(NBA) Gilbert arenas

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

(NBA) Gilbert arenas

Unread post by Qdawg » January 16th, 2007, 7:05 am

washington wizards guard...2nd in the league in PPG....i mean what more can i say..hes a beast

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 16th, 2007, 7:46 am

arenas/nash co-mvp.

Black Top
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Black Top » January 16th, 2007, 11:04 am

doesn't get enough respect. he's playin with a chip on his shoulder.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 16th, 2007, 3:07 pm

if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 16th, 2007, 3:14 pm

[quote="Qdawg"]if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team[/quote]

& i still say he bust kobe's azz :!:

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 16th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Qdawg wrote:if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team
That shit is real. They all on Nash dick, for handing out assists. How people give him credit for another dude droppin' a 3??? He do what he do, but he can't take no game over the way Arenas, Kobe, D Wade, Lebron, AI, etc.... can. If his teammates ain't hittin' their shots, they lose. Period.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 16th, 2007, 4:26 pm

people hating on nash and the suns are just jelous. nash leads his team to about 110 points a game. him, amare, and marion are the real deal. then add diaw, bell, barbosa, and jones. they to know how ball. stop hating.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 16th, 2007, 4:52 pm

im actually a big time phoenix suns fan(since they had kevin johnson & my man barkley,& thunder dan majerle)...im just saying outta the 2 if it balled down to nash & arenas they would pick nash..bottomline...they look at what certain players do to contribute to they team even though i think some look at the players personal stats...nash is 1 of the top assist man in the league

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 16th, 2007, 4:55 pm

se11 wrote:people hating on nash and the suns are just jelous. nash leads his team to about 110 points a game. him, amare, and marion are the real deal. then add diaw, bell, barbosa, and jones. they to know how ball. stop hating.
Ain't nuthin' to jealous of. They ain't won nothing. They NBA just want to promote Nash, but they know damn well he ain't the best player in the league. He damn near lost the playoff series against the Lakers for them, letting Smush pick his pocket. He ain't really step up in that series. Barbosa and Tim Thomas was the ones doing real work.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 16th, 2007, 5:51 pm

your just mad cause arenas aint getting it and his team isnt going anywhere. lets not forget who missed 2 free throws in the playoffs to loose their series to the cavs.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » January 16th, 2007, 9:11 pm

This is one of the reasons IMO sports is garbage. What has washington done lately? Will they be in the hunt for the title?? And there in the garbage east too!!

Here's a quote from arenas after that game last night. He summed it up well about the his scoring, and how how early it is, and how kobe did what he did last year and still didn't get the mvp. I

Gilbert Arenas- "MVP? That trophy is given out at the end of the year," Arenas said. "This is [37] games into the season so you can't do too much about it...."

"Right now, Steve Nash is above everybody. You have to really do something dramatic in this league. If Kobe averages 35 with an 81 and he didn't get it, you have to do something else in this league to overtake what Steve Nash has done."

**I dont agree with the nash for mvp either but I feel what he saying. If what kobe did last year didnt get him the mvp, what will?

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 16th, 2007, 9:35 pm

For those that don't know, the NBA has always had tendency to actively promote it's white players whenever possible. The formula seems to be, "If you got the right complexion, you only have to be half as good to get twice as much credit.

Say what you want, but as far as I'm concerned, ANYBODY who thinks that John Stockton was as good as Isiah Thomas must be on LSD. There was absolutely NOTHING that Stockton could do that Isiah couldn't. And there was no way that Stockton could take over games the way Isiah could. 16 point in 1minute 33 seconds in a playoff games says it all. Not to mention him dropping 44 in Stockton's mug after getting snubbed for the Olympic team. Stockton's teams never won a championship, despite him having another Hall of Famer on his team. Isiah won two with a team that was really him and 7 role players. But people act like Stockton was on his level.

The same is true with Nash. Everything he does is magnified because he's white. I'd bet a LOT of y'all don't even know who Tiny Archibald is, but go as your uncles and pops what he would have done to Steve Nash. He is the only guy to lead the team in scoring and assists in the same year, with 34 PPG and 11.4 APG. He didn't get the MVP, and people downplay him when they talk about the great point guards.

Steve Nash does what he coach's offensive philoshophy dictates. He penetrates and dishes to good shooters. When he leads his team to a championship doing that, then we can talk. Until then, he can't be spoken of in the same breath as players who can take over a game.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 16th, 2007, 10:40 pm

they turnin the nba white...steve nash eww i wuda picked lebron, kobe over him...steve nash twice in a row dats disgustin he jst rueined nba history

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 16th, 2007, 10:56 pm

Mcminister wrote:they turnin the nba white...steve nash eww i wuda picked lebron, kobe over him...steve nash twice in a row dats disgustin he jst rueined nba history
I keep tellin' people that. In about 10 years, the NBA is gonna be 60% Europeans. Their basic asses gon' be making all the money and the brothers is gon be on the And 1 bus, makin' 60k and doin' tricks.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 16th, 2007, 10:59 pm

hahahhahahh AND1 dem niggaz broke ass hell

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 16th, 2007, 11:01 pm

u ain allowed to hang on the rim no more
u ain allowed to shout too loud
u ain allow to where urban white sittin out
they change the ball so white people can shoot better
now the age is 20 to get in the nba niggaz ain gon make it to college god damn...
baragani WTF is that thing....1st round pick nigga please..sam mitchell smokin crack

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 16th, 2007, 11:14 pm

Mcminister wrote:u ain allowed to hang on the rim no more
u ain allowed to shout too loud
u ain allow to where urban white sittin out
they change the ball so white people can shoot better
now the age is 20 to get in the nba niggaz ain gon make it to college god damn...
baragani WTF is that thing....1st round pick nigga please..sam mitchell smokin crack

I knew what was comin' when they started allowing zones. The brothas was making too much money, and acting too wild. It was making the white season ticket holders nervous.

Raise the age, and keep the younguns out. A LOT of won't even make it through a year of college so they can make it to the league.

Put in a dress code, again to make players conform.

Petty techs, and they can start taxing dudes for acting up. Watch when the suspensions start getting handed out like peppermints.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 16th, 2007, 11:21 pm

they puttin all dese rules so we can get tired of playin the damn game,...so it wont be coo no more

we shud start our own NBA...niggaz basketball association
nahh mayybe the ABA shud come back n all the black people leave the nba to teach the commisioners a lesson

witout brotha's the nba is jst like net ball

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 16th, 2007, 11:47 pm

[quote="creativemind"][quote="Qdawg"]if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the [b]uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp [/b]title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team[/quote]

That shit is real. They all on Nash dick, for handing out assists.[/quote]

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » January 17th, 2007, 10:42 am

m actually a big time phoenix suns fan(since they had kevin johnson & my man barkley,& thunder dan majerle).
That's old-school right there Q...good shit. KJ was my man.

Nash is very good player. You can't take anything away from him as a player. MVP? He's not the MVP of the league.

John Stockton was the same type of guard. Never won any championships and NEVER won an MVP. But during that time, the NBA wasn't concerned about promoting it's white players, like now. Now the NBA is image driven and global marketing is the car. Steve Nash is the MVP because the league's season ticket holders are disproportiantly white, therefore you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Given the Pistons/Pacers brawl, Allen Iverson and the influence of hip-hop, white season ticket holders became uncomfortable and out of touch with today's players.

Think about it.

Just a few years ago, Grant Hill was the NBA's leading spokesman, premier vote-getter and lead the league in endorsements. Duke-educated, upper class background, pretty-boy looks. Then he's injured.....and injured.....and injured again. Now here comes Kobe Bryant. Educated, speaks fluent Italian, accepted to Duke had he gone to college, upper class background, well-spoken......Then goes to Colorado and fu-cks some tramp. He's found not guilty and conjured up memories of OJ.

White people had enough.

Then Stern implemented dress codes. Players were offended and white people counldn't understand why million-dollar athletes had a problem with dressing up while on the bench. Companies threatened to pull their luxury boxes, wealthy season-ticket holders threatened to cancel subscriptions. If you were a white man who needed to satisfy the demands of a well-heeled constituency, what would you do?.......

Ah, let's bring back the good-ol' days. Let's bring back a Bob Cousy-type.

Make Nash the MVP and keep the money rollin' in.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Mcminister wrote:they puttin all dese rules so we can get tired of playin the damn game,...so it wont be coo no more

we shud start our own NBA...niggaz basketball association
nahh mayybe the ABA shud come back n all the black people leave the nba to teach the commisioners a lesson

witout brotha's the nba is jst like net ball
see you just mad at nash.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 17th, 2007, 2:11 pm

epun wrote:
m actually a big time phoenix suns fan(since they had kevin johnson & my man barkley,& thunder dan majerle).
That's old-school right there Q...good shit. KJ was my man.

Nash is very good player. You can't take anything away from him as a player. MVP? He's not the MVP of the league.

John Stockton was the same type of guard. Never won any championships and NEVER won an MVP. But during that time, the NBA wasn't concerned about promoting it's white players, like now. Now the NBA is image driven and global marketing is the car. Steve Nash is the MVP because the league's season ticket holders are disproportiantly white, therefore you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Given the Pistons/Pacers brawl, Allen Iverson and the influence of hip-hop, white season ticket holders became uncomfortable and out of touch with today's players.

Think about it.

Just a few years ago, Grant Hill was the NBA's leading spokesman, premier vote-getter and lead the league in endorsements. Duke-educated, upper class background, pretty-boy looks. Then he's injured.....and injured.....and injured again. Now here comes Kobe Bryant. Educated, speaks fluent Italian, accepted to Duke had he gone to college, upper class background, well-spoken......Then goes to Colorado and fu-cks some tramp. He's found not guilty and conjured up memories of OJ.

White people had enough.

Then Stern implemented dress codes. Players were offended and white people counldn't understand why million-dollar athletes had a problem with dressing up while on the bench. Companies threatened to pull their luxury boxes, wealthy season-ticket holders threatened to cancel subscriptions. If you were a white man who needed to satisfy the demands of a well-heeled constituency, what would you do?.......

Ah, let's bring back the good-ol' days. Let's bring back a Bob Cousy-type.

Make Nash the MVP and keep the money rollin' in.
Yo, I'm glad that somebody is seeing this shit in a REAL perspective. NBA was cool while MJ was the face. As soon as he retired, and AI was the most popular player, execs started getting worried. Braids, white T's, saggin' jeans, boots, tats, etc.... and front row folks wasn't feelin' it.

David Stern tries to appease them as much as possible. He felt the need to rein some dudes in, so you get the dress codes, and all types of other shit. And when players complained, he was like, 'Fuck y'all. If you don't like it, we got a whole line of Euros ready to take your place."

When you hear people talking about the best players, some of the first names to come up are Nash and Dirk. Both are good, but neither is in the class with Kobe, LeBron, D Wade... It's politically correct to include them in the convo, but the reality is that they just aren't at that level.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 17th, 2007, 2:49 pm

wats that lil man name....pistons isiah thomas...he had seasons better dan horse face nash and didnt win mvp ......i dont understand how kobe didnt win it last year...i don like kobe i really hated that nigga i thought he was cocky n too bossy n all that but last year he played like the dude i created on my video game

81 points
62 in 3 quaters in some other game
52 in 3 quaters in some other game

wat this dude was on fire.....he played some real basketball he made me actually watch laker games stay up till like midnite hopin to see some 90 point game...how he ain win MVP the shitty lakers actually made the play offs

steve nash has all these fast ass good shootin , quick tempo ass players ..all he does is pass it up court its a basket...if chris paul was in pheonix he wud ave. 13 assists per game ...if i was in that team id ave 5 .....shawn marion shud have won it over nash...good rebounds, good points,. good steals,good blocks
who the fuck is sayin steve nash is better than shawn marion on here

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 3:00 pm

i dont take thomas seriously. he got mad that jordan made the US dreamteam over him, and he got mad at bird cause he beat him in a game, and he's just talked a lot of BS. then he wanted to "freeze out" jordan by telling his team mates they shouldnt pass the ball to him. thomas is a joke. looking at him on the knicks bench and hearing him talk, is like listening to a fucking moron talk. he was nice, but once he went down he got washed up and sounded like an idiot when he got mad and jelous.

your just mad cause nash is white. hey, you should like him a little bit more, hes from africa just like you. nash is getting 19 points, 11 assists, and 3 rebounds a game. he takes over the game shooting or passing. stop hating.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 17th, 2007, 3:07 pm

that makes me hate him worse...his dad proly beat my dad n put him in the chamber fo no reason like dey did mandela

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 17th, 2007, 3:41 pm

se11 wrote:i dont take thomas seriously. he got mad that jordan made the US dreamteam over him, and he got mad at bird cause he beat him in a game, and he's just talked a lot of BS. then he wanted to "freeze out" jordan by telling his team mates they shouldnt pass the ball to him. thomas is a joke. looking at him on the knicks bench and hearing him talk, is like listening to a #%@&#%@ moron talk. he was nice, but once he went down he got washed up and sounded like an idiot when he got mad and jelous.

your just mad cause nash is white. hey, you should like him a little bit more, hes from africa just like you. nash is getting 19 points, 11 assists, and 3 rebounds a game. he takes over the game shooting or passing. stop hating.
It's funny you mention that. Nash is getting MVP consideration for 19 PPG, 11 APG, and 3 RPG. Isiah career AVERAGE was 19 PPG, 9 APG, and 3 RPG. His high seasons??? 23 PPG, 14 APG, and 5 RPG. And everybody knows he was capable of dropping 50 whenever he wanted or 30 in a quarter if his team needed it.

You can't begin to compare Nash to Isiah until he gets a ring. I could care less about him being white. But anybody who knows basketball knows that he ain't in the same class. Like the other brotha said, put Chris Paul on Phoenix and they get the same thing. Any PG who has a pass first mentality will rack up assists on that team, simply because they have good shooters, and both Marion and Stoudamire finish well around the basket. If you know basketball, that shit is simple.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 17th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Steve Nash's career stats at this point??? 13.8 PPG, 7.3 APG, 2.8 RPG. And ZERO point ZERO rings!!! Don't bring his name up to me when you're talking about all-time great point guards. He ain't built like that.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 3:50 pm

screw isiah, he wa jelous washed up guy. why is everyone comparing nash to thomas? what about magic johnson, julius erving, jerry west, walt fraizer, john stockton, gerorge gervin. why is this the comparason to thomas?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 17th, 2007, 3:55 pm

nash ain compatable homie

i compare nash to brevin knight....lol

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 17th, 2007, 3:57 pm

nah really i can name u about 25 active players better than nash

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 17th, 2007, 4:00 pm

se11 wrote:screw isiah, he wa jelous washed up guy. why is everyone comparing nash to thomas? what about magic johnson, julius erving, jerry west, walt fraizer, john stockton, gerorge gervin. why is this the comparason to thomas?
Do you know anything about basketball or you just like to argue??? First of all, the people in bold are NOT point guards. Secondly, somebody laced whatever it is that you're smokin' if you trying to compare Nash with Magic, Frazier, or Jerry West.

He's just a little white guard who hardly ever got his ass off the bench his first 4 years in the league and now he's got average PG stats. You obviously spend more time listening to Bill Walton and them who try to build him up to be better than he really is.

The obvious comparison is to a PG who was about the same size, who did what I think and MVP PG should do. DISH, SCORE, play D, lead your team.

Nash does dish, he can score from time to time, but 19 PPG ain't shockin' nobody's system. He plays ZERO D, and he hasn't lead his team anywhere that 16 other teams around the league ain't been, the playoffs.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 17th, 2007, 4:20 pm

its not worth arguing about opinion. but you people are just more people hating on nash and the suns and what they do on and off the court. i dont care what you all say, nash is sick, suns are the most entertainng team to watch, they all have charaties that they're involved with, and they're never in any sort of trouble. when they take down the championship n nash takes the MVP again ya'll see. bunch of haters,

Return to “All Sports Talk”