Would you like to be a young in 2013 ?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Would you like to be a young in 2013 ?

Unread post by karim » April 9th, 2013, 4:08 am

I mean if you are 38 like me for example, would you like to be 20 now in 2013 ? If you're 20 today, would you like to be 10 ? Was it better back in the day ? Did things change in the wrong way ?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Would you like to be a young in 2013 ?

Unread post by Sentenza » April 9th, 2013, 4:37 am

karim wrote:I mean if you are 38 like me for example, would you like to be 20 now in 2013 ? If you're 20 today, would you like to be 10 ? Was it better back in the day ? Did things change in the wrong way ?
I wouldnt like to be that young again. Because a lot of BS happened in between that i wouldnt want to go through again.
I am happy that i am a grown man now, no need to go back.

But yea the music was better 20 years ago.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 9th, 2013, 5:28 am

I think the same ! Music was better. We're talking like "elders"
Thinking of what I've been through from the 90's to nowadays (good and bad) gives me a headache, so I'm better off now.
Yet, it's still good to think about the good all days (some were not so ... hum)
Gettin older we love to reminisce our "Frozen" past we keep making it brighter that the reality.

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 10th, 2013, 4:21 am

You both had a tough childhood it seems...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 10th, 2013, 8:38 am

karim wrote:You both had a tough childhood it seems...
Lets say, it was a workout. :mrgreen:
Dont get me wrong, i like remembering the "good old times", miss some friends and family members who have passed away and i especially miss being irresponsible whenever i wanted to, hanging out day and night like it was nothing.
Doing whatever i wanted, going whereever i wanted. And i miss home, since i moved away, theres nothing like home.
But the way of the walk has been stoned and i dont feel like walking it again.

Since we are talking about good old music and home.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 10th, 2013, 8:51 am

No Rim-K childhood was sweeter than sour ! But Like the German Lad wrote it "the way of the walk has been stoned and i dont feel like walking it again."
Now I'm married and 3x time father so I enjoy different things.
Some mates and I like to remind us "those" good" old days but it's like Raekwon the chef at the beginning of "Can it be so simple" 1st Wu-Tang album. another master piece of Hip-Hop ! East-Coast representin'
I appreciate French Hip-Hop of the 90's. Look out where I'm from 8)

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 11th, 2013, 4:40 am

As soon as I've read "Rim-K" I knew you were a homie... Maybe even earlier when I saw 971 (Gwada represent') in your name... Now that I've seen 9-3 it's clear ! Alors quoi de neuf gros ? PM si tu veux mec !
In my opinion life becomes harder and harder as we grow up... There's MUCH MORE to whatch out now !

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 11th, 2013, 5:57 am

93, thats Paris. Rim-K is a rapper, no?

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 11th, 2013, 8:34 am

Yes 93 is a poor suburb/district of Paris (Paris is 75), and yes Rim-K was from a Rap group called 113 (which was the number of their building in their project). In France we invert syllables that's why Ka-rim makes Rim-ka ("k" sound "ka" in French).

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 11th, 2013, 9:12 am

Ah i see, Trop puissant. I liked that song.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 11th, 2013, 7:50 pm

I would like to be 5 years old again and do everthing over. I would have started interviewing gang members when I was 10 rather than in my 20s when I started.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 12th, 2013, 12:01 am

[quote="alexalonso"]I would like to be 5 years old again and do everthing over. I would have started interviewing gang members when I was 10 rather than in my 20s when I started.[/quote]reincarnation is a bich ...no ...i dont ask nothing from the past and expect nothing from the futur i finally understood that real pleasure real knowledge real blessings happen in the now ... just enjoy my now ! me im fine i did my gangster year to the fullest without being killed or permanently injured thanks god i dont wanna go thru any of the BS generated by that racist illuminazi system again i dont wanna be young because i just started to understand that being old is not given to all so i enjoy that state and discover all the marvells that comes with maturity when i feel like acting like a child i just come here ...the more i grow the more i wanna know the more i feel like i dont know shit the deeper my trip go ..peace to all brothers aint no peace in duality

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 12th, 2013, 12:10 am

and yeah rim k is from vitry 94 a town just in our gates his band was 113 clan its the number of their door in their camille grout project they are our homies i have many of my people there actually including my brother bg lolo he is living in the middle of their pj and even back them in concert actually rim k is a very humble respectable and nice person may god bless him and his family

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 12th, 2013, 3:08 am

alexalonso wrote:I would like to be 5 years old again and do everthing over. I would have started interviewing gang members when I was 10 rather than in my 20s when I started.
They woudn't have taken you seriously at 10... However if we had known all we know now when we were younger it would have been great ! I think the more we grow up the more our problems grow too, that's why I would like to be 10 again...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 12th, 2013, 3:14 am

Ok, if i would know what i know now, then yea i would want to be young again too.
Unfortunately i was stupid back then. :mrgreen:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 12th, 2013, 4:41 am

alexalonso wrote:I would like to be 5 years old again and do everthing over. I would have started interviewing gang members when I was 10 rather than in my 20s when I started.
Dont worry about that im in my early 30s and only start doing now what i want to do.
The stuff before was pretty much an odyssey.
Unfortunately we dont always know from early on where our place is.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 12th, 2013, 6:41 am

Hi Everybody !
Reading, all this I may feel we're in a session of introspection about the past.
Wow ! Funny ! Younger I was feeling like older people were doing wrong and that I will do whatever better ... Silly Pride !
Sure, now we know, (sometimes), what we could have done to improve our situation back then. But at that time we did not.
I enjoy the present, and fight to make it better (like any one else, except the one who are already served ...)
Rim-K, en effet Seine-Saint-Denis style à base de gilet pare-balles, de pop-pop-pop, pop !
For Sentenza, you German-guys beat up Barça and real, for real I get all pissed off because of those spanish clubs !
I like Barça and Real but enough is enough, I now can't stand their way of playing football, keeping to ball, till you're asleep on the yard. Beat them up
For BG South-cide Paris Treize :
Do U Remenber la Mafia-Trece and even "yannick" not the one of "ces soirées-là" (fell off), but the playa on "yannick j'aime ta maille" so funny.
I remember in 95, there was a big concert organized by people from your hood in winter and there was the biggest strike ever, things didn't seem happy back then, lots of snow, no train, huge traffic-jam real mess. Even I, was trapped in Paris because I was doing time in the army ... Just my duty, no silly shit, I think I'm smarter than that :mrgreen:
Peace to all the Frenchies
Still Rep that RedBlack&Green and Gwada 4 sure
Salaam

attila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: amsterdam

Unread post by attila » April 12th, 2013, 7:18 am

Born in 1972, i would give anything to be a kid again. Growing up in the 70's and 80's in Holland was great. Almost no crime and total freedom, everything was possible and aloud. And the music was fantastic.
The nineties were the f***kyears, that was real great too, but the times had changed and there was a lot more violence and crime, due to the mass immigration of people from Marocco, Turkey and the Nederlands Antilles.
Nowadays we are not only still importing people from these countries but from all Eastern-European coutries too and the situation is totally out of control. Violent home invasions, brutal attacks of very old and defensless people in their eighties, almost all crime is commited by foreigners but the Maroccans are the worst by far. I know it sounds racist but it's not. These are the cold facts, sadly.

So i definately wouldn't be a kid nowadays. I worry about the future of my son now.
The good old days of the 70's and 80's are gone for good and they are never ever coming back.

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 15th, 2013, 4:31 am

Attila, I would have thought that with such a name you would have understood imigrants better... :P I think you need to discuss with Maroccans to understand why they act like you said. Maybe you will find out they weren't so welcomed in Holland at the bigining... Maybe it's not the 1st generation that you dubbed "the worst", but the 2nd ? It shows you're not a racist but it seems you're in the wrong way...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2013, 6:30 am

karim wrote:Attila, I would have thought that with such a name you would have understood imigrants better... :P I think you need to discuss with Maroccans to understand why they act like you said. Maybe you will find out they weren't so welcomed in Holland at the bigining... Maybe it's not the 1st generation that you dubbed "the worst", but the 2nd ? It shows you're not a racist but it seems you're in the wrong way...
I think its because people are afraid and just see rivals in them, competing with them for jobs, money etc.
Ask african refugees how people in Morocco, Tunisia or Algeria treat them, when they travel through there.
They face alot of racism from the Moroccans, Algerians etc. too, for the same reasons. They see them as intruders.
Shit, the police down there even kills them or drops them off somewhere in the desert to let them die.
When it comes to that, people are the same everywhere. Of course racism is stupid but its very difficult to bring people from totally different cultural backgrounds together and it takes a lot of breath, hard work, patience and openness. Unfortunatelsy not all people have that.
In Germany we have some arabs and turks who dont know how to act either. I think thats for a variety of reasons and racism sometimes is one of them, but thats no excuse to beat someone to death or rob people who have never done anything to you.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2013, 6:33 am

P.S.

In my ex company i had a senegalese co worker, a muslim.

He said he would never allow his daughter to marry a northern african, for the racists that they are (in his experience).
German, european, asian, whatever, no problem for him, but no northern african arab.
Those were his words.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2013, 6:53 am

alsheikh971 wrote: For Sentenza, you German-guys beat up Barça and real, for real I get all pissed off because of those spanish clubs !
I like Barça and Real but enough is enough, I now can't stand their way of playing football, keeping to ball, till you're asleep on the yard. Beat them up
You know, i am really not a Bayern Fan, but thats some internal german beef. :mrgreen:
But i think the spanish need a good ass whooping this time, so i am rallying around my german teams this time even though i am barely ever for Bayern, even when they play against mongolia or whoever.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 15th, 2013, 1:09 pm

Yeah like you said a good ass whooping :lol:
I hope it will be the epitome of football this year. Legendary plays with goals and a little drama 8)
But at the End "Auf wiedersen Spanien" (my phonetic german :shock: )

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 16th, 2013, 1:04 am

[quote="alsheikh971"]Hi Everybody !
Reading, all this I may feel we're in a session of introspection about the past.
Wow ! Funny ! Younger I was feeling like older people were doing wrong and that I will do whatever better ... Silly Pride !
Sure, now we know, (sometimes), what we could have done to improve our situation back then. But at that time we did not.
I enjoy the present, and fight to make it better (like any one else, except the one who are already served ...)
Rim-K, en effet Seine-Saint-Denis style à base de gilet pare-balles, de pop-pop-pop, pop !
For Sentenza, you German-guys beat up Barça and real, for real I get all pissed off because of those spanish clubs !
Do U Remenber la Mafia-Trece and even "yannick" not the one of "ces soirées-là" (fell off), but the playa on "yannick j'aime ta maille" so funny.
I remember in 95, there was a big concert organized by people from your hood in winter and there was the biggest strike ever, things didn't seem happy back then, lots of snow, no train, huge traffic-jam real mess. Even I, was trapped in Paris because I was doing time in the army ... Just my duty, no silly shit, I think I'm smarter than that :mrgreen:
Salaam[/quote]yeah i remember the concert my big homie joe mafia trece og did a fake concert anouncing wu tang clan in paris but at the end only few sherm head showed off pretending to be the wu tang there was a riot lolol is that what u talkin about >??

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 16th, 2013, 1:10 am

Hey Kim, check tes PM's mec !

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 16th, 2013, 5:25 am

[quote="bgcasper"][quote="alsheikh971"]Hi Everybody !
Salaam[/quote]yeah i remember the concert my big homie joe mafia trece og did a fake concert anouncing wu tang clan in paris but at the end only few sherm head showed off pretending to be the wu tang there was a riot lolol is that what u talkin about >??[/quote]
Yeah, exactly this one ! They claimed that wu-Tang sunz of man and others were coming, I may have this recorded on a cassette !
Crazy shit back then winter, strike, no mass transit transport. Damned
SO you were there, classic story for old headz

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 16th, 2013, 7:58 am

Ben parlez vous en français les mecs ce sera plus simple hein...! :lol:

attila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: amsterdam

Unread post by attila » April 16th, 2013, 12:33 pm

"Attila, I would have thought that with such a name you would have understood imigrants better... I think you need to discuss with Maroccans to understand why they act like you said. Maybe you will find out they weren't so welcomed in Holland at the bigining... Maybe it's not the 1st generation that you dubbed "the worst", but the 2nd ? It shows you're not a racist but it seems you're in the wrong way..."

I understand immigrants and maroccans and their problems with integrating in our Dutch society perfectly, eventhough you seem to think i don't.
I was just stating facts. We have massive problems with Maroccan and Turkish youth and yes, they are all second and third generation.
How am i in the wrong way?

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 16th, 2013, 1:16 pm

[quote="karim"]Ben parlez vous en français les mecs ce sera plus simple hein...! :lol:[/quote]
Le pire, cousin, c'est que j'y avais pensé, après je ne sais pas ce que les ricains vont dire.
Et puis après tout Rim-K tu as raison. Parlons à l'ancienne comme à la te-ci
Gardez la pêche, sans les noyaux (v'la la chute pas drôle ...) !

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » April 17th, 2013, 5:22 am

@attila: No homie, I saw you were not a racist as I ever told you above. But only looking at cold facts can lead you in the wrong way... I mean, if all offenses are made by strangers you have to wonder why first ! Why do they commit these crimes ? Do you really, REALLY think they are criminal-born ? I don't. The best proof is that their parents were honests and humbles workers. That's why I thought you were on the way to become a racist... Or at least to believe that these racists arguments are true. No disrespect intented.
@ alsheikh971: Vas-y enjoy mon copain ! PS: Il est re-lou à écrire ton pseudo mec ! :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 17th, 2013, 5:25 am

I try to understand everyones french in here but its all fucked up. I guess my 2 years in college didnt help much. :mrgreen:

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » April 18th, 2013, 12:46 pm

[quote="Sentenza"]I try to understand everyones french in here but its all fucked up. I guess my 2 years in college didnt help much. :mrgreen:[/quote]
There's a bit of slang in our messages, nevertheless everything is correct.
I've never learnt German, my wife aunt is German, and I wish I could talk with her ... Anyway, she's fluent in French and English. I may plan a trip to Berlin or Düsseldorf in the 5 next years, I only went to Kiel the border city facing Strasbourg, no big difference between Alsace and this part of Germany.