2008 Laker Playoffs

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

2008 Laker Playoffs

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » April 21st, 2008, 10:45 pm

The Lakers looked pretty good in Game 1 versus the Denver Nuggets. They pretty much did whatever they wanted to do.

dunkykong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: dodge city

Unread post by dunkykong » April 22nd, 2008, 9:28 am

4sure they did now they step that D up a lil and its on and popping 8)

I live in wizard country but imma lakers fan 4sure 8)

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » April 29th, 2008, 11:09 am

Easy sweep of the Nuggets in round 1.

Now we have a chance to rest and watch the Jazz and Rockets play.

The Jazz will be a tough matchup for the Lakers but the Lakers appear to have all the confidence and momentum that we need for Round 2.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 5th, 2008, 10:19 am

The Lakers 1-0 over the Jazz.

Its sort of amazing that the Lakers have put such an exciting team together, and all around town everybody is flying their Laker Flags.. but you can't get a good laker discussion going on this board. In my humble opinion, it reflects in the board members. No one really cares about L.A. or its sports, its all about racism and perpetrating LA Gangs.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 5th, 2008, 12:41 pm

The Lakers are back period, I don't think anyone wants to dispute that. No more disappointing regular season records/ first round playoff exits anytime soon. This new surge of energy/chemistry and camaraderie has managed to propel us deep into the playoffs and by the looks of how there playing rite now its promising.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 5th, 2008, 1:02 pm

yeah lakers is cold...i see a 4-2 playoff advancement over Utah....i see them and the celtics in the Finals...i always been a fan of Pierce since i was little....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 12th, 2008, 1:02 am

Did anyone see Kobe get block by Kirelenko of the Utah Jazz in game four of their series on May 11, 2008? I cant recall ever seeing Kobe get his shot blocked like that before.

Then Luke Walton, got his layup pinned to the backboard in that same game. Utah "Dee'd" the lakers up and won a close one in OT.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » May 12th, 2008, 1:31 am

Luke Walton got blocked by Ronnie Price last night...it was nasty. By the way Deron Williams had 29 points on 13 shots, Kobe had 33 pts on 33 shots...I'm rootin for the Jazz in this series, not because I don't like the lakers but because I don't like Derek Fisher...he's a dirty player IMO and flops more than any American player in the league...at the same time he carries himself like a saint, he has that good guy image but actually he's a dirty player (remember that flop when the refs called a foul on Monta Ellis in the second back to back game this season?)...the jazz saved his career, they picked him up, then all of a sudden he decided to go to LA when the best clinics for his daughter's problem are located in New York, Seattle and Memphis...and the Jazz didn't have to release him but they made e big gesture to him

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 12th, 2008, 12:18 pm

alexalonso wrote:Did anyone see Kobe get block by Kirelenko of the Utah Jazz in game four of their series on May 11, 2008? I cant recall ever seeing Kobe get his shot blocked like that before.

Then Luke Walton, got his layup pinned to the backboard in that same game. Utah "Dee'd" the lakers up and won a close one in OT.

Its not like we lost to a blow out, so why even point those things out? The Jazz should have never let the Lakers come back from a 12 point deficit late in the 4th to begin with. Infact if you watched the first game in Utah the Lakers had a chance as well. There's nothing to worry about if your a Lakers fan since we played fairly well in the so called "toughest arena in the leauge". The Jazz just made it a series plain and simple and its back to point A for both teams. The Jazz can't win a road game if there life depended on it, and there regular season road record shows that, any good team with championship contention can win on the road and they can't. Lakers should take this in 6.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » May 12th, 2008, 2:54 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:

Its not like we lost to a blow out
:lol: Thats a good arguement. Is that what it says under the win/loss column?

And you said "we"? How many minutes/points you had in the game?

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 12th, 2008, 4:33 pm

You sure are intelligent aren't you. Or at least you must think you are. When I say we I mean it figuratively as anyone who goes for there team could say. And your going to take the first sentence from my post, and try to be a smart ass about it? Are you slow or something? If you actually took the time to read the rest of the post I actually brought in facts about the game and not some made up BS. What did you just do? Besides come on here and randomly respond with an idiotic waste of a post.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 14th, 2008, 1:19 pm

^ Clearly wrote and explained that the Jazz has a problem winning on the road and in order to win a 7 games series against a higher seed you MUST win on the road. And 'we', means this person is a true fan, and not a band waggoner or hater, hating just for the sake of it.

My other predictions are lookng GREAT, so at this point I won't be too concerned about the Lakers losing this series.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 14th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Another road loss for the Utah Jazz!

3-2 Lakers..

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » May 14th, 2008, 11:49 pm

Glad to see our team pull out a win in a tight game...now we can be one of the few teams that catches a road win in the 2nd round come Friday.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 17th, 2008, 12:51 am

The Lakers won this series 4-2. And its off to the Conference Finals. WE looked very good and concentrated through the first three quarters before losing some of that concentration late in the third and fourth when the Lakers slaked off on guarding the three but we got it in the end and thats all that matters.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » May 17th, 2008, 1:39 am

NYTE_RYDA wrote:The Lakers won this series 4-2. And its off to the Conference Finals. WE looked very good and concentrated through the first three quarters before losing some of that concentration late in the third and fourth when the Lakers slaked off on guarding the three but we got it in the end and thats all that matters.

:lol: @ "we" :roll:

you typed about the game on this site after the game. no contribution to the win whatsoever! :lol: the lakers give a f-uck about YOU!

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 17th, 2008, 11:49 am

clipse wrote:
NYTE_RYDA wrote:The Lakers won this series 4-2. And its off to the Conference Finals. WE looked very good and concentrated through the first three quarters before losing some of that concentration late in the third and fourth when the Lakers slaked off on guarding the three but we got it in the end and thats all that matters.

:lol: @ "we" :roll:

you typed about the game on this site after the game. no contribution to the win whatsoever! :lol: the lakers give a f-uck about YOU!

Good Job!! For actually catching something that I wrote this time. I specifically wrote that to get those satin panties you wearing in a bunch and it worked. :D

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 17th, 2008, 2:51 pm

lol@clipse and nyte_ryda..

Props to the Lakers... WE took it to them... without SHAQ! :P

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 22nd, 2008, 6:53 pm

The Lakers pulled off a hell of a comeback yesterday late in the game. Showed alot of heart.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 23rd, 2008, 1:15 pm

It was a great victory but i was not impressed by Lamar odom, derek fisher, nor the defsne of Pau Gasol.. they all rely on kobe too much...''

I like the way farmar and vujacic played....

didnt like how phil coached that game....

Kobe finished like a MVP is capable of.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » May 23rd, 2008, 9:31 pm

Lakers gave it to the Spurs in a 30 point blow out tonight. Fisher and Odom rebounded from there mediocre game 1 performance. We looked real good never let the Spurs get the lead.

Return to “All Sports Talk”