(NBA) Gilbert arenas

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 19th, 2007, 7:33 pm

[quote="E the Magnificent"]Every post I read on here pisses me off more! Nash. Well retards, I think i done noticed a pattern! [/quote]

again this is a chill laid back area...EVERYBODY has they own opinion no need for the weak name calling..no need to get emotional buddy

E the Magnificent
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by E the Magnificent » January 19th, 2007, 8:15 pm

This is a chill laid back area? There is an arguement on every page in every forum. You should say that to every one else on the site too.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 19th, 2007, 8:22 pm

[quote="E the Magnificent"]This is a chill laid back area? There is an arguement on every page in every forum. You should say that to every one else on the site too.[/quote]

i was speaking about this particular thread in the sports section fam

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 19th, 2007, 8:23 pm

you made a comment about what can the lakers say since shaq left...i could care less about the lakers but i gotta say so far this 1st half of the season they been playing some all around consistent playing...the bums is contributing to help kobe out

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » February 7th, 2007, 1:55 pm

creativemind wrote:
se11 wrote:people hating on nash and the suns are just jelous. nash leads his team to about 110 points a game. him, amare, and marion are the real deal. then add diaw, bell, barbosa, and jones. they to know how ball. stop hating.
Ain't nuthin' to jealous of. They ain't won nothing. They NBA just want to promote Nash, but they know damn well he ain't the best player in the league. He damn near lost the playoff series against the Lakers for them, letting Smush pick his pocket. He ain't really step up in that series. Barbosa and Tim Thomas was the ones doing real work.
And thats real nash aint shit 4 the simple fact he got like 8 all-star worthy niggaz on his team but he still cant win a ring all of um can play D-fense but cant win championships so b4 U talk bad and throw salt on K-Bryant #24 actually take time 2 watch a Laker game (se11) and you'll see kobe is a diamond in the ruff surrounded by cubic zurconia's that can sometimes ball but they all play better because of #24 kobe got maybe 1 all-star worthy teammate compared 2 all these other teams with at least 3 or more (Kobe & the Goodz aka Lamar Odom) thats it and smush parker comes through sometimes but not on an all-star consitent basis but as far as who should win MVP I think Gil Arenas deserve's it right now my mind may change later the season is still early but my top pix is 1.Gil Arenas,2. K. Bryant,3.Ron Artest he been ballin 2 you see how he shut down Carmelo's weenie ass 2 12points,4. King James homie that young nigga been ballin 2

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 2:46 pm

Qdawg wrote:if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team
butler and jameson are good players... stevenson is OK... the wiz's need a good big man

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 2:49 pm

creativemind wrote:
Qdawg wrote:if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team
That shit is real. They all on Nash dick, for handing out assists. How people give him credit for another dude droppin' a 3??? He do what he do, but he can't take no game over the way Arenas, Kobe, D Wade, Lebron, AI, etc.... can. If his teammates ain't hittin' their shots, they lose. Period.
if any teams players arent hittin their fuckin shots they miss and steve nash is a fuckin great shooter he jus has been passin a lot recently for some reason, last year nash could take over a game jus as easy as gil with drives to the lane and fade aways and three's... during the playoffs he was so sick... and when nash is out a lot of times the suns are deff WAYYYY less sharp than when hes in... the wizards even though when they take gil out would be horrible, they are still a medeocre team in the east while the suns are top tier team in the west... the level of play nash brings the suns up to is wayyy higher than what gil brings the wizards to, even though hes a baller...

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 2:51 pm

Mcminister wrote:they turnin the nba white...steve nash eww i wuda picked lebron, kobe over him...steve nash twice in a row dats disgustin he jst rueined nba history
stockton didnt take over games cuz he wasnt a pure shooter like isiah, stockton was a true point guard which is find ur 2,3,4,5 guys and get an easy basket with a good pass

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 2:58 pm

and u guys all act like the sports writers are in some BIG ass conspiracy with fuckin dave stern, give me a damn break the writers/coaches/etc dont give a fuck bout color, they see what steve nash does for his team which is A LOT and they give him props

and u guys talk like jus cuz hes white he gets credit for bein 20x better because hes bein in a league with a buncha blacks who are statistically better than whites in bball - but most blacks never give respect to white basketball players, hell, a ton of black guys make jokes to white guys like "u must have some black in you to be that good" if a white guy is a baller... black people truly do believe that they are better at bball and ive had experiences with that myself, back in high school i challenged a kid on my team who was black to a 1v1 after a practice and won and he was like totally embarassed by it just because i was white - even though i was good. if i goto a park or somethin and its all black guys and me, i always get picked last (IF NO ONE KNOWS ME) JUST because i'm white... i dunno i kinda rambled on there but i think givin white guys 20x more credit when they are good at bball and amplifying how good they actually are while still assumin that blacks are more dominant at bball than whites is a buncha shit.

dirks also probably gonna get more mvp votes over gil, as well as yao ming would have i bet - is it cuz they are oriental or european... i dun think so...

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 3:01 pm

Mcminister wrote:wats that lil man name....pistons isiah thomas...he had seasons better dan horse face nash and didnt win mvp ......i dont understand how kobe didnt win it last year...i don like kobe i really hated that nigga i thought he was cocky n too bossy n all that but last year he played like the dude i created on my video game

81 points
62 in 3 quaters in some other game
52 in 3 quaters in some other game

wat this dude was on fire.....he played some real basketball he made me actually watch laker games stay up till like midnite hopin to see some 90 point game...how he ain win MVP the _____ lakers actually made the play offs

steve nash has all these fast ass good shootin , quick tempo ass players ..all he does is pass it up court its a basket...if chris paul was in pheonix he wud ave. 13 assists per game ...if i was in that team id ave 5 .....shawn marion shud have won it over nash...good rebounds, good points,. good steals,good blocks
who the fu-- is sayin steve nash is better than shawn marion on here
KOBE HAS A SHOOT FIRST MENTALITY -ALMOST AS BAD AS STARBURYS- THATS WHY HE GETS MAD POINTS, EVEN THO HES REAL GOOD, HE STILL TAKES WILD ASS SHOTS AND USED TO BE A REAL SELFISH PLAYER ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ WASNT THERE... HE ALSO USED TO BE A LIL BITCH IN the LOCKERROOM U CANT JUS LOOK AT POINTS. MVP IS LOCKER ROOM, ASSISTS, POINTS, DEFENSE, AND HOW UR TEAM FAIRS ON THE COURT WITHOUT U

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 3:06 pm

ONCE AGAIN THE MVP IS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER TO HIS TEAM, THE LEAGUE SHOULD HAVE A "MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER" THEN U CAN HAVE KOBE WINNIN SHIT... BUT MVP FOR WHAT HE DOES TO HIS TEAM... NASH. PERIOD. DOESNT MEAN HES THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE CUZ THATS NOT WHAT MVP IS ABOUT!

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 3:40 pm

epun wrote:
m actually a big time phoenix suns fan(since they had kevin johnson & my man barkley,& thunder dan majerle).
That's old-school right there Q...good shit. KJ was my man.

Nash is very good player. You can't take anything away from him as a player. MVP? He's not the MVP of the league.

John Stockton was the same type of guard. Never won any championships and NEVER won an MVP. But during that time, the NBA wasn't concerned about promoting it's white players, like now. Now the NBA is image driven and global marketing is the car. Steve Nash is the MVP because the league's season ticket holders are disproportiantly white, therefore you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Given the Pistons/Pacers brawl, Allen Iverson and the influence of hip-hop, white season ticket holders became uncomfortable and out of touch with today's players.

Think about it.

Just a few years ago, Grant Hill was the NBA's leading spokesman, premier vote-getter and lead the league in endorsements. Duke-educated, upper class background, pretty-boy looks. Then he's injured.....and injured.....and injured again. Now here comes Kobe Bryant. Educated, speaks fluent Italian, accepted to Duke had he gone to college, upper class background, well-spoken......Then goes to Colorado and fu-cks some tramp. He's found not guilty and conjured up memories of OJ.

White people had enough.

Then Stern implemented dress codes. Players were offended and white people counldn't understand why million-dollar athletes had a problem with dressing up while on the bench. Companies threatened to pull their luxury boxes, wealthy season-ticket holders threatened to cancel subscriptions. If you were a white man who needed to satisfy the demands of a well-heeled constituency, what would you do?.......

Ah, let's bring back the good-ol' days. Let's bring back a Bob Cousy-type.

Make Nash the MVP and keep the money rollin' in.
Exactly.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 4:04 pm

AND YEA, I OWN A NASH JERSEY! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 18th, 2007, 10:57 am

cid wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE MVP IS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER TO HIS TEAM, THE LEAGUE SHOULD HAVE A "MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER" THEN U CAN HAVE KOBE WINNIN SHIT... BUT MVP FOR WHAT HE DOES TO HIS TEAM... NASH. PERIOD. DOESNT MEAN HES THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE because THATS NOT WHAT MVP IS ABOUT!
I have to agree with that. Most people think that MVP means that they are the best player. Being the best and being most valuable are different. Nash is valuable, but without any help and without that system he plays in, he'd probably do worse than he did with Dallas.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 18th, 2007, 1:38 pm

CID nash ain shit

i'd rather own a anthony carter jersey

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 19th, 2007, 10:16 pm

haha well phoenix is my favorite team, thats why i got a nash jersey... and amare is an ego maniac and the rest of the guys arent really worth payin $$ to get their jersey... plus im white, so ya know, gotta represent

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 11th, 2007, 10:34 pm

time for gil to be moved,homeboy is rotting away for a organization thats not going nowhere

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 5th, 2007, 1:07 pm

dam gilbert=out rest of the season

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » April 5th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Yea hes out. Thats messed up really, one of the dudes that was actually making the game watchable.