HELL A REALITY !!!

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Post Reply
worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 327
Joined: January 17th, 2004, 9:47 am
Location: u know the name

HELL A REALITY !!!

Unread post by worldwide » April 9th, 2007, 5:04 am

since most people wont talk about it this i feel i should speak on it, now (what i believe) is what i percieve as the truth, this no attempt to pursuade or coerce anyone to my belief.

some people i've heard speak on this is hell never really said where they thought it was. but seeing diverse places of the world, im inclined to believe that hell is in the center of the earth.

we see volcanic eruptions, spewing liquid molten rock from mountains
which no man has ever been able to duplicate this kind of heat. hmmm

the bible talks of brimstone which broken down means burning rock.
no other depiction of heat has been classified in this category.

the bible also talks of Jesus ascending into the lower depths of the earth in ephesians chapter 4 verse 9
[But He ascended?] Now what can this, He ascended, mean but that He had previously descended from [the heights of] heaven into [the depths], the lower parts of the earth?

how low can that mean but to the center of the earth which is what?
nothing but fire!!!

User avatar
king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Unread post by king phoenix » April 9th, 2007, 10:52 am

i dont know dog! i mean assuming there is a hell, why would the creator of the universe put his eternal prison in the middle of this tiny dust ball we call earth<and> i used to think it was in the clouds, but i have never seen it on an airplane!

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » April 9th, 2007, 11:09 am

i imagine hell is just more than brimestone and fire, they say hell is the opposite of heaven which would make sense.

I believe in hell there is a part were there is alot of lava and fire and souls roasting in there.

But i also think that there is a part of hell where it is nothing but darkness and in that darkness there is nothing but a bottamless pile of mutalated corpses and bodies (half alive in a sense) in agony moaning and groaning, from the slow suffering being inflicted on them by the demons that roam hell.

User avatar
king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Unread post by king phoenix » April 9th, 2007, 11:14 am

johnnnny wrote:i imagine hell is just more than brimestone and fire, they say hell is the opposite of heaven which would make sense.

I believe in hell there is a part were there is alot of lava and fire and souls roasting in there.

But i also think that there is a part of hell where it is nothing but darkness and in that darkness there is nothing but a bottamless pile of mutalated corpses and bodies (half alive in a sense) in agony moaning and groaning, from the slow suffering being inflicted on them by the demons that roam hell.


that a real morbid description there buddy! good job! :lol:

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 9th, 2007, 11:43 am

First off . . . I'm not too sure of there being a Hell after this life. I know many
times this life can be a living hell, but that don't compare to the torment
that is that hell depicted by many adherents of mainstream religion and dogmas.

That the place -hell- is a place of suffering and torment, is in constrast to
the everlasting happiness of heaven. But I doub't that the descriptions of
hell portrayed with fire, brimstone and evil demons torturing the damned
souls of prior humans is how the real hell spoken about in Holy Scripture
is to be understood or depicted as.

It is said that Death is the punishment for Sin, and death is termed as
separation from Life. In otherwords, if you ain't got life, you're dead. So
if you're dead, you're separated from the LIVING GOD. Therefore is the
sinner dies and goes to hell, he will find himself separated from GOD & life
and thus no longer has any existance.

Hell itself is associated with HADES, but hades was not a place of torment.
Hades was the place where the dead were layed to rest, hades was the
tomb, hades was the place for the dead, filled with darkness & nothingness.

The fire of hell can possibly best be understood under the concept of fire
as a purefeir. Fire can either burn and destroy, or it can purefy, such as
fire used to purefy metals, so too the symbol of fire can be understood as
a cleanser to get rid of sin, either through a purification process for the
soul, or as it's ultimate destroyer that will burn not only the body, but the
soul as well.

Think about, what would an, all knowing, and all loving and merciful creator GOD benefit, or seek to gain from ~~> by sending countless
upon countless millions of lost souls to an everlasting place of suffering?

User avatar
king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Unread post by king phoenix » April 9th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Lonewolf wrote:First off . . . I'm not too sure of there being a Hell after this life. I know many
times this life can be a living hell, but that don't compare to the torment
that is that hell depicted by many adherents of mainstream religion and dogmas.

That the place -hell- is a place of suffering and torment, is in constrast to
the everlasting happiness of heaven. But I doub't that the descriptions of
hell portrayed with fire, brimstone and evil demons torturing the damned
souls of prior humans is how the real hell spoken about in Holy Scripture
is to be understood or depicted as.

It is said that Death is the punishment for Sin, and death is termed as
separation from Life. In otherwords, if you ain't got life, you're dead. So
if you're dead, you're separated from the LIVING GOD. Therefore is the
sinner dies and goes to hell, he will find himself separated from GOD & life
and thus no longer has any existance.

Hell itself is associated with HADES, but hades was not a place of torment.
Hades was the place where the dead were layed to rest, hades was the
tomb, hades was the place for the dead, filled with darkness & nothingness.

The fire of hell can possibly best be understood under the concept of fire
as a purefeir. Fire can either burn and destroy, or it can purefy, such as
fire used to purefy metals, so too the symbol of fire can be understood as
a cleanser to get rid of sin, either through a purification process for the
soul, or as it's ultimate destroyer that will burn not only the body, but the
soul as well.

Think about, what would an, all knowing, and all loving and merciful creator GOD benefit, or seek to gain from ~~> by sending countless
upon countless millions of lost souls to an everlasting place of suffering?


good point, but it raises the age old questiom, can there be good without evil? maybe hell is neccessary to the existance of heaven!

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 10th, 2007, 1:22 pm

but does evil reign supreme over good? or does good reign supreme over evil?

because if good conquers evil, then good has no need for a hell, and if good
was no need evil in order to exist, then good is no longer good but evil itself.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 10th, 2007, 1:24 pm

correction v v v v

and if good was to need evil in order to exist,
then good is no longer good but evil itself.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 736
Joined: February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Unread post by johnnnny » April 10th, 2007, 1:27 pm

Lonewolf wrote:correction v v v v

and if good was to need evil in order to exist,
then good is no longer good but evil itself.


its all about balance? :?:

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Its called Detroit

User avatar
king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Unread post by king phoenix » April 10th, 2007, 6:07 pm

A Ghost wrote:Its called Detroit




:? ?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » April 10th, 2007, 10:58 pm

king phoenix wrote:
A Ghost wrote:Its called Detroit




:? ?


LOL Just playin

User avatar
CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 215
Joined: March 21st, 2007, 4:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 11th, 2007, 2:43 am

Hell is probably what Lonwolf said about Hades.Nothingness.Eternal nothingness.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread post by Noog » May 18th, 2007, 9:30 am

Hell is the absence of Love
An eternity away from love
Heaven is Love and being with, being in, being love
Hell can be on earth
Heaven can be on earth.

In the Lords Prayer the line....thy Kingdom come.....means that to bring the Kigdom of God to earth we need struggle for justice - the Kingdom is a place of eqaulity, community, justice, love - and its for the earth.

Peeps wait for heaven and hell aftyer death. Its right here where heaven or hell truely exist.

roadwalker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: May 19th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Unread post by roadwalker » May 20th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Hell a a little place off to itself where there is no God,
total separation from God is Hell and it's not anyplace you can point to or drive to or whatever
No-one has to go there

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 286
Joined: February 5th, 2005, 6:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Unread post by Anesis » May 20th, 2007, 7:55 pm

Most Christian ideas of Hell come from John Milton's Paradise Lost (fire and brimstone and sulfur) and Dante's Inferno (the nine levels of Hell).

Both of these authors took small verses from the Bible and expanded on them, and most people don't even realize that what they think comes from the Bible comes from these works of fiction.

But, I personally think that if you are going to look at the concept of Hell, you need to look at other religions as well. Christianity is not the only belief system with a Hell, whether it's a place for the dead to rest or a place of torment. Lonewolf mentioned Hades, but Norse mythology also had a Hel who was ruled by Hel.

At the very least, look at the references in literature where most modern day ideas come from. SparkNotes is pretty good with summaries. www.web.eku.edu has a good flash animation of Dante's Inferno.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » May 20th, 2007, 8:19 pm

In my opinion hell is any person, place or thing that is suffering, or has suffering associated with it.

Not this whole little red scaled lizard men with horns coming out of their foreheads shoving pitch forks up your ass....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2007, 9:37 pm

Not this whole little red scaled lizard men with horns coming out of their foreheads shoving pitch forks up your ass....

LMAO

fo me hell is the earth

fkk life

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 327
Joined: January 17th, 2004, 9:47 am
Location: u know the name

Unread post by worldwide » May 22nd, 2007, 2:53 am

WE HAVE MUCH TO LEARN

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Contact:

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 11th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Image

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 715
Joined: March 7th, 2007, 11:32 pm

Unread post by justice league » June 13th, 2007, 10:48 pm

the only believable explanation I have heard of heaven and hell is the CSLewis book, the Great Divorce


if you havent read it,,,, its worth the effort.... short and sweet and very much to the point

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 23rd, 2007, 8:36 pm

IMAGINE THIS . . .

THE MOST PERFECT OF ALL ANGELS . . .

HE SEES THAT HE CAN DO AND BE GREAT AMONGST . . .

BEGINS TO GROW THE BIGGEST OF ALL EGOS . . .

HE BEGINS TO BELEIVE THAT HE CAN BE GOD . . .

HE CAN DO MOST ANYTHING . . .

DON'T NO OTHER BEING COMPARES HE CLAIMS . . .

HE CAN DO AND UN-DO . . .

HE'S A LEADER OF MYRIADS . . .

HE GOES AND COMES TO AND FRO . . .

HE SEES ALL THAT IS CREATED . . .

AND HE HAS KNOWLEDGE . . .

A MOST PERFECT "ANGEL" BEING . . .

THEN HIS HEART GROWS BIGGER THAN HIS MIND . . .

HE CHALLENGES GOD . . .

HE'S PUNISHED & VANISHED . . .

THROWN DOWN INTO THE ABYSS . . .

INTO THE BLACK HOLE . . .

INTO THE NEDERLANDS . . .

AWAY FROM THE LIGHT . . .

AND INTO THE DARKNESS . . .

BUT HE ALREADY HAD BECOME A CANCER . . .

HE INFECTED MANY . . .

AND THEY ARE CAST AWAY WITH HIM . . .

BUT SOME HOPE REMAINS . . .

IN THE GOODNESS OF GOD'S HEART . . .

THERE EXIST "SALVATION" . . .

A WAY TO REDEEM THE FALLEN ONES . . .

A WAY TO PROBE AND TEST . . .

SEE WHICH WILL REPENT . . .

THEY'RE SHOWNED LOVE . . .

THEY'RE SHOWN MERCY . . .

THEY'RE SHOWN THE WAY . . .

A TEST OF SORT . . .

A MEASURING TO SEE . . .

WHO TRULY HAS RECOGNIZED . . .

WHO TRULY ACKNOWLEDGES . . .

WHO TRULY REPENTS . . .

THESE NOW MUST GO THRU A TRIAL . . .

A TRIBULATION TO ENDURE . . .

A RITE OF PASSAGE . . .

THEY MUST NOW PASS THE GAUNTLET . . .

A GAUNTLET CALLED "LIFE" . . .

AND FOR THOSE THAT ENDURE . . .

FOR THOSE WHO GAIN THE WISDOM . . .

FOR THOSE WHO REGAIN LOVE INTO THEIR HEARTS . . .

THOSE IN WHOSE JUSTICE STILL PREVAILS . . .

THEN THOSE RE-GAIN ENTRY . . .

ENTRY INTO GOD'S KINGDOM . . .

INTO GOD'S PEACE . . .

Post Reply

Return to “Religious Thought”