Michael Vick dog fighting charges

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 23rd, 2007, 6:38 am

Those animale lovers crack me up they act like kick raped and killed lil kids I know dog fighting is wrong but damn to blow it up like this they took it way to far

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 23rd, 2007, 11:23 am

Called making an example out of someone.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 23rd, 2007, 12:07 pm

LcBwC wrote:Called making an example out of someone.
True, the dogfighting charges were hefty but those gambling charges and the actual killing of the animals carried a lot of years on them too. It all adds up.

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 25th, 2007, 9:41 am

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 25th, 2007, 9:41 am

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 28th, 2007, 8:43 pm

lol some chick posted this
o.j killed a wyte woman..

he[ WALKED].

k0be raped a wyte gurl..

he [WALKED].

Vicc killed sum dogs..

HE'S GOIN 2 JAiL.

lesson 4 2day..

sticc 2 killin wyte bytches!!

ha!

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Connecticut
What city do you live in now?: 22nd St

Unread post by THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY » August 30th, 2007, 8:19 am

I UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID IT BECAUSE I LOVE DOG FIGHTING JUST LIKE I LOVE "HUNTING" BUT DOG FIGHTIN IS ILLEGAL AND BEIN THE ICON HE WAS I KNOW HE GOT MORE STREET SMARTS THAN THAT. BUT IT IZ WAT IZ HE IS A RAT NOW HE'LL DO HIS TIME I DONT LIKE HIM PERSONALLY NOMORE BUT HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TOM PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN.[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 3rd, 2007, 5:56 pm

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » October 10th, 2007, 9:47 am

Dude is going to be broke by the time he gets done with everything. Ruled yesterday that he has to pay back almost 20mil of the bonus money, and not to mention all the other people that are sueing him for past debts in business ventures, etc. The story just gets worse and worse.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 10th, 2007, 1:24 pm

LcBwC wrote:Dude is going to be broke by the time he gets done with everything. Ruled yesterday that he has to pay back almost 20mil of the bonus money, and not to mention all the other people that are sueing him for past debts in business ventures, etc. The story just gets worse and worse.
It surprises me how quick people are too forget only a few years ago he signed the biggest contract in NFL history. Even when dude pays back 20 million, he is still left with 17 million in bonus money alone. He signed d a 10-year; $130 million contract extension that guaranteed him an NFL-record $37 million in bonuses. Dude was only 24...

This does not include the money that he has already made in the NFL and off of endorsements. His ego is crushed, account bruised, but he's still sitting on millions and has enjoyed the women, traveling, and finer things in life at a young age. He don't have to ever play in the NFL again to have more money than likely every individual in this forum.

Where do people get off meddling in a rich mans business. Thats what most of us live for, to be rich. He can give away 3/4 of his money and still be rich compared to a everyday internet forum poster.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » October 10th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Mike Vick is a low-life punk for this kind of stuff. I used to watch him and he had the whole city of Atlanta in the palm of his hands. Now he's out of football and just got popped for a drug test. What a waste of talent. Why when you have so much cash, do you engage in such a immature, hetto, stupid activity like dog fighting? This guy is going to have it rough for the rest of his life. Even if he is still rich, he fukced his life up and now he will always be remembered as a "dog-fighter" and not a "footballer"

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm

HiloBoy wrote:he will always be remembered as a "dog-fighter" and not a "footballer"
He will be remembered as a Black QB first, that fought dogs-second.

When you forget he was a QB, then you will also forget he fought dogs.

To answer your question 'why'? Is because they get rediculous amounts of money that leaves many of them feeling invincible and untouchable.. and they are also human, and money doesn't always change everyone even when it should.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 11th, 2007, 9:45 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:
LcBwC wrote:Dude is going to be broke by the time he gets done with everything. Ruled yesterday that he has to pay back almost 20mil of the bonus money, and not to mention all the other people that are sueing him for past debts in business ventures, etc. The story just gets worse and worse.
It surprises me how quick people are too forget only a few years ago he signed the biggest contract in NFL history. Even when dude pays back 20 million, he is still left with 17 million in bonus money alone. He signed d a 10-year; $130 million contract extension that guaranteed him an NFL-record $37 million in bonuses. Dude was only 24...

This does not include the money that he has already made in the NFL and off of endorsements. His ego is crushed, account bruised, but he's still sitting on millions and has enjoyed the women, traveling, and finer things in life at a young age. He don't have to ever play in the NFL again to have more money than likely every individual in this forum.

Where do people get off meddling in a rich mans business. Thats what most of us live for, to be rich. He can give away 3/4 of his money and still be rich compared to a everyday internet forum poster.
How much money he has after this depends on a couple things. 1: How much money the Falcons get back from him because of those bonuses. It may be a tough legal fight but the Falcons are looking to get a good chunk of those bonuses back. 2: How much his legal fees cost because of the fight with the Falcons and other endless legal fights. 3: The Falcons can let him go and not owe him another dime after the day they let him go. so that brings us to 4: How much of what he's already been paid has he saved? That's really the big question. If he's been spending a ton of money and not saving any, it's a realistic possibility that 10-15 years from now Vick is broke as hell.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 11th, 2007, 10:27 am

1: How much money the Falcons get back from him because of those bonuses. It may be a tough legal fight but the Falcons are looking to get a good chunk of those bonuses back.

I was under the assumption they were awarded 20 million back... and his bonus was 37 million????

2: How much his legal fees cost because of the fight with the Falcons and other endless legal fights.

I'm not 100% certain but the Players Union usually fights and pays for any legal battles with the NFL/Team. Shouldn't cost him more than gas money to and from court for arbitration... I am unaware of any other legal troubles besides getting high... shit whats that another $25,000 and court restitution of $100???

3: The Falcons can let him go and not owe him another dime after the day they let him go. so that brings us to

It brings us to his biggest endorsement deal with Nike, and also Coca-Cola, Kraft and Rawlings. How much has he made from them???

4: How much of what he's already been paid has he saved? That's really the big question. If he's been spending a ton of money and not saving any, it's a realistic possibility that 10-15 years from now Vick is broke as hell.[/quote]

I agree... he may have spent crazy money.. but he can draw interest, start his own business, invest money in stocks or other businesses, when times get hard which they shouldn't ever do he can start a Pro Football Camp, sell autographs and memorabilia, and if ESPN cotinue to let their nuts grow.. i'm sure he could have a desk job next to crack head Irvin who repeatedly gets popped...

Now i'm no mathmetician but lets do some math here... 10 years at 130 million with 2005 and 2006 he likely made 26 million on his new contract.

How about his first contract? He was drafted in 2001..

2001: $5.5 Million..
2002: $8.9 Million..
2003: $3.5 Million..
2004: $12.5 Million..
2005: $23.1 Million

So my questions:

1. What other legal troubles does he have where the numbers in the lawsuit are named..
2. How much did he make from each endorser
3. Are there any rumors of blowing any millions like a $50 million dollar house
4. Any marrriage break ups or child support..
5. Unless there's something significant that I don't know about How hard is it to see this guy is rich?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 11th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Ummmmmmmmm i just wanna clear this up.
Can people please stop acting like he gettin booked really because of the damn dogs dying.
Its not the dogs the federal government is mad at him about.
Its the fact that dog fighting has alot of illegal money involved in it.

Basically
He not in trouble with the federal government cuz he killed dogs.
Its more about him making illegal money off the dogs.
the dog killing frenzy came from the crazy PETA people.

yall can continue talking about his money problems now.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 11th, 2007, 2:14 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote: yall can continue talking about his money problems now.
How much did he spend raising and fighting dogs and how much did he win or lose betting on them??? :lol:

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 11th, 2007, 2:50 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote: yall can continue talking about his money problems now.
How much did he spend raising and fighting dogs and how much did he win or lose betting on them??? :lol:
i dont know but i guess it was a whole lot.
but thats what im trying to say.
the federal government isn't going at him for taking the lives of dogs.
Its the huge amounts of money in the illegal business of dog fight gambling that they dont like.
Illegal business always leads to guns to protect the business.
now he got caught with weed in his system so don't you think they wanna know how he got the weed too?
remember as part of his bargaining agreement he has to cooperate with the the about ALL the illegal operations he knows about.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 11th, 2007, 3:44 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:1: How much money the Falcons get back from him because of those bonuses. It may be a tough legal fight but the Falcons are looking to get a good chunk of those bonuses back.

I was under the assumption they were awarded 20 million back... and his bonus was 37 million????

2: How much his legal fees cost because of the fight with the Falcons and other endless legal fights.

I'm not 100% certain but the Players Union usually fights and pays for any legal battles with the NFL/Team. Shouldn't cost him more than gas money to and from court for arbitration... I am unaware of any other legal troubles besides getting high... shit whats that another $25,000 and court restitution of $100???

3: The Falcons can let him go and not owe him another dime after the day they let him go. so that brings us to

It brings us to his biggest endorsement deal with Nike, and also Coca-Cola, Kraft and Rawlings. How much has he made from them???

4: How much of what he's already been paid has he saved? That's really the big question. If he's been spending a ton of money and not saving any, it's a realistic possibility that 10-15 years from now Vick is broke as hell.
I agree... he may have spent crazy money.. but he can draw interest, start his own business, invest money in stocks or other businesses, when times get hard which they shouldn't ever do he can start a Pro Football Camp, sell autographs and memorabilia, and if ESPN cotinue to let their nuts grow.. i'm sure he could have a desk job next to crack head Irvin who repeatedly gets popped...

Now i'm no mathmetician but lets do some math here... 10 years at 130 million with 2005 and 2006 he likely made 26 million on his new contract.

How about his first contract? He was drafted in 2001..

2001: $5.5 Million..
2002: $8.9 Million..
2003: $3.5 Million..
2004: $12.5 Million..
2005: $23.1 Million

So my questions:

1. What other legal troubles does he have where the numbers in the lawsuit are named..
2. How much did he make from each endorser
3. Are there any rumors of blowing any millions like a $50 million dollar house
4. Any marrriage break ups or child support..
5. Unless there's something significant that I don't know about How hard is it to see this guy is rich?[/quote]

He has 1 pending lawsuit from some nut who claims Vick stole his dogs and sold them on ebay to buy weapons from the Iranians. It's for 63 BILLION dollars. It doesn't have a hope in hell, but it means Vick's lawyers have to at least do some work to get it thrown out. That's work that they get paid for. Any of the work they did up until this point won't be cheap nor will any future appeals or anything to that affect. I'm not saying that's going to bleed him dry but it's added costs on money he's not making right now. It really comes down to if he was smart about his money up until this point he could coast through life never having to lift a finger again. If he spent a lot of it leading up to this point, I can very well see him running out of money at some point in the next 10-20 years with little to fall back on if no one touches this guy because of this conviction. That's literally the worst case scenario. I doubt he'll be in trouble, but it is possible.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » October 11th, 2007, 5:54 pm

The thing that gets under my skin is the fact that Vick did the dog fights for entertainment, pure and simple...

Now, I am a dog owner and I love my 2 dogs like they are my children. So the way I see it is:

A.) I read the indictment and the bets were between $1000-$4000 per fight. That's chump change for a guy who inked a $130 mil deal.
B.) Even if he did finance the building, housing, and training of dog fights, this dude was in it for the blood sport. And that is wrong! PERIOD!!

I don't care what people say about dogs being animals, if you so bad and like that type of violence, then why don't you engage in it yourself? Sign up for Extreme Cage Fighting, UFC, Tapout, etc...

But instead, you let 2 animals that can't speak or themselves go at it and watch. How fukcen chicken-shyt is that? Vick needs to be hung by a tree and let a pack of wild dogs eat his dumb ass up. Yes, I said, it, HUNG ON A TREE. And no I am not racist, if it were a white boy, Hawaiian, Mexican, whoever, I don't care, grab a noose and hang!! :twisted:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 11th, 2007, 10:44 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Ummmmmmmmm i just wanna clear this up.
Can people please stop acting like he gettin booked really because of the damn dogs dying.

Basically
He not in trouble with the federal government because he killed dogs.
Kevmac quoted someone before about this, but basically the guy said that if it was really about the animals, why didn't anyone in PETA also complain about how many cows and pigs were slaughtered and skinned for their leather balls, cleats, and gloves?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 11th, 2007, 10:56 pm

Now, I am a dog owner and I love my 2 dogs like they are my children.

Some people kiss their dogs on their nose, in the mouth, let them lick all over their face, let them sleep in the bed with them, shed all over the house, ride in the car etc etc..

You let 2 animals that can't speak or themselves go at it and watch. How #%@& chicken-shyt is that?

Who is to say if those little dogs want to be picked up, drink out of the same bowl, eat can or dry food, piss in the same yard everyday, wear a leash or collar....

Vick needs to be hung by a tree and let a pack of wild dogs eat his dumb ass up.

How would you feel if someone said dog lovers need to be caged up in the dog pound in lay in their shit and piss all day? :shock:

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » October 11th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Allhood, I think your examples are far out there.

I WAS a huge Vick fan and I really do feel sorry for the cat, but come on man, dude was in it for the bloodsport. And that is inexcusable. Like I said, if cat were Mexican, Haole, hawaiian, whatever, he needs some serious punishment. Men and women FREELY fight one another and even join the military WHICH IS A VOLUNTEER service to fight, train, kill, whatever, but dogs man, come on, what Vick did is inexcusable...

And about dog owners sleeping in cages, come on man, I have volunterred and even rescued a cat from a shelter and adopted it. I think animals are innocent and depend on humans for nuture and care. Making two dogs fight and then killing them because you lost is a sick thing to do. At least be a man and if you are into bloodsport, then choose a field where you can carry that out. Like I said, there are plenty of oppurtunity's where Vick can bang domes and tear himself up with people who are ready and willing. Just leave the animals out of it. Peace brah. Aloha 8)

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 11th, 2007, 11:21 pm

I was b's-ing ... just thought i'd throw that out there to show an example of two different types of people. I thought you were being too judgemental... dude got caught doing something people do all over the nation... and because he was Michael Vick it got blown into the media like a whirlwind..

People kill people and walk out of the courtromm a free man... somebody fights dogs and they want his him to go to jail, lose his job, and take his fame.

Its one thing to be guilty of breaking the law, its another thing asking a man to be hung for that mistake... a mistake people have been making since the Boxer and American Bull Dog were mixed for that purpose..

Horse Owners put their horses down over a severe sprained ankle or broken leg.. they rope calfs and bulls in the ring, hell, football even uses pigskins as promotion and for their football..... snakes for snakeskin, alligators for alligator boots, foxes for fur.... they need to stop trying to crucify the man and try the case in court.. there's more important shit going on in the world... while we are talking about putting down beaten pit bulls, there are people being killed in Iraq daily, in South Los Angeles daily..

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » October 11th, 2007, 11:46 pm

I agree with what you are saying brah, "major on the major and not on the minor"

Vick is being highlighted and it is because of his celeb status. Here in Hawaii we have a HUGE cock fighting society that goes on. All over the aina, people have these little huts that house roosters. Every weekend, cats are betting THOUSANDS of dollars on fights and no one say's anything. Hell, even the police are involved. It's considered "cultural" here because the Portugese brought roosters and the filipinos brought the "fight-club" mentality with the from thier land.

But how many people have heard of cock-fighting in Hawaii?? The media portrays white sand beaches with Aloha shirts and Mai-Tai's. And don't get me wrong, it is ALL-GOOD in Paradise, just not at 4am when the roosters start cock-a-dodling.

Aloha brah 8)

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 12th, 2007, 12:00 am

HiloBoy wrote:And don't get me wrong, it is ALL-GOOD in Paradise, just not at 4am when the roosters start cock-a-dodling.
Aloha brah 8)
lol

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 12th, 2007, 9:33 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Ummmmmmmmm i just wanna clear this up.

Basically
He not in trouble with the federal government because he killed dogs.
Kevmac quoted someone before about this, but basically the guy said that if it was really about the animals, why didn't anyone in PETA also complain about how many cows and pigs were slaughtered and skinned for their leather balls, cleats, and gloves?
You obviously don't know enough about PETA as they've complained about that and other stuff forever. Just because they didn't bring it back up doesn't mean they haven't screamed about it before.

Speaking of PETA, Vick just passed a sensitivity course from them. They gave him high praise for attending meetings and passing tests. Course that doesn't make headlines.