Michael Vick dog fighting charges

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 25th, 2007, 11:27 am

SAINTJAYMES wrote:here is the thing that kills me about this whole thing let a pitbull bite somebody and watch what the powers that be have to say about that.......... i will tell you what they will say "the pitbull is a vicious anaimal and should be distroyed" in some countys it is already against the law to own a pitbull so to me it seems like a bit of a double standard. so ima spin it like this vick was only trying to help rid the world of these vicious anaimals one fight at a time :lol:
Any pet is only as good as it's owner. Anyone who claims that pitbulls alone are a vicious dog doesn't know enough about pitbulls. Pets can be like guns, when in the wrong hands, they are capable of horrible things.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 1st, 2007, 7:31 pm

All I know is this dude has fucked up and all the people around him are snitching on him to save their own asses.
Hes losing all types of money, first Nike cancels his contract w/o pay, then reebok stops selling his jersey, now Rawlings has backed outta using his likeness for their product. Then hes spending even more money trying to fight the charges.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2201
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 1:12 am

Unread post by Y.G. » August 2nd, 2007, 1:47 am

LcBwC wrote:All I know is this dude has #%@& up and all the people around him are snitching on him to save their own asses.
Hes losing all types of money, first Nike cancels his contract w/o pay, then reebok stops selling his jersey, now Rawlings has backed outta using his likeness for their product. Then hes spending even more money trying to fight the charges.

ITS FUCKED UP THAT NIGGAZ ARE SELLIN HIM OUT AND NOW NIGGAZ WILL SEE WHY NIGGAZ GO HOLLYWOOD WHEN THEY GET MONEY NOT SAYIN I WOULD BUT YOU KNOW.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 2nd, 2007, 2:56 am

vick is getting coverage cuz hes a Black starting Quarterback in the NFL.
He himself said its messed up that he is getting way more coverage then the death of Darrent Williams.
i think the mix of him being black and a starting QB makes the story more popular to the media.
look at PacMan,Tank and Maurice Clarett they been through all kinds of shit and they're black but they still didnt get as much coverage as Vick.
what do PacMan,Tank,Darrent Williams and Maurice Clarett all have in common?
they are all starters but they not QBs.
well Clarett not a starter but you get what im sayin.

plus look at the name recognition for a non football fan
PacMan-the game?
Tank-Who the fuck is tank?
Darrent Williams?
Maurice Clarett?

but if you just say Vick alot more people are gonna know who he is then the others i listed.

and yeah chris benoit killed his wife and kid but again its all about name recognition.
people dont know who the RabidWolverine is.
Lashly could've did that and still get about as much buzz as Chris.

i bet if peyton manning killed his wife and kid he would be getting WAY more media coverage then if Jason Campbell killed his wife and kid.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 2nd, 2007, 7:37 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:vick is getting coverage because hes a Black starting Quarterback in the NFL.
He himself said its messed up that he is getting way more coverage then the death of Darrent Williams.
i think the mix of him being black and a starting QB makes the story more popular to the media.
look at PacMan,Tank and Maurice Clarett they been through all kinds of shit and they're black but they still didnt get as much coverage as Vick.
what do PacMan,Tank,Darrent Williams and Maurice Clarett all have in common?
they are all starters but they not QBs.
well Clarett not a starter but you get what im sayin.

plus look at the name recognition for a non football fan
PacMan-the game?
Tank-Who the fu-- is tank?
Darrent Williams?
Maurice Clarett?

but if you just say Vick alot more people are gonna know who he is then the others i listed.

and yeah chris benoit killed his wife and kid but again its all about name recognition.
people dont know who the RabidWolverine is.
Lashly could've did that and still get about as much buzz as Chris.

i bet if peyton manning killed his wife and kid he would be getting WAY more media coverage then if Jason Campbell killed his wife and kid.
So you just rattled off names of people both black and white who are in legal trouble to some extent, some worse some not as bad as Vick and none of them are getting the media attention Vick is. So you just showed it had nothing to do with him being Black, it has more to do with him being a high profile athelete. All those other names aren't nearly as high profile as Vick is, or has been over the last few years. Vick is a huge star with a TON of money and has been in legal trouble or league trouble a number of times over the last few years. I believe THATS why it gets this kind of coverage.

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 4th, 2007, 7:12 am

im tired of hearing about his ass...him and lindsey lohan all fuckin day...im blowin up all media stations....

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 4th, 2007, 10:51 am

yep, all bout that GREEN anyway.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 6th, 2007, 6:40 pm

Y.G. wrote:
LcBwC wrote:All I know is this dude has #%@& up and all the people around him are snitching on him to save their own asses.
Hes losing all types of money, first Nike cancels his contract w/o pay, then reebok stops selling his jersey, now Rawlings has backed outta using his likeness for their product. Then hes spending even more money trying to fight the charges.

ITS #%@& UP THAT NIGGAZ ARE SELLIN HIM OUT AND NOW NIGGAZ WILL SEE WHY NIGGAZ GO HOLLYWOOD WHEN THEY GET MONEY NOT SAYIN I WOULD BUT YOU KNOW.
Money brings the real out of people, that ish they try to cover up.
Vick was stupid tho, if he wanted to get into that, he should have set it up better. He should of had it where he was in the background. Ghost. Knowing his position in life, its like think dumbie

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1010
Joined: April 19th, 2005, 9:53 pm
Location: CORONA
Contact:

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » August 6th, 2007, 7:34 pm

thats easy to say when you aint got that kinda money..............big money make a mothafocka feel above the law

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 177
Joined: July 7th, 2003, 6:24 pm
Location: Southwest Louisville,Kentucky

n

Unread post by Blues » August 8th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Y.G. wrote:
LcBwC wrote:All I know is this dude has #%@& up and all the people around him are snitching on him to save their own asses.
Hes losing all types of money, first Nike cancels his contract w/o pay, then reebok stops selling his jersey, now Rawlings has backed outta using his likeness for their product. Then hes spending even more money trying to fight the charges.

ITS #%@& UP THAT NIGGAZ ARE SELLIN HIM OUT AND NOW NIGGAZ WILL SEE WHY NIGGAZ GO HOLLYWOOD WHEN THEY GET MONEY NOT SAYIN I WOULD BUT YOU KNOW.

I hope his cousin gets busted in his mouth...........

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 177
Joined: July 7th, 2003, 6:24 pm
Location: Southwest Louisville,Kentucky

.

Unread post by Blues » August 8th, 2007, 6:25 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:vick is getting coverage because hes a Black starting Quarterback in the NFL.
He himself said its messed up that he is getting way more coverage then the death of Darrent Williams.
i think the mix of him being black and a starting QB makes the story more popular to the media.
look at PacMan,Tank and Maurice Clarett they been through all kinds of shit and they're black but they still didnt get as much coverage as Vick.
what do PacMan,Tank,Darrent Williams and Maurice Clarett all have in common?
they are all starters but they not QBs.
well Clarett not a starter but you get what im sayin.

plus look at the name recognition for a non football fan
PacMan-the game?
Tank-Who the fu-- is tank?
Darrent Williams?
Maurice Clarett?

but if you just say Vick alot more people are gonna know who he is then the others i listed.

and yeah chris benoit killed his wife and kid but again its all about name recognition.
people dont know who the RabidWolverine is.
Lashly could've did that and still get about as much buzz as Chris.

i bet if peyton manning killed his wife and kid he would be getting WAY more media coverage then if Jason Campbell killed his wife and kid.
Ummm millions upon millions of people know who Chris was man...

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Re: .

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 9th, 2007, 4:39 am

Blues wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:vick is getting coverage because hes a Black starting Quarterback in the NFL.
He himself said its messed up that he is getting way more coverage then the death of Darrent Williams.
i think the mix of him being black and a starting QB makes the story more popular to the media.
look at PacMan,Tank and Maurice Clarett they been through all kinds of shit and they're black but they still didnt get as much coverage as Vick.
what do PacMan,Tank,Darrent Williams and Maurice Clarett all have in common?
they are all starters but they not QBs.
well Clarett not a starter but you get what im sayin.

plus look at the name recognition for a non football fan
PacMan-the game?
Tank-Who the fu-- is tank?
Darrent Williams?
Maurice Clarett?

but if you just say Vick alot more people are gonna know who he is then the others i listed.

and yeah chris benoit killed his wife and kid but again its all about name recognition.
people dont know who the RabidWolverine is.
Lashly could've did that and still get about as much buzz as Chris.

i bet if peyton manning killed his wife and kid he would be getting WAY more media coverage then if Jason Campbell killed his wife and kid.
Ummm millions upon millions of people know who Chris was man...
but most if not all of those millions were wrestling fans in the US in some way.

millions of people know who Darrent Williams and PacMan jones are too but more then likely they are either football fans or live in the teams hometown.
look at The Rocks and Chris Benoits celebrity status outside of wrestling.
Rock starred in movies was on magazines that had nothing to do with wrestling in commercials and numerous other things.
Chris isn't even close to that type of stardom outside of wrestling.
so chris has a big fan base but it is limited to wrestling fans.
just goto other forums and look for a thread about the situation.
some people dont even know his name is chris benoit they just call him that wrestler guy sometimes.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 20th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Lawyer: Vick to plead guilty
By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer
1 hour ago


Atlanta Falcons' Michael Vick leaves the federal courthouse in ...
RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick's lawyer said the NFL star will plead guilty to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges, putting the Atlantic Falcons quarterback's career in jeopardy and leaving him subject to a possible prison term.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 20th, 2007, 12:17 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:thats easy to say when you aint got that kinda money..............big money make a mothafocka feel above the law
As a black man in America and the position hes in...it should have been on his toes at all times. Just look at all the things they link him to and pin on him when its not even his actual doings. He should know that there are people out there that would rather him be in a different/ lower position than he is and have the power to do it.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1417
Joined: August 9th, 2006, 7:52 pm
Location: BOOGIE DOWN BRONX

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » August 20th, 2007, 11:08 pm

fu*kin white government always trynna make a big deal outta dumb shit when its a rich black or brown man trynna make moves...over sum dumbass dogz..dnt get me wrong, im not justifiyin this shit, i jus think they makin a big ass deal out of these things...its non sense if u ask me...there r people stuffin grams of that white lady in pitbulls, y dont they talk about that??of course not, they trynna fu*k this mans life up...although they takin it wayyyy out of hand, vick did it to himself....

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 21st, 2007, 7:40 am

Vick had no choice but to cop out all of his so called cuzzins or friends snitched on him there was no way he was gonna beat that case he fukked up big time with that dog fighting bull shyt I don't know what he was thinking he,s rich and black so u know they would bring him down and try to distroy his life I feel bad for him but he has no one to blaim but himself

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 21st, 2007, 12:46 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:Vick had no choice but to cop out all of his so called cuzzins or friends snitched on him there was no way he was gonna beat that case he #%@& up big time with that dog fighting bull shyt I don't know what he was thinking he,s rich and black so u know they would bring him down and try to distroy his life I feel bad for him but he has no one to blaim but himself
Exactly, he wouldnt have beat the case in court, with 3 dudes testifying against him. So he might as well take the lesser time. Thats the messed up part about it. Cousin and bestfriend snitched on him. One dude involved started singing before 1x really knew the extent that Vick was involved. Curious to C what the NFL does.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 21st, 2007, 2:12 pm

LcBwC wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:Vick had no choice but to cop out all of his so called cuzzins or friends snitched on him there was no way he was gonna beat that case he #%@& up big time with that dog fighting bull shyt I don't know what he was thinking he,s rich and black so u know they would bring him down and try to distroy his life I feel bad for him but he has no one to blaim but himself
Exactly, he wouldnt have beat the case in court, with 3 dudes testifying against him. So he might as well take the lesser time. Thats the messed up part about it. Cousin and bestfriend snitched on him. One dude involved started singing before 1x really knew the extent that Vick was involved. Curious to C what the NFL does.
they are gonna suspend him for at least 1 year when he get back.
he put in a plea so he cant get out for good behavior so he gonna gonna get at least 12 months but up to 18.
add in the fact that he wasn't a good QB anyway i say he has no chance of coming back as a QB.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 21st, 2007, 5:34 pm

If they dont exercise the right to ban him for life, then I think he will get a lil more than a 1yr suspension. Pacman got 10 games for the ish he pulled with the threat of more depending on the outcome of pending cases. Vick actually lied to his team and the NFL when the ish first happened. Now hes taking the plea deal.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 21st, 2007, 10:13 pm

yeah scratch my other post.
he will only get 12 to 18 if he pleas to the bare minimum of the charges.
if he pleas to the gambling he will probably get banned.
if he pleas to the fighting of he dogs thats 5years per dog.
i forgot the other charges.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 3:41 am

The sad thing is its all his fault but it must suck for ur own family to snitch on u

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 22nd, 2007, 6:29 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:The sad thing is its all his fault but it must suck for ur own family to snitch on u
yeah money make everybody ya homie don't it.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 7:23 am

Maybe after he does his time he can go play football in europe or canada for chump change to get some kind of income

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 22nd, 2007, 9:57 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:Maybe after he does his time he can go play football in europe or canada for chump change to get some kind of income
Up in Canada we'll usually take NFL cast-offs but I'd still be surprised if Vick came up here. I don't think any team could afford to pay him what he'd be asking. Ricky Williams was one thing, but the guy got busted for weed. We have a much more liberal stance on weed up here so that was no big deal and he was oddly nice to reporters and was very humble. I don't see Vick being the same.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 12:39 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:Maybe after he does his time he can go play football in europe or canada for chump change to get some kind of income
Up in Canada we'll usually take NFL cast-offs but I'd still be surprised if Vick came up here. I don't think any team could afford to pay him what he'd be asking. Ricky Williams was one thing, but the guy got busted for weed. We have a much more liberal stance on weed up here so that was no big deal and he was oddly nice to reporters and was very humble. I don't see Vick being the same.
Ah Ricky Williams, thats another dumbass that has been given chance after chance and has continued to mess up...

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 12:40 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:The sad thing is its all his fault but it must suck for ur own family to snitch on u
yeah money make everybody ya homie don't it.
I know at least 2 of them knew him before the money came, loyality is a thing of the past nowadays tho.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 12:45 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:yeah scratch my other post.
he will only get 12 to 18 if he pleas to the bare minimum of the charges.
if he pleas to the gambling he will probably get banned.
if he pleas to the fighting of he dogs thats 5years per dog.
i forgot the other charges.
Thats for the hanging/drowning of the dogs. It was like 40 yrs on that charge, but they are saying that it is highly unlikely that he will get that.
The messed up thing is that even after the plea, the judge can still say that the sentence isnt good enough and give Vick what he wants...

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 22nd, 2007, 2:15 pm

I feel sorry for him cuz he had a lot of potential but at the same time i don't cuz his dumb ass should have known not to do it.
he should have been happy with being a starting QB in the NFL but no he had to do illegal shit too like a jackass.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 4:06 pm

Yea vicked messed up big time I read in the new york post and daily news that the falcins are gonna try to get vick to pay back most of his bonus money and they wanna cancel his contract it just keeps getting worst and worst for vick I wonder how much of his bonus he will have to give back I hope he gives a interview and tells why he was apart of that damn dog fighting its so sad to see all that talent go to waste only god knows how many men would love the chance to be a starting qb in the nfl and he threw it all away its very sad

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » August 22nd, 2007, 4:41 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:Yea vicked messed up big time I read in the new york post and daily news that the falcins are gonna try to get vick to pay back most of his bonus money and they wanna cancel his contract it just keeps getting worst and worst for vick I wonder how much of his bonus he will have to give back I hope he gives a interview and tells why he was apart of that damn dog fighting its so sad to see all that talent go to waste only god knows how many men would love the chance to be a starting qb in the nfl and he threw it all away its very sad
all this over a dog.

dogs rule the world :lol:

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 22nd, 2007, 7:02 pm

pistolslanga wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:Yea vicked messed up big time I read in the new york post and daily news that the falcins are gonna try to get vick to pay back most of his bonus money and they wanna cancel his contract it just keeps getting worst and worst for vick I wonder how much of his bonus he will have to give back I hope he gives a interview and tells why he was apart of that damn dog fighting its so sad to see all that talent go to waste only god knows how many men would love the chance to be a starting qb in the nfl and he threw it all away its very sad
all this over a dog.

dogs rule the world :lol:
Yea all over dog fighting I bet vick isn't getting any sleep these days

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1017
Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 10:07 pm

ATLANTA (AP) — An NAACP leader said Michael Vick should be allowed to return to the NFL, preferably the Atlanta Falcons, after serving his sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation.
"As a society, we should aid in his rehabilitation and welcome a new Michael Vick back into the community without a permanent loss of his career in football," said R.L. White, president of the NAACP's Atlanta chapter. "We further ask the NFL, Falcons, and the sponsors not to permanently ban Mr. Vick from his ability to bring hours of enjoyment to fans all over this country."

STEPHON MARBURY: "Dogfighting is a sport"

White said the Falcons quarterback made a mistake and should be allowed to prove he has learned from that mistake.

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and say Vick provided nearly all the gambling and operating funds for the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs, raising the possibility of the animal cruelty charges.

Last month, state and local leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People urged the public not to rush to judgment in the Vick case. The civil rights organization said animal rights groups, talk radio and the news media were vilifying the embattled athlete, and that his team and corporate sponsors were prematurely punishing Vick.

White said the Atlanta chapter supports Vick's decision to accept a plea bargain if it's in his best interest, but he questioned the credibility of Vick's co-defendants, saying an admission of guilt might be more about cutting losses than the truth.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: NFL | Atlanta | Michael Vick | Atlanta Falcons | NAACP
"At this point, you're not looking at guilt or innocence," White said, referring to the possible harsher sentence Vick could have received had he taken his case to trial and been found guilty. "You're thinking, 'What I better do is cut my losses and take a plea.' But if he saw this as the best thing to do at this point for his future, then I think he made the correct choice."

White said he regretted that the plea deal will mean all the facts of the case might never be known.

"Some have said things to save their own necks," White said. "Michael Vick has received more negative press than if he had killed a human being."

White said he does not support dogfighting and that he considers it as bad as hunting.

"His crime is, it was a dog," White said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Post Reply

Return to “All Sports Talk”