IS IT TIME TO OUTLAW GUNS?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 18th, 2005, 6:13 pm

But if you can get 1.....to put down a gun u save 3........1. himself from prison 2. the victim.3. the victims sons or daughters just vision how many u can save if u outlaw guns.........yes their will still be violence by guns but overall the number of deaths will go down........i get so tired of hearing about youre rights to bear arms........answer this....... whats the most imporantant thing a person has? his rights to have a gun or his life.WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE.........WOULD U GIVE UP YOUR GUN TO SAVES LIVES?????????????????????????????????CHANGE STARTS FROM WHITHIN YOURSELF..

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 19th, 2005, 5:03 am

Pumpkin2 wrote:But if you can get 1.....to put down a gun u save 3........1. himself from prison 2. the victim.3. the victims sons or daughters just vision how many u can save if u outlaw guns.........yes their will still be violence by guns but overall the number of deaths will go down........i get so tired of hearing about youre rights to bear arms........answer this....... whats the most imporantant thing a person has? his rights to have a gun or his life.WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE.........WOULD U GIVE UP YOUR GUN TO SAVES LIVES?????????????????????????????????CHANGE STARTS FROM WHITHIN YOURSELF..
us citizens have guns to protect our lives.it isnt our fault if someone messes up and puts a gun to us.its his fault he didnt think about his children or his family or if he would survive the jail time he would get.people need to think before they act.everything has a conciquince(sorry bout the spellong on that one).

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 19th, 2005, 6:26 am

No we shouldnt because if our freedom is ever at stake from the government we will have no way to protect our rights, we will just have to fold. If anything it should be tougher to buy guns and there should be tougher laws on gun possesion and violent crimes. Remember guns dont kill people, people kill people with guns.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » August 19th, 2005, 12:52 pm

The deconstruction of gun manufacturing should take place all across this globe. Guns were, and are simply designed to physically hurt, and kill.
No person calling or considering themself godly should be for this type of action. Because if you are, then you are a hipocrit, plain and simple.

And for those of you (especially black and brown people) who are standing behind some peice of paper with racist/prejudice white signatures on it, and behind it, lmao, i dont even know what to say to you.....

America is brainwashed. As is many parts of this world, and only FEAR keeps people thinking of the worst (nuclear wars, being shot, attacked, etc...). Remind you, FEAR, isn't godly. And i say that because FEAR is being scared, and if you REALLY have faith in god, what do you need to be scared about? If you support companies and people who manufacture weapons, than you are NOT godly, because you are going against what being godly is. God is love, compassion, and HARMONY towards your fellow man. Thass real.... call it soft if you so chose to, but it takes alot more courage and strength to be that way, than you think.

Aside from all that, i'm oldschool with mines, and i believe that if i have a problem with you, than i'll bring it to your face, and address my issue, if i have to. Guns are for punks... if you dont like me for whatever silly reason you done worked up in your mind, and you wanna kill me, see me from the shoulders.... no guns, no knives, no bats, no weapons, striaght up, man-to-man. Ididnt always think this way, i was like alot of y'all in here, gun totin', smokin barells and all that. But now, I dont believe in striking a man anymore, but i WILL defend myself, no doubt.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » August 19th, 2005, 1:26 pm

you outlaw guns, you save 10,000 lives. but because of a document written 300 years ago, everyone feels its their "job" to own one.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 19th, 2005, 4:37 pm

[quote="jae"]
The deconstruction of gun manufacturing should take place all across this globe. Guns were, and are simply designed to physically hurt, and kill.

No person calling or considering themself godly should be for this type of action. Because if you are, then you are a hipocrit, plain and simple.

America is brainwashed. As is many parts of this world, and only FEAR keeps people thinking of the worst (nuclear wars, being shot, attacked, etc...). Remind you, FEAR, isn't godly. And i say that because FEAR is being scared, and if you REALLY have faith in god, what do you need to be scared about? If you support companies and people who manufacture weapons, than you are NOT godly, because you are going against what being godly is. God is love, compassion, and HARMONY towards your fellow man. Thass real.... call it soft if you so chose to, but it takes alot more courage and strength to be that way, than you think.

Aside from all that, i'm oldschool with mines, and i believe that if i have a problem with you, than i'll bring it to your face, and address my issue, if i have to. Guns are for punks... if you dont like me for whatever silly reason you done worked up in your mind, and you wanna kill me, see me from the shoulders.... no guns, no knives, no bats, no weapons, striaght up, man-to-man. Ididnt always think this way, i was like alot of y'all in here, gun totin', smokin barells and all that. But now, I dont believe in striking a man anymore, but i WILL defend myself, no doubt.[/quote]

Guns are designed as weapons, be they for self defense or offensive purposes, just like everything else, it has two sides.

A Godly person, be they from ancient times or the current age, would only use these weapons for the protection of life, and from those who wish to impose their own will upon "free man".

America and the world for that matter are brainwashed, that I do agree, and fear reigns supreme, but who will put down their weapons 1st ?

Guns are for punks, and valiant valor for the honest brave, but we are not in a perfect world where just being good prevails over situations.

Old school - straight up, I AGREE; in priciple this looks good, however, even and fair matches you find only in the pro-boxing world, because for the most part it is not what you see out there; there is always some kind or sort of uneveness, be that in size, experience, age, or whathave you.

Therefore, how does one even up the match?

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 19th, 2005, 4:56 pm

se11 wrote:you outlaw guns, you save 10,000 lives. but because of a document written 300 years ago, everyone feels its their "job" to own one.
Its not the law that we need to change it is the people that need changing. People own guns in Canada and percentage wise they have hardly any violent crimes compared to us. Because in Canada percentage wise ppl come from better homes, if you have a responsible adult and you give him/her a gun, they are'nt gonna shoot people with it. On the other hand if you take someone from a broken home who is irresponsible with no education and give them a gun, they are gonna use it whenever they get a chance. So stop blaming the guns if you take them away ppl will find new ways to kill each other...believe me. Instead of drive by's and shootings gang members would be throwing malatov cocktails at each other and stabbing each other more. A killer is a killer. You put a killer in jail with no guns and he still drops bodies. See what Im saying? Its not the guns its the ppl in control of them. So worry about changing them.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 19th, 2005, 5:42 pm

understand.......GUNS...are a risk factor for violence...if you own one or are around one or even if you work with one or have one for hunting or home protection your risk for violence is higher ..............if you did not own one,if you were not around one ,if you did not work with one,if you did not hunt with one,if you did not have one for home protection youre risk for violence is lower.. its that simple......now when you add drugs and alcohol and a i dont care attitude,and destructive language with that gun youre risk triples..........and thats usaually what happens in the street .Other risk factors are present with that gun..........you will always have disputes but you take that gun away you may have another day to find a better way to solve that dispute

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 20th, 2005, 6:41 am

Pumpkin2 wrote:understand.......GUNS...are a risk factor for violence...if you own one or are around one or even if you work with one or have one for hunting or home protection your risk for violence is higher ..............if you did not own one,if you were not around one ,if you did not work with one,if you did not hunt with one,if you did not have one for home protection youre risk for violence is lower.. its that simple......now when you add drugs and alcohol and a i dont care attitude,and destructive language with that gun youre risk triples..........and thats usaually what happens in the street .Other risk factors are present with that gun..........you will always have disputes but you take that gun away you may have another day to find a better way to solve that dispute
how many murders by firearms in Canada???

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 20th, 2005, 10:20 am

1 is too much....even in goood ole boy Canada

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 20th, 2005, 2:03 pm

se11 wrote:you outlaw guns, you save 10,000 lives. but because of a document written 300 years ago, everyone feels its their "job" to own one.
no that is untrue and i take that as a insault.me owning a gun and owning knives and other weapons i feel that is the most far off thing ive heard today.it is not a "job" to own a gun it is not a "job" to own any weapon its a right and another right is to protect my life.my life means more to me than anything and almost anyone exscluding family.please think about those things.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 20th, 2005, 5:20 pm

police carry a gun its their job...................its part of their uniform.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 20th, 2005, 5:22 pm

why do u feel u got to have a gun to protect youre life?what are u afraid of.

mattman123
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mattman123 » August 20th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Pumpkin2 wrote:why do u feel u got to have a gun to protect youre life?what are u afraid of.
people rabid animals charles manson,son of sam people like that.people that would kill you for the 5 dollars in your pocket.you feelin what im sayin? the world aint all lollipops and puppy dogs.shit happens and id rather it be them than me.youl realize it when someone rolls up on you with a cheap revolver and white lips.then youl be feelin for a gun in your pocket.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 20th, 2005, 8:33 pm

what kind of life u have worry about all that.........u what we call in the hood a mark or a buster.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 21st, 2005, 5:21 am

Pumpkin2 wrote:what kind of life u have worry about all that.........u what we call in the hood a mark or a buster.
man that would mean the whole hood is marks and busters, I know its nothin but pistol packers where I grew up at. You take guns away and ppl are gonna kill each other with other means, I dont know why yall cant see that. We take guns from criminals and take their freedom at the same time and they still kill rival gang members in prison. Its common sense yall.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » August 21st, 2005, 5:02 pm

But not at the rate of with a gun.............cant u see the death toll will go down........no it want stop all killings but the number of deaths will go down .Dont be afraid to stand alone with out the gun.Try something new..............we see the results that guns have had from hood 2hoods the death tolls............look at the movie Cooly High and Boys In The Hood both had deaths in them But there were a lot more in Boys In The Hood....the biggest reason the gun.....Cooly High was in an era when u went head up...........like men.Boys is when cowards started shooting out of cars and for any reason.Take the gun out of Boys In The Hood.....you got Cooly High.maybe if you compare them movies u better understand. and by the way most people in the hood dont carry guns......just cowards who run in pack. or people who think the GUN IS GONNA SAVE MY LIFE.....FROM THE COWARDS......U SCARED...THEY SCARED...HEY IF U GOT TO CARRY A GUN TO GO SOME WHERE....THAT A SIGN NOT TO GO THEIR.....FIND SOMEPLACE TO GO THAT U DONT HAVE TO CARRY A GUN.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » September 6th, 2005, 4:26 am

lonewolf wrote:
jae wrote: The deconstruction of gun manufacturing should take place all across this globe. Guns were, and are simply designed to physically hurt, and kill.

Aside from all that, i'm oldschool with mines, and i believe that if i have a problem with you, than i'll bring it to your face, and address my issue, if i have to. Guns are for punks... if you dont like me for whatever silly reason you done worked up in your mind, and you wanna kill me, see me from the shoulders.... no guns, no knives, no bats, no weapons, striaght up, man-to-man. Ididnt always think this way, i was like alot of y'all in here, gun totin', smokin barells and all that. But now, I dont believe in striking a man anymore, but i WILL defend myself, no doubt.[/quote]

Guns are designed as weapons, be they for self defense or offensive purposes, just like everything else, it has two sides.

A Godly person, be they from ancient times or the current age, would only use these weapons for the protection of life, and from those who wish to impose their own will upon "free man".

America and the world for that matter are brainwashed, that I do agree, and fear reigns supreme, but who will put down their weapons 1st ?

Guns are for punks, and valiant valor for the honest brave, but we are not in a perfect world where just being good prevails over situations.

Old school - straight up, I AGREE; in priciple this looks good, however, even and fair matches you find only in the pro-boxing world, because for the most part it is not what you see out there; there is always some kind or sort of uneveness, be that in size, experience, age, or whathave you.

Therefore, how does one even up the match?
I believe that the match is even when both men decide NOT to strike/attack one another. Harmony is even. People will always say "i won't put my gun down because those who dont like me will still hold theres", but I say, be a leader, stop fearing, and take control of your own life. Those holding a weapon cannot speak of peace sincerely. Actions speak louder than words. Guns should have been banned before they even came out, but i do however understand the ways of the devil. Fear, manipulation, and deception is his way. In this country, we've gotten so close to the devil's ways that we look down on those who are peaceful, as being "soft", or "weak". I wish guns didnt exist....

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 6th, 2005, 9:51 am

Good debate. But you know what, I rec that if all the guns were taken off the streets, then the murder/death rate would fall. Here in London, guns can only be found illegaly, there aint no gun shops anywhere, all on the underground. And beacause of our strong anti-gun laws, the murder rate is much lower than comparably sized cities in the States. But our assault rate is higher, much higher, they just dont result in death - why? cos boys in these ends use fists or (sadly) a knife culture in the main. Course people get killed but its a matter of rate and when theres guns all over, then murda all over will surely follow.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » September 8th, 2005, 9:06 am

Stop right their ...............i guess the murder and death rate would fall.........of course it would......thats one way of saving lives and keeping individuals of staying alive and free.George Bush should read this u can never kill youre enemy......cause they will all ways be someone to replace him...................And the GOAL of war is to win...not kill.

AhmaCare
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AhmaCare » September 10th, 2005, 1:27 am

people need weapons to protect themselves...i dont agree with you jae...if u are on the street and somebody trigger gun on your son or somebody that is near u...u would say we all belive in god we dont need weapons...? i dont think so u would do anything to protect you and your family...