Who Should Be Voted NBA MVP this Year???

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 21st, 2007, 10:20 pm

nash's teams have led the league in scoring this whole decade. when nash wasnt on the suns the past few days they lost all three games... horribly... he comes back, they roll the clippers (lol) and win again tonight. hes a general, triple OG five star king

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » February 21st, 2007, 10:39 pm

cid wrote:nash's teams have led the league in scoring this whole decade. when nash wasnt on the suns the past few days they lost all three games... horribly... he comes back, they roll the clippers (lol) and win again tonight. hes a general, triple OG five star king
The Phoenix Suns of the past few years are exactly what the Denver Nuggets were in the 80's and early 90's. Teams who ran, scored LOT of points, played no D. They won during the season, and NEVER made it to the NBA Finals. The Suns will do the same.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 22nd, 2007, 7:59 am

championships are not the main factor in mvp... u gotta just contend. pao gasol wont win mvp because his teams horrible with or without him even tho hes the best on the team, nash will win cuz his teams horrible without him, or atleast much much worse, and 20x better and the top 2-3 teams in the league with him

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm

cid wrote:i agree with mcgrady but he was injured and gets injured too much like u said he could fall off as well... especially if he gets injured and his back starts 2 flare up again... rockets are sweet i cant wait to watch them play with all their guys... i wish battier would step it up like he did at duke.. even more so than hes steppin it up now

He could fall off, but as long as he is playing, he deserves to be in the talks. He has a new ...uhmm...doctor???? Or one of those health people...whatevers...and ever since then, he says he's been feeling more healthy.

Battier is doing a great job. Just because you don't see it in the stats. If you watch a Rockets game, watch how he is the glue guy to the team. Always hustling, always playing hard defense, and had done a good job guarding the best players on other teams, making them work for their points.
cid wrote:championships are not the main factor in mvp... u gotta just contend. pao gasol wont win mvp because his teams horrible with or without him even tho hes the best on the team, nash will win because his teams horrible without him, or atleast much much worse, and 20x better and the top 2-3 teams in the league with him
Agreed. Nash deserved those MVPs, but it kind of pissed me off because last year, Kobe got his team back into the playoff and almost beat the Suns and also did shit that players can't even dream about, while still doing better than the year, before.

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm

cid wrote:i agree with mcgrady but he was injured and gets injured too much like u said he could fall off as well... especially if he gets injured and his back starts 2 flare up again... rockets are sweet i cant wait to watch them play with all their guys... i wish battier would step it up like he did at duke.. even more so than hes steppin it up now

He could fall off, but as long as he is playing, he deserves to be in the talks. He has a new ...uhmm...doctor???? Or one of those health people...whatevers...and ever since then, he says he's been feeling more healthy.

Battier is doing a great job. Just because you don't see it in the stats. If you watch a Rockets game, watch how he is the glue guy to the team. Always hustling, always playing hard defense, and had done a good job guarding the best players on other teams, making them work for their points.
cid wrote:championships are not the main factor in mvp... u gotta just contend. pao gasol wont win mvp because his teams horrible with or without him even tho hes the best on the team, nash will win because his teams horrible without him, or atleast much much worse, and 20x better and the top 2-3 teams in the league with him
Agreed. Nash deserved those MVPs, but it kind of pissed me off because last year, Kobe got his team back into the playoff and almost beat the Suns and also did shit that players can't even dream about, while still doing better than the year, before.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 27th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Just like Nash, as soon as the playoffs come he'll be making excuses just like last year, talking about how he's tired, injured, and shit. When he wins 5 mvp's and no rings the media will make excuses like he always gets worn down as the playoffs come. In the future he'll be looked at as the least deserving MVP ever. And this is why

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 27th, 2007, 12:36 pm

PLayoffs have nothin to do with MVP thats why MVP is selected before playoffs... they only announce it after the seasons over

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 27th, 2007, 2:06 pm

cid wrote:PLayoffs have nothin to do with MVP thats why MVP is selected before playoffs... they only announce it after the seasons over
What are you talking about? If that's the case how come Steve Nash is the only repeat MVP to have never won a ring before doing so? That's something a Bill Walton Dick rider will never repeat. In 88 MJ was the MVP, but he didn't repeat MVP until he won a ring. Same thing with Larry, Russell, Magic, etc. Face it, he didn't deserve to repeat until he won a ring. I agree with creativemind, it's all about economikkks, because he has shitty stats, shitty playoff record, and he used stamina as an excuse, that's so MVP worthy. :lol: :lol:

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 28th, 2007, 2:39 pm

i aint even gonna bother arguing with idiots who cannot read or comprehend what i say and just attribute things such like this to money and have a straight up hard cock for kobe bryant no matter what

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » February 28th, 2007, 2:52 pm

bearfan, the MVP is not, who wins the ring, its whos most valuable to their team. if you take nash out of the suns lineup, they dont win. with him they are a 2nd place in the west team, without him, they would be a 5-7 place team. the only other players with that kind of impact are kobe, dwade(hurt now), and dirk. those are the impact players and thats why they are the guys in the running and thats why nash gets it. would the lakers be even close to where they are now without kobe, dallas without dirk? you think the heat are going to keep up they're momentium without dwade?

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

SPECIAL TREATMENT

Unread post by Bearfan » February 28th, 2007, 8:24 pm

You guys aren't looking at things Historically. Before Steve Nash came along you couldn't win MVP 2 times in a row without a ring. You can't debate that they gave him something they didn't give real Legends. You take any Starting PG away from a team and watch there timing turn into shit, that's that lame ass ESPN explanation. Again, if they didn't do that for Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, or Bill Russell, then Steve don't deserve 2 let along 3 MVP's in a row without a Ring. He's not more deserving than the players I mentioned, and anybody who knows Basketball know I speak the truth. Of course you don't need a ring to win MVP 1 time, but 2 in a row you do. I gave you'll real Hall Of Famers who had to earn 2 in a row, yet you still are brainwashed by what the media preaches. :lol: :lol:

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 28th, 2007, 9:46 pm

u ever consider that no1 else has had three consecutive mvp type seasons in a row besides the ones listed before......?

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 1st, 2007, 12:52 pm

1. The only (NBA) Players to win 3 in a row are Larry Bird, and Bill Russell.Both of them earned that in the Regular seasons, and the important season. Julius Erving (ABA)

2. The MVP award was first given out in 1956, a couple years after that Bill won won his first. Even though he Revolutionized the game on defense, he didn't repeat MVP until he won a ring.1961-1962

3. Many players have had three mvp type seasons in a row, but if they didn't have a ring the sportswriters would vote for someone else. The sportswriters lowered standards for Steve Nash, yet the MJ's, Kareem's, Larry Legend's, Bill Russell's, Wilt Chamberland's, Magic's, Moses Malone's of the world had to earn 2x straight with a ring. It's a slap in the face to all the previous great ones in the game to give some media creation the top individual award in the game that many times in row without proving himself like they did. I forgot about Tim Duncan too. Exhibit A http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/mvp.html

4. Chauncey Billups, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan. In that order this year.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » March 1st, 2007, 5:20 pm

well who said nash is gonna win 3 in a row... and who says they wont win it all anyway... i got a feeling dirk is winning it although i want nash to

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 2nd, 2007, 7:24 pm

if nash wins MVP i ain gon watch the nba no more

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » March 5th, 2007, 5:32 pm

cid wrote:yo does anyone on this forum have an iq above 90 and understand what the fu-- im talkin about or am i alone... theres gotta be a few people on here who arent just pissed because a white guy won an mvp and their favorite player kobe didnt
OMG U GUYS ARE RIDCULOUS
Nash didn't deserve one off those mvp
Kobe should b mvp ON MORE THAN once by now.
They hold grudges against him by his character(selfish) rape case ect ect ect.
Kobe avr 35 pts last yr nash mvp?

WAT THE FUCK IS THAT??
He's not the MOST VALUBLE PLAYER
Kobe is
These dumass announcers and espn analysts pump him up incrediblaly a la tim leglar ect ect ect

He's not that good
J kidd is better clearly he's a WALKIN TRIPLE DOUBLE
THEY make it seems like nashs team around him is fuckin wack wen that aint the case jus look at them
1 nash (he has a jumper and dimes)
2.bell (defensive stopper jumper 3z)
3.MARION (the main nigga<<<20 10boards blocks put backs ect..)
4. DIAW (VERSITILE)
5.STAUDIMIRE (TALENTED AS FUCK MORE THAN DWIGHT HOWARD)

6THEN U BRING IN BARBOSA--- INSTANT OFFENCE

SOO DON'T EVEN SAY THAT BS OFF HE'S THE MOST VALUBLE PLAYER that shit far from true
Wat would lakers b w/o Kobe ?? NUTHIN
HE'S THE MOST VALUBLE

I think its pretty safe to say the phonix suns supporting cast is better than the LAKERS
Nash has all kinds off weapons around him man

IBFLIPINCHIKENS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by IBFLIPINCHIKENS » March 6th, 2007, 1:53 pm

this bspg dude makes some good points kobe is doing more with less

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » March 7th, 2007, 7:45 am

Without Kobe the Lakers are still a medeocre team... with Kobe the lakers are a medeocre team... he doesn't take them to the next level unless he has that one game in the season where he goes 45/65... lol

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » March 7th, 2007, 10:18 am

naww man

his TEAMATES SUCK

1 smush too many turnova and miss layups
2 odom too many miss layups and inconsistant play
3 kwame i dont even needto speak on him
4 radmonavich not gettin in a rythem
5 farmar jus sorry
6 cook shoots EVERYTIME like sumthin wrong with him
7. BYNUM was good in beginning hes a BALL STOPPER
8.mo mo EVANS--same as cook man shoots DUM shots jus look at the twolves game yesterday LOL

with that said the only teamate that hes had that has any kind off CONSISTANT PLAY is LUKE WALTON
and as u can see they miss him dearly
he gets the offense in a rythem

the lakers are struggling man

they NEED SOMEBODY WHO CAN MAKE FREETHROWS OR LAYUPPS

i thought they shoulda got j kidd even tho he cant shoot but he can make layups at least and assists and rebound

they gotta get another good player in there man
(hopefully KG)