What Is It You Want To do With Your Life? Job/Friend/travel?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: What Is It You Want To do With Your Life? Job/Friend/tra

Unread post by Common Sense » March 25th, 2005, 12:58 am

BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Graduate College and get a succesful job after that.
Be sure you take the right degree program in college. Some programs don't have a great job out look, and your stuck paying back student loans from a not so good paying job. Choosing the right degree program is extremely important especially in todays economy.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 4th, 2005, 8:49 pm

I wonder if any of you guys have reached your goals, or at least, are in the process of making life changes.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » May 5th, 2005, 11:27 am

Common Sense wrote:I wonder if any of you guys have reached your goals, or at least, are in the process of making life changes.
reaching my goal. One year left at university and then off to work with Urban Regeneration companies. They fucced my housing estates (projects) up so much when i was a kid and never did anything useful for us. When i work my way to this job im gonna make sure my people get the regeneration they deserve, something hopeful and promising for the youth is where im gonna start.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 6th, 2005, 3:00 am

Hell...I wanna join Purplecityhello man, a crib off the coast of Trinidad sounds chillllled! Do it, eat fish, be merry.

Or, I wanna live in a horse drawn caravan 'n dance round a fire with dark 'n hairy naked gypsy babes who dont shave into brazilians for an old school boy and....whoa..gettin carried away here.......

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » May 6th, 2005, 3:11 am

Noog wrote:Hell...I wanna join Purplecityhello man, a crib off the coast of Trinidad sounds chillllled! Do it, eat fish, be merry.

Or, I wanna live in a horse drawn caravan 'n dance round a fire with dark 'n hairy naked gypsy babes who dont shave into brazilians for an old school boy and....whoa..gettin carried away here.......
lmfao. Anyone ever seen the film 'I Got The Hook Up'?. I wanna retire at the back of that television shop with John Witherspoon and them fine ladies.

Bo$$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bo$$ » May 6th, 2005, 6:41 am

Maybe go to holland where i lived for 4 years, smoke hash in the morning, smoke weed in the afternoon, fuck sum hos at night, then smoke anotha pound of weed....LEGALLY nigga.

No seriously, its hard to say what ima do later on..i aint graduated so i guess its either gonna be workin at walmart an shit or just do it the hustla way. Hard to say.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 6th, 2005, 8:26 am

Bo$$ wrote:No seriously, its hard to say what ima do later on..i aint graduated so i guess its either gonna be workin at walmart an shit or just do it the hustla way. Hard to say.
Get your GED man and go to trade school. You'll make a lot more in the end.

PS Work part time at Wal Mart while your doing all this.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » May 6th, 2005, 8:38 am

I love travelling. There's a lot of countries I still want to visit. I've looked into volunteering in a lot of places but it costs a fortune. I thought agencies would be happy to find people willing to help build houses etc. in poor African communities, but they charge money. Some places will only accept licenced engineers and stuff, and most charge 3-4 thousand just for the privelage of helping people.

I've also looked into teaching English to kids in Ethiopia, but I don't have the right credentials.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 6th, 2005, 9:31 am

Helms wrote:I love travelling. I thought agencies would be happy to find people willing to help build houses etc. in poor African communities, but they charge money. Some places will only accept licenced engineers and stuff, and most charge 3-4 thousand just for the privelage of helping people.
I've also looked into teaching English to kids in Ethiopia, but I don't have the right credentials.
Keep searching for agencies. I have never heard of an agency charging volunteers to help the needed. These people sound more like travel agents looking for indentured servants. Try some of the religous agencies or main international groups. There is a job for you out there somewhere.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 9th, 2005, 2:39 am

I dream of leaving London and living with my Traveller bretherin in the Countryside! Live on land, make sculpture, make babies, grow my own sustinance, eat, drink, be merry and give thanks.

I been working last eight years with boys who have ended up on their face (gang issues, homelessness, crime, mental health, trauma) and young refugees(PTSD/Trauma, immigration issues, displacement) and every issue it brings to me and I'm TIRED to my soul! Give me Gypsy music (and hip hop, and reggae, and hell, Ill just take the lot) and a dose of freedom for a season!

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » May 10th, 2005, 10:43 am

GET RICH AND FINALLY ONE DAY MOVE OUT OF THE HOOD, AND JUST STAY REAL TO MYSELF AND FAMILY, AND JUST DIE PEACEFULLY, AND GET MY DEGRESS IM WORKING ON NOW, AND A MEET MY GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER IN HEAVEN IF I MAKE THERE, TRUE STORY.3X

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 10th, 2005, 11:20 am

^^^Good plan and very doable.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 2nd, 2005, 11:42 am

I think this summer I'm going to try to eat at some new restaurants, meet new people, and chill at the beach a few times.

luis x
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by luis x » June 2nd, 2005, 8:43 pm

i wanna graduate from high school and be a pro baseball player so i can look at the people that always been telling me i aint gon amount to nuttin and fucking laugh in they face and bring my brothers and sistas and cousins and uncles and my whole family from cuba and show em a new world aside from the poverty and hunger and struggles and violence that goes on out there and i really wanna become someone in my life apart from baseball i wanna make some outta my self and if i graduate ill be the first one outta my fam to graduate from high school so that be big mayn and to all yall thats going threw struggles just like pac said "keep ya head up", and threw every night theres a brigther day

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 2nd, 2005, 9:00 pm

luis x wrote:i wanna graduate from high school and be a pro baseball player so i can look at the people that always been telling me i aint gon amount to nuttin day
Hang in there Luis. Take it one day at a time. Go to class everyday, get help in subjects you find difficult, and you will graduate. If you are not on the high school baseball team, you can always strive to play on a team at junior college and move your way up. Great goals always start with a dream. Never stop dreaming, never stop trying, because someday Luis you will make it.

luis x
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by luis x » June 2nd, 2005, 10:08 pm

acctually mayn am supposed to be in it but my grades from last year mess me up mayn but i been stayin outta trouble outta school and gettin work on with the books and am working my way up mayn and big ups for the support mayn

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 6th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Common Sense wrote: Teachers are in great demand
Not quite true i heard that there was a huge surplus of hopefuls trying to become history teachers but there arent enough jobs for them

Sk8punk

Unread post by Sk8punk » June 10th, 2005, 4:50 pm

End my studiing in ART, become a free artist. Later, marry my girl and maybe have a child.

Simple Things, that's the way I want them to be. Become happy.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 11th, 2005, 2:18 pm

I got no ideas no more.I `ll try to realize those I had before.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 16th, 2005, 7:21 am

GREAT thread Commonsense!

To anyone that wants to graduate highschool, congratulations.
Even if you dropped out, the GED is equal to a highschool diploma, and will get you into a college easy.

GO TO COLLEGE! It will be your key to the world if you do. Find what it is you want to do, and go for it.

Im already almost 30, so I cant say "when I grow up"... LOL

However, I would like to retire in Cancun. I have acheived much of my goals in life and am very happy.

Im married, I have a great son, I started my gym here in Chicago from scratch, I have trained MANY successful fighters, 3 have gone to Pride Fighting in Japan, 8 have fought in UFC 4 got contracts. I get a genorous amount of those 4 guy's contracts, I have done pro wrestling for 9 years, traveled the world with it. My only goal now, is to retire in Cancun. It will be a while but.......

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 16th, 2005, 2:50 pm

wow, something to be jealous on ;) but only if i didnt knew that i have get my own shit done.
but still, much respect mick.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 16th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Thanks brother.

SeriaKilla
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SeriaKilla » June 23rd, 2005, 9:06 pm

I just live it day to day, making sure I learn or experience something new on a daily basis. I try and do right and stand firm on the things I believe in.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 23rd, 2005, 9:26 pm

^^^^ Thats f*ckin awesome brother. I respect that alot.

SeriaKilla
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SeriaKilla » June 24th, 2005, 7:43 am

MICK wrote:^^^^ Thats f*ckin awesome brother. I respect that alot.
Thanks man.

Being older, like yourself, I'm just glad I can look back and be relatively content with my life so far. Theres not much else to "grow up" to, but you can always learn and expand yourself as a person.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 24th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Thats exactly right. Where are you from brother?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 24th, 2005, 7:42 pm

MICK wrote:GREAT thread Commonsense!

Im married, I have a great son, I started my gym here in Chicago from scratch, I have trained MANY successful fighters, 3 have gone to Pride Fighting in Japan, 8 have fought in UFC 4 got contracts. I get a genorous amount of those 4 guy's contracts, I have done pro wrestling for 9 years, traveled the world with it. My only goal now, is to retire in Cancun. It will be a while but.......
Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure you will make it happen with your street knowledge and entreprenuer spirit, by the way thanks for the compliment Mick.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 24th, 2005, 8:17 pm

Yea, no problem brother. Your one of the few guys here that contributes positively. Im glad your around boss.

Rymez_Nz_221
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rymez_Nz_221 » June 24th, 2005, 8:50 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:i wanna be elite in what ever i do,,, but its hard to get places when you don't have money to back your dreams.
i like fast cars, scuba diving, rock climbing, i would like to go sky diving, snow boarding and to travel the world. i want to become a snake expert which would be a very elite job to have, move to australia and live in the bush.
those are my dreams, some ive accomplished some i have yet to even attempt.
i live in australia, you guy's might all think its kangaroo's n shit, rofl, but we DO have ghetto's here but insted of filled with african american's its lebonease, asian and islanders..

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 24th, 2005, 9:20 pm

there are ghettos everywhere brother. Its part of society. The fact that its all Leboneese, asians and islanders is interesting though.

SeriaKilla
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SeriaKilla » June 25th, 2005, 11:22 am

MICK wrote:Thats exactly right. Where are you from brother?
I'm from all over but the south is where my heart is.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 25th, 2005, 7:18 pm

Oh yea? I lived in Atlanta for a couple of years. Where in the south are you from?