Jon Bones Jones

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Jon Bones Jones

Unread post by Coup » January 5th, 2015, 4:52 pm

I didn't catch his fight Saturday but I hear he beat Cormier at his own game? I have lost interest in UFC since it is the same fighters every card. They need to open the doors and cross promote with the other companies. Not going to happen, not good business but it would make better fights.

Is Jones unbeatable now? Will he move up to Heavyweight?

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jon Bones Jones

Unread post by oso1 » January 6th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Coup wrote:
I didn't catch his fight Saturday
I didn't either but I watched most of it on YT.
but I hear he beat Cormier at his own game?
From what I saw, Cormier held his own, I actually thought he was going to beat Jones.
I have lost interest in UFC
Oh man me too. I don't find it (MMA) too appealing anymore.
Is Jones unbeatable now? Will he move up to Heavyweight?
Even though Jones won that fight, from what I saw I think he's beatable.

Nick and Nate Diaz get a lot of rave reviews from UFC commentators about their boxing skills. To me they look slow and like they are pushing their punches, but some how they are effective. That's one of the reasons why I dislike MMA.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » January 7th, 2015, 10:29 am

I see Jones was hitting that yayo before the match. Still won. The guy he fought before Cormier put hands on him but I have read he really didn't train or take the fight serious (doing bumps in between work outs).

I like the Diaz boys because of their idgaf attitudes. Nick punks fools at least he did back in the day.

UFC is watered down and controlled too tightly by Dana White. Very good business sense but you can see that MMA suffers from not allowing the top fighters from different promotions to fight each other. The Heavyweight division is a joke. Jones when he gets clean will most likely move up and bring some excitement there.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 7th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Right after my post last night, it was all over the web that Jones tested positive for cocaine. I don't know too much about Jones, but I was surprised about him testing positive for a drug.

Don't get me wrong, the Diaz brothers are cool. They come to fight, but they get too much accolades for their boxing skills.

I remember hearing a commentator say that, Nick has hands like Alexis Arguello, or some shit like that. Give me a break!

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » January 9th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Dana White and most of the MMA powerbrokers have tried to pull as many fans away from boxing as possible. Most that I know either like MMA or don't.

Back to Jones, with Spider Sylva hurt, GSP gone and the Heavyweight division looking slow and boring, he is the main face of UFC. They can't let him go down. He is so good though, he beat everybody in his division so a move up is all that makes sense.

IMO, MMA has to develop like boxing where you have a WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO type system in play. This would open it up to everybody worldwide. Good for the sport, bad for UFC's bottom line.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 4th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Add Spider Silva and Diaz to the "caught dirty" list. This shit is funny because both got caught. Silva though is more serious since it is steroids.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » February 5th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Yes both got caught, but those who are familiar with Diaz knows that he smokes weed. No real surprise there. I also want to add that he gave a good account of himself against Silva.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 6th, 2015, 10:14 am

Yeah, he looked good. I don't know if Dana White likes him though.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » February 6th, 2015, 9:39 pm

Coup wrote:Yeah, he looked good. I don't know if Dana White likes him though.

HA HA HA I don't know why, but I get that impression that Dana dislikes Diaz.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 12th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Bone Jones must have gotten bored with MMA. Since the Cormier fight he has just thrown his career away.

IMO boxing, with fighters making $30, $40, or $300 million for a fight will always be around and more of a financial draw than MMA. If Jones is done in UFC and he still wants to fight, where does he go?