Bill O'reilly say it's a Muslim problem

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Bill O'reilly say it's a Muslim problem

Unread post by alexalonso » October 26th, 2010, 4:04 am

Is the terrorism by Islamic extremist a Muslim problem or a "Muslim extremist" problem? If 10% of the 1.5 billion Muslims support terrorism against the West, how would you describe that problem?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Re: Bill O'reilly say it's a Muslim problem

Unread post by StillNoScript » October 26th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Why did Whoopi have to walk off stage, though? Man, that's now how you beat guys like Bill O Reilly. You take the fight to them. His point was so stupid and so beatable on so many levels the average college freshman could have handed him his rear. Come on, Whoopi. Bill and his ilk are going to be bragging about that forever.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » November 2nd, 2010, 12:00 am

I really don't know why O'reilly decided to throw out the blanket statement. He has to know not all muslims think like that I think he made a point and decided not to budge on it, or he doesn't want to be politically correct.

But where are all these defenders of persecution when christianity is being attacked? Or america's history and emotions like with this "islamic learning center" with a prayer room being built ON ground zero?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 9th, 2010, 5:58 pm

MCD wrote:I really don't know why O'reilly decided to throw out the blanket statement. He has to know not all muslims think like that I think he made a point and decided not to budge on it, or he doesn't want to be politically correct.

But where are all these defenders of persecution when christianity is being attacked? Or america's history and emotions like with this "islamic learning center" with a prayer room being built ON ground zero?
The establishment protects Christianity, they don't protect Islam. Only progressive interests protect Islam. Christianity has more protection than Islam could ever have, even with a million Whoopie Goldbergs defending Islam. You can say certain people are hypocrites for protecting Islam and not Christianity but there no less hypocrites than a system that protects Christianity and not Islam.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 18th, 2010, 4:52 pm

alexalonso wrote:Is the terrorism by Islamic extremist a Muslim problem or a "Muslim extremist" problem? If 10% of the 1.5 billion Muslims support terrorism against the West, how would you describe that problem?
I think terrorism is everyones problem, but more specifically for Muslims. Majority of terrorist acts are not committed against "the west" but against Muslims. The women and children dying in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan are mostly Muslims. This is a Global problem but most specifically affects the peoples whose very countries are getting torn apart.

Not a lot of people understand this, its not just "the west" thats against terrorism. Its the whole Muslim world thats against it, and they are currently living through it. No one who just had their family die in a suicide Bomb will say "Whoohoo, way to go Bro, keep up the good work, we are really showing those Americans".

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » November 18th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Well as the joke goes not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are muslims. :) Just joking, But I would say a lot of muslims have been projected as terrorist, but it has not only been the US that has been the victim of muslim terrorist acts. I think we should be asking why haven't muslims attacked the other countries that are much weaker, who all help america like Taiwan or India. Muslims don't attack them to much to make a statement.

Besides people forgot they were terrorist groups of all kind everywhere like the Haganah and Irgun of Israel , what about the Ku Klux Klan,FARC of Colombia,the Puerto Rican FALN and the FMLN of El Salvador, so terrorist groups come from every culture.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » November 19th, 2010, 12:02 am

StillNoScript wrote:
MCD wrote:I really don't know why O'reilly decided to throw out the blanket statement. He has to know not all muslims think like that I think he made a point and decided not to budge on it, or he doesn't want to be politically correct.

The establishment protects Christianity, they don't protect Islam. Only progressive interests protect Islam. Christianity has more protection than Islam could ever have, even with a million Whoopie Goldbergs defending Islam. You can say certain people are hypocrites for protecting Islam and not Christianity but there no less hypocrites than a system that protects Christianity and not Islam.
Well i don't see it. The establishment protects it? You mean from violent attack or just letting it exist or something? Any religion can exist in America as long as it doesn't harm others physically. There might be Christian support groups but trust me there are no celebrities or renown figures backing up victims of persecution from non-christians/catholics.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 19th, 2010, 2:36 am

ViciousRidah wrote:Well as the joke goes not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are muslims. :) Just joking, But I would say a lot of muslims have been projected as terrorist, but it has not only been the US that has been the victim of muslim terrorist acts. I think we should be asking why haven't muslims attacked the other countries that are much weaker, who all help america like Taiwan or India. Muslims don't attack them to much to make a statement.

Besides people forgot they were terrorist groups of all kind everywhere like the Haganah and Irgun of Israel , what about the Ku Klux Klan,FARC of Colombia,the Puerto Rican FALN and the FMLN of El Salvador, so terrorist groups come from every culture.
Why haven't "Muslims" attacked the other weaker countries? I don't know mate, I tried to bring it up in last nights conference when all the Muslims got together at our local theater (the mosque is too obvious) but everyone was dead bent on attacking america, no one wants to be different anymore and think outside the box. So we called it a night and agreed to stick with the status quo, Only America. I'll keep you updated though ;)

Sorry for the large dose of sarcasm, but you cant over generalize like that. You cant paint over a billion people as terrorists. If its terrorism your talking about, then the word you are looking for is terrorist. Not Muslim.

I agree with you terrorism is a world wide issue and can be found in more than one culture or part of the world. But to now honestly answer your question on why Islamic terrorists exist in one country and not in another similar country.

It all comes down to the government, If the government is strong and its army not totally useless and corrupt, terrorists will find it hard to operate and when caught will never be found again. but when governments are weak than its a wild wild west, and almost anyone can operate with impunity. In the end its always the civilians of the country who face to loose the most. Don't take my word for it, look at all the countries experiencing severe terrorists problems and attacks and look at its government. You probably already knew this, it is in the end common sense.

Peace out
Frozen Fire

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » November 19th, 2010, 4:10 pm

frozen fire wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:Well as the joke goes not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are muslims. :) Just joking, But I would say a lot of muslims have been projected as terrorist, but it has not only been the US that has been the victim of muslim terrorist acts. I think we should be asking why haven't muslims attacked the other countries that are much weaker, who all help america like Taiwan or India. Muslims don't attack them to much to make a statement.

Why haven't "Muslims" attacked the other weaker countries? I don't know mate, I tried to bring it up in last nights conference when all the Muslims got together at our local theater (the mosque is too obvious) but everyone was dead bent on attacking america, no one wants to be different anymore and think outside the box. So we called it a night and agreed to stick with the status quo, Only America. I'll keep you updated though ;)

Sorry for the large dose of sarcasm, but you cant over generalize like that. You cant paint over a billion people as terrorists. If its terrorism your talking about, then the word you are looking for is terrorist. Not Muslim.

I agree with you terrorism is a world wide issue and can be found in more than one culture or part of the world. But to now honestly answer your question on why Islamic terrorists exist in one country and not in another similar country.

It all comes down to the government, If the government is strong and its army not totally useless and corrupt, terrorists will find it hard to operate and when caught will never be found again. but when governments are weak than its a wild wild west, and almost anyone can operate with impunity. In the end its always the civilians of the country who face to loose the most. Don't take my word for it, look at all the countries experiencing severe terrorists problems and attacks and look at its government. You probably already knew this, it is in the end common sense.

Peace out
Frozen Fire
Naw you misinterpreted me. My point is that they are a lot countries other than America that basically muslims or Arabs see as detestable enemies . Like Israel, but the bulk of the attacks comes from Palestinians , and maybe some Jordanians but I don't read about too many other semitic middle eastern political groups attacking Israel. And they are much weaker in national saftey even though they(Israel) spends 10% of their GDP on security . They are also countries like Australia ,New Zealand, or even NATO countries that muslim extremist see as indirect allies of the US . India also has a significant muslim population but I don't think India has to much terrorist attacks there.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 20th, 2010, 6:01 am

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I see what you mean now. but I can still kinda give you the same answer. Terrorists can only operate in broken down societies with little government control. Where they can openly set up camp and preach hate. They cant do this so easily in places like Australia or NATO countries for example. Almost every stable country in todays world has a anti-terrorism task force that monitors these sorts of things. America that considers itself the main target of terrorism hasnt really had many successful attacks on its soil since 9/11, same could be said for its greatest ally the UK (apart from the bus bombings, thats all i can remember).

But then again your right, its not that hard to get a gun in any usa, uk, australia, new zealand or any nato country, if gangsters can find them, one would assume terrorists can as well. So why aren't we seeing a dozen drive bys a day done by terrorists to cause havoc?

well you need to understand how they operate in countries like Pakistan or Afghanistan. Within a country with weak government power they can easily go to a remote village and declare it theirs and it will be too far away and insignificant for the government to bother with. Terrorists can easily create safe havens, places they can operate and plan with impunity, places they can also recruit and brainwash the neglected youth of the society. Where they can dig tunnels and hideouts so even if they are visited can hold out long enough for the government to grow tired and focus on another area. It might look like senseless killing to you, but to them its actually politics, with a long term plan to rule the country, their country.

This is impossible for any of the places you described.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » November 20th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Countries like New Zealand,Australia, and any Western Democratic country may be some what impossible to nurture terrorist groups,But that is not impossible in other countries were there is political instability and a large group that disapproves of the government. This kind of environment would foster these kind of groups. That is exactly what I was thinking.