Mayweather v. Berto

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Mayweather v. Berto

Unread post by Coup » July 27th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Not too sold on this fight. In fact seems like a warm up to me. Berto is dangerous....LOL. Floyd will wash this dude. Is he prepping for a 50th vs. Thurman or Swift? I don't see him moving up for GGG.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Mayweather v. Berto

Unread post by oso1 » July 28th, 2015, 8:40 am

Mayweather vs Berto is garbage. Mayweather has one more fight on his contract and he want's an easy opponent.

I like Berto, he's entertaining but he has no business fighting Floyd.

And this is just my opinion, at 160/154 lbs a fight between GGG and Floyd will never take place.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 28th, 2015, 12:18 pm

I seen Berto fight a couple times, he is decent, but you never know. Shows some power at time, probably more power that Floyd, but Mayweather is too ellusive.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » July 29th, 2015, 6:30 am

That's right you never know. There's a slight possibility that Berto could pull off the upset but chances of that happening are very slim.

What has Berto done to deserve this fight? I mean I'm happy that the guy is going to get a big pay day he is entertaining.

Until he stopped Josesito Lopez he didn't look too good.

More worthy opponents would be, undefeated Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and I'll even throw in Amir Khan.

It doesn't really matter, Mayweather vs GGG is the only fight that I would pay to see.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » July 29th, 2015, 8:54 am

I was thinking the same....why not Garcia, Thurman, or even Crawford. I think Floyd is just going to go out with a possible easy fight.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » July 29th, 2015, 9:28 am

Thurman and Garcia are both undefeated a win against one of them would look good on Floyd's record.

Amir Khan doesn't have the UK fan base that Ricky Hatton had, but I would think a fight with him would make more sense financial wise then Thurman or Garcia.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » July 29th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Khan make more sense over Thurman due to name recognition. From a boxing standpoint, Garcia is a better draw. A Thurman fight just brings more danger to Floyd since he is a good puncher with a high KO percentage. Khan...as good as he is, has lost to fighters that are not in Floyds league. That hurts him. And like you pointed out, his UK fan base is not that big to get the worldwide attention that Floyd would want.

Crawford falls into the Alvarez category for me...even though I see him being much better. That fight would be very dangerous, even though I think Floyd is maybe too big for him.