Next Top Boxer - PFP

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Next Top Boxer - PFP

Unread post by Coup » May 11th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Money is leaving later this year or sometime next. Manny is not what he used to be. Ward is having promoter issues and is not fighting at all.

Who's got next.....

GGG, Crawford, Broner, Alavarez, Rigendeaux, Kovalev, Thurman, or Garcia.

My money is on Crawford or Broner. Crawford has to get more big names under his belt, but he has it all.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Next Top Boxer - PFP

Unread post by oso1 » May 11th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Coup wrote:Money is leaving later this year or sometime next. Manny is not what he used to be. Ward is having promoter issues and is not fighting at all.

Who's got next.....

GGG, Crawford, Broner, Alavarez, Rigendeaux, Kovalev, Thurman, or Garcia.

My money is on Crawford or Broner. Crawford has to get more big names under his belt, but he has it all.
GGG, is a fan favorite with his style of boxing and punching power.

Crawford is cool, I really like the way he fights. He's a solid technician.

Broner, once he moves up to welterweight, I don't think he's going to last very long.

Alvarez, same as Broner is going to have some problems when he moves up a weight class.

Rigendeaux, another excellent fighter but not a fan friendly style of fighting. Casual fans want to see KO's.
He's considered boring.

Thurman, is another good fighter with pop in his punches but has a questionable chin.

Garcia, like Broner and Alvarez is going to have some problems when he moves up to 147.

Out of all the above mentioned GGG and Crawford are my favorite's.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 12th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Terence Crawford for sure, I agree with Coup that he needs to have a few more fights to say for certain. Even though he's retiring soon, he still is the best out there right now. I would pick Maidana or Chavez over Broner, I'm not sure what he will do when really in war. GGG, like Oso said, I like his brawling style and one punch knock out potential.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 13th, 2015, 12:39 am

I like Broner and Rigendeaux. I know Broner was exposed last year, but I think that will humble him to take the sport more seriously.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » May 13th, 2015, 9:23 am

Rigendeaux is a pure strategical boxer, counter punching master. When he beat Nonito that was it...but like Oso said, he is looked at as boring. Unless he moves up, he will probably not be beaten in his division.

Broner has all the makings of being "next". I was sold on him even with the Maidana loss. He was my top choice until Crawford came into his own. Crawford will get a chance for a few big fights over the next year or so. Crawford v. Swift or even Pacquia is possible. I would pick Crawford in both.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 21st, 2015, 12:09 pm

Last night Broner lost to Shawn Porter via a 12 round unanimous decision. Broner dropped Porter early in the 12th round but could not finish the job. Too much holding and not enough activity on Broner's part. The holding even cost Broner a point deduction. Before the Maidana fight, Adrien Broner trying to copy Mayweather use to say, I still have my '0'. But now he has 2 defeats on his record.

Broner fought Porter at a catch weight of 144 lbs. Eventually Broner is going to have to move up to 147lbs.

He's going to have to stay away from Maidana, Thurman, Guerrero, Matthysse(140 lber), and Khan. Guerrero and Khan are not elite but I believe they will give Broner some problems and may even upset him. Broner's work rate is too low. To be successful, he needs to tighten up his defense, let his hands go(combination's), use his legs more, and counter after his opponent misses.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » June 21st, 2015, 2:30 pm

Have people written off Ruslan Provadnekov? Dude is still legit..

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 21st, 2015, 9:19 pm

Adobo wrote:Have people written off Ruslan Provadnekov? Dude is still legit..
Even Ruslan admitted that he has trouble with fighters that move. He was talking about Chris Algieri and someone else I can't remember his name right now. On top of that, his defense is poor so I would say he's not a top boxer.

Just remembered, he was talking about Lucas Matthysse.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 22nd, 2015, 9:16 am

Oso1 you are right about Broner on all fronts. Moving up will not help him. Broner is in to the life more then the sport right now. I don't think he is as dedicated as he should be. He is still dangerous, but the top guys do not fear him.

Crawford is clearly the next top guy. I can see all of the top WW wanting to fight or avoid him. Not sure if he has enough power for the top WW, but his skill set is high. Won't be surprised if he and Pacman get at it in the near future.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » June 22nd, 2015, 12:15 pm

Erslandy Lara? Dude is on the rise. Just saw his recent fight and he was looking sharp. Needs to tighten up a little but I we a bright future.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 22nd, 2015, 3:51 pm

Lara is nice, but Canelo worked him. Don't follow him much.