Rampage dont want it with Lyoto NOOOOOOO

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Rampage dont want it with Lyoto NOOOOOOO

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 29th, 2009, 11:01 am

‘Rampage’ and Evans coach ‘TUF 10’

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports May 28, 4:37 pm EDT

When Rashad Evans climbed into the cage at UFC 96 in March following Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s victory over Keith Jardine and began jawing nose-to-nose with Jackson, many saw it as a stunt devised by the public relations and marketing wizards at the Ultimate Fighting Championship to drum up interest in a future pay-per-view fight.

But on Thursday, during a conference call to announce the coaches for the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Jackson proved conclusively that angry confrontation with Evans was no stunt.

Jackson declined a shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s light heavyweight title, currently held by Lyoto Machida, in order to coach against Evans on Season 10 and have the opportunity to fight him in December.

The show, which will premiere Sept. 16 on Spike TV, will be known as “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.” From the way he sounded on Thursday, Jackson would have been willing to teach grandmothers how to knit if it would have gotten him a chance to fight Evans.
ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson will be appearing on the show for the second time. He coached opposite Forrest Griffin last year on Season 7 and conceded he didn’t like the job. UFC president Dana White offered Jackson either the title shot against Machida or the opportunity to coach on Season 10 and meet Evans.

Jackson didn’t hesitate.

“Everybody knows I didn’t like coaching because I’m a sore loser when it comes to stuff like that,” Jackson said. “I was kind of upset about it and at first, I said I’d never coach again. But I have a good relationship with my first team and this time, I want to go out there and win.

“When I found out who I would be coaching against, I couldn’t turn it down. You know, Rashad left a bad taste in my mouth. He got up in my face (following the UFC 96 fight) with his bad-ass breath. I’m from Memphis. We don’t like that (stuff).”

Vengeance will be his primary motivation, but it won’t be the only one. Jackson also displayed a practical side and, while noting that he wants to become “the best champion who ever lived,” said coaching will give him a long time off between fights and will allow him time to learn the game.

The Ultimate Fighter 10 finale will be Dec. 5. Jackson will fight Evans later in December.

That would give Jackson more than nine months between fights.

“To be honest, I’ve been wanting to sharpen up on some of my skills,” Jackson said. “I’ve wanted to get my wrestling back up to par, and my ground game. This gives me time to continue to heal up. I fought really hard for two fights.

“I trained really hard for the Wanderlei (Silva) fight (at UFC 92 in December) and then I went right into training for Jardine. This will give me time to be with my kids and sharpen up my skills. I’m doing this (because) this is my job, my life. I want to put my best foot forward and I want to be the best champion who ever lived.”

Season 10 will mark Evans’ second appearance on the show, but his first as a coach. Evans, who lost his championship when he was knocked out by Machida on Saturday in the main event of UFC 98, won the heavyweight title on Season 2.

The show will help make the men even bigger stars than they’ve already become. White said there is a direct corrolation between a fighter’s appearance on TUF and his popularity, in terms of selling tickets, pay-per-views and merchandise.

“There’s no doubt about it,” White said of the show’s ability to increase a fighter’s marketability. “Let me put it to you this way. In 2006, Rashad Evans was a security guard in Detroit, Michigan. If that doesn’t give you enough ⦠He headlined a pay-per-view last Saturday that did very well.”

White declined to say how many fighters would take part, saying he’d make that and many other announcements at media day next week in Las Vegas.

He said Machida didn’t want to coach, because he wants to stay busy. Machida had said on his website that he would defend his belt at UFC 103 in September, but White said Thursday that is not true.

White said he is working on an opponent for Machida, but declined to identify him. He said he could make an announcement as soon as Thursday afternoon, but said the possibility exists that the process could drag on. He wouldn’t put a time frame on it, either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Rampage dont want it with Lyoto NOOOOOOO

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 29th, 2009, 11:04 am

Machida was gonna rock'em in the face and stab his brain with his nosebone.

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » June 6th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Rampage justs wants some black on black crime mayne. There's nothing wrong with that. The Bloods and the Crips are at it everyday............

Shogun will be fighting Machida at UFC 104.

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » June 13th, 2009, 7:26 pm

I like Rashad but Rampage is one of my Favs so I'm definatly sitting on the edge of my seat for this one. Lyoto is a fucking monster after he became champ you know all the mma fighters were out trying to take karate lessons lol I've never seen a fighter stay as calm as him during a fight did any of you see that vid when that big chinned asian dude slaps the dog mess out of him and he didn't move or anything.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 14th, 2009, 5:14 am

TCC19 wrote:I've never seen a fighter stay as calm as him during a fight

this guy disagrees with you.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 14th, 2009, 10:15 am

His brother is pretty cool too, remember when Alexander fought James Thompson ?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 14th, 2009, 1:51 pm

oso1 wrote:His brother is pretty cool too, remember when Alexander fought James Thompson ?
remember when aleksander fought Cro Cop?

got damn @ that finish.....

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 14th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Honestly, I didn't see that fight until now on google. That was a good fight. I thought when Cro Cop went to the UFC, he was going to steam roll through his competition. I was surprised by what happened to him.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 14th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Just curious, what do you think the outcome would be if, Fedor fought Arlovski again??

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 15th, 2009, 5:02 am

oso1 wrote:Just curious, what do you think the outcome would be if, Fedor fought Arlovski again??
40% chance
arlovski feels like he can out strike Fedor and stands with him.
Fedor uses his Sambo and takes an overzellous Arlovski down for the win via ground and pound.

40% chance
arlovski feels like he can out strike Fedor and stands with him.
They both trade punches and arlovski finds out that he doesnt completley outclass fedor in stand up.
Fedor wins by knockout

10% chance
fedor gets cut and loses by Doc stoppage or strikes cuz he cant see.

10% chance
arlowski does outstrike fedor and wins by strikes.

so its
80% fedor 20% arlovski

but seeing as how im ALWAYS fuckin wrong with my predictions on this site Andre will probably win by armbar or someshit...

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 15th, 2009, 12:08 pm

lol, Arlovski said he can outstrike Fedor?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 15th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Azure9920 wrote:lol, Arlovski said he can outstrike Fedor?
if you watch there fight it looks like he felt that way.
he kept coming forward and throwing at Fedor.
then Fedor bounced off the ropes and blasted him hard.

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » June 19th, 2009, 11:07 pm

oso1 wrote:Honestly, I didn't see that fight until now on google. That was a good fight. I thought when Cro Cop went to the UFC, he was going to steam roll through his competition. I was surprised by what happened to him.
lol, Mirko doesn't need the UFC and never will. He has a MASSIVE following in Japan and is fighting for Dream. Mirko played Dana at his own game and won,he got paid and is going back to Japan. Remember also, he likes fighting in the ring because of his background in K-1 and Pride. I don't think the Octagon suits him at all.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 20th, 2009, 1:35 am

necron wrote:
oso1 wrote:Honestly, I didn't see that fight until now on google. That was a good fight. I thought when Cro Cop went to the UFC, he was going to steam roll through his competition. I was surprised by what happened to him.
lol, Mirko doesn't need the UFC and never will. He has a MASSIVE following in Japan and is fighting for Dream. Mirko played Dana at his own game and won,he got paid and is going back to Japan. Remember also, he likes fighting in the ring because of his background in K-1 and Pride. I don't think the Octagon suits him at all.

I'm a big fan of Cro Cop, no matter what organization he fought under,(including the UFC) I thought he would be one of the top 5 heavyweight fighters.
Mirko doesn't need the UFC and never will ? I don't know how to answer that. If Cro Cop didn't need the UFC, and I never said he did, why did he fight in that organization in the first place ? Obviously the money $$$

If Cro Cop was successful in the UFC, not only would he have the Japanese fans, but he would have a MASSIVE following with the Americans, Canadians and many, many more, which would ultimately equal more money $$$.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 20th, 2009, 6:40 am

I think Cro Cop went back to japan because he knew that he would never be as successful in the UFC as he was in Pride because of the cage.
In a roped ring he has a better chance of getting stood up when taken to the ground.

look at the top 5 heavyweights in the UFC.
(not in any particular order)

Glock Lesnar
Antonio Swagrigo Nogueira
CoCain Velasquez
Pain Carwin
Shank Mir

all fighters that prefer the ground game and benefit from fighting in a cage.