People Who Steal Cars?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: People Who Steal Cars?

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 9th, 2005, 9:36 pm

Common Sense wrote:
WhiteBoy wrote:one of my home boy's got hemmed up for steal cars one night... hes a retard now. oh well.
What happened to him?
basically he was going down a hill and hit some rail road tracks going to fast, that knocked him out and lost control, bounced off a bridge railing, hit a corvette, ramped over that, hit a 2.5 ton truck and was wedged between that and a building.... they had to use the jaws of life to get him out of the cavalier and life flighted him to the ICU. spent some weeks and months in a coma, finally came out of the coma,,, really really slow and not mentally with it any more.
and his face is like that of chuckies after he got stitched back together. i havn't messed around with gta ever since.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 10th, 2005, 11:21 am

WhiteBoy wrote: i havn't messed around with gta ever since.
That's cool.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 10th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Decoy Cars Are New Weapons Against Car Theft for Metro Police

Posted: 2/4/2005 6:29:00 PM

It's one of the biggest crimes in Middle Tennessee, but now, police have a new weapon against car thieves.

Now, officials are catching suspects in the act. Detective Billy Brewer has video of one unlucky thief from a decoy car. “Now he's moving with it he realizes something's wrong. He tries to kick out the glass. Then he goes, ‘You got me’. Blue lights all around,” said Brewer as he described the video.

Police say one man they caught in the act had 41 prior arrests. This time, he tried to steal a decoy car. It drives a few feet. Then police shut off the engine. The door locks and the thief is trapped. Police released the tape because the thief has already been prosecuted. Detective Brewer catches car thieves and he's thrilled Metro Police have these new decoy cars.

“We can't show the decoy cars, but we can tell you since Metro started using them auto theft is down by 12% over last year. And this holiday season, car theft in malls was down 50%,” said Brewer. Incredibly, Metro doesn't even pay for the decoy cars. They're a gift from insurance companies. “They would much rather spend money on some decoy cars and have overall claims be down as a whole,” added Brewer. Insurance agent Jim Murphy says the cars keep premiums low for all of us.

Detective Brewer loves the new high tech toy. It finally gives thieves reason to worry. Metro Police won't say how many decoy cars they have.

The insurance industry thinks they've been such a success that it is providing police departments with more.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 23rd, 2005, 3:45 am

Grass in UK = Informer / squealer / rat etc

Trailer Park type folk in Estates in London! Ha, kind of...but all over the country too. Not trailer park though, just poor white, what would have been working class at one time, but now underclass since Margaret Thatcher left us with her community mashing legacy. Poverty hurts human beings, regardless of ethnicity. London, like LA or NYC or wherever, is a tale of two cities, rich and poor. Poverty doesnt care about skin colour. And why do many Americans mock 'trailer park people'? As far as I understand, they are another reflection of America'a tale of two continents, representing the have-nots. Viva the peaceful revolution of our deepest hearts - that ghettos become history, that trailer parks become history, that crime ridden estates and projects become history. Why? Cos human beings are always worth more and we've got a world of riches to share.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 24th, 2005, 4:51 pm

I don't have a problem with the poor class regardles of ethnicity, but I do hate car thieves. I've known so many people whose cars have been jacked/stolen and they were just devasted. All in the name of fun (for the most part), these were not high end auto's.

So when I see a fool on TV gettin' his arse kicked by the police after he just stole somebody's car, I'm the last person marching down to city hall in protest. I think it's all good.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » May 24th, 2005, 5:08 pm

i dont agree with joyrides and car thiefs. i lost too many friends when i was at school cos of this

RIP Sarah, 14; Jason, 16; Nicky, 15; Jenna; 16

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » May 24th, 2005, 5:34 pm

stealing cars isnt gangsta

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 26th, 2005, 6:26 pm

someone tried stealing my bro's car when he was watching lol

my bro used his size to his advantage

the guy was trying to use a clotheshanger to open the door and my bro walks right up to him and says"need help because im the owner of this pos"

dunno why someone would go after a pos 67 ford

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 26th, 2005, 6:29 pm

^^^AAHH HA HA HA!!

Dude must have shit his pants!

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 26th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Dr Funky wrote:^^^AAHH HA HA HA!!

Dude must have shit his pants!
my bro is not a violent guy. He was strong as hell before he got in a car accident and busted his head. He used to be a gymnastic instructor. When he was sent to I believe a hospital somewere near the valley, he broke out of hospital restraints (and to make a long story short) hit a nurse with his knee and they basically tie him to thicker restraints and people

lol yeah Dr Funky the guy was pretty scared but my bro gave him a chance to run

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 26th, 2005, 6:59 pm

A friend of mine had a van back in the day. He had parked in front of a friends house that he was visiting. He realized that he had forgotten something in his van so he went back to go get it. As he approached his vehicle, he noticed someones butt was sticking out of the passegers door. He walked up real quiet, and noticed a dude trying to pull out his radio.

Unfortunately my friend reacts first, then thinks about consequences. He grabs the guy and starts to beat him senseless. The guys mother comes out of her house a few lot's downs and tries to defend her son. Cops got involved, it was a mess. I think the guy was a teenager.

Rope-A-Dope
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rope-A-Dope » May 27th, 2005, 3:40 pm

2 Common Sense
Its obvious you have always had money im not sayin you rich but u prolly had you a car as soon as you turned 16.but understand as a person who has nuthin has to walk everywhere,catch a bus,wait on a ride that shit makes you go crazy trust me.sometimes you have to look at it both ways homie

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 27th, 2005, 3:46 pm

they have on-star now

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 27th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Rope-A-Dope wrote:2 Common Sense
Its obvious you have always had money im not sayin you rich but u prolly had you a car as soon as you turned 16.but understand as a person who has nuthin has to walk everywhere,catch a bus,wait on a ride that shit makes you go crazy trust me.sometimes you have to look at it both ways homie
Rope-A-Dope, I had to work for mines too. I walked, rode the bus, skateboard, bicycle, and bummed rides back in the day. Yea strollin on your two feet will make you crazy sometimes, but it doesn't make you as crazy as when you sacrificed your time to get yourself a little hoopty, and somebody rolls up and steal your ride. Most of the time, you don't find out until you really need the car (like work, hospital, emergencies, school etc.).

If you are one of those cats who had to scrap to get the car in the first place, and only could afford liability insurance,....... then your just arsed out. Then you gotta start from scratch if they never find the car or they find the car totally stripped. It is the most F-up feeling you could ever possibly imagine.

If the police do find the car in one piece (usually stolen by joy riders), then you have to come up with a grip of cash just to get it out of police impound. Many fools end up losing their car at the auction because they couldn't afford to get it out. Just because somebody felt like they were entitled to come out of the blue and F-up your day, because they didn't want to walk.

Stealing somebody's car is extremely selfish and F-up. That hurts people deep in the pocket.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » August 3rd, 2005, 8:50 pm

coming from someone who was involved in the car stealing lifestyle, as a way to get paid, i'd say that stealing cars is no different than selling drugs. People get screwed, people get payed. Thats the nature of business, in all relaity. I'm not saying i'm about stealing cars now, but i understand the mentality. It's a hustle. It's a way to eat. I was never into joyriding, as many people think it's for. Many cars are stolen to do other crimes. I've never had my car stolen, though people close to me have. All we really did wass laugh at it though, because i know my day is coming, what comes around, goes around. I dont value materials to even care if it got stolen now, i'd just get another one or whatever. You do what you have to do in life to get by.

I'm all about being non-violent, peacfuel and helping people now so of course i'm against car theft, or stealing ANYTHING in general, but when it comes to a world thats ALL about money, you'll continue to have these wrong, but understandable crimes.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 25th, 2007, 2:45 am

I am still looking for my Mustang 5.0, stolen in 2004 and disappeared.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 25th, 2007, 6:58 pm

I recently found out my dad used to steal cars

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 27th, 2007, 2:34 pm

u have to put urself in the jackers position he mite be poor and mite need to feed his kids.

besides sellin drugs in a large amount, stealin a car is a good way to make fast money

especially a mustang, n'em european cars

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » May 27th, 2007, 4:05 pm

jae wrote:coming from someone who was involved in the car stealing lifestyle, as a way to get paid, i'd say that stealing cars is no different than selling drugs. People get screwed, people get payed. Thats the nature of business, in all relaity.
True. When I was younger I used to steal cars a lot (something between 100-200). Besides that we stole car stereos, rims, and basically anything you can steal from the car and sell.

There was no other reason for that but the money. I didn't have money so I made it by stealing. And I think it still was a better way to make money than sell drugs or rob houses that most of my friends did at that time.

If people are poor, they come up with something. That's how it goes.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 28th, 2007, 5:15 pm

I'm sure you have your pride Alonso but it sounds like it's long gone. I'd rather lose a car than an eye or the use of a limb. I can write off a car. In the overall scheme of things it's not that big of a deal (especially if you carry comprehensive and not straight liability with your auto insurance).
alexalonso wrote:I am still looking for my Mustang 5.0, stolen in 2004 and disappeared.