BERNARD HOPKINS A BOXING LEGEND

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
freebanger
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Baltimore

BERNARD HOPKINS A BOXING LEGEND

Unread post by freebanger » October 26th, 2008, 11:51 pm

The Executioner whipped the undefeated kelly pavlik a 26 year boxer who was dominating , and Bernard hopkins 43 yrs old .....experience v.s. youth , the OG puttin a hurtin on the youngster 17 yrs. younger than him tool him to oldschool.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Re: BERNARD HOPKINS A BOXING LEGEND

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » October 27th, 2008, 11:43 am

I really thought Hopkins was going to lose this fight, because he was getting old and I thought Pavlik would have knocked him out. However, I was wrong. WHatever I think we saw in the Calzaghe fight, that just wasn't his night. I think he is going to have a few more fight then retire.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 12th, 2008, 5:10 am

shame he got battered by calzaghe.

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » May 16th, 2009, 3:33 pm

I wish everybody would get off Calzaghes jock like he's one of the greatest of all time. Fuck off.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » February 23rd, 2011, 1:26 pm

When Hopkins beat Trinidad, that put him on the map, even though he had a great record already, people never heard of B Hop, and Calzaghe is a dam good fighter, been watching him for years. Give him his credit.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » February 24th, 2011, 10:23 am

if you know anything about boxing accept the fact calzaghe is a great, hes welsh not english so im not biased, quite the opposite in fact, a 46 and 0 record ought to tell you something, not to mention who hes beat, ok roy jones and b-hop past their prime, and eubanks, but not brewer/kessler/mitchell, he beat lacy who was sposed to be the next big thing like he was his dad, ive never seen anyone schooled so badly in a boxing ring, got to hand it to lacy for the strength to actually TAKE that beating - face it, the geezer is an all timer...

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » February 24th, 2011, 11:41 am

Bernard Hopkins is definately a Legend. He held the title for a long time, and he has had some good upsets as an older fighter. In reference to Calzaghe. I'm not sure that I would give him the status of great fighter just yet. I believe that alonso had accurately labeled him as "a damn good fighter". While his skills are exceptional, I don't think that he has been tested enough to be considered great. Everyone knows that Jeff Lacy has a glass jaw. He could never win the big fights against top level opponents or champions. So I don't even count him as a challenge. I think that Calzaghe has the potential to be great, but is not quite there yet. @clifford- I did not know he was welsh. I thought he was from England. Good Info.

Return to “All Sports Talk”