Is Floyd Mayweather avoiding Shane Mosely

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Is Floyd Mayweather avoiding Shane Mosely

Unread post by alexalonso » June 2nd, 2009, 12:53 am

I think Floyd Mayweather is crazy if he thinks Shane Mosely does not deserve a fight. Although he lost 5 fights they are to 3 people, 3 people that Floyd has never fought.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Is Floyd Mayweather avoiding Shane Mosely

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 2nd, 2009, 12:55 am

Iʻm not a big fan of Floyd. Dude has speed and hands but yea, he is running and ducking Mosely.

I think Mosely might land some licks and make Floyd work.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » June 2nd, 2009, 10:29 am

how is he ducking mosley when floyd called mosley out twice before he fought oscar if you really follow boxing then you would know that!

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 2nd, 2009, 10:36 am

Just cause you call someone out doesnt mean you arent ducking them...

All show and no go. Mayweather talks loud but wont put up or shut up. If he wasnt ducking/avoiding Mosely, then let the hands do the talking...

Like I said, I think Mosely can touch him and Floyd doesnt want that. He looks gay as fuuck for not wanting to fight Shane...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 2nd, 2009, 12:30 pm

As a Boxer its a smart move to duck certain opponents. Beating the best can obviously makes you unanimously the greatest ever, but since people are openly anti-Mayweather Fans what else would you expect from his critics. They are going to throw every name they can out there to put him to shame.. but will never give him the credit they give other boxers.

I never seen someone go undefeated for so long take so much criticism, and now all of a sudden he ducking everybody??

Shane will kick his ass though! :-)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 3rd, 2009, 7:07 pm

I watched Cotto v. Shane and that was a close fioght, I gave it to Cotto, but Cotto didnt beat Mosely down. Even Shane's losses to Vernon Forest, he didnt get beat down. I think Shane is probably one of the best fighters at welter weight during the last 10 years. Every other fighter at his age has been beat down, Felix Trinidad, Oscar de La Hoya, even Cotto got beat down. Floyd has to fight Mosely if he doesnt fight Pacquiao.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » June 3rd, 2009, 8:27 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:As a Boxer its a smart move to duck certain opponents. Beating the best can obviously makes you unanimously the greatest ever, but since people are openly anti-Mayweather Fans what else would you expect from his critics. They are going to throw every name they can out there to put him to shame.. but will never give him the credit they give other boxers.

I never seen someone go undefeated for so long take so much criticism, and now all of a sudden he ducking everybody??

Shane will kick his ass though! :-)
I agree with you.I wont say duck,but make the negotiations where neither boxer is going to agree,like alot of matches that never materialize.When you got a name,all the other fighters in the weight class want to beat you and make a name for they self,but if you take on the best and win,no arguments.At 1 time he was ranked pound for pound #1,Manny got that now.
Floyd and Shane would be a good fight.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 4th, 2009, 10:57 am

Floyd is in a no win situation. he needs to just worry about himself and not his critics. He has nothing to gaim and too much to lose. Thats like OG Madd Ronald arguing with a 17yr old Harlem Crip.. if Madd Ronald dust him off he's not going to get any points for that, but if the Harlem beats down Madd Ronald or kills him- he gets the name and the recognition instantly.

Perfect example.. it wasnt a big deal when Floyd beat Hatton, but it made a world of a difference when Manny beat him. When Floyd beat Delagirlya, everyone said he fought Osc-her on the decline/overthehill.. but when Floyd fights Mosley and/or Manny he too will be nearly 34, the same age Delahoya was.

The truth of the matter is this... Floyd talks a lot of shit, he's arrogant, he's a bad boy, and he doesn't slug it out toe to toe. He is truly the most hated. Thats why everyone roots against him whether they admit it or not.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 4th, 2009, 11:58 am

True Allhood...

Floyd talks a big game w/ the mouth but in the ring, his speed and ducking and moving are his offense...

PPL like Mayorga who calls ppl out, talk shit about their mothers/sisters/grandmothers etc and then goes in and swings like a mad-man gets some licks in, but gets knocked the fuuck out, thats what ppl want to see...

I like seeing shit like that...

No one, and I mean no one, wants to see some loud mouth cat flapping his mouth and then go in there and dance for 12 rounds...

Paying $59.95 or whatever to see Floyd dance and not swing is not entertaining...

Maybe he should stick to Dancing W/ The Stars...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 4th, 2009, 12:55 pm

I absolutely, positively, agree 100%!

But this is boxing, and its the way the rules are.

If fighting smart means an undefeated record and a bigger purse, then Floyd is doing what he needs to do using the scorecards to his advantage.

Slugging it out until you get knocked the fuck out gets you noticed, but NOT paid.

How many sluggers are getting the publicity/advertisement Floyd is getting?

Imagine if a Kobe Bryant/LeBron James played to pass the ball instead of score, he wouldn't be worth as much money as he is nor the endorsements.

BROWNCHUCCS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: .......

Unread post by BROWNCHUCCS » June 4th, 2009, 12:58 pm

The truth of the matter is this... Floyd talks a lot of shit, he's arrogant, he's a bad boy, and he doesn't slug it out toe to toe. He is truly the most hated. Thats why everyone roots against him whether they admit it or not.
TRUE CHIT..IDK THO, I KINDA LIKE FLOYD THO, YOU GOTTA BE COCCY SOMETIMES, ESPECIALLY IN SPORTS(ALL THE GREATS WHERE/ARE COCCY), EVEN THO HE(FLOYD) IS 98% OF THE TIME.

AND ABOUT THE NOT SLUGGIN IT THING, SOMETIMES THAT WHAT YOU GOTTA DO TO WIN A FIGHT, EVEN IN THE STREETS. PEOPLE EXPECT YOU TO SIT THERE AND THROW HAYMAKERS AT EACHOTHER, NAH, YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME KIND OF "SWAGGER" TO YOUR HAND GAME. DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 4th, 2009, 1:16 pm

"Its not how much you make, it how you make it"

Trust that I am not hating on Floyds bankroll...

If Arum or Finkle or KIng or whoever wanna pay ol boy some serious cash, then more power to him...

Just dont act like you are a knockout, bass ass, heavy handed cat when in reality, this dude trains for stamina and going 12 rounds!!

Lets call a spade a spade and once Floyd owns the fact that he is more into getting through the rounds and outpointing his opponents, then okay...

At least dudes like Ali, Fraiser, Hagler, Chavez, Foreman, Hearns, etc they had some gameplan going on, but they also werent afraid to mix it up and bang domes...

Plus to be the best, you have to beat the best, and granted, Mosley has paid his due and fought some tough cats...

Floyd if you are reading this, step up homie and let the hands do the talking. Not you or your uncle Roger...

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 4th, 2009, 1:18 pm

alexalonso wrote:I watched Cotto v. Shane and that was a close fioght, I gave it to Cotto, but Cotto didnt beat Mosely down. Even Shane's losses to Vernon Forest, he didnt get beat down. I think Shane is probably one of the best fighters at welter weight during the last 10 years. Every other fighter at his age has been beat down, Felix Trinidad, Oscar de La Hoya, even Cotto got beat down. Floyd has to fight Mosely if he doesnt fight Pacquiao.

So I guess the 3 knoc downs shayne sufferd against vernon dosent count as a beat down right...

BROWNCHUCCS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: .......

Unread post by BROWNCHUCCS » June 4th, 2009, 1:19 pm

At least dudes like Ali, Fraiser, Hagler, Chavez, Foreman, Hearns, etc they had some gameplan going on, but they also werent afraid to mix it up and bang domes...

Plus to be the best, you have to beat the best, and granted, Mosley has paid his due and fought some tough cats...

THAT IS ALL TRUE ALSO

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 4th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Off topic but what about when Mayorga beat Forrest and then smoked them cigarettes after...ROFLMAO!!

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » June 5th, 2009, 2:56 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:As a Boxer its a smart move to duck certain opponents.
I agree, look at Joe Calzaghe if you need a perfect example. Dude retires 46-0 having fought only a handful of noteworthy fighters, two of which he would have lost to 5-10 years ago in B-Hop and RJJ.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2009, 3:36 pm

HiloBoy wrote:"Its not how much you make, it how you make it"...
I totally disagree. In this day and age its about how much you make. You ain't $h!t if you aren't the main event or lack endorsements, commercials, and the big pay day.

Its obvious you want to see him slug it out in the middle of the ring to see if he can withstand the power punches of his opponents as opposed to being a fight smarter and taking advantage of the way professional boxing operates.

As a fan, i'd like to see more exciting fights, a few slugfest here or there. But from a financial standpoint, and understanding the way boxing allows champions to handpick their opponents Floyd has been flawless. No need to bite more than he can swallow.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 5th, 2009, 5:13 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote: No need to bite more than he can swallow.
True but when you bite...BITE...not nibble...

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 5th, 2009, 5:32 pm

I think mosley should fight the cotto vs clotty winner

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2009, 6:54 pm

It's not just mayweather ducking fighters and selectively choosing his fights, its De la Hoya who brings these weak match-ups to the sport. De la Hoya-Pacquiao, was bad for boxing. They are fighting @147 in a division that belongs to fighters like of Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Berto.

It's not just Mayweather Jr, it's De le Hoya, Pacquiao, Hatton, and all the fighters that are venturing into other Divisions where there are plenty of fighters as good as they are, and they're picking and choosing their fights selectively so they can make the big money.

Now look at Manny Pac Man, he is going to let his camp choose his next fights. He does NOT seem eager to fight Mosley at all.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » June 5th, 2009, 10:07 pm

i still got the same perspective on Floyd not takin nothin from him and his record

Manny will have his critics as soon as it like he duckin

Mosley look like he ready to fight anybody

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 5th, 2009, 11:18 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:It's not just mayweather ducking fighters and selectively choosing his fights, its De la Hoya who brings these weak match-ups to the sport. De la Hoya-Pacquiao, was bad for boxing. They are fighting @147 in a division that belongs to fighters like of Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Berto.

It's not just Mayweather Jr, it's De le Hoya, Pacquiao, Hatton, and all the fighters that are venturing into other Divisions where there are plenty of fighters as good as they are, and they're picking and choosing their fights selectively so they can make the big money.

Now look at Manny Pac Man, he is going to let his camp choose his next fights. He does NOT seem eager to fight Mosley at all.

good post mynigg we need you on the boxing fourm at doghouseboxing lol

Teflon85
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Birmingham

Unread post by Teflon85 » June 16th, 2009, 4:32 am

Too many people like to hate on Mayweather because of the way he is. Why's everybody shouting about Mayweather 'ducking' Mosely now? Look how long it's been since Mayweather last fought, and it aint' like he's back for a one-fight-only kinda deal, so give the guy some time. As somebody pointed out, Mayweather has twice through his career challenged Mosely, both times Mosely was ducking him. Now the guy comes back after some time off, and Mosely expects to be his first fight? C'mon. .