hop in the early nineties. No comparison. It's only a shadow of what it once was. Someone older than me would say the early nineties, what they call "the golden age", the music I grew up on, is trash, and the eighties is what's up.
My boy is teaching high school now, in New York. He's mid twenties and is the one breaking up the girls and boys grinding at the dance now. Every generation passes, so much stays the same. My boy tells me about gang members in his school and the fear they command, the girls who crush on any male who is too old for them, the pregnancies, and how the teenagers fight over nothing. He's doing his best to teach younger teenagers but he's still going through his own dumb shit. When the boy wilds out too much I tell him "You're a teacher now, what would your students think about you if they saw you doing this". You obviously give a f*ck about something, so hold on to graffiti and art and ideas for now and the rest will fall into place.
When I see a young teen now I just see a blank slate. I can see the impressionability on their face. A younger generation can fail only where they've been failed, but I say let them. Let them fall and get back up.
If you really got huevos be an individual. That's where every struggle you face will stem from.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 8th, 2004, 6:04 pm

fuck well its still like that i get hit up daily by most foos who aint shit..but i feel u on what ur sayin..true shit right there..
late

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 8th, 2004, 6:27 pm

simon it still like that these dayz
aint shit changed

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 16th, 2004, 9:45 am

This generation can change the world. This generation is blessed. Peace

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 16th, 2004, 7:07 pm

naw we cant we just voted bush again lolz

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 17th, 2004, 12:45 pm

hahah
good one

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 19th, 2004, 10:29 am

Ha ha ha! Funny man! Well, you right I guess, Bushy Boy is back 'n the damn world will change thats for sure! But a better tommorrow? Nah man, we might just be stuffed!

This generation - us - you - can change the world for the better! Whether or nor Bush and his cronies are in the Whitehouse, in fact, in spite of that horrible fact. Here in UK, the majority of people are still feeling depressed about the US election results....so now its up to us, cos our Tony Blairs, our Bushies and on and on dont give a damn about people from the ghetto, dont care about the poor anywhere.

Viva Revolution ! Peace

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 19th, 2004, 9:21 pm

true itz up to the people
the people need to wake up and open they eyes tho and do somethin about it most foolz just dont care

yahyah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yahyah » December 9th, 2004, 11:33 am

THIS GENERATION HAS CHANGED THE WORLD
WE ARE THE INCOME OF AMERICA BEING THAT WE ARE THE MAIN CONSUMERS. WE ARE THE KILERS AND THE PROSTITUTES
WE ARE THE LAWYERS AND THE DOCTORS
WE ARE EVEN THE KOPS AND THE MILITARY
WE WALK IN THE PATH OUR FORE FATHERS CREATED AND WE MAKE THAT PATH DENSER THAN IT WAS WHEN WE STARTED TO WALK IT
SO THE NEXT GENERATION CAN BE UP TO THEIR HEAD IN SHIT

BUT WE ARE YOU

B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 9th, 2004, 1:38 pm

anurwarizra wrote:I'll tell you why; this generation of youngsters, by and large do not care about anything substantial, and it shows in the music, and several other outlets. Don't get me wrong, this is not a sweeping indictment of all of todays youth, but ALOT of them. The mentality these days is So mercenary, and it's all about what you can do for me, and ultimately the dollar. There are no major causes for them to rally against, so they dive head first into gangsterisim. I'm only 30, so i do remember my generation having other inflluences outside of the gangsta path. In the late 80's early 90's, there was alot of postive or informative hip hop as well as the thug stuff, they balanced each other out, but now?, listen to the music now, and tell me with the exception of a notable few, what are thet really talking about?, nothing but women, cars, money, men, more money, clothes, cars and women. Those are the only things that matter to most of this generation, and if they don't wake up soon, we're all in trouble.
If you wanna take pot-shots at this generation take pot-shots at the government and the media first not onlt does music influence people media does also so does televesion it's just like sex everybody's bitching about how kids are having sex younger and younger but do you see people addresing this on television?no why?cause sex sells and they could care less about you or me or our kids having sex as long as the kids watch the t.v buy their merchandise and make them money.Think about it your 30 and as you said in your years growing up there wasmore positive influences in music and entertainment now can you imagine let's say the way it was when your parent's were growing up?even more positive influence there was a point in time were on t.v husband and wife would sleep on two differnt beds in the same room why?because these t.v stations didn't want to push the envelope there was a time were a women wearing a skirt showing her ankles would get her sent home but now women and men can walk the streets almost naked.That's the boiling point don't just attack this generation because they have a lack of respect or morals or basic humen worth because it's not the kids fault that's what's throwin in there face's on a daily bases they tell you they could give a fuck less about your education and they want you to do a crime why?becuase the corrections system is a billion dollar business and now they are privatising prisons meaning when you go to jail you don't follow federal law or state law you follow who ever owns the prisons rules that means working for 50cents a hour all the jail system is now is sweat-shop labor in america and no one has stepped up to recognize that problem don't get me wrong you made a lot of good points bt the times you grew up in and these times are totally different which is the reason why kids are the way they are.Instead of parents parking their kids infront of t.v's from the time they are born until the time they grow up and thinking everybody except themselves has to raise there kids these problems wouldn't be prevelant

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » December 10th, 2004, 6:34 pm

This generation is different from ours......I'm only 29, but I see the huge difference between when I was banging and what I see now.

We had a cause, back in the day MS was about pride, defending ourselves from other gangs, making the barrio safe for our people. We had a political message, most of the veteranos were hardcore guerrilla fighters, FMLN(Socialist freedom fighters).....they organized us and taught us to be proud of who we are, gave us hope, we were united.....If you did good in school, the veteranos encouraged you to do better, we were family......and kept each other in check.... If you were on drugs you were no good to the gang.....we had respect for ourselves, discipline.... You could walk around with your head up and half the peole would fear you, the other half wanted to be like you!

We had parties where even Crips came, and we tried to have peace......even with the Mexicans......

So what happened? Today MS is just another sureno set....... Gangbangin is now all about making $$$$ and everyone will sell everyone out, The music is shit.......no message, no self respect. Drugs are killing people and killing futures, Latinos killing Latinos, Blacks killing Blacks, we use and fuck over our own people.....Throw around "Latin Pride" and "Mexican Mafia" "Salvi Pride" but in reality just bring our own people down.....Its not what it was meant to be anymore.......These days its just stupid ignorant punks who think they're the shit but are their own worse enemy.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but its out of love......I've been there, and where the kids are going today isn't a nice place.....

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 10th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Good post

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » December 16th, 2004, 11:19 am

Which each generation that comes along you have your negative right along with the positive, but to categorize a whole generation that stands for nothing is ludicrous. Yes I know it seems that genration after genration gets worst, but right along aside that, genration after generation brings higher achievements in different catgories, such as the increase of company, and business owners, to producing more people in professional fields. I know the new generation have alot of downfalls, but to group the whole generation in a negative light is just wrong.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 23rd, 2005, 9:16 pm

Dont get me wrong, i'm not downing all thses young cats, but damn, it just seems, that alot of them don't care, but they also said the same Shit about us, but look at it like this, we have the war in Iraq(a joke), the continuing seperation of the races, and other things, yet all those with the means to help, are about profit only, think about that

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » May 24th, 2005, 3:28 am

You pointing your fingers in the wrong direction players, u need to point it at the older generation who raised them..thats who fucked up. If u buy a car and its running all fucked up you dont blame the car, u blame the company that made it. If a kid is fucked up, its the parents/families fault over 90 percent of the time, the generation before the this one was selfish and put their lives infront of their childrens, so all their kids are fucked up. Simple to explain, so if your kids are fucking up...its only one person to blame...you and thats 100.