Dream Match Thomas Hitman Hearns vs John The Beast Mugabi

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
HappLoccc
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: LosAngeles

Dream Match Thomas Hitman Hearns vs John The Beast Mugabi

Unread post by HappLoccc » July 22nd, 2014, 9:33 pm

Here is a match up, that a time look like it might happened, but never did.
This is a match up that would of been very interesting 2 of the top 4-5 Middleweights of 1985-86.
If these two fighters would of met in the ring what would of been the outcome ?
This match up I would say could take place anywhere from 1985-1989.
Who would of been your pick to win. Thomas The Hitman Hearns vs John The Beast Mugabi.
My Pick is Thomas Hearns by a 2nd round knock out

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Dream Match Thomas Hitman Hearns vs John The Beast Mugab

Unread post by Coup » July 23rd, 2014, 12:07 pm

You saw how Hagler handled both of them right?

Hearns broke his hand in that classic with Hagler and Mugabi got exposed for not having the stamina to keep up his attack on Hagler even though Hagler was supposedly hurt or something (shoulder or back).

Hearns was a monster...that right was too much. I don't know if Mugabi would have been able to get out of the first.

HappLoccc
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: LosAngeles

Re: Dream Match Thomas Hitman Hearns vs John The Beast Mugab

Unread post by HappLoccc » July 23rd, 2014, 9:16 pm

Coup wrote:You saw how Hagler handled both of them right?

Hearns broke his hand in that classic with Hagler and Mugabi got exposed for not having the stamina to keep up his attack on Hagler even though Hagler was supposedly hurt or something (shoulder or back).

Hearns was a monster...that right was too much. I don't know if Mugabi would have been able to get out of the first.

I Agree Hearns right would of been too much and the only chance Mugabi, I think would of had was to catch the Hitman slipping and catch him on the chin, I think Hearn's offense early with his reach, speed and big right hand would take him out. Hearns did break his right hand on top of Haglers head after he momentarily hurt Hagler, I wonder if he did not break his most important weapon. There was almost going to be Hearns vs Hagler 2, But Sugar Ray Leonards comeback to fight Hagler stopped that. Hearns knock out with in 1-3 rounds I would say.