NBA 2014-2015 Season

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season

Unread post by Coup » June 8th, 2015, 8:49 am

HA! GS is stupid...Cavs muscled these boys around and took one in Oaktown. Curry better wake his ass up cuz Lebron is going to get on one. That was a bad gave for GS...should not have let that happen.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » June 8th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Yeah, GS blew it! Thompson was on fire but where was his help? Curry needs to step up and prove that he is who people say he is. Kyri Irving out to and at home, man GS may be in trouble.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Coup wrote:Small team who wins with 3-point shooting is never a favorite....all the pros say the same thing...live by the 3 die by the 3. Green, Barnes and maybe Iguodala attack the rim but that team is all about the splash brothers. You notice how Memphis played them. Consistent big man play, perimeter defense and decent jump shooters will cause these guys problems
most of the bball experts been picking Golden State to win, and when the Kyrie Irving got injured, Jalen Rose and Doug Collins basically written off the Cavaliers, but if Lebron plays the same as he did in game 2, they will win. And actually, he should have won game 1, but we'll see.
Attachments
nba-cast.jpg
nba-cast.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 5325 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 6:32 pm

The Caliviers are missing Anderson Varajeau, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving, all starters. The Cavilier bench is not great therefore you have to give all credit to Lebron James.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 7:14 pm

37 points at half time?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Lebron is simply the best player in the NBA and I would say his talents surpass Magic and Michael Jordan. Although Lebron only has 2 rings, he does not always have the best teams.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 10th, 2015, 9:32 am

Lebron is simply the best player in the NBA and I would say his talents surpass Magic and Michael Jordan. Although Lebron only has 2 rings, he does not always have the best teams.
LOLOL!!! You drunk homie!!! I will give you Magic, to a point.....but Jordan...get the fucc outta here!! Lebron is a top 5-6 all time, but not on Jordan's level. He doesn't really have the killer instinct or dominating presence as Jordan or Kobe when you look at it. He is physically bigger, stronger and his talents definitely compare but does not surpass.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 10th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Coup wrote:
LOLOL!!! You drunk homie!!! I will give you Magic, to a point.....but Jordan...get the fucc outta here!! Lebron is a top 5-6 all time, but not on Jordan's level. He doesn't really have the killer instinct or dominating presence as Jordan or Kobe when you look at it. He is physically bigger, stronger and his talents definitely compare but does not surpass.
He is about to outscore Jordon in the Finals, already outscored him in first 3 games, has more rebounds, has more assists, plays every position and he has no team support, literally no support, while Jordan had Scottie Pippen who averaged 16.9 points per game and Toni Kucoc who was averaging 10.8 points per game and Ron Harper scoring 9 points per game in the playoffs during 1995-96 season when they won 72 games.

Jordon is no doubt great, but what Lebron James has done in the first 3 games of this series has out-done Michael Jordan in any of his 6 championship runs, period. You dont believe it? Well you pick the series, there are 6 to choose from, and tell me you best Michael Jordan performance through the first three games.

Even Mike Green from ESPN who covered the Bulls as a journalist during the 1990s said this is the best performance in Finals history so far, and I agree. Mike Green is also among one of the smartest sports guys in the media.

Imagine if Lebron James also had Scottie Pippin, Dennis Rodman, and Toni Kukoc. The series would have been over already.

Also Lebron is beating a team that won more than 70 games in the season, which has only happened 12 times, and all 12 times that team won the Finals. IF, Lebron wins this series, he will be the only player ever to defeat a 70 win team in the finals.

If Lebron looses this series he still goes down as one of the greatest performances, and could actually be the first time the MVP of the finals goes to someone on the losing team.

I think you are still stuck on the Michael Jordon hype who was great for his time in the 1990s, but as the game has evolved players inevitable get better, like Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. And in ten years another player will emerge that is better than them, but right now, Lebron James has clearly put himself at the top among the best player we have ever scene.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 11th, 2015, 9:27 am

You are a prisoner of the moment. Let's say I agree about THIS Finals performance. It is only 3-games and it is not assured that Cavs will win it. Jordan never lost a Finals. 6 for 6. Would have been 8 for 8 if his daddy wasn't killed and I dare you to even imagine Houston and Dream would have beat him.

Lebron is that dude in the NBA...no question. But Jordan never joined a team of all stars to win a ring. The all stars were either developed on the Bulls or came to him (Rodman). Lebron left the Cavs the 1st time because he had nothing. Took them to the Finals and the Spurs spanked that ass. Went to Miami with 2 of the top players in the league and won 2-rings in 4 Finals...means he lost 3. Now he is back with Kyrie and Love, both hurt and a few decent role players. Lebron has to put up the numbers he is because Cavs have nothing else. Plus his ball control and PG attitude is making everybody around him better which is why I might agree that he surpasses Magic since he can drop 45 whenever he wants.

Comparing him to Jordan is not even fair to Lebron. Jordan never had to put up those numbers with Pippen, Grant, Rodman and Kukoc there. Did Jordan have better teams overall than what Lebron has now, yes, but Jordan made those guys superstars and champions. Jordan is one of the top 3 players ever Lebron is a few notches below him.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 11th, 2015, 4:25 pm

@Coup and Alex- Great debate, and I think both have valid points. I agree with coup as it relates to him going to Miami to win a Championship. I am also fairly certain that having Kyree and a young squad to play with was attractive. I think that they still had Wiggins and that other young playa that went to the wolves.

I think that the Jordan / James comparison is still open. I think that there is such a diffence in their games, that it's hard to say who's greater. These debates are generational and based on the players popular in a certain era. My uncle debated with me that Oscar Robertson was better than Jordan because he avg. a triple double for a season. I don't think you can say, but I agree with both of your positions.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 11th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Coup wrote:You are a prisoner of the moment. Let's say I agree about THIS Finals performance. It is only 3-games and it is not assured that Cavs will win it. Jordan never lost a Finals. 6 for 6. Would have been 8 for 8 if his daddy wasn't killed and I dare you to even imagine Houston and Dream would have beat him.

Lebron is that dude in the NBA...no question. But Jordan never joined a team of all stars to win a ring. The all stars were either developed on the Bulls or came to him (Rodman). Lebron left the Cavs the 1st time because he had nothing. Took them to the Finals and the Spurs spanked that ass. Went to Miami with 2 of the top players in the league and won 2-rings in 4 Finals...means he lost 3. Now he is back with Kyrie and Love, both hurt and a few decent role players. Lebron has to put up the numbers he is because Cavs have nothing else. Plus his ball control and PG attitude is making everybody around him better which is why I might agree that he surpasses Magic since he can drop 45 whenever he wants.

Comparing him to Jordan is not even fair to Lebron. Jordan never had to put up those numbers with Pippen, Grant, Rodman and Kukoc there. Did Jordan have better teams overall than what Lebron has now, yes, but Jordan made those guys superstars and champions. Jordan is one of the top 3 players ever Lebron is a few notches below him.
Comparing the two is legitmate. The question is who is a better all around player. And yes Michael Jordan was great, but I must repeat the point, he didnt become great until he beat the Lakers in 1990 - 1991 season. In other words, he didnt become great untill he had a supporting cast, and for the duration if the 1990s, timing, ownership, trades, deals, free agency was on his side to have great players on his team. If Lebron was fortunate to have the same, and its not too late for him, he will win 5, 6 or even 8 rings total. But Lebron does not have a supporting cast.

Jordan needed to put up Lebron like numbers in 1987, 1988, and 1989 against Detroit and the Celtics, but he could never accomplish that until his team was better. Pippen was a rooking and was still developing.

Yes, Lebron should have never left the Cavs, but that is a separate point.

Maybe we should wait until the end of the series, probably premature for some to see what I see, but even if Lebrob loses the series his performance has been one of the best EVER.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 12th, 2015, 3:14 am

Got em! On a more serious note this is a damn good series! I could see it hitting game seven!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 12th, 2015, 11:43 am

silentwssj wrote:Got em! On a more serious note this is a damn good series! I could see it hitting game seven!
The last game 7 finals was in 2013 when Lebron and the Heat beat the Spurs. Great finals.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 12th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Alonso, we will see if Lebron wins this year let alone 3 or 4 more down the line. I will admit though that IF Kyrie and Love were healthy, this series would be over.

Very good series. Last night was expected. GS was desperate and Cavs were tired. I would expect to see Marion, Perkins and a few others on that bench get more time moving forward. This looks like a 7 game series but anything can happen.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 12th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Coup wrote:Alonso, we will see if Lebron wins this year let alone 3 or 4 more down the line. I will admit though that IF Kyrie and Love were healthy, this series would be over.

Very good series. Last night was expected. GS was desperate and Cavs were tired. I would expect to see Marion, Perkins and a few others on that bench get more time moving forward. This looks like a 7 game series but anything can happen.
The Cavs were on fumes last night. I am surprised Perkins has not got more minutes. Marion is bit too old to hang with the Warriors.

Also Jr Smith has been a disappointment tothe Cavs. Delavedova and the Russian are stepping up.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 12th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Marion only needs to give them 7-10 minutes. Him, Perkings, Miller, Jones...all need to get in and give Lebron a rest. JR and Shumpert are streaky but when they are on they are on. GS looks like a lock to win game 5, but you really can't call it.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 12th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Coup wrote:Marion only needs to give them 7-10 minutes. Him, Perkings, Miller, Jones...all need to get in and give Lebron a rest. JR and Shumpert are streaky but when they are on they are on. GS looks like a lock to win game 5, but you really can't call it.
If GS win game 5 in Oakland, then they will be the Champions, because that would force Cleveland to win 2 final games, including game 7 in Oakland. imagine that!!!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 14th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Got em! Iguodala just about gave me a fit with his missed free throws. His defense is superb though. Barbosa finally stepped it up as well. I guess I can't call him "Baboso" no more, Lol!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 14th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Another triple double in game 5 loss for Lebron James. Nothing else this guy cant do. His supporting cast are a bunch of inconsistent stiffs.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 15th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Well said Alex! Lebron is averaging over 40 points a game. Damn is all I got to say. He is literally half the offense! The rest of the Cavaliers are just mediocre!

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 16th, 2015, 9:45 am

If Blatt doesn't open the bench up some, series ends tonight.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 16th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Come on Dubs! Beat Cleveland in their house and watch Lebron cry like a little girl!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 18th, 2015, 6:42 pm

silentwssj wrote:Well said Alex! Lebron is averaging over 40 points a game. Damn is all I got to say. He is literally half the offense! The rest of the Cavaliers are just mediocre!
When they scored 91 points in the Game 5 loss, Lebron scored 40 points, and had 11 assists (26 point - some were 3 pointers), responsible for 66 of 91 points, that's responsible for 73 percent of the offense. That has never been done in a finals. And he is the second person to score 40 points and a triple double in the finals (Jerry West was the other).

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 18th, 2015, 6:45 pm

silentwssj wrote:Come on Dubs! Beat Cleveland in their house and watch Lebron cry like a little girl!
when you are missing three starters it would have been an embarrassing loss for Golden State.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 19th, 2015, 11:50 am

Kyri was there for game one. We won that one! Bottom line is we got it and they didn't. Both teams are good and both teams main starter was active.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 21st, 2015, 2:23 pm

silentwssj wrote:Kyri was there for game one. We won that one! Bottom line is we got it and they didn't. Both teams are good and both teams main starter was active.
Keep it real, Game 1 was an overtime loss, where the Cavs were up, about to win it, any Kyrie Irving was probably like 80 percent healthy, playing on a bum knee in a game that Golden State just barely won. To me, Game 1, was the deciding game, because if Cleveland wins Game 1, Cleveland goes up 3 games to NONE, but rather it is 2-1 giving GW a chance to ties it. Game 1 was the deciding factor in this series.

I hope that the finals are a rematch next year.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 21st, 2015, 8:27 pm

I second that, let's do it again.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 22nd, 2015, 9:22 am

Rematch- Possible but not likely. I can see a healthy Cleveland getting back with very few problems. GS....it will be rough. OKC had no Durant or Ibaka for the playoffs. They will be a huge threat. Clippers are already re-tooling for next year and they are already considered to be GS biggest rivals. Portland can get healthy (matthews hurt)...and Orleans is going to get better. The Texas teams are a toss up. The west is packed and it will not be easy for GS to repeat.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 22nd, 2015, 11:15 am

It will be no cake walk for sure. I agree the west is stacked! GS should be in the thick of the playoffs at the very least though. Last year the Spurs knocked them off barely and then went on to win it all! I see the Warriors as being contenders as long as they got Curry, Thompson and Iguodala!