Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He Wants To Fight Manny Pacquiao

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He Wants To Fight Manny Pacquiao

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 9th, 2008, 8:06 pm

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Floyd-Mayweat ... Blog-15771
This Fight Might Just Make Boxing Semi-Relevant Again. Mayweather Says He Wants To Fight Pacquiao.

I used to watch a fair amount of boxing back in the days when it was prominently featured on Showtime and HBO. Eventually, it just kind of slipped off my list of things to do. Perhaps that was because Mike Tyson sort of slipped a bit too, or say a lot. Either way, about the time Tyson became irrelevant was about the time I stopped tuning into boxing.

Since that time, MMA has filled the gap. And that's not just for me personally, that's pretty much true for the entire sports landscape. In fact, MMA's gotten so big that people haven't just put boxing on death's doorstep, they've already buried it 6-feet deep.

But that may change, at least for a few months. Word out of Floyd Mayweather's camp is that the man who is "retired" at 39-0 as the best living boxer in the world, wants to fight Manny Pacquiao.

Janelle Mayweather, the boxer’s cousin, told family members he called her early Sunday morning — moments after Manny Pacquiao’s stirring win over Oscar De La Hoya on Saturday night in Las Vegas — and stated his hopes to fight again and reunite with his father.

“My niece said my son told her he wanted to fight Pacquiao next, and that he wants me to train him for the fight,” Mayweather Sr. said.

Just for the record, Pacquiao's camp has always said they'd be open to scheduling a fight with Mayweather.

Now, this isn't a classic heavyweight bout, but it would be the best matchup in boxing in literally the last decade or even the last two decades. Mayweather was considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world when he retired while Pacquiao currently holds that distinction.

This fight will also produce exactly what Mayweather loves: money. Yes, the jackass known for making it rain with fake Benjamins and turkeys loves money, and if he agrees to the fight, he'll have it dumped on his front lawn in truckloads.

This fight would also be extremely compelling for another reason. Pacquiao is a very classy fighter, and overall an incredibly swell guy. Mayweather, meanwhile, is a complete and utter sh**head who's about the most pompous piece of crap in the world. It creates a beautiful marriage of good versus evil on the grand stage, and a chance for someone to finally put Mayweather's cocky ass on the mat. By the way, guess who I'll be rooting for?

Will this fight save boxing? No, you need multiple epic bouts to bring boxing completely back from the dead. But this fight, if it happens, will at least resusitate it for a good long while.

Floyd wants to fight Manny Pacquiao [The Grand Rapids Press] via [You Been Blinded]

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He Wants To Fight Manny Pacquiao

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 9th, 2008, 8:08 pm

whoever gets there jab working first wins.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » December 9th, 2008, 8:57 pm

floyd has two things tht odl dident speed to counter those wide punches manny likes to throw and a great defence.I like floyd in one of his most exciting fights.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » December 10th, 2008, 12:28 am

Damn if it does happen it'll be one exciting fight. I will say Floyd takes a close decision in this one, but Manny impressed me a lot in his last two fights and keeps improving. I hear that Pac's next fight is likely to be against Ricky Hatton though at 140 which if it is the case i'll take Manny in a mid to late round ko/tko.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 10th, 2008, 7:47 pm

If the Pac-man/Mayweather fight goes down i think its a toss up but whoever wins wins decisively.
Im thinking at least a 3-4 round advantage for the winner but no KO.
If Floyd wins its because Manny cant touch him and hes killing manny with the counter punches.
If manny wins its because Mayweather is getting hit way to often and is getting rattled by chippy combos.
55/45 for floyd tho if i had to bet money.

galex323
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by galex323 » December 12th, 2008, 8:30 pm

WELL ZAB IS SUPPOSE TO FIGHT PAC IN MAY SO THAT FLOYD FIGHT WONT HAPPEN FOR A MINUTE U HAVE TO BE READY TO BLEED IF U GONNA FIGHT PAC DONT GET IT TWISTED IM PULLIN FOR FLOYD THOUGH BUT IS PRETTY BOY WILLIN TO GO TO WAR FOR THAT??

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 13th, 2008, 12:53 am

fuck Zab judah.
Manny needs to fight Cotto/Hatton/Mayweather
he just styled on Oscar so he better get another big fight quick so he can build his fanbase.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » December 15th, 2008, 7:10 pm

let Mayweather do what he does best , yap , cant stand to see another boxer do way more damage than he did , he need to stay retired cause he dont fight nobody until they get old or beat up

Pacquiao aint gotta do shit but kick ass and cash checks

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » December 17th, 2008, 11:22 pm

For reals Pac is suppose to fight Zab now? Is it official? Zab has gotten so many chances against top tier competition and blows it every time, its not even funny. I don't think he deserves this fight against Pac. Though Zab did give Mayweather some problems early on with his speed, the thing is he fades as the rounds go on just like against Floyd and Cotto. I think Pac will do the same, Pac puts on relentless pressure and has cardio for days. I just don't think Zab has the mental make up to become champion. I'm pulling for Pacman on this one (if it is indeed official) so we can hopefully see Pac vs. Hatton or Mayweather one day.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » December 19th, 2008, 11:15 am

Manny Pacquiao vs Zab Judah ??
this must be a warm up fight until the real fight gets negotiated