Danny Garcia v. Keith Thurman

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Danny Garcia v. Keith Thurman

Unread post by alexalonso » March 4th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Watching this fight right now, pretty close between Garcia & Thurman

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Danny Garcia v. Keith Thurman

Unread post by Coup » March 6th, 2017, 10:58 am

Didn't see it all yet, hearing that Danny Swift may have been robbed. He supposedly closed the show, dominated the late rounds and still lost a decision. Gonna check it out tonight.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 7th, 2017, 10:27 am

Thurman definitely won a close one, and Danny was not robbed. He wasn't busy enough but it was a decent fight, but Thurman was busier landing more power punches.

If Danny would have went to body consistently he may have won.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » March 7th, 2017, 3:22 pm

It was an okay fight. I didn't think it should have been a split decision. In my eyes Thurman clearly won.

I seen an interview with Angel Garcia, Danny's father & trainer and he gave Thurman credit for hurting his son in the first round, but other than that he claims Thurman just ran the rest of the fight so he believes his son should still be undefeated.

Heavy handed, Saul Rodriguez, from southern California, was signed to Mayweather promotions. His first bout with his new promoter he got dropped but still remains undefeated. I didn't see the fight but I hear it was a robbery.

Mikey Garcia, ex stable mate of Saul Rodriguez fought earlier this year and KO'd his opponent who was an undefeated champion with a high knockout rate with no problem.

Chavez Jr. vs Canelo Alvarez are going to fight in May. Chavez Jr. is known for having issues with his weight so team Canelo is trying to take advantage. I believe they agreed upon 164.5 lbs and if Chavez Jr. should come in overweight he will be fined $1 million dollars for every single pound.

With Oscar De La Hoya on his side Canelo clearly has the advantage. I don't care for either fighter but I hope Chavez Jr. knocks the shiit out of Canelo because of the catch weight, $1million dollar fine, and ducking GGG.

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LDN

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » April 3rd, 2017, 2:05 pm

Canelo will win this but on points I think. Can't see Jr winning. He's showed he hasn't the heart in the past. Either a Canelo Stoppage or unanimous decision.
Canelo, although blatantly ducking the best fights is too slick for Jr

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » April 3rd, 2017, 3:06 pm

The catch weight and being a more skilled fighter favors Canelo. He will win by UD or late TKO.

David Lemieux (KO artist) will fight on the undercard of Canelo vs Chavez. If he wins and Canelo wins there is talk that they will fight each other next.

Lemieux fought and lost via TKO against GGG. Way before that fight I've never really been impressed with him but he does have power. I still favor Canelo over him.

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LDN

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » April 4th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Lemieux wants Canelo ? Boxing is getting ridiculous. Not a competitive fight. It's gonna be Lemieux chasing Canelo around all night with Canelo trying to stick and move with no chance of the KO.
SMH