Kimbo = BODIED

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Kimbo = BODIED

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 4th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Discuss

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Kimbo = BODIED

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 4th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Now set up the real heavyweight fights with Arlowski,Rogers and Big Foot.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » October 5th, 2008, 12:06 am

Wassup, Puppet? Most people don't know it, but Seth is a better fighter than Shamrock at this point. He throws sharper strikes, and I knew he'd give Kimbo trouble as soon as they announced the fight. Thing is, Kimbo's trainer probably didn't give him that kind of respect, because they would have know that he'd give Kimbo the bizness. I didn't think it would happen as fast as it did though.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 6th, 2008, 4:44 am

wat up my dude.
to tell the truth i thought managment would of just put in a bum thatwas gonna lay down for kimbo.
never would of thought he would of gotten knocked out in 24 secs.
I expected at least 1 round to pass.

http://ifs98.imagefly.info/ifs98/b6/kimbo%20tko.gif

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 6th, 2008, 5:45 am

So what happened with Shamrock? Why did they put this dude in all of sudden?

I was disappointed in this fight, being that Elite XC is what, 58 million or so in debt? and they are depending on Kimbo to be a major draw, I would have thought they would have like puppet said, thrown somebody in there that Kimbo would have ate up.

Honestly I watched this shit at Harlem Lanes and the crowd at the bar was much more excited watching Gina Carano fight lol

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » October 6th, 2008, 8:10 am

Cold Bear wrote:So what happened with Shamrock? Why did they put this dude in all of sudden?

I was disappointed in this fight, being that Elite XC is what, 58 million or so in debt? and they are depending on Kimbo to be a major draw, I would have thought they would have like puppet said, thrown somebody in there that Kimbo would have ate up.

Honestly I watched this shit at Harlem Lanes and the crowd at the bar was much more excited watching Gina Carano fight lol
Shamrock got a cut while he was rolling with a sparring partner the morning of the fight. That's the craziest shit I've ever heard. That's like a boxer sparring the morning of a championship fight. Too much risk involved.

I knew it would be hard to come up with somebody to fight Kimbo last minute, but they was just counting on the fact that Seth is much smaller. Truth be told, Seth would KO Shamrock too. He's a much better striker, and has a lot of experience. Kimbo's management just made a bad mistake and it might have cost them millions.

Kara Ben Nemsi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kara Ben Nemsi » October 6th, 2008, 8:27 am

NBC just killed their cash cow. Kimbo was an ATM machine. They should have kept feeding him tomato cans four another four or five fights raking in the benjamins and then set him up for the big fall against a big name (not Shamerock).

Either some exec didn't know the game well enough, they are ready to move on with another player, or they just have so much money they don't care to have put Seth in there because Seth is no tomato can. He's a semi final Ultimate 2 fighter who turned pro and is like 11-4-1 now I think. I would call him an average MMA fighter but in the pro sense of the word. Obviously he would do very well in the underground MMA smaller event scene.

Probably an executive F up. lol.

Kimbo Slice gave us all good entertainment. He's a big man with a lot of fighting heart. I don't care if those streetfights weren't always on the level (most of them were) or they fed him tomato cans in the ring, The rise and fall of Kimbo was something to enjoy. I guess it's back to beating thugs butts in back alleys for rent money now. Oh well. What's on ABC.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » October 6th, 2008, 8:36 am

Kara Ben Nemsi wrote:NBC just killed their cash cow. Kimbo was an ATM machine. They should have kept feeding him tomato cans four another four or five fights raking in the benjamins and then set him up for the big fall against a big name (not Shamerock).

Either some exec didn't know the game well enough, they are ready to move on with another player, or they just have so much money they don't care to have put Seth in there because Seth is no tomato can. He's a semi final Ultimate 2 fighter who turned pro and is like 11-4-1 now I think. I would call him an average MMA fighter but in the pro sense of the word. Obviously he would do very well in the underground MMA smaller event scene.

Probably an executive F up. lol.

Kimbo Slice gave us all good entertainment. He's a big man with a lot of fighting heart. I don't care if those streetfights weren't always on the level (most of them were) or they fed him tomato cans in the ring, The rise and fall of Kimbo was something to enjoy. I guess it's back to beating thugs butts in back alleys for rent money now. Oh well. What's on ABC.
I agree with everything you said, but I don't think that Kimbo is totally through. Why should he be? Everybody in MMA has been beaten and many have been crushed. Chuck was crushed by Rampage. Years ago, Wanderlei was crushed in a few seconds by Vitor Belfort... They both got a chance to train some more and come back, why can't KImbo. Anybody who trains or really knows MMA, knows that Kimbo is a really a beginner. He's probably less experienced than most of the guys who have appeared on TUF. Just because he's gotten more exposure, people expect more. He and Bas seem to be the only ones who have realistic expectations. His people just need to regroup, get him some more training (ESPECIALLY on on the ground... He didn't even try to get guard), and get back in there.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 6th, 2008, 10:48 am

Kimbo proved exactly what I've been saying on here for the last year or so on this board. He's not good at all. Elite XC had no choice but to throw Seth in there. Realistically, if they wanted to showcase Kimbo, they would have given him Arlovoski. He was there, why not let him have a chance at Kimbo? Because they figured their best case was against Seth and even that was iffy. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Kimbo may have a second chance like Creative said but Elite XC was on shaky ground financially before this fight even started, now they're fucked. Their once cash cow was shown for who he really is. There has been talk of a buyout of EXC for some time, this will only make matters worse.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 6th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Honestly I think kimbo losing was a good thing for EliteXC.
Him losing allows them to showcase the rest of there singed talent.
ProElite is the parent company of ShoXC,EliteXC, King of the Cage, Cage Rage, and ICON Sport
So thats a huge roster of fighters they can use.
then there are those Fighters with nonexclusive deals that can come over and do shows like Arlowski did.
If they just keep Kimbo on the lower portions of the televised cards i think they'll be aight.
and dude need to learn how to pull guard or roll or something cuz him just kneeling there on all fours while getting hit in the face was sad to watch.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 6th, 2008, 4:01 pm

creativemind,Cold Bear and EmperorPenguin
the SG OG status in the thread is phenomenal.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » October 6th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Kimbo was getting up....shitty ref.

lol@ Shamrock getting a paper cut then bitching out.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 6th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Azure9920 wrote:Kimbo was getting up...._____ ref.

nah you gonna have to watch that again.
kimbo was on the floor takin shots and not doing anything.
ref had to stop it.

and fuck the announcer that called dude rocky for knocking out kimbo.
As a Philadelphian that shit was disrespectful.
muhfucca called it the greatest upset in mixed martial arts.
Serra/GSP was much much much much much much much more surprising then this.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 6th, 2008, 7:33 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:creativemind,Cold Bear and EmperorPenguin
the SG OG status in the thread is phenomenal.
I see you Puppet! lol

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 7th, 2008, 9:57 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Honestly I think kimbo losing was a good thing for EliteXC.
Him losing allows them to showcase the rest of there singed talent.
ProElite is the parent company of ShoXC,EliteXC, King of the Cage, Cage Rage, and ICON Sport
So thats a huge roster of fighters they can use.
then there are those Fighters with nonexclusive deals that can come over and do shows like Arlowski did.
If they just keep Kimbo on the lower portions of the televised cards i think they'll be aight.
and dude need to learn how to pull guard or roll or something because him just kneeling there on all fours while getting hit in the face was sad to watch.
Good thing as far as being able to finally show off some other talent, bad thing because frankly I think it's too late. Elite's ratings only seem to do any good when Kimbo was on TV, the Lawler vs. Smith II fight did horrible ratings compared to the Kimbo fights. I think Elite put all their financial eggs in one basket and now they're up shit creek without a paddle. Good for the talent, bad for the promotion. And I should clarify that it's not Elite XC so much as ProElite as a whole that stands to fold or be bought out by someone else.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » October 7th, 2008, 4:25 pm

well Kimbo wasnt trainin for dude,took the fight and got broke off.
what i dont like is that the deck is stacked when he that popular,MMA record is minimal,pro experience with people that fight and train very limited,but people want him in there with true tried warriors of the cage,yeah i expect somethin like that to happen,instead of a steady progression of fight and escalation of talent to contender level say like boxing.
congrats to Seth,for bein ready when that oppurtunity came knockin

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 8th, 2008, 9:20 am

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/elitex ... tand-14673
EliteXC Denies Paying Petruzelli to Stand

Tuesday, October 07, 2008
by Sherdog.com Staff

Seth Petruzelli, who stopped Kimbo Slice on Saturday in Sunrise, Fla., said in an interview Monday that EliteXC officials had paid him to stand with Slice instead of taking him to the ground.

“My original plan was to throw out push kicks -- they’re called ‘teeps,’” Petruzelli said when asked about his strategy during the Monsters in the Morning Show on 104.1 FM in Orlando, Fla. “Throw out push kicks, have him think that I’m going to throw them to try to rush in more and then shoot in on him obviously.”

Petruzelli was then asked whether he wanted to avoid Slice’s standup, and he noted his training with professional boxers as evidence in his confidence.

“I knew I would do all right, actually, standing up with him, but the promoters kind of hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down -- let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”

Petruzelli, a 28-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., accepted the matchup on extremely short notice. He was supposed to fight on the undercard, but Slice’s scheduled opponent, Ken Shamrock, was cut over his left eye and medically disqualified from competing just hours before the event.

EliteXC officials scrambled for a replacement, and Petruzelli took the fight. Compared to Slice -- who, while popular, had only three professional bouts going into Saturday and was known strictly as a puncher -- Petruzelli was the more experienced and well-rounded competitor.

In the opening seconds, Petruzelli dropped Slice with a short right hand and then finished him off with strikes on the ground.

“Obviously we didn’t pay [Petruzelli] to stand,” EliteXC Head of Fight Operations Jeremy Lappen told Sherdog.com on Monday when informed of Petruzelli’s comments. “Kimbo had trained for months to fight a guy who’s fighting on the ground. We don’t care if people stand or take people down or what. It doesn’t matter to us. All we want is an exciting fight.”

Petruzelli had not returned calls from Sherdog.com at the time of this report. However, in a follow-up interview with FiveOuncesOfPain.com, he suggested that his statements during the radio interview had been twisted and he denied that EliteXC had tried to influence his strategy with money.

“What was meant to be said was that I wanted to keep the fight standing for myself because I knew that was what the crowd, the promoters, and everyone wanted to see because that’s more exciting than just taking someone to the ground,” Petruzelli told FiveOuncesOfPain.com. “That was my thing only. I wanted to keep it exciting, so I decided to keep it standing. It had nothing to do with anybody else. That was all me.”

According to the Florida State Athletic Commission, Petruzelli was paid $50,000 for his win over Slice, which included a $15,000 win bonus. During the 104.1 FM interview Monday, he said he was paid in the “six-figure range,” though it is common for fighters to be paid additional compensation that is not reported through athletic commissions.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 8th, 2008, 9:21 am

looks like somebody fucked up.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » October 8th, 2008, 2:02 pm

There's rumours going around that Kimbo got paid 500k to lose on purpose too lol.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 8th, 2008, 6:18 pm

that was the 500k he was guaranteed for taking the fight.
Purse money.

Kara Ben Nemsi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kara Ben Nemsi » October 10th, 2008, 9:15 am

On a sidenote, it will be interesting to see if his woman stays with him through this. You can tell a lot about people by how that handle the tough times.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 21st, 2008, 10:30 am

Just to update those following along, Pro Elite officially folded today. I doubt UFC will buy up the Elite XC name like they did Pride, they'll probably just pick off the bits of talent they want here and there. Kimbo will be back making videos off the streets of Miami soon enough. I wonder how much YouTube pays now a days? :)

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 21st, 2008, 11:49 am

the ufc should sign Kimbo and put him against shane carwin his first fight.
Carwin should be getting more exposure then he's getting now.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 21st, 2008, 12:05 pm

fighters i know for a fact the ufc will go after
Eddie Alvarez<----probably the best free agent on the market right now AND i think he could be good enough to take BJ's belt.
Jake Shields
Antonio Silva

others that may be considered
Brett Rodgers
Paul "Semtex" Daley
Wilson Reis
KJ Noons

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 21st, 2008, 1:07 pm

Hi, Im SouthPhilly and i approve this message.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 21st, 2008, 1:23 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:fighters i know for a fact the ufc will go after
Eddie Alvarez<----probably the best free agent on the market right now AND i think he could be good enough to take BJ's belt.
Jake Shields
Antonio Silva

others that may be considered
Brett Rodgers
Paul "Semtex" Daley
Wilson Reis
KJ Noons
Silva is suspended, I don't know if the UFC will touch him just yet. The others seem legit but Noons seems flighty and a bit of a hassle (ala Tito Ortiz) so I don't know if the UFC will go after him right away either. Shields would be a good matchup for GSP, just to have GSP destroy what use to be the EXC champ. Kind of like the UFC having the Hendo lose his belt to Rampage and Anderson. It's their way of proving a point their organization is better then the others.

Kara Ben Nemsi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kara Ben Nemsi » October 24th, 2008, 2:57 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:

In my opinion, it's just another chance for the narcisstic egotistical pretend tough guy to run his mouth. Dana is a good promoter/pimp but you have to learn not to take him seriously. He's a mouthpiece.. a marketeer: not a fighter.

Lars from Metallica acts the same way but at least he's an artist.

Hi, Im SouthPhilly and i approve this message.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 12th, 2008, 5:12 am

the dude that battered kimbo was an uphill miner.unbelievable.

TheUrbanSage
What city do you live in now?: Sin City

Unread post by TheUrbanSage » December 18th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Kimbo has signed a deal with K-1. He was one of the guest announcers at the Grand Prix show.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 18th, 2008, 9:47 pm

I wanna see him fight remy bonjasky
but we all know he is gonna fight Bob sapp if he fights in k-1

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 18th, 2008, 9:49 pm

haha oh shit i did a search and wikipedia shows that Bob sapp already beat Seth Petruzelli

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » December 19th, 2008, 12:11 am

Damn is this guy quitting MMA already? If he was passionate about it he should continue to pursue it, true he lost a fight but everyone loses in MMA so its no big deal. But I guess since Elite XC went bankrupt and Dana already said UFC has no interest in signing him his best bet is to go to K-1.