Future Of The Los Angeles Lakers

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Re: Future Of The Lakers

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2004, 10:45 am

What are you talking about??? Do you know the game of basketball?? you said T-mac needs to improve his game?? Kobe does too, he forces way too many shots and I'm talking about on double and triple teams!!! Do you really think T-mac and kobe are not going to get better?? they both still young!!! T-mac and kobe are damn near the same players, kobe has a littel better d, that's all, but the lakers would of not of skipped a beat with t-mac. I agree anyone wanting to get the best and most dominant player in the game would have to give up their best players, I would of made them give up wade and if not, no trade then. This is common sense. And I would of made shaq stay in la anyway, that his problem, he thinks everybody afraid of him or that he bigger than the game, and most do in the league bow to him. I told him he not getting traded, point blank. I wanted t-mac to come bad, kobe is cool but he too selfish and tries to do too much. I hope he goes to the clippers. they would be decent.
Somehow get kupchak out of here quick!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!

D.X
Last edited by 'X' on July 12th, 2004, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2004, 11:10 am

THE LAKERS AND HEAT PRETTY MUCH JUST SWITCHED TEAMS. THE LAKERS ARE NOW THE TEAM MIAMI WAS LAST YEAR!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE THE YEARS SHAQ IS ABOUT TO HAVE?? HE BOUT TO PLAY IN THE EAST WHERE THERE ARE VERY FEW BIG MEN!!! SHAQ IS ABOUT TO HAVE A MONSTER SEASON, AND WHEN THEY PLAY THE LAKERS??? OH MY GOD!!!! WHO WILL GUARD HIM?? I FEEL FOR PAYTON AND MALONE BECAUSE THEY SACRIFICED ALOT(REGARDLESS OF THE YEAR THEY HAD) FOR THIS??? I READ WHERE THE SPURS ARE TRYING TO GET MALONE AGAIN, I HOPE HE GOES, I THINK THE SPURS WITH MALONE WILL DO MAJOR DAMAGE.

THE LAKERS TRADED SHAQ??? TO THE HEAT??? FOR AVERAGE PLAYERS??? THIS IS A TRAVESTY FOR THE SPORTS WORLD!!!
SAY WHAT YOU WANT, AFTER 21 YEARS OF BEING A LAKER FAN I HAVE TO ADMIT, IT'S OVER, I CAN NOT BE A FAN OF THIS SQUAD. I WILL HAVE NO TEAM AND JUST ENJOY THE GAME(AS WACK AS THE GAME IS NOW), I WILL WATCH T-MAC(WHOM THE LAKERS SHOULD OF GOT) AND HIS NEW SQUAD. THE LAKERS TRIPPED OUT ON THIS ONE. TRADED SHAQ??? TRAVESTY!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 12th, 2004, 9:25 am

D.X wrote:What are you talking about??? Do you know the game of basketball??
Yes, and much better than you do.
...kobe is cool but he too selfish and tries to do too much...
This is where you and other people are incorrect. Who the hell is Kobe supposed to pass the basketball too!?! Nobody else on that team can make a consistent shot. AND the reason he takes so many bad shots is because he teamates can't create and end passing it back to Kobe with like 7 seconds on the clock.......what's he supposed to do?!?

MAN Kobe is not selfish, he's the truest scorer in the league right now.....and sometimes you just have to let them go and create. Yeah you get some bad shots but you also create the double and triple teams of defense on you AND THEN you dish it off to your teammates. BUT those sorry MF's can't make a damn shot.
SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!
NOPE.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 12th, 2004, 9:33 am

D.X wrote:THE LAKERS AND HEAT PRETTY MUCH JUST SWITCHED TEAMS. THE LAKERS ARE NOW THE TEAM MIAMI WAS LAST YEAR!!!
If Dwayne Wade continues to play well then I would say yes.
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE YEARS SHAQ IS ABOUT TO HAVE?? HE BOUT TO PLAY IN THE EAST WHERE THERE ARE VERY FEW BIG MEN!!! SHAQ IS ABOUT TO HAVE A MONSTER SEASON
He's gonna put up huge numbers.
AND WHEN THEY PLAY THE LAKERS??? OH MY GOD!!!! WHO WILL GUARD HIM??
Who cares, just foul his sorry azz cuz he can't make free throws. OR make him guard someone on the perimeter cause he can't do that either. OR just put in OLIVER MILLER to step on his TOE and put him out for three weeks.
I FEEL FOR PAYTON AND MALONE BECAUSE THEY SACRIFICED ALOT(REGARDLESS OF THE YEAR THEY HAD) FOR THIS???
It's all part of the game.
...SAY WHAT YOU WANT, AFTER 21 YEARS OF BEING A LAKER FAN I HAVE TO ADMIT, IT'S OVER, I CAN NOT BE A FAN OF THIS SQUAD. I WILL HAVE NO TEAM AND JUST ENJOY THE GAME...
I guess now we know you're not a true LAKER fan.
I WILL WATCH T-MAC(WHOM THE LAKERS SHOULD OF GOT) AND HIS NEW SQUAD.
T-mac is a ball hog at times and he's often very lazy on defense. He's got so much God given talent that he relies on it too much. KOBE will always be a better option than T-mac.
THE LAKERS TRIPPED OUT ON THIS ONE. TRADED SHAQ??? TRAVESTY!!!
Amen too that. They would have been better off keeping him on the bench and pouting then giving him away for sorry Grant.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!
NAH.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » July 12th, 2004, 9:55 am

I see we agree on some points. But to say you know the game, come on now. Any real B-ball fan knows, trade kobe for T-mac and the lakers wouldn't skip a beat, point blank, end of discussion. Put kobe on a team like T-mac was on and kobe becomes what iverson and T-mac was, scoring leaders on sorry teams, I can GURANTEE this, at the end of next year, whatever team kobe is on, won't be the nba champions!!!! If he not locked up. When will brothers learn!!!! Leave these barbie dolls ALONE!!! We refuse to learn from our history, they trouble brothers, trouble!!!
And as far as not being a laker fan, honestly do you think the lakers or any sports player care about us who cheer them on, They paid already, and we are here on "streetgangs" gossiping about grown men. I could really care less about the lakers or any team, and besides like I said, it's not even a man's game anymore. It's all hollwood now.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 12th, 2004, 1:21 pm

^^^
Lakers could have made a good deal, but blew it. Now Payton is saying he wants a buy out of his contract if Shaq leaves????? What next??

The conversation above is interesting and will be up for debate for sometime. T-Mac is Kobe's only real rival as far as talent is concerned (V-Carter fell off two injuries ago). The question is: 1. Would Kobe have been this good without Shaq? My answer is NO. Kobe is about to learn the Hard Way!

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » July 12th, 2004, 1:40 pm

^^^ My point exactly!!! If kobe didn't have shaq or phil, he wouldn't be where he is. And T-mac is right there with kobe, hands down. Now gary want's out and malone is getting calls from the spurs(the spurs will dominate with a healthy malone). One thing for sure is that everybody bout to see what kobe gone do by himself. To many people are kobe fanatics and don't see his game for what it is. He and T-mac are only going to get better, but those who think kobe can't do no wrong is about to see the truth. The lakers tripped out on letting shaq go!!!! Shaq is stubborn and don't take the whole game serious, but come on now, who could you possibly trade him for??? And now I'm hearing the lakers are pursuing vlade divac??? It's a wrap for the lakers!!! Vlade??? It's a sad day in laker land...

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » July 12th, 2004, 1:47 pm

The Lakers need to concentrate on getting a good power forward, since Kenyon Martin is gonna sign with Denver. They need Malone back , They dont have anyone except Brian Coook at the time in that position.

Also about the Shaq trade ,Lakers might still not trade them there, Unless they dont agree To any other deals.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 14th, 2004, 11:50 am

okay DX you bring up good points too but let me say this.

We don't have to wait to see that Kobe is gonna struggle without Shaq. We already know that when Shaq is in the line up without Kobe the Lakers win more games then when Kobe is in the line up without Shaq.

And it's not fair to say Kobe will not win and thus Kobe is no good. Look how long it took Jordan to win his first title. Kobe needs a player like T-mac playing "with him" to create that Jordan-Pippen 1-2 punch. Odom is not at that level yet........but he can create for himself and he's long and athletic. HAVING SAID THAT no team wins with only 2 good players.....as we just learned the hard way. (Malone was hurt). We need a good solid bench and solid outside shooter.

Shaq had to go. He is a selfish ego-maniac who has revealed his true colors. Let him go to Miami and have 1 good year........after that he'll be the Shaq of old. No hustle, No defense, and he'll make his team lazy.

Kobe's work ethic is on a whole different level. When Kobe becomes the leader and everybody see's how hard he works..........they'll work that hard too.........all the time. I'm surprised Kobe played as well as he did during the playoffs. He plays "D" ALL GAME LONG, THEN HAS TO CARRY THE OFFENSE ON THE PERIMETER, AND WITH THE RAPE TRIAL AND ALL............It's no wonder he was out of gas by the time the Finals came by.

AND EVEN SO..........IF JUST ONE OTHER LAKER WOULD HAVE MADE SOME SHOTS..........WE COULD OF LEAST TAKEN DETROIT TO 6 OR 7 GAMES.........BUT THE WHOLE FRICKEN TEAM WENT COLD.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see a younger and faster Laker team next year. We may have to deal with Vlade for one year.......but at least he's an excellent passer and can hit a perimeter shot. The Lakers need a Kenyon Martin type.........like a Carlos Boozer type.........a young Malone basically.

Oh one more thing.......we need Payton off the bench. Say what you want but do you gusy remember two seasons ago when we lost Liu and we had problems bringing the ball up the court and starting the offense. Payton may have lost a step but HE CAN STILL BRING THE BALL UP THE COURT AGAINST ANYBODY! That quick Tony Parker I don't think stripped him once of the ball...........those are the small things most fans don't notice.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » July 14th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Im not tryin start any arguements but I think the lakers will be horrible next year, and I hope they lose cause im sick of laker fans who made up all those excuses why they lost in the finals and now I want to see what they say when the lakers suck next year,

Unread post by Guest » July 14th, 2004, 4:09 pm

It is official, Shaq is now a member of the Heat. Expect the following:

1. Lakers to barely make the playoffs (expect Dallas to fall off severely)
2. Heat to win the 3 or 4 seed in the East (maybe higher depending on who they get to help Shaq, Jones, and Wade).
3. Heat to really challenge for the Eastern title.
4. Kobe and Shaq to battle it out for the MVP title (along with Duncan and KG~the usual suspects)
5. Shaq to completely destroy the Lakers when they play their mandatory 2-games next season.
6. Possible altercation or fight between Shaq and Kobe during one or both of those games (I can see Kobe going for a highlight dunk on Shaq and I see Shaq giving Kobe a REAL foul!)

LA has just lost any hope of a championship for the next 5-6 years.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 14th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:It is official, Shaq is now a member of the Heat. Expect the following:

1. Lakers to barely make the playoffs (expect Dallas to fall off severely)
2. Heat to win the 3 or 4 seed in the East (maybe higher depending on who they get to help Shaq, Jones, and Wade).
3. Heat to really challenge for the Eastern title.
4. Kobe and Shaq to battle it out for the MVP title (along with Duncan and KG~the usual suspects)
5. Shaq to completely destroy the Lakers when they play their mandatory 2-games next season.
6. Possible altercation or fight between Shaq and Kobe during one or both of those games (I can see Kobe going for a highlight dunk on Shaq and I see Shaq giving Kobe a REAL foul!)

^^^My post

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 14th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Conman wrote:...I can see Kobe going for a highlight dunk on Shaq and I see Shaq giving Kobe a REAL foul!)

Yeah right. That panzy azz Shaq didn't foul 1 single person hard during the Detroit series. None of the Lakers did for that matter.

Look for the Lakers and Miami to split next season.

It's still early and the rosters aren't out but as time goes by I'm thinking more and more that we got the better end of the deal.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » July 14th, 2004, 5:59 pm

^^^
As a true Laker fan, I want the same, but the tension is thick. You like all other Laker fans feel it.........we are in trouble. We need a real good pf and another break you down type pg and we can do something. I am so disappointed in the Laker mgmt. right now.

Sigh............we can only wait and see what happens and if our roster looks good enough, we will at least make it to the second round of the playoffs.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » July 14th, 2004, 9:45 pm

I keep saying, you laker fans and then laker fanatics!!! Any real "basketball" fan knows the lakers have made a grave mistake trading shaq for who they did. And real b-ball fans know the lakers winning days are over. kobe will get better, but he not jordan and now everybody will be really trying to smash on the lakers now. kobe cannot win by himself!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » July 15th, 2004, 10:01 pm

I back D.X up kobe needs to improve his game 4 real!

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » July 16th, 2004, 12:14 am

D.X wrote:I keep saying, you laker fans and then laker fanatics!!! Any real "basketball" fan knows the lakers have made a grave mistake trading shaq for who they did. And real b-ball fans know the lakers winning days are over. kobe will get better, but he not jordan and now everybody will be really trying to smash on the lakers now. kobe cannot win by himself!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X
Ok come on now Kobe byhimself ? no there is Gary Payton a couple of points away from 20,000 and any player that can get 20,000 is a good player Payton will get more playing time with Fisher gone and it will help. Then you got Lamar Odom another really good player, he can help the Lakers as well, so dont count the Lakers out just yet, and Kobe improving his game 4 real? come on he is one of the best players in the NBA today, any player has to improve no one can be perfect but Kobe is about as perfect as they come.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 16th, 2004, 12:30 pm

D.X wrote:I keep saying, you laker fans and then laker fanatics!!! Any real "basketball" fan knows the lakers have made a grave mistake trading shaq for who they did. And real b-ball fans know the lakers winning days are over. kobe will get better, but he not jordan and now everybody will be really trying to smash on the lakers now. kobe cannot win by himself!!!
I'm gonna quote you so you can eat your words. It may take 2 or 3 years but we'll get back.........and when we look at this in the long run (5-10 years) the Lakers are still gonna be a premier franchise. This move was made to keep the Lakers competitive this coming year and for the next decade.

Shaq did not want to take a pay-cut in order to make the team better. He wanted the money he demanded so he could GET PAID! He wanted to be surrounded by CBA guys so long as he had his money.

IF HE COULDN'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH KOBE HELPING HIM OUT......HOW "DOMINATING" IS HE REALLY?!?

AND then he gets traded to the East and gloats about it. He openly says that there are no big Men in the East and he's gonna go off. What a puzzy.

On paper this trade is not that bad. We're younger. We're faster. We're hungrier. We're more athletic. And we still have some money under the cap to go after that power forward/center that conman talked about.

Lakers fans hang in there. I'd rather be sorry next year and start getting better real quick then be sorry over the next 5 years 'cause Shaq ate up all the money and we couldn't get anyone.

One more note.........how many times did Shaq talk about the LAKER FANS on his ESPN interview? Zero!

At least Kobe talked about "BEING A LAKER". He talked about the name on the front of the jersey instead of the back. Let's face it.....Kobe has always been more mature than Shaq......and that was one of the big problems. Kobe hated Shaq cause he didn't get in shape. Shaq hated Kobe cause he didn't give him the ball enough. Which of those two statements are more egotistical..........yup.........the MDE (MOST DISSAPOINTING EVER!)

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!
LET'S NOT.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » July 16th, 2004, 12:38 pm

el tio wrote:
I'm gonna quote you so you can eat your words. It may take 2 or 3 years but we'll get back.........and when we look at this in the long run (5-10 years) the Lakers are still gonna be a premier franchise. This move was made to keep the Lakers competitive this coming year and for the next decade.

Shaq did not want to take a pay-cut in order to make the team better. He wanted the money he demanded so he could GET PAID! He wanted to be surrounded by CBA guys so long as he had his money.

IF HE COULDN'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH KOBE HELPING HIM OUT......HOW "DOMINATING" IS HE REALLY?!?

AND then he gets traded to the East and gloats about it. He openly says that there are no big Men in the East and he's gonna go off. What a puzzy.

On paper this trade is not that bad. We're younger. We're faster. We're hungrier. We're more athletic. And we still have some money under the cap to go after that power forward/center that conman talked about.

Lakers fans hang in there. I'd rather be sorry next year and start getting better real quick then be sorry over the next 5 years 'cause Shaq ate up all the money and we couldn't get anyone.

One more note.........how many times did Shaq talk about the LAKER FANS on his ESPN interview? Zero!

At least Kobe talked about "BEING A LAKER". He talked about the name on the front of the jersey instead of the back. Let's face it.....Kobe has always been more mature than Shaq......and that was one of the big problems. Kobe hated Shaq cause he didn't get in shape. Shaq hated Kobe cause he didn't give him the ball enough. Which of those two statements are more egotistical..........yup.........the MDE (MOST DISSAPOINTING EVER!)

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!
LET'S NOT.
Wow your agianst shaq a lot, your saying like it was a bad thing having shaq those last 8 years . I can tell you it was all worth it , without shaq those last 8 years the Lakers wouldnt be nothing and wouldnt of won any titles why do you think shaq was the 3 time finals mvp?

Also It wasnt Money that Shaq wanted out, It was becuase The Lakers fired Phil without telling him they will, and Shaq knew some changes were gonna happen and he didnt want to be a part of them so he told the Lakrers some places he wanted to go , he didnt primerely say he wanted to be in the East Coast the Lakers wanted him out the the Weastern Confrence for good Shaq just picked some destinations the rest was the Lakers.

So you see dont get mad at Shaq he has helped the Lakers these past 8 years and without him the Lakers would have been nothing, and dont listen about everything the media says about Shaq and Kobe hating each other.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 16th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Past wrote: Wow your agianst shaq a lot...,
Right now I am.
...your saying like it was a bad thing having shaq those last 8 years...
No I didn't. Go read it again. I never said it was a bad thing having him for 8 years. It was a great thing having him for 8 years.
...I can tell you it was all worth it , without shaq those last 8 years the Lakers wouldnt be nothing and wouldnt of won any titles why do you think shaq was the 3 time finals mvp?...
Again, I didn't say it wasn't worth having him here. I enjoyed having Shaq here and the Championships. I'm talking about the current situation so don't mix those up.
...Also It wasnt Money that Shaq wanted out, It was becuase The Lakers fired Phil without telling him they will...,
LMAO.....That is a bunch of bull! Shaq is just saying that to take the emphasis away from the money. Shaq turned down Dr. Buss's offer back in February and had made hints that if they didn't offer more he wouldn't be back. Phil Jackson knew this and was already talking about how this would be his last season. (while Phil is a great coach he doesn't like to struggle and will not coach without having guaranteed superstars on the team).
...and Shaq knew some changes were gonna happen and he didnt want to be a part of them...
because his selfish azz wouldn't take a paycut to make room to get some more players. Did you notice we did not win the Championship again?!? We needed more ballers.
...so he told the Lakrers some places he wanted to go,...
How convenient.
...he didnt primerely say he wanted to be in the East Coast the Lakers wanted him out the the Weastern Confrence for good Shaq just picked some destinations the rest was the Lakers...
He wanted to go to the East and he wanted to go to a weak Conference. With the new realignment he is now in the weakest Conference in the entire NBA.
...So you see dont get mad at Shaq he has helped the Lakers these past 8 years and without him the Lakers would have been nothing,...
Talking shyt about them on ESPN is getting mad. He talked negatively about the organization and he cussed out Dr. Buss at a practice once.
...and dont listen about everything the media says about Shaq and Kobe hating each other...
Now that is true. But nonetheless they are not gonna miss each other.......that's for sure.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » August 16th, 2004, 12:11 pm

Father U C King the Lakers!!
LALK-Los Angeles Laker Killah all day!
put em on a wall and cross em out!!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 9:16 pm

'X' wrote:^^^ My point exactly!!! If kobe didn't have shaq or phil, he wouldn't be where he is. And T-mac is right there with kobe, hands down. Now gary want's out and malone is getting calls from the spurs(the spurs will dominate with a healthy malone). One thing for sure is that everybody bout to see what kobe gone do by himself. To many people are kobe fanatics and don't see his game for what it is. He and T-mac are only going to get better, but those who think kobe can't do no wrong is about to see the truth. The lakers tripped out on letting shaq go!!!! Shaq is stubborn and don't take the whole game serious, but come on now, who could you possibly trade him for??? And now I'm hearing the lakers are pursuing vlade divac??? It's a wrap for the lakers!!! Vlade??? It's a sad day in laker land...

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X
Tracy McGrady is right there with Koby? Laughing!!!!!!

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Future Of The Los Angeles Lakers

Unread post by Coup » June 12th, 2015, 3:43 pm

For a year or two TMac was right there with Kobe...but that was very brief. TMac was almost unguardable for awhile. His size made him a challenge in the post. Injuries did him in. Now...with all said and done...the bigger picture overall TMac was nowhere near Kobe's level. Not even close. You put career and talent, Kobe vs. TMac and Kobe wins easy.