De La Hoya vs. Mayweather .

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Black Top
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Black Top » January 30th, 2007, 12:06 pm

as long as mayweather stick and move he'll win. even though de la hoya is gettin older? he's got more power than floyd on the inside game....

Texasboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Texasboy » January 30th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Freddie Roach will be Oscar's Trainer

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 30th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Texasboy wrote:Freddie Roach will be Oscar's Trainer
Is it official now , that Roach will train De La Hoya ?

I read that Oscar approached F. Roach to train him in the past and this was when Mayweather Sr. was still training Oscar .

Texasboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Texasboy » January 30th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Oscar De La Hoya officially announced to the media during a live telephone conference call that Freddie Roach will train him for the May 5 defense of his WBC junior middleweight title against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

check out the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/6425062

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » January 30th, 2007, 9:02 pm

PELON wrote:AS YOU GUYS CAN SEE BLACKS GOIN FOR MAYWEATHER AND HISPANICS GOIN FOR DE LA HOYA...... :twisted:
lol

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 30th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Texasboy wrote:Oscar De La Hoya officially announced to the media during a live telephone conference call that Freddie Roach will train him for the May 5 defense of his WBC junior middleweight title against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

check out the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/6425062
Thanks for the Information / Link .

If Roach guides Oscar to a Win , Freddy's stock , goes way up .

Texasboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Texasboy » January 30th, 2007, 11:42 pm

^^Yea No Prob.

that so Tru that If Oscar wins, Then Freddies Stock will go Up Much higher then it is now.

But i think Floyd gonna do the damn thang & put Oscar on his Ass.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » January 31st, 2007, 12:37 am

Freddie already has one of the highest stocks he usto train heavyweight champs Michael Moorer and Mike tyson, now he trains James Toney and one of the best pound for pound fighters Pacqiuo , Oscar picked Freddie because there both from the same city and his already credentials in boxing.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » January 31st, 2007, 8:16 am

PELON wrote:AS YOU GUYS CAN SEE BLACKS GOIN FOR MAYWEATHER AND HISPANICS GOIN FOR DE LA HOYA...... :twisted:
:twisted: you might have a point, but if it was Miguel Cotto V.s. Floyd I'd say Cotto. It's a age/Midwest/speed thing for me.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » January 31st, 2007, 11:45 am

Bearfan wrote:
:twisted: you might have a point, but if it was Miguel Cotto V.s. Floyd I'd say Cotto. It's a age/Midwest/speed thing for me.
You are dumb LOL Cotto is no where near Floyd in speed or anything and dont forget floyd isnt old so age doesnt matter Cotto a above average fighter who has yet to fight anyone worth mentioning on notable wins and he got floured twice against a nobody few fights ago , Floyd would end his career, come on now...

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » January 31st, 2007, 2:18 pm

Past wrote:
Bearfan wrote:
You are dumb LOL Cotto is no where near Floyd in speed or anything and dont forget floyd isnt old so age doesnt matter Cotto a above average fighter who has yet to fight anyone worth mentioning on notable wins and he got floured twice against a nobody few fights ago , Floyd would end his career, come on now...
What? Don't act like Floyd can't have a bad night, if he doesn't retire quick like I heard he can lose. Trying to act like he's untouchable or something.That would be a better fight imo because of age. I wasn't trying to say cotto had more speed than him, I'm just saying I'd pick Cotto in that fight. When I was reffering to speed I was talking about Floyd vs Oscar, my bad.I don't see Hatton beating Floyd, or Margarito.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 31st, 2007, 5:48 pm

[/quote]

You are dumb LOL Cotto is no where near Floyd in speed or anything and dont forget floyd isnt old so age doesnt matter Cotto a above average fighter who has yet to fight anyone worth mentioning on notable wins and he got floured twice against a nobody few fights ago , Floyd would end his career, come on now...[/quote]

I agree with most of what you have to say PAST , but i dont think Mayweather would end Cotto's career.

Right now Mayweather is, the very best boxer thats fighting.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 31st, 2007, 8:31 pm

oso1 wrote:
You are dumb LOL Cotto is no where near Floyd in speed or anything and dont forget floyd isnt old so age doesnt matter Cotto a above average fighter who has yet to fight anyone worth mentioning on notable wins and he got floured twice against a nobody few fights ago , Floyd would end his career, come on now...[/quote]

I agree with most of what you have to say PAST , but i dont think Mayweather would end Cotto's career.

Right now Mayweather is, the very best boxer thats fighting.[/quote]

Pacquiao is more exciting and daring.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 31st, 2007, 11:56 pm

George wrote:
oso1 wrote:

Right now Mayweather is, the very best boxer thats fighting.[/quote]

Pacquiao is more exciting and daring.[/quote]

Manny Paquiao gets hit too much , i dont like his style, he looks all off balance and awkward.

I like more of the techinical fighters, like Mayweather,Judah and
De La Hoya .

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » February 6th, 2007, 5:56 pm

The fight between Oscar and Floyd will be interesting. Both great fighters,
one(Golden Boy) in the twilight of his career, while the other(Pretty Boy)
is dead smack in his prime. It'll be Oscar's size and strength versus Floyd's superior speed of hand/foot and much better all around boxing skills. We all know how great Floyd is, what we dont know is how great Oscar still is. Oscar really hasnt fought anyone lately(Mayorga was tailor made for him and Bernard was just too big and too crafty) to see how much he really has left. One thing is sure, it's Floyd most dangerous fight
to date. That said, I think Floyd wins a comfortable decision.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 8th, 2007, 10:56 pm

I hope Mayweather kicks dela's ass! :x

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 17th, 2007, 2:44 pm

I'm going for Hoya, just so Mayweather can shut his damn mouth. If you look at every single fight, Mayweather really never fought anyone great. All of the figthers were either prospects, decent fighters, or scrubs. Hoya has made a career of fighting against the best.

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » February 25th, 2007, 5:05 am

mayweather is quck but anyone who knows about boxing knows when u gain weight u lose speed and he will feel the power difference. but mayweather might be able to get in oscars head if he runs. i see the fight going 9 or 10 rounds i see oscar working the body and wearing him down. and ending in a knockout. does anyone remember when julio cesar chavez whipped his dads azz? its gonna be the same game.

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » February 25th, 2007, 5:08 am

mayweather is gonna lose speed gainking weight and he is gonna feel how hard a powerful 154 lb fighter hits. i see oscar working the body and ending in a knockout in the 9th or 10th round. anyone remember when julio cesar chavez beat the hell out of his dad? its gonna be the same game.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 7th, 2007, 10:27 am

it should be one hell of a fight but i hope floyd wins

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » March 7th, 2007, 1:14 pm

mr 503 wrote:mayweather is gonna lose speed gainking weight and he is gonna feel how hard a powerful 154 lb fighter hits. i see oscar working the body and ending in a knockout in the 9th or 10th round. anyone remember when julio cesar chavez beat the hell out of his dad? its gonna be the same game.
that was not his father, it was his uncle Roger Mayweather, whom has been training Floyd j.r.

Even though Roger M. trains his nephew Floyd j.r., they dont have the same fighting style.

Well, i just cant see how oscar is going to win this one.

Floyd j.r. is too fast, accurate, young, etc. etc.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » March 7th, 2007, 3:30 pm

YOU DONT FIGHT A MEXICAN ON MAY 5 ARE YOU CRAZY

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

pretty boy is the best

Unread post by Stone » March 9th, 2007, 10:11 am

Oscar has heart and will come out swinging but........ the scrap won't last long and mayweather will beat his head in by the 6th round. Hoya will either get KO'd or the ref will stop it. Ain't nobody winning against floyd right now. I would like to see him fight miguel cotto next. Keep yo eyes open for this new nig Berto at 147.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 31st, 2007, 10:02 am

no matter who wins lots of niggas will lose money on that night

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » March 31st, 2007, 10:27 am

I just read it on the net somewhere, that Floyd sr. had trained his son Floyd jr. for a couple of weeks, but now Jr is bringing back his uncle Roger Mayweather to train him for his fight.

there are no hard feelings between either of them Sr. or Jr. its just floyd prefers to have his uncle to train him.

Also Shane Mosley will be sparring with De La Hoya, to help Oscar prepare for his fight with Floyd.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Re: pretty boy is the best

Unread post by ~J~ » April 12th, 2007, 11:53 am

Stone wrote:Oscar has heart and will come out swinging but........ the scrap won't last long and mayweather will beat his head in by the 6th round. Hoya will either get KO'd or the ref will stop it. Ain't nobody winning against floyd right now. I would like to see him fight miguel cotto next. Keep yo eyes open for this new nig Berto at 147.
Pretty bold statement there!! Mayweather is moving up in weight, we will see how he deals at that weight. De La Hoya has fought at/around that weight for some years. I think Oscar should have this fight by decision, maybe KO. if Oscar happens to lose... it will be by close decision, furthermore... I don't see Mayweather hurting Oscar let alone knocking him out.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 23rd, 2007, 2:30 pm

creativemind wrote:This is a hard ass fight to call. Oscar has made a career out of beating up little dudes (Paez, Leija, Chavez) because he knew these dudes couldn't hurt him. Plus they was all past their prime when he fought 'em, so it was a speed factor in his favor. With PBF, he got good defense and every time Oscar throws a punch he'll catch a counter.

I don't think Floyd will KO Oscar, but I think he'll win a decision the same way Shane did. The only thing is him being able to deal with Oscar's punch, because Oscar can still crack.
yeah, this is a hard fight to call, but I will go with decision to Oscar over Floyd, because Oscar will be the bigger and stronger fighter, at 154 Floyd will not have the power to hurt Oscar, and with Oscar's defense that will be even more difficult, and once Floyd tastes the leather of one of Oscar's puches, he will be on the retreat for the fight. It will be close, but the edge to Oscar.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » April 23rd, 2007, 6:59 pm

what is so hard about it may 5th mexican dude fight national holiday i have said it upteen times you dont fight a mexican dude on may 5th fuc it fight may 4th or may 6th but never may 5th thats too much of an emotional edge not ta mention the spirit of an entire country manifested through 12ounce boxing gloves its just alot to over come

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » April 23rd, 2007, 9:40 pm

Yo Alonso, I'll put up $1,000 that Floyd will whoop Oscar's Ass.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 23rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Yo Alonso, I'll put up $1,000 that Floyd will whoop Oscar's Ass.
i am not a betting man, but you should lay that grand down in Vegas and see what happens. You should bet $1,000 that Floyd knocks out Oscar. What would be the odds on that?

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » April 24th, 2007, 2:42 am

SAINTJAYMES wrote:what is so hard about it may 5th mexican dude fight national holiday i have said it upteen times you dont fight a mexican dude on may 5th fuc it fight may 4th or may 6th but never may 5th thats too much of an emotional edge not ta mention the spirit of an entire country manifested through 12ounce boxing gloves its just alot to over come
No matter what De La Hoya does, Mayweather feels he can beat him.

They will fight at 154lbs., use 10oz. reyes boxing gloves, and fight on Cinco De Mayo, all this Oscar feels is to his advantage.

I give Floyd a lot of credit, hes givin Oscar everything he wants, Floyd really wants this fight.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » April 24th, 2007, 9:16 pm

SouljaGang wrote:i dunno bout delahoya because wen theres a challange he always lost twice to mosely and to hopkins and mayweather got the reflexes of a cat he hella raw
Yeah, Oscar loss to Mosley, maybe twice depending on who you ask. Oscar & Shane are pretty evenly matched. Mosley is bigger, faster, stronger etc... than Mayweather. Oscar was too small to deal with a true Middleweight like Hopkins. I think it's Oscar fight to lose vs. Mayweather.