Chauncy Billups - point guard

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Chauncy Billups - point guard

Unread post by alexalonso » May 22nd, 2009, 1:13 am

I never seen Chauncy's game until the finals of 2004 when Detroit beat the Lakers 4 games to 1 in the finals. Chauncy Billups has become one of my favorite point guards. He does not make alot of mistakes, makes most of his free throws, is patience, and can shoot inside and outside. The only other point guard I would take over Billups is Dwayne Wade. I think Billups is one of the best points in the league

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Re: Chauncy Billups - point guard

Unread post by 353 » May 22nd, 2009, 8:49 am

He was 1 of the best comin out of high school,gettin recruited by all the big schools
stayed at home ,went to Colorado,a program that dont get potential NBA type,2 years and off to the league
he wasnt performing up to draft expectations,and thats why he was bounced around until Detroit let him run
now he known as Mr Big Shot,got a ring,and still 1 of the better point guards in the league,a real floor general

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 22nd, 2009, 11:03 am

I have a personal dislike for Billups and if you're not a serious gambler then I wouldn't expect you to side with me or even try to understand my assertions, but I wouldn't put much stock in Billups or list him in my top 5 guards for my team.

The guy is good, he 'appears' to be a good leader, he handles the offense well, doesn't make many mistakes, but he is not a Hall of Fame guard, or will even considered unless he gets another ring. Announcers are only jocking him because he is a 'nice' guy, and doesn't give the game a black eye, but more so because they can't stand Allen Iverson and are trying their best to rub it in AI's face.

Since 04' Billups has done nothing but choke in the playoffs. As great of a free throw shooter he is, he misses them in the clutch. He's too calm and controlling to play point guard when there is a sense of urgency. He'll walk the ball down court and run the shot clock out. If nothing is worst than a turnover late in the game then missing clutch free throws come close.

Besides this playoff season and the 02' season his free throw percebtage is actually lower than normal. This year and 02' he has better numbers than all of his years with the Pistons, thats because Minnesota and Denver are scoring teams as opposed to the Pistons were a defensive team. This is in part why it looks like all of a sudden Billups is one the best guards in the game.

Defense is part of the game also. Most great players also play good defense. When you need a steal Billups won't get to the ball like a Rondo, Kidd, Kirilienko, Ariza, Bryant, Wade, etc..

Billups is not going to get you rebounds like some of the other/better guards, he only gets floor boards. thats why Billups can't push the ball as often as the other more exciting, elite guards in the league.

I'm far from a basketball expert but as a gambler that studies visuals, there are several other guards that i'd prefer to have on my team or bet on such as: Kobe Bryant LAL, Dwayne Wade MIA, Deron Williams UTA, Chris Paul NO, and Brandon Roy: POR,

Some you could argue for OJ Mayo (Upcoming)MEM , Kevin Durant OKC, Steve Nash PHX, Tony Parker: SAS, Kevin Martin SAC, Joe Johnson ATL, Brandon Roy: POR, Jamal Crawford, Gilbert Arenas, WAS

Others that I don't care for but are also decent or on the decline- Jason kidd Dal, Baron Davis LAC (As bad as Billups), Vince Carter NJ, Allen Iverson DET, and Mo Williams CLE.

Bottomline, he's a general in his own right, but I think he is overrated, 1 championship ring with arguablly the best team in the last 10 years, chokes at the line when it counts, doesn't do enough on defense; steals/rebounds.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 22nd, 2009, 2:45 pm

fuck Chauncy Billups
fuck Hedo Türkoğlu
fuck Larry Fitzgerald
fuck Clinton Portis
fuck Jose Reyes
fuck Shinya Aoki
fuck Rugal Bernstein
fuck Metal Sonic
fuck Jim Jones
fuck that dude that broke Kid Yamamoto arm in the Olympic trials

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » May 22nd, 2009, 2:57 pm

Anyway, I am torn between Chauncy...

But you know what they say, "cooler heads prevail"...

So w/ Billups being a calm cat, the "W" is what matters in the end...

Sure Kobe is more deadly...

LeBron more exciting but in the end...

A win is a win...

Unless the Lakers are up big, Kobe starts taking horrible shots not trusting his team and then WHINES every time he touches the ball. Its like he wants the refs to determine the game...

And LeBron, sometimes he passes too much. The cat is more like Magic Johnson than Jordan. He needs to learn to be the man and take the last shot, thats what great players do/did...

Chauncy does small things, nothing to fancy nothing to dumb, the dude is cool as a cucumber....

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 22nd, 2009, 3:49 pm

But you know what they say, "cooler heads prevail"...

One ring.

So w/ Billups being a calm cat, the "W" is what matters in the end...

When do we begin counting the 'W's?

Sure Kobe is more deadly...

the dude is cool as a cucumber...

He looks like he takes them up the ass!

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 23rd, 2009, 2:28 pm

as a lifelong piston fan i must give my 2 cents...chauncy is by far the best point guard left in the playoffs...fisher, skip, and whoever the cavs point guard is cant touch him...he may not get you rebounds like du said...and he may not get you too many steals...but he makes the right play with the ball in his hands...he'll take the big shot and hit it...he'll make the right pass...and he's not a crybaby...one of the best on the ball defenders in the game...he doesn't get blown by and allow the opposing guard to get into the lane...he plays hard every night and 9 nights out of 10 brings his "A" game...if chauncy wasn't on the nuggets they'd be out the playoffs by now...as for the AI trade...AI id done crispy burnt...he's way past his prime and cant defend...while chauncy continues to produce night after night against every team in the league...high

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » May 23rd, 2009, 2:57 pm

I agree Highinsp about Chauncy, but what I dont agree w/ is your profile saying Cali bud is the best in the world...LOL

Homeboy, I need to send you some of that Big Island Kona Gold...

Cali budds are definitely up there but too many synthesized plants, too much wack booty dirt budd from mexico and too many false claims of "the chronic"...

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 23rd, 2009, 10:22 pm

HiloBoy wrote:I agree Highinsp about Chauncy, but what I dont agree w/ is your profile saying Cali bud is the best in the world...LOL

Homeboy, I need to send you some of that Big Island Kona Gold...

Cali budds are definitely up there but too many synthesized plants, too much wack booty dirt budd from mexico and too many false claims of "the chronic"...
thats what we call work...i might hype up some good kush for work...but be cheefing on HEADBAND for the P.S...just last week my homies primo came down from the islands...and he said without a doubt cali bud was better then anything out there...we do it indoor with 1000 watt lights and proper flush...up north does it outdoor organics...however you wanna call it...cali got it on lock...oh and just to put a little more crema on the tacos...if i cant get some kill on the calles...ill just go to a storefront and buy it...after looking at 20-50 different types...high
s.p. kona gold is a mid grade...sativas aint to popular...i fuck with them indicas...or indica dominate hybrids

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » May 23rd, 2009, 10:40 pm

Obviously you havenʻt been out of Cali...

Your WHOLE state is flooded w/ bonk ass mexican erb...

WTF is s.p kona gold, vato this aint scrabble...lol

Its all good carnale, when you hit the Land, get at me and weʻll smoke and choke...

Peace vato...

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 23rd, 2009, 10:58 pm

HiloBoy wrote:Obviously you havenʻt been out of Cali...

Your WHOLE state is flooded w/ bonk ass mexican erb...

WTF is s.p kona gold, vato this aint scrabble...lol

Its all good carnale, when you hit the Land, get at me and weʻll smoke and choke...

Peace vato...
aight im gonna give up a little game for you...mexican erb...is sold in the hood to little kids and dirt poor pysas...chronic is sold to high school kids and vary in quality...once you've been puffing for 20+ years in cali...you get to understand the scene...and have straight kill...1-2 bong rips max...shit like headband, pure kush, fruity pebbles, sour diesel...shit that you have to know somebody to get...i havent smoked mexican herb since like 92 in high school...kona gold is a mid grade strain here in cali...not the worst...but fffffaaaaarrrrrr from the best...high
and if i ever get out 2 hawaii ill pm you...we can sesh fo sure...but i dont think thats gonna happen any time soon

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » May 23rd, 2009, 11:48 pm

Right right homie...

Check this out though, I have had the good fortune to do some traveling and got a chance to hit the Netherlands, Delft, Rotterdam, Leiden, and Amsterdam...

Smoke shops aka Coffee shops had Thai Stix from Thailand, Afghan budds, Jamaican Red Hair Hydro, B.C budds, the list goes on and on...

Once you toke a few of those real, natural, erb, you get the picture...

All Im saying is Cali budds arent the best in the world...

You have to see the world in order to judge the world, at least thats what I believe...

Buts it all good vato, like I said, the offer is there, once you hit the aina, hit me up...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 24th, 2009, 9:09 pm

Chauncey only got one ring, will need at least another, but the way he handled the Lakers in 2004 with Detroit and he is giving problems to the 2009 Lakers. I cant think of 5 other point guards that I would take over Billups.

1. D Wade
2. Tony Parker (Billups has more assists)
3. Chris Paul (maybe, but still young and unproven - had a terrible 2009)
4. Deron Williams (maybe - Billups averages more points per game)
5. who else???????

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 24th, 2009, 9:40 pm

alexalonso wrote:Chauncey only got one ring, will need at least another, but the way he handled the Lakers in 2004 with Detroit and he is giving problems to the 2009 Lakers. I cant think of 5 other point guards that I would take over Billups.

1. D Wade
5. who else???????
#5 would be brandon roy...but hes a shooting guard...whats the dudes name from orlando that got hurt???hes got to be up there
but right now in the playoffs...chauncy is the best point guard...without a doubt...high

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 25th, 2009, 7:52 am

alexalonso wrote:Chauncey only got one ring, will need at least another, but the way he handled the Lakers in 2004 with Detroit and he is giving problems to the 2009 Lakers. I cant think of 5 other point guards that I would take over Billups.

1. D Wade
5. who else???????
gotta take Wade off that list cuz he a 2guard.

HIGHINSP wrote:#5 would be brandon roy...but hes a shooting guard...whats the dudes name from orlando that got hurt???hes got to be up there
but right now in the playoffs...chauncy is the best point guard...without a doubt...high
jameer nelson not playing defense on anybody.

but yeah Chauncy is the best pg in the playoffs right now.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 25th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Best PG in the playoffs right now doesn't say much; There's a bunch of PG's thats not in the playoffs.

Steve Nash
Chris Paul
Tony Parker
Deron Williams
Jason Kidd
Gilbert Arenas
Rajon Rondo
Baron Davis
Mike Bibby

But you're right, Chauncey Billups is the best PG remaining and obviously better than old, slow, no defense of D. Fisher,

Everyone looks good against the Lakers because their defense is soft with goons like Gasol and Odom. They just stand under the basket staring at Ariza and Kobe hoping for a steal. Thats why I had already mentioned the lakers would have a tough time with Denver, but they will overcome all this hype surrounding Billups, Melo, Bird man, Karl etc.

Last game Billups had 4 turnovers, didn't get to many rebounds, no crucial steals, and in 2 of the 3 games he choked at the line. All (except turnovers) of which I already stated days ago and he's proving it to you right now.

Chris Paul may be young and unproven, but at the sametime in his career Boston had already given up on Cahuncey.

In Minnesota he was asked to shoot the ball, shoot shoot and shoot, he managed a 9.0 scoring average. He ended up being traded over and over, played for like 6 teams in 5 years. Even though he is much better, more spotlight, and everyone giing him props now, its hard to forget that these are not the sign or such a great player.

He DID THAT in 2004 against the Lakers- Finals MVP.. but as a Laker fan that was an underachieving Laker team with a Fat Out of Shape and LAZY Shaq down there, and the same wack ass Fisher on defense letting Billups drive through the lane.

Lakers 2 Nuggets 1

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 25th, 2009, 10:13 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Best PG in the playoffs right now doesn't say much; There's a bunch of PG's thats not in the playoffs.

Steve Nash
Chris Paul
Tony Parker
Deron Williams
Jason Kidd
Gilbert Arenas
Rajon Rondo
Baron Davis
Mike Bibby

Lakers 2 Nuggets 1
billups is better then...nash whos tooo old...kid whos tooo old...arenas whos been hurt for like 2 years...davis who gets hurt tooo much...and bibby whos just not as good period...and Lakers 2 / Nuggets 2

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 26th, 2009, 12:00 am

led the team in scoring in that rout against the Lakers. this guy got much game.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 26th, 2009, 12:06 am

Yeah,

I think Steve Nash & Baron Davis are elite point guards, but Nash's outside shooting is suspect. He is a great passer but I would pick Billups over Nash. Baron Davis is a highlight real. I has great game but when I watch him, he doesnt seem like a team player. Yes he got much game, but again, I pick Billups over them.

I didnt know that D Wade was primarily a 2 guard - Jason Williams I guess is the point on the Heat.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 26th, 2009, 7:58 am

alexalonso wrote: I didnt know that D Wade was primarily a 2 guard - Jason Williams I guess is the point on the Heat.
mario chalmers is there point.
Jason Williams retired after last season i think.

Rondo > Billups
and derrick rose about be there too.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 26th, 2009, 1:48 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
alexalonso wrote: I didnt know that D Wade was primarily a 2 guard - Jason Williams I guess is the point on the Heat.
mario chalmers is there point.
Jason Williams retired after last season i think.

Rondo > Billups
and derrick rose about be there too.
yep rose gave rondo a run for his money...i think rondo has the most complete game of any point guard in the league...he just cant take over a game YET...he can control the tempo...and protect the ball...but he doesnt have that killer instinct that only a few have...high

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 26th, 2009, 8:34 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:but he doesnt have that killer instinct that only a few have...high
but with piru pierce,jesus,and the big ticket on the team that muhfucca gotta pass the ball.
he cant really take 30 shots a game now...

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 27th, 2009, 3:18 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
HIGHINSP wrote:but he doesnt have that killer instinct that only a few have...high
but with piru pierce,jesus,and the big ticket on the team that muhfucca gotta pass the ball.
he cant really take 30 shots a game now...
did you just cal ray allen jesus...hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » May 28th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Chauncey is my favorite player in the NBA. He makes his team around him better. I think you can see that by how the pistons did this season and how the nuggets did this season. Props to you alonso for giving props where they are due as you being a Laker fan and how Chauncey has had the lakers number. Even though it looks like the lakers are going to take this series with the nuggets. Most likely in game 7.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 30th, 2009, 2:49 pm

All I have to say now is...

at home (In Denver),

What did Chauncey score in a huge, elimination game? 10
From the Field? 2-7
Turnovers? 5

Now hopefully you can see you don't have to be the best point guard in the league to still be playing this late in the season. Obviously Chauncey is a good player, just as obvious as he choked in the big game like I expect.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » May 30th, 2009, 2:52 pm

You know something that i found funny/ironic.. did you hear Van Gundy during game 6 in Denver mention that no one on Denver was playing with any sense of urgency? He only missed one free throw but I laughed cause the game was still tight.. Chauncey disappeared in game 7.. too many turnovers in the last couple games (5 and 6).

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 30th, 2009, 9:49 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:did you just cal ray allen jesus...hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah
you not know nothin 'bout jesus

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HIGHINSP » June 1st, 2009, 11:47 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
HIGHINSP wrote:did you just cal ray allen jesus...hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah
you not know nothin 'bout jesus

your right...thats some comedy...high

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 16th, 2010, 12:19 am

The Media plays too many mind games with its viewers.. they had everyone talking about how great Chauncey was two years ago, but you didn't hear his name in any discussions last year.

Anyone thats hot, they pump up.. anyone they hate- they pump his opponent or predecessor up... it was Kobe and Allen Iverson they were indirectly hating on... Chauncey is MIA... and you rarely ever hear announcers mention that he only has ONE ring... with the great Piston teams that he played with and the Overrated Nuggets...

Chauncey and Carmello need to go to L.A.... haha... Clippers!

j/k... those 2 dudes need a change of scenery though. They have to find a team capable of beating Boston/Miami/or LA. or they'll end their careers quietly.