Andrew Bynum is a weak center

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Andrew Bynum is a weak center

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 9th, 2009, 3:08 pm

I'm tired of this fool, starting next year he will be making Gasol type money when his contract extension kicks in. I cant stand weak minded players like him and dont think he will ever be good, trading him before his ho card gets pulled is the best bet, especially if it means loseing Lamar. Am I tripping or is Bynum overrated?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Re: Bynum

Unread post by 353 » July 9th, 2009, 7:09 pm

na you aint trippin
you just impatient like alot of Laker fans
especially when he gettin paid
but you cant teach height and he can only get better
i say give him some time and dont expect that much offensively when hes a 4th-5th option

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 9th, 2009, 7:16 pm

353 wrote:na you aint trippin
you just impatient like alot of Laker fans
especially when he gettin paid
but you cant teach height and he can only get better
i say give him some time and dont expect that much offensively when hes a 4th-5th option
I feel you homie he is a big boy, but did you see Carl Landry (who is 6'7") handle him in the post? there is no excuse for that, Bynum is just mentally weak. IMHO.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » July 9th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Give the boy a couple more years. This cat is a young cat...

I think the Lakers rushing this dude back to playing was a big mistake. Dude seemed out of wack and lost some confidence. Lost his starting job, was a non-factor in the playoffs, etc...

Hopefully this off-season he will work his tail off, bulk up a little, and get his game going...

Iʻm not throwing the towel in on olʻ boy just yet. Hopefully he will prove many doubters wrong...

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 9th, 2009, 10:03 pm

HiloBoy wrote:Give the boy a couple more years. This cat is a young cat...

I think the Lakers rushing this dude back to playing was a big mistake. Dude seemed out of wack and lost some confidence. Lost his starting job, was a non-factor in the playoffs, etc...

Hopefully this off-season he will work his tail off, bulk up a little, and get his game going...

Iʻm not throwing the towel in on olʻ boy just yet. Hopefully he will prove many doubters wrong...
We are not paying him POTENTIAL money, we are paying him star money starting next year, if we lose Odom cause of him we waited in vain. The dude is not that good bottom line, he cant even stay healthy for a full season.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 17th, 2010, 2:01 am

if he can get through a season without injuries, he could be a dominant force.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » July 17th, 2010, 8:50 am

BYNUM IS THE WEAKEST LINK RIGHT NOW. BUT IF HE CAN BE INJURY FREE, THEN WE CAN DO THE THREE-PEAT.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » February 12th, 2013, 12:53 am

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:BYNUM IS THE WEAKEST LINK RIGHT NOW. BUT IF HE CAN BE INJURY FREE, THEN WE CAN DO THE THREE-PEAT.

I cant believe that Bynum is the highest paid player on the 76ers making $16,889,000 in 2012 / 13 season. He is 25, injured and barely plays. Does he deserve all this money?
Attachments
BynumReturning.jpg
BynumReturning.jpg (66.93 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Andrew Bynum is a weak center

Unread post by Coup » February 12th, 2013, 11:44 am

No, but most teams will pay anything for a true Center. All reports is that he does not really have any interest in playing and is milking the injury. NBA is guaranteed so he will get his $$.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 19th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Has he played at all this year? Talking about Howard this weekend and one fool said they should have kept Bynum. He got laughed out the barber shop... :lol:

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 19th, 2013, 10:11 pm

I think Bynum & Howard are both SOFT centers. Both are also injury prone.

Who is a 'true' center in the NBA these days? Betcha can't fill up your 5 fingers on 1 hand. It's like college ball, 2 guards 3 forwards.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » February 20th, 2013, 11:14 am

@ Tarheel- What's good playa! I think Bynum is actually a really good big man. He has outstanding inside, and back to the basket moves, but I think he doesn't love the game. He seemed to love the money more than the sport and he is definately injury prone. With respect to Howard, he has the physical make-up and desire but lacks the fundimentals and inside moves. If I were the Lakers, I would have him with Kareem everyday, and get his inside skills up to par. If they do, Howard could be a great addition. He still has alot to learn about the game.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 21st, 2013, 1:02 am

Quepolo3 wrote:@ Tarheel- What's good playa! I think Bynum is actually a really good big man. He has outstanding inside, and back to the basket moves, but I think he doesn't love the game. He seemed to love the money more than the sport and he is definately injury prone. With respect to Howard, he has the physical make-up and desire but lacks the fundimentals and inside moves. If I were the Lakers, I would have him with Kareem everyday, and get his inside skills up to par. If they do, Howard could be a great addition. He still has alot to learn about the game.
@ Quepolo: Nothing too much playa. I don't like Bynum b/c he played with Smell A. Then that 1 game that season (I don't know if it was in the playoffs or not) he was on the far end of the bench while the other Smell A players were huddled up. He was pouting about something and made it all about him. No sportsmanship & support 4 the rest of the team. Maybe you're right about its all about money w/ Bynum.

Howard's defense is better than his offense. He's good when he's good but bad when he's bad. He can't shoot free throws and u can't coach that. If the game is on the line, send Howard 2 the line and the opposing team wins. Shaq shot better free throws than him. I believe he has the potential 2 be a prolific scorer EVERY game but has yet 2 find out how.

U think he'll resign after season ending. Perhaps if he resigns esp. a long term deal, they'll bring in Kareem. But news flash Que: I don't like Kareem either- he also played with Smell A. He was good though.

I'm hoping Smell A will have only a regular season this year & no post season. It's looking good so far. It's about time the L.A. Clippers get some shine.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 4th, 2013, 12:38 am

If Bynum wanted to dominate and be healthy, he would be a full fledged Center. Playing center is not glamorous if you are under 7 feet. If you are 6'10 you might have the ability to be a center, but that person would probably want to be a foward....less physical contact, less injuries, more shots, etc,

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 7th, 2017, 10:30 am

AztecNinja wrote:I'm tired of this fool, starting next year he will be making Gasol type money when his contract extension kicks in. I cant stand weak minded players like him and dont think he will ever be good, trading him before his ho card gets pulled is the best bet, especially if it means loseing Lamar. Am I tripping or is Bynum overrated?
You were completely right. I think Bynum's career is officially over. He hasn't played a game in two seasons and I guess his playing days are over at the age of 27.