King Solomon Black?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
TomKat
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Oklahoma
What city do you live in now?: OKC

King Solomon Black?

Unread post by TomKat » September 5th, 2017, 5:35 pm

I will always believe the ancient Hebrews/Israelites were of many colors due to the many of the Hebrew kings having children from many tribes.However was Solomon and his father King David black?

1The song of songs, which is Solomon's.

2Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

3Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

The Friends

4Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

The Bride

5I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

7Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?

Solomon Speaks

8If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.

9I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots.

10Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.

The Friends

11We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.

The Bride

12While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.

13A bundle of myrrh is my wellbeloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.

14My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.

Solomon

15Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

The Bride

16Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.

Solomon

17The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/songs/1.htm
What's your take on this. I strongly believe in the Bible so if Solomon black or of a darker color, King David would have had to have been as well

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: King Solomon Black?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 5th, 2017, 7:47 am

To a true spiritual person, why do you think it would matter what the color of the man's (king David) skin was?

MonkEastman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Santa Rosa

Unread post by MonkEastman » October 5th, 2017, 11:13 pm

David Solomon's father was a red head. The woman he was singing to was from Kush, located near modern Eritrea. Hebrews at the time were Semitic. Now the remaining tribes run the gambit.
Here's a music video that includes modern Israelis from all over the world. they share genetic markers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_oajsiBiQA[/video]

MonkEastman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Santa Rosa

Unread post by MonkEastman » October 5th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 8th, 2017, 10:25 am

not to come on your post and mess it up with imo, but ~> i don't really see what they end point would be if king david and the whole hebrew nation was blak, so what? it's still a question of faith (christianity) and not ethnicity or race, unless you want to obtain all the blessings that the hebrews or israelis were promised by God. if that's the case where you want to reinvent the Bible's God chosen people, then i get it, but overall it doesn't really matter in terms of the salvation message from God to the herbrews and israelis, salvation comes to all regardless of skin color and such, if that's not the case and skin color is important like that for God, then i dare say man is not like God, but instead God is like man (black or white) and race does matter, so i guess trump was right, this is a white nation blessed by God, and all us brown people are aliens, yeah. That's what, imo, race and skin color would do to the Bible message if you start dissecting it under the color of a man's skin.

TomKat
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TomKat » October 15th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Lonewolf wrote:To a true spiritual person, why do you think it would matter what the color of the man's (king David) skin was?
You didn't mess up my post at all bruh. It's not that anybody's race is better than the other, because I strongly believe that many of the Ancient Hebrews were of many people from all around the globe based off of all the mixing of marriages of children from backgrounds all around the world..
But I've always thought it was interesting that many of us who grew up in black churches were brought it up to believe that things like this could never be spiritually true..So I felt like posting it up here

TomKat
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TomKat » October 15th, 2017, 3:05 pm

MonkEastman wrote:David Solomon's father was a red head. The woman he was singing to was from Kush, located near modern Eritrea. Hebrews at the time were Semitic. Now the remaining tribes run the gambit.
Here's a music video that includes modern Israelis from all over the world. they share genetic markers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_oajsiBiQA[/video]
The Ancient Hebrews had people of various colors because many of their leaders married women from all over the world(Africa, Modern-day Middle East/Persia, and various lands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsfVI8c3io

These are too interesting YouTube debates.
One of which was pretty interesting because I never viewed Jesus or God as black, white or any particular color..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_n0M_oxpyU&t=588s

Again, the white minister did make some legit debates, because he seems to think though there were blacks in the Bible he didn't believe the Israelites were black.
It's just overall interesting to me tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVmKCYygGwM

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 16th, 2017, 8:27 am

personally i think we are the fallen angels cast down to the abyss serving our sentence and we have no real revelation from the true God, other than His message of "redemption," and the rest is mostly man man religion(s), whether Hebrew, Catholic, Orthodox or Dispensationalist Christianity; in other words were in hell, we are in prison coming up with all sorts or conjecture and assumptions about ourselves and our role in this whole mess of a world, that's my opinionated conclusion on the subject matter.

TomKat
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TomKat » October 20th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Well we all do have our opinions on what religion means to them. I've always strongly believed that God is very much real: still do believe in him. Of course, we all struggle with making the best decisions for our lives, meaning that unfortunately, we all eventually, end up reaping what we sow in life..

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 23rd, 2017, 1:33 am

o yeah man, for sure, i mean, don't get me wrong or anything like that, but i have always believed in God myself, so basically to me it's like we all have it ingrained in our dna as to wonder about God, right? I think that there's certain revelation given to us which guides us towards righteousness, for our benefit, what one can call "salvation" if not necessarily anything else like a heaven or a paradise, salvation that comes from God is within you, like it said "The Kingdom of God is Within You." Therefore available to every man and woman of every color and shape and ethnicity or what have you, because we are all indeed a race of human intermixing all over and through out time, so to me when it comes to whether there were Hebrew Blacks or Hebrews were Black, or Descendants and things like that, well, personally, i think it is irrelevant to the biblical message(?). Now, where i believe there is plenty of valid argument for is against the way in which European Judaism and Western Christianity have represented with imagery the biblical message in terms of all white physical features and color of skin, so yeah, if that's the issue, then yeah, i would agree that there's some straightening out of things needed and laying down the facts for sure, but i would call that topic more of a political and cultural nature, more so than a religious one, no? but the whole deal about mixing color of skin and mixing it with the Biblical message, to me it's almost like going back to Temple Era Judaism, but in reverse. IMO