Future Of The Los Angeles Lakers

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Re: Future Of The Lakers

Unread post by LcBwC » June 22nd, 2004, 12:05 pm

Anyone think that Shaq will be pic/ked up by Dallas. Its only so many teams that can afford that man...but he wants out of LA.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » June 22nd, 2004, 3:02 pm

There could be a chance that Dallas gets him, but the Lakers want Nowitzski in return and Cuban isn't willing to do that. Other teams interested in him I heard are Indiana, New Jersey, and Phoenix but the Lakers want young talent for Shaq and those teams aren't willing to give up young players for someone "past his prime". From what i've heard on ESPN and other sports shows, Shaq could very well be in a Laker uniform next year.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 22nd, 2004, 3:32 pm

el tio wrote:
Ice wrote:yea, shaq wants a trade, he was dissapointed that the lakers announced that their main priority will be keeping kobe...
If he ever decideds to get in shape and play Defense ALL GAME LONG I'm sure the Lakers priority would change back to Shaq.

Even though Kobe was struggling with his shot throughout the playoffs and especially against Detroit...he NEVER let up on Defense.

I say GUT the team if you want but keep Kobe.

Kobe was pretty good the whole playoffs with his shots except the last round thats why he was the scroing leader.

Anyway lakers Manager says Derek Fisher and Gary Payton are interested in staying for next season.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 22nd, 2004, 8:42 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:Kobe should just sign with the Nuggets it'll save him time.
He wouldn't have to fly to court appearances he could drive.
LOL

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 22nd, 2004, 11:06 pm

GTS wrote:I HEARD RUMORS KOBE MIGHT GO TO THE CLIPPERS, BUT PAYTON IS DEFINATELY GONE AFTER THIS YEAR. HOMEBOY JUST WANTED THAT RING, AND THEN TO GET THE HELL OUT.
Payton just exercised his option to stay with the Lakers next year for 5 million. So it looks like he is staying a Laker, ...think that means D Fish might be gone now.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 23rd, 2004, 5:06 pm

I can't believe how this is unraveling.

I have always had Kobe and Shaq's back. But in these past 2 weeks they have proven to me that they don't care a damn thing for the "team concept".

They have stabbed all Laker fans in the back with their actions and words over the last couple of weeks.

Dr. Buss told Kobe he was the franchise player so he would stay with the Lakers. If Shaq's contract was up then he would have told Shaq the same thing. Shaq is a big azz whining baby who hates all guards who don't pass him the ball every damn time down the floor. And who the hell does Kobe think supported his azz unconditionally while he underwent/undergoing his rape allegations? LA that's who. Every other arena boooed the crap out of him.

These two babies just care about themselves. I hope Kobe comes back to the Lakers and then Kupchack deals his azz somewhere. I also hope he trades Shaq for at least 3 proven all stars.

These babies let us down, they let chick down, and they let themselves down.

I'm pissed.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 23rd, 2004, 5:07 pm

el tio wrote:I can't believe how this is unraveling.

I have always had Kobe and Shaq's back. But in these past 2 weeks they have proven to me that they don't care a damn thing for the "team concept".

They have stabbed all Laker fans in the back with their actions and words over the last couple of weeks.

Dr. Buss told Kobe he was the franchise player so he would stay with the Lakers. If Shaq's contract was up then he would have told Shaq the same thing. Can't Shaq see that!?! Shaq is a big azz whining baby who hates all guards who don't pass him the ball every damn time down the floor. And who the hell does Kobe think supported his azz unconditionally while he underwent/undergoing his rape allegations? LA that's who. Every other arena boooed the crap out of him.

These two babies just care about themselves. I hope Kobe comes back to the Lakers and then Kupchack deals his azz somewhere. I also hope he trades Shaq for at least 3 proven all stars.

I'm pissed.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 6:24 pm

el tio wrote:I can't believe how this is unraveling.

Dr. Buss told Kobe he was the franchise player so he would stay with the Lakers. If Shaq's contract was up then he would have told Shaq the same thing. Shaq is a big azz whining baby who hates all guards who don't pass him the ball every damn time down the floor. And who the hell does Kobe think supported his azz unconditionally while he underwent/undergoing his rape allegations? LA that's who. Every other arena boooed the crap out of him.

I'm pissed.
I feel u 100% on that homie.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 23rd, 2004, 6:44 pm

Shaq doesnt hate Kobe becuase he doesnt pass to him much but by personel issues. Kobe is probally gonna re-sign with the Lakers thats why shaq wants a trade. But do you actually think the Lakers are that stupid to trade shaq?

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » June 23rd, 2004, 7:00 pm

Everybody already knew Kobe was going to opt out of his contract, that was the best move for him to make business wise. And you can't keep Shaq if he wants to be traded he only plays hard when he wants to now imagine if he dont even want to be there,they would just go further down. They need some new fresh legs and a new system. Shaq is older and gets outhustled by everyone with a grain of talent that he plays so keeping Kobe is probably the better move for the LONG run. They can get one good player and 2 or 3 solid ones and build from there.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 7:02 pm

I hope they arent but rite now it looks like they are. But I have heard that he is just joking and takin it too far. Ive also hear its sum sort publicity stunt.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 23rd, 2004, 7:58 pm

Shaq isnt that old and he is the best Center in the league , and a good center is important. Shaq is most likely to stay but it isnt a publicity stunt shaq really wants a trade.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 8:06 pm

Shaq is no doubt the most dominant player in the NBA. I think he really wants to stay too. He jokes around alot but I dont think he is in this case, but im still not sure wut to think bout him stayin or leavin. He lost alot of respect from em for doin all this shit and sayin the things he has, so has KB.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 24th, 2004, 5:45 pm

Past wrote:Shaq doesnt hate Kobe becuase he doesnt pass to him much but by personel issues. Kobe is probally gonna re-sign with the Lakers thats why shaq wants a trade. But do you actually think the Lakers are that stupid to trade shaq?
I read on ESPN that the Lakers will honor Shaq's request to leave. So who knows. The Lakers are in alot of shit though... if kobe, fisher, shaq leave that only leaves so many people. i think they just dont want to play without Phil Jac/kson.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 24th, 2004, 9:03 pm

rocstar wrote:Everybody already knew Kobe was going to opt out of his contract, that was the best move for him to make business wise.
Actually it's the worst move to make business wise. No other team can offer him the 140 million that the Lakers can. The next closest would be 90 million.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 24th, 2004, 10:33 pm

Mitch Kuptchuk said Kobe wanted to opt out to see for the first time of how it feels to be a free agent but he is most likely gonna re-sign with the Lakers.

They also said that Shaq qanted to get traded to the Kings, but the Lakers will see what happens with shaq when the tension comes down.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 25th, 2004, 6:33 am

Man if Shaq really wanted to get traded to the Kings that would be his worst move.

He's trashed them so much over the years (Queens) that all it would show is that Shaq wants to be vindictive with the Lakers. What a loser he would be.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » June 25th, 2004, 10:34 am

el tio wrote:Man if Shaq really wanted to get traded to the Kings that would be his worst move.

He's trashed them so much over the years (Queens) that all it would show is that Shaq wants to be vindictive with the Lakers. What a loser he would be.
yea that is true. he will look like a bitch if he go to the Kings. but most likely he will be in LA Uniform because no team can really afford him once again.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 25th, 2004, 1:17 pm

el tio wrote:Man if Shaq really wanted to get traded to the Kings that would be his worst move.

LOL Yeah but Shaq wants to go to a team that has a chance of winning i guess, the Lakers are also trying to make Shaq reconsider tho.

Shawn Kemp

Unread post by Shawn Kemp » June 25th, 2004, 4:25 pm

Lakers 4 Life. But Allen Iverson and Shawn Kemp are my favorite players. Boh

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » June 25th, 2004, 10:36 pm

Shawn Kemp wrote:Lakers 4 Life. But Allen Iverson and Shawn Kemp are my favorite players. Boh
Yup...the best 1-2 combination in history was Gary Payton servin' up Shawn Kemp for the MONSTER DUNKS!

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » June 26th, 2004, 1:54 am

Shaq is gone for sure. Kobe mite stay cuz shaq is gone. They mite trade shaq to jersey for k-mart and kittles and some other stuff (cash and/or draft pick) plus shaq has family in jersey. Shaq also wants to go to dallas cuz he freinds with mark cuban and cuban can prolly give the lakers the best players for shaq. I like kobe better then shaq so i hope kobe stays. Kobe is still coming up and shaq is on his way down. I think if kobe stays and they get good people for shaq lakers got a chance next year.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » July 1st, 2004, 11:10 am

El Tio wrote:

Actually it's the worst move to make business wise. No other team can offer him the 140 million that the Lakers can. The next closest would be 90 million.

He can make sure he gets the max from the Lakers, and other teams such as New York are willing to negotiate with Nike and ensure him a certain amount of endorsment money to make up for the rest of the money. Nike already stated if he went to New York they would make some kind of deal. Kobe in the biggest market in the world, they would make a ton. Kobe is going to resign with the Lakers though, especially if Shaq leaves, which is more than likely. The only reason I think it is smart to trade Shaq is if he don't want to play here he isnt going to play here. i see a season of toe injurys, weight problems and complaining. At least if we trade Shaq we get something out of it, not his value but if Kobe leaves we just azzed out. We got Shaq and Devean George? Gary Payton? We would be looking at a twenty win season because nobody ever accussed us of having the hearts of a lion.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 2nd, 2004, 4:19 pm

^^^
Exactly. I read this somewhere (ESPN, CNNSI?) That is the first time that publicly a shoe company is compensating a ball player. There was all types of talk about Jordan and the Bulls (he owned stock, Nike was equalling the Bulls contract, etc.) and most of that turned to be true i.e. Michael Jordan line.

Kobe should be back with LA...........which LA though..lol If he becomes a Clip, he needs his ass kicked.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 3rd, 2004, 11:32 am

If NIKE is gonna publicly offer to compensate Kobe then all LAKER fans should boycott NIKE.

Shaq and his big fat toe can leave for all I care. You know he's gonna fake an injury. What a big azz baby. He call himself the MDE...Most Dominant Ever......LOL......how about......MOST DISAPPOINTING EVER!!!

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 7th, 2004, 10:54 am

^^^
I really really hate to but I have to agree with you on this. He can say it is the system or the people around him...he just isn't making it happen. I like Shaq more then Kobe, and give him most of the credit for the 3-titles, but Shaq must go. Not so much for Shaq's bitchy behavior of late, but for the future of the Lakers. And for Shaq to have his wife on TV demanding a trade........damn, he Glenn Riced us allover again. If the Lakers keep Shaq, like you said, there will be a season of injuries. Hopefully, they get a few GOOD players for him. We will need them!

Kobe will now understand the reality of having Shaq made his job easier, and will have to elevate his game even more if he expects to win.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 7th, 2004, 5:48 pm

Don't worry about agreeing with me it's not contagious...you can still disagree on other things. heh.

Anyways, like you said, Shaq was more of the reason for the 3 titles BUT having said that...we still needed Kobe too. It's a catch-22...they need each other...even though we "needed" Shaq more before. BUT those days are gone. I think the only way he'll get into shape is if he's traded so he can try and punk the Lakers.

Kobe is the future for now. We need to surround him with more talent. And as for Ms. Shaq Rice she can just keep her mouth shut as nobody cares for what's coming out of that pie-hole.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 10th, 2004, 10:56 pm

As of Saturday night, Shaq will soon be traded to Miami. This has to be one the worst trades ever!!! First off, somehow the lakers should of traded Kobe straight up for T-mac, that would of led shaq to easily stay here, and they be on their way to the finals easily. Kobe has to go, the crazy part is he won't understand that he can't win by his self until he gets on another team and rack up the losses. It's crazy how money has taken over all sports, the nba ain't a mens game anymore, it's a boys game now, and there is no loyalty at all. The lakers winning days are over, Look out for houston with yao and t-mac. The lakers made a big mistake letting shaq go.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

Unread post by Guest » July 11th, 2004, 9:13 am

D.X wrote:As of Saturday night, Shaq will soon be traded to Miami. This has to be one the worst trades ever!!!
HELL YEAH IT IS!
First off, somehow the lakers should of traded Kobe straight up for T-mac,
HELL NO!
that would of led shaq to easily stay here, and they be on their way to the finals easily.
POSSIBLY
Kobe has to go, the crazy part is he won't understand that he can't win by his self until he gets on another team and rack up the losses. It's crazy how money has taken over all sports, the nba ain't a mens game anymore, it's a boys game now, and there is no loyalty at all. The lakers winning days are over, Look out for houston with yao and t-mac.[\QUOTE]
TIME WILL TELL
The lakers made a big mistake letting shaq go.
IF THE RUMOR IS TRUE THEN HELL YEAH THEY DID!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!
LMAO!!! HELL NO!!!

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 11th, 2004, 9:14 am

OOOOPS FORGOT TO LOG IN.......THAT WAS ME ABOVE AS GUEST.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2004, 9:43 am

I'm a real Laker fan but more importantly I'm a "basketball" fan, and you have to know how to seperate the two!!! Alot of people are big fans of certain players and don't see these players for what they are, and anybody with a sane mind knows, nobody in the league is on kobe level than T-mac. The lakers, somehow, although it would of been hard should of made this trade straight up. Any "real" basketball fan knows T-mac is not selfish like kobe, but the only thing T-mac is lacking "just a little", that kobe does is defense, although T-mac mostly always makes second team defense. And don't say how weak orlando has been, nobody could of won with those players around them. It's foolish to trade the best center although yao is close. Shaq is going to come back on fire, and wait till they play the lakers, who is going to guard shaq, brian grant??? Insane!!! If kobe stays, which he won't, why do they need odom?? THIS IS A BAD TRADE!!! I only would of agreed on getting Jermaine O'neal. He is a future star. I'm a big Laker fan, but you have to know how to seperate a team fan and basketball fan. For those who say kobe is the man and he the next or will surpass jordan, name the lakers starting five with the players they got now(even those with the trade) and be honest, the lakers are THROUGH!!!! This ain't hating, just the truth. Any real bulls know they was one of the best teams ever, and now they THROUGH, right??

Look out for the new one two punch, Yao and T-mac(daaaamn)!!! And don't sleep on Denver, they saying they going to get K-Mart, from the Nets!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X
Last edited by 'X' on July 11th, 2004, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 11th, 2004, 10:27 am

T-mac is as close as you get ot Kobe, but he is still no Kobe.

I would not make that trade straight up. Kid skills has no weakness in his game. T-mac can still imporve some.

The Heat needs to throw in Dwayne Wade in too! Not just sorry Grant and Butler. Lamra Odom is the only good thing we're getting..........thas bull!

WEAK TRADE..........SHOOT KUPCHEK!