SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE BIBLE HUH ?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
noname20
What city do you live in now?: oklahoma city

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE BIBLE HUH ?

Unread post by noname20 » April 22nd, 2009, 6:06 pm

most people dont know that the bible books were untitled when they were found so why in the hell did they end up with names titled mathew, mark ,luke and john and so on ? wake up sheeple your shepard is coming for you lol!

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re: SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE BIBLE HUH ?

Unread post by SouljahGirl » April 28th, 2009, 2:22 pm

noname20 wrote:most people dont know that the bible books were untitled when they were found so why in the hell did they end up with names titled mathew, mark ,luke and john and so on ? wake up sheeple your shepard is coming for you lol!
Same way we ended up in America..

Hood wimnked and bamboozled...

Naw, but I never heard that one. Can you give me some footnotes please

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 24th, 2009, 2:49 am

noname20 wrote:most people dont know that the bible books were untitled when they were found so why in the hell did they end up with names titled mathew, mark ,luke and john and so on ? wake up sheeple your shepard is coming for you lol!
NOT TRUE!!! If u would have said that the 'Books' in the Bible that make up the Bible as 1 collective book didn't originally have 'chapters and verses' u would have been correct. When writers in the New Testament quote the OT sometimes they'll quote the name of the book.

"For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take." -Acts 1:20

"And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand," -Luke 20:42

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » February 11th, 2010, 2:18 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
NOT TRUE!!! If u would have said that the 'Books' in the Bible that make up the Bible as 1 collective book didn't originally have 'chapters and verses' u would have been correct. When writers in the New Testament quote the OT sometimes they'll quote the name of the book.

"For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take." -Acts 1:20

"And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand," -Luke 20:42
We have to remember that America did not exsist when the Bible was created. It was translated and watered down before it was taught to the slaves. The Bible is NOT the Word of God the Bible are Scriptures. The Word is what comes through the Scriptures and reaches out to man.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Weather we choose to accept it or not. There is supernatural Power in the Scriptures. I am living Proof as well as my Mother of how one can be healed from an illness or even brought back to life from a death bed in the Name of Yeshua ( Jesus)

The Bible is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth