Once saved always saved "Audio"

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Once saved always saved "Audio"

Unread post by silentwssj » March 22nd, 2015, 8:48 pm

I have been listening to a lot of CD's lately as I commute back and forth hundreds of miles to work every week. My car pool partner has quite a collection. Anyhow, this guy John Martinoni stands out to me. I think he does a real good job explaining scriptures and how it relates to the Catholic Faith! As many of you know already know Bumperjack and I had a real lively Catholic Christian vs Protestant Christian debate going on. One of the subjects that we touched on was Salvation. Catholics believe it is a process and not a guarantee. protestants believe that it is a one time event in a Christians life. I heard this audio thought that it would be a good one to share with the people of Streetgangs. If you have an hour of free time to listen and are interested in the subject, I think it will be worth your while. I thought this was an important subject because there is so much diversity of belief regarding it. We as Gang members often times get approached by well meaning Christians promising Salvation with a simple little prayer. It is my belief that Salvation is open to all but it is not that easy! It is a lifelong process and can absolutely be forfeited if you choose to fall back into Mortal sin. I don't post this video to disrespect other Christian groups or start conflict. I do it because I am a man of Catholic Faith and simply seek to inform others of the truth as I see it! Anyhow, hopefully someone gets something out of it. Take care and God bless! Silent!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Once saved always saved "Audio"

Unread post by bumperjack » April 8th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Silent Thats right post your belief in "God" cause we serve him.He is no respector of persons nor religion,If you study! which you are very well read! But faith comes from hearing and doing my brother,I have been a follower for many years.I thought I was bullet proof for many years!!! being stabbed (on the streets) and shot in California and Nevada Prisons.But I thank God for protecting me from what I thought I wanted and blessing me with what I didn't know I needed.I just got baptised on Easter by my pastor.what a special day to show my expression of my faith and salvation which is inner.Its basically a symbol in the outward expression of your inner salvation.Baptism, We have different views and beliefs but serve the same God my brother Silent.I haven't check the video out yet homie but I will.You know we been friends for over a year now and We hold a mutual Respect for one another.Were both from Nor.Cali in fact we only grew up 45 miles from one another which is ironic. Yeah were "Christians" and "exgangmembers" So any of you guys trying to get at us on the under know we don't push no agenda as As active in the lifestyle,So I would warn any and all on SG to approach us with caution we been there and done that.But thats between God and us.Trust no one is my motto.I have had haters and curious suspect individuals get at me.save your time and energy unless you plan on sharing your faith.Just wanted to put that out there no disrespect to anyone,good post silent.Just wanted to put it out there brother cause its been on my heart homie.much respects to my homie and CHRISTIAN BROTHER SILENT.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » April 9th, 2015, 8:14 pm

Right on Bumperjack! I couldn't agree more! I have come to a place of peace in my heart with the religious stuff! As you guys know, I am Catholic to the core and that will never change. I have absolute respect for you though Bumperjack and even your version of Christianity! Honestly I learned lot from our religious debates! I am definitely better equipped to answer questions now because of it. I probably will occasionally post things from time to time but nothing to serious at the present time as I am to busy! Anyhow, much love and Respect goes out to everyone on this website! Yes, me and Bumperjack come from opposite organizations but it is all good. We are both members of the Body of Christ at this point in our lives. I think if anything we can simply serve as an example of how God can change people from the inside out for the better. Take care and God Bless everyone! Silent!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » April 10th, 2015, 4:21 am

Silent,Yes you are a man of God,Catholic,Christian,To Me what matters is our transformed lives in Christ Jesus...I learned alot from you brother from digging on understanding and I thank You.Like I stated before I'm a Christ-Follower,I know God is no respector of religion...as long as you are saved by His grace unmerited favor... it's a free gift we both excepted.So that makes us brothers because we have the same Father...We are not set tripping because we are above the lies and deceit of the Devil...Demons believe and tremble...thats why I picked up the cross and followed Him,submit,obey and grow in His likeness...Yes Silent Im also at Peace with our dialogue we both learned alot from each other and I thank God for putting you in my path.Seriously Brother you have alot of "Spiritual Wisdom" and reguardless were we come from we have no more axe to grind.I have grown from your knowledge & Wisdom and believe it or not you had a hand in encouraging me in ways I thought were not possible.by Study and your stance on a "transformed life" which only comes from our Father above.God Bless you all on SG.BJ