Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by black » November 27th, 2005, 3:51 am

X wrote:
TmaaN wrote:The "god that exist within me?" LOL
we been fooled to think that when we die, that's when we will have a good life and meet and kick it with all of our dead loved ones, when in reality, our heaven and hell is for us in this life.
you must be a 5% because if you were muslim you would know muslims believe in heaven and hell to.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 27th, 2005, 10:28 am

Read up on your history cuz most likely Christians told you all of the Black Africans were forced to convert by the Muslims. The black man in America was systematically converted to Christianity, you cant say the same for Islam in West Africa. Soma the greatest West African Kingdoms were Black Muslims yall dont know shit bout our roots, thats the TRUE roots not some niggas on the opposite side of the continent cuz we are West African Descent so we can directly claim these empires. Look at Mali, Songhai, the Hausa States, the Fulani etc. Dont give me that BS, there were groups such as the Qadiriyya Brotherhood that didnt rape and convert nobody, they peacefully spread Islam. There was no Qadriyya Brotherhood in America, the Christians cant say that for themselves. And edition to that the Qadiriyya were Arabs so gain some knowledge before saying everybody was forced to convert. This is before we came to America so many of us were Muslims. Askia Muhammad was one of the greatest black Muslims along with Mansa Musa, dont tell me they were forced to convert, nigga they were rulers who invited Muslims into the Royal Courts and asked to be converted and thats the story with most of the Black Africa Kingdoms in West Africa. The African kings allowed them in the royal courts and then later on became Muslims themselves after learning from them. People you allow dont make you do shit. Ask bout Sunni Ali from Mali. Or Shehu Usuman dan Fodio, Seku Ahmadu, al-Hajj Umar and many more Black Africans and used that old tired excuse again. If Christianity didnt destroy our roots maybe you would honor them and know our history of Kingdoms. If you need further proff Christianity fucked us over mentally there you have it case close cuz I wasnt exposed to our history as a Christian either cuz they aint gonna tell you shit bout the Ancient Black Muslims. Yall niggas gotta get up on some knowledge before you speak on the West African Muslims.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » November 27th, 2005, 11:13 am

Islam is a path towards peace - christianity is rooted in Blood - paganism and bits and pieces from every little religion that existed back in that period of time

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » November 27th, 2005, 12:37 pm

alonso wrote:
thrak wrote:Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??
I always asked my self that same question. Blacks who change their European name because it is rooted in slavery, to an Arabic name, just traded one "slave name" for another "slave name." The Arabs are the leader in African slave trade since the year 600 A.D., while the Europeans came along around 1450 AD.
True, but the difference between the Islamic slave trade and the Atlantic slave trade is very very different. Islam may have been slave holders first but in the entire Islamic slave trade they still didnt trade as many slaves as the Europeans did. The nature of the Islamic slave trade was a slower paced slave trade in which more women were traded than men were, usually at the pace of 1 male to every 3 females. Islamic slave trading was based around religion, not tedious work. Usually slaves were brought to the middle east to be converted to Islam and to help out around the estate, houe, etc. they were free to roam around the city unlike the Atlantic slave trade in which thousands died just to get there, Atlantic slave trade was brutal and degrading. Blacks were told that they were incapable of learning what whites knew because their brains were too small. They were not allowed to marry or learn to read and I believe Muslim slaves were allowed to do both. So the nature of both of the slave trades are different so its kind of hard to compare, although u are correct both were slave holders so in a way it doesnt make sense.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 27th, 2005, 3:04 pm

purplecityhello wrote:Islam is a path towards peace - christianity is rooted in Blood - paganism and bits and pieces from every little religion that existed back in that period of time
Then what is jihad?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 27th, 2005, 3:09 pm

alonso wrote:
thrak wrote:Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??
I always asked my self that same question. Blacks who change their European name because it is rooted in slavery, to an Arabic name, just traded one "slave name" for another "slave name." The Arabs are the leader in African slave trade since the year 600 A.D., while the Europeans came along around 1450 AD.

Now those that change their name to an African name like Kwesi Mfume or some other West African name where most Black Americans have their roots would make more sense.

Also, all those pagan Christian rituals that are practice by most of today Christians are not rooted in scripture. Christmas, Easter, Santa Claus, Red Horned Devil, etc, are not Biblical and true Christians would not practice them. In fact Christmas was outlawed by the Puritans in England for sometime. If you read Jeremiah 10: 2-5 it describes a custom similar to celebrating the Christmas tree and to stay away from it.

Dont be misled by the bogus practices.
That's true, except I think Christmas by itself, without any magical Santa Claus stuff, is completely acceptable as a holiday, why not celebrate if you focus on Jesus and not on some Xbox 360 you want under a tree.

Gift exchange is okay as long as you keep the focus of Jesus and in this case Christian fellowship and generosity.

About the changing names to find your "roots", a good short story (like 3 pages) to read is "Everyday Use: for you grandmama", it's a good read.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 27th, 2005, 3:32 pm

What knowledge you got on Africa Alonso calling Islam a slave religion. Cuz I dont think you would call the African Kings and their peope slaves that's disrespect. And technically the Arabs wouldnt even have the man power to force all of the Africans to convert. So thats unfounded BS that they made all of us convert which aint even logical. Everybody had slaves but America's system was systematic. Its not like America where all the blacks are locked in one country. Dont try to drop Islam to Christianities level thats a second disrespect cuz I dont know of no Christians that influenced the African Royal Courts. King Mansa Musa went on the Hajj with so much gold Egypt was stunned when he passed that nation. None of them Arabs in no Nile River boats caked like that nigga. How you calling our Empires slaves? Yall believing too much that the Africans was weak like the white folks think, cuz like I said it would be impossible to make every African convert by force unlike in America. If you mad at somebody be mad at the Kings for converting they kingdoms.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 28th, 2005, 3:38 am

Quickdraw wrote:What knowledge you got on Africa Alonso calling Islam a slave religion. because I dont think you would call the African Kings and their peope slaves that's disrespect. And technically the Arabs wouldnt even have the man power to force all of the Africans to convert. So thats unfounded BS that they made all of us convert which aint even logical. Everybody had slaves but America's system was systematic. Its not like America where all the blacks are locked in one country. Dont try to drop Islam to Christianities level thats a second disrespect because I dont know of no Christians that influenced the African Royal Courts. King Mansa Musa went on the Hajj with so much gold Egypt was stunned when he passed that nation. None of them Arabs in no Nile River boats caked like that nigga. How you calling our Empires slaves? Yall believing too much that the Africans was weak like the white folks think, because like I said it would be impossible to make every African convert by force unlike in America. If you mad at somebody be mad at the Kings for converting they kingdoms.
The Arab slave caravans where systemic for that period in the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th Centuries. Infact, during those years, the Arab slave trade was the most sophisticated. Slavery was a common practice in Islam, and even Mohammed had a slave named Ziad (Zaid). Arabs are not natives to Africa, they invaded Egypt in the 7th Century and eventually took over all of North Africa in the name of Islam. Basically they colonized Egypt all they way across to the West and never left. They stripped the culture, the original languages and their original religions. And yes, the Arabs had plenty of man power to convert and take control.

In the year 624 Mohammed led many successful battles on the Arabian peninsula including the battle of Badr (read up on that one) and by 639 Conquest of Khuizistan led to their first movements into Africa. And all along they were active in the slave trade. Did you know that the slave trade is still active in Arab controlled Mauritania and the Sudan, and Mauritania didnt officially abolish slavery until July 5, 1980. I think the United States abolished it in 1865.

Slave Trade
10 - 12 million Africans where taken across the Atlantic to all the Americas, that would include South, Central, North America and the Carribean since 1441. A majority of these slave went to Brazil, not America as many people believe

18 million went to Europe during this same period

14 - 20 million Africans traded by Arabs. That's systemic.

If you doubt the role of Islam in the slave trade, and/or how systemic it was, I recommend that you read the following;
-History of Slavery by Suzanne Everett (good chapter called Crushing the Last Slavers talks all about the role of Islam)
-Slavery in the Arab World by Murray Gordon (entire books talks about Islam engaged and justified slavery the same way Southern White Christians did)

And I know a little bit about the subject and I would almost bet that I have read more books on the topic, been to Africa more times, and sat in enough classes on the subject. If I am wrong about that, forgive me, and I also used to teach on the subject of Race / Ethnicity and Religion for a couple years.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 28th, 2005, 3:55 am

purplecityhello wrote:Islam is a path towards peace - christianity is rooted in Blood - paganism and bits and pieces from every little religion that existed back in that period of time
Both religions are a path towards peace and both religions have a bloody and brutal past. Islam and Christianity have dabbles with idolitry. It seems that we all know that Christianity, as practiced by the Spaniards and other cultures have a negative history, but Islam has its fair share of blood on its hand. When I read a comment so one sided it suggests that there is agenda behind it. The way that the crescent moon became a symbol in Islam would fall under your comment of "paganism and bits and pieces."

Just as some one would ask how can a Black person be a Christian, you can say the same thing for Islam if you look it from a historical perpective.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 28th, 2005, 3:57 am

Quickdraw wrote:Read up on your history because most likely Christians told you all of the Black Africans were forced to convert by the Muslims. The black man in America was systematically converted to Christianity, you cant say the same for Islam in West Africa. Soma the greatest West African Kingdoms were Black Muslims yall dont know shit bout our roots, thats the TRUE roots not some niggas on the opposite side of the continent because we are West African Descent so we can directly claim these empires. Look at Mali, Songhai, the Hausa States, the Fulani etc. Dont give me that BS, there were groups such as the Qadiriyya Brotherhood that didnt rape and convert nobody, they peacefully spread Islam. There was no Qadriyya Brotherhood in America, the Christians cant say that for themselves. And edition to that the Qadiriyya were Arabs so gain some knowledge before saying everybody was forced to convert. This is before we came to America so many of us were Muslims. Askia Muhammad was one of the greatest black Muslims along with Mansa Musa, dont tell me they were forced to convert, nigga they were rulers who invited Muslims into the Royal Courts and asked to be converted and thats the story with most of the Black Africa Kingdoms in West Africa. The African kings allowed them in the royal courts and then later on became Muslims themselves after learning from them. People you allow dont make you do shit. Ask bout Sunni Ali from Mali. Or Shehu Usuman dan Fodio, Seku Ahmadu, al-Hajj Umar and many more Black Africans and used that old tired excuse again. If Christianity didnt destroy our roots maybe you would honor them and know our history of Kingdoms. If you need further proff Christianity #%@& us over mentally there you have it case close because I wasnt exposed to our history as a Christian either because they aint gonna tell you shit bout the Ancient Black Muslims. Yall niggas gotta get up on some knowledge before you speak on the West African Muslims.
Blacks in Africa were converted by the sword in the name of Islam too. Starting in 624 and for the next 200 years if you didnt convert to Islam in African, you were handled with and those that rebelled were beheaded. I am the only one that knows this history? Ofcourse there were many Islamic caravans that come into town to where they didnt she any blood to get converts, but that wasnt always the norm.

Actually their were ancient Black Christians in Ethiopia that go back further in time before the existence of Islam. Infact among some of the oldest Christian churches on the planet were/and still are in Africa, the Coptic Church in Egypt and Ethiopia.

There were several jihads launched in the area, in Ghana, Senegal and several other areas. Many of the converts would do so out of fear. Those leading Jihad in the name of Islam were Yahya, Tarsina, and Abd-Allah bin Yasin and they did kill many African people. Conversion to Islam by Mansa Musa and others had strong political and economic motives. Access to trade routes to the middle east was one.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 28th, 2005, 6:02 am

didn't Mansa Musa have slaves his self?

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 28th, 2005, 6:08 am

battle of Badr is refer to in the q'uran as the day of deliverence.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 28th, 2005, 6:31 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
That's true, except I think Christmas by itself, without any magical Santa Claus stuff, is completely acceptable as a holiday, why not celebrate if you focus on Jesus and not on some Xbox 360 you want under a tree.

Gift exchange is okay as long as you keep the focus of Jesus and in this case Christian fellowship and generosity.

About the changing names to find your "roots", a good short story (like 3 pages) to read is "Everyday Use: for you grandmama", it's a good read.
how is it exceptable when jesus wasn't even born in december? besides christmas can be traced back before jesus was even born.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 28th, 2005, 6:50 am

alonso wrote:
Both religions are a path towards peace and both religions have a bloody and brutal past. Islam and Christianity have dabbles with idolitry. It seems that we all know that Christianity, as practiced by the Spaniards and other cultures have a negative history, but Islam has its fair share of blood on its hand. When I read a comment so one sided it suggests that there is agenda behind it. The way that the crescent moon became a symbol in Islam would fall under your comment of "paganism and bits and pieces."

Just as some one would ask how can a Black person be a Christian, you can say the same thing for Islam if you look it from a historical perpective.
yeah islam has some paganism rooted in its religion. you got to remember that these arabs were pagans before the prophet Muhammad(praise be unto him) converted them. the crescent moon alonso is talking about dates back to the time of the sumerians. the kaba and the blackstone also have some root in paganism.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 28th, 2005, 10:14 am

alonso wrote:
Quickdraw wrote:Read up on your history because most likely Christians told you all of the Black Africans were forced to convert by the Muslims. The black man in America was systematically converted to Christianity, you cant say the same for Islam in West Africa. Soma the greatest West African Kingdoms were Black Muslims yall dont know shit bout our roots, thats the TRUE roots not some niggas on the opposite side of the continent because we are West African Descent so we can directly claim these empires. Look at Mali, Songhai, the Hausa States, the Fulani etc. Dont give me that BS, there were groups such as the Qadiriyya Brotherhood that didnt rape and convert nobody, they peacefully spread Islam. There was no Qadriyya Brotherhood in America, the Christians cant say that for themselves. And edition to that the Qadiriyya were Arabs so gain some knowledge before saying everybody was forced to convert. This is before we came to America so many of us were Muslims. Askia Muhammad was one of the greatest black Muslims along with Mansa Musa, dont tell me they were forced to convert, nigga they were rulers who invited Muslims into the Royal Courts and asked to be converted and thats the story with most of the Black Africa Kingdoms in West Africa. The African kings allowed them in the royal courts and then later on became Muslims themselves after learning from them. People you allow dont make you do shit. Ask bout Sunni Ali from Mali. Or Shehu Usuman dan Fodio, Seku Ahmadu, al-Hajj Umar and many more Black Africans and used that old tired excuse again. If Christianity didnt destroy our roots maybe you would honor them and know our history of Kingdoms. If you need further proff Christianity #%@& us over mentally there you have it case close because I wasnt exposed to our history as a Christian either because they aint gonna tell you shit bout the Ancient Black Muslims. Yall niggas gotta get up on some knowledge before you speak on the West African Muslims.
Blacks in Africa were converted by the sword in the name of Islam too. Starting in 624 and for the next 200 years if you didnt convert to Islam in African, you were handled with and those that rebelled were beheaded. I am the only one that knows this history? Ofcourse there were many Islamic caravans that come into town to where they didnt she any blood to get converts, but that wasnt always the norm.

Actually their were ancient Black Christians in Ethiopia that go back further in time before the existence of Islam. Infact among some of the oldest Christian churches on the planet were/and still are in Africa, the Coptic Church in Egypt and Ethiopia.

There were several jihads launched in the area, in Ghana, Senegal and several other areas. Many of the converts would do so out of fear. Those leading Jihad in the name of Islam were Yahya, Tarsina, and Abd-Allah bin Yasin and they did kill many African people. Conversion to Islam by Mansa Musa and others had strong political and economic motives. Access to trade routes to the middle east was one.
Your talking bout them Almoravids and Sanhaja Berbers who were basically radicals who didnt fight for Islam but for their own glory. They burned the books of Muslims who didnt agree with their movement and murdered many of their own people as well as fighting in Spain.

In Ghana many Kings such as Tunka Menin allowed Muslim traders to live within his Kingdom. In fact, the Royal City of Kumbi Saleh which had 3,000 30,000 (I cant remember) people was split into two halves. One side was inhabited by the Muslims containing many Mosque and the second half was called "El-Ghaba" where Ghana's traditional religions lived. These Muslims were able to spread influence since the Ghanian kings permitted Islam to exist among Ghana even though they themselves didnt convert. These Muslim traders were able to spread Islam to many in Ghana. One historic example is Takrur which was a state within Ghana's Empire. The people in Takrur werent Berber or Arab they were black like you and me. The state of Takrur was practicing Islam years before Yahya ibn Ibrahim's Jihad ever touched Ghana. He and his followers never introduced Ghana to Islam, they only brought a movement.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » November 28th, 2005, 11:11 am

Alonso brings up many valid points

But all in all the main theme of Islam is that every man is born pure and through charity and good will to man he will see his way to paradise

christians believe you are born in sin and mans true nature is wickedness but through repentance and doing good deeds he will see his way to heaven

basically its whatever works better for you

I study Islam but not as a religion - since religion is based on a system of beliefs but as a science (shown and proven facts)

heres a link to what we teach http://pandora.cs.elon.edu/an/What.html

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 28th, 2005, 6:17 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

how is it exceptable when jesus wasn't even born in december? besides christmas can be traced back before jesus was even born.
1. No one knows when Jesus was born in this day and age, until we find the census records from the Roman empire, and most of those were destroyed when Rome fell. The closest we got was finding Pontius Pilot's records.

2. I realize that the December date was arbitrarily chosen, but don't say "Christmas" can be traced to before Jesus. There was (past tense) a pagan holiday in December, and so the Christian leaders during that time decided to celebrate Jesus on the same day so that people would have to serioiusly choose which religion to follow (they wanted to prevent it being a non-religious holiday to just party like so many people do today)

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 28th, 2005, 6:21 pm

purplecityhello wrote:Alonso brings up many valid points

But all in all the main theme of Islam is that every man is born pure and through charity and good will to man he will see his way to paradise

christians believe you are born in sin and mans true nature is wickedness but through repentance and doing good deeds he will see his way to heaven

basically its whatever works better for you

I study Islam but not as a religion - since religion is based on a system of beliefs but as a science (shown and proven facts)

heres a link to what we teach http://pandora.cs.elon.edu/an/What.html
Dog that isn't even what the Koran says, be more specific in saying "we" = 5%'ters

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 28th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head.
Why would "Allah" make any sense to have an acronym in English when in Arabic (which is it's original language) it wouldn't make any sense?

And there are other ways to translate "Allah" from this:

(the top one)

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 28th, 2005, 9:36 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

Noone knows the date of Jesus' birth, but we know for a fact that it was not on a cold December in Israel. We do know that he was born in a manger and that the farm animals were outside on the field. In Israel, in December they bring the animals inside. Jesus was born in the month Ethanim which would fall somewhere from September - October. We know this because Jesus was born 6 months after John the Baptist. Jesus was born in the fall, which is consistent with the account of his birth.

But the subject of why Blacks shouldn't be Christian has not been thoroughly explained according to scripture. Can anyone provide compelling information from the scriptures that would turn Blacks away from Christianity.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 29th, 2005, 12:12 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

1. No one knows when Jesus was born in this day and age, until we find the census records from the Roman empire, and most of those were destroyed when Rome fell. The closest we got was finding Pontius Pilot's records.

2. I realize that the December date was arbitrarily chosen, but don't say "Christmas" can be traced to before Jesus. There was (past tense) a pagan holiday in December, and so the Christian leaders during that time decided to celebrate Jesus on the same day so that people would have to serioiusly choose which religion to follow (they wanted to prevent it being a non-religious holiday to just party like so many people do today)
the word christmas came after jesus, but many of the christmas traditions come from pagans at the time of babylon when they worshipped the deity marduk. there for it is traced back before jesus was born like i said.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 29th, 2005, 12:47 am

alonso wrote:
Noone knows the date of Jesus' birth, but we know for a fact that it was not on a cold December in Israel. We do know that he was born in a manger and that the farm animals were outside on the field. In Israel, in December they bring the animals inside. Jesus was born in the month Ethanim which would fall somewhere from September - October. We know this because Jesus was born 6 months after John the Baptist. Jesus was born in the fall, which is consistent with the account of his birth.

But the subject of why Blacks shouldn't be Christian has not been thoroughly explained according to scripture. Can anyone provide compelling information from the scriptures that would turn Blacks away from Christianity.

exactly he wasn't born in december. i think the question is doesn't it make sense for anyone to be a christian in this day in time. the bible speaks of a comforter coming after jesus. sometimes it says the comforter is the holy ghost other times it just says comforter. John 15:26, John 14:26, John 16:7-14. who exactly is this comforter? is he another prophet come to show us the way?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 29th, 2005, 1:30 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
alonso wrote:

exactly he wasn't born in december. i think the question is doesn't it make sense for anyone to be a christian in this day in time. the bible speaks of a comforter coming after jesus. sometimes it says the comforter is the holy ghost other times it just says comforter. John 15:26, John 14:26, John 16:7-14. who exactly is this comforter? is he another prophet come to show us the way?
I am surprised that for all the verses you know you have no understanding of basic Christianity. The comforter is the Holy Spirit, he came at the Pentecost.

But Muslims claim that the comforter is Muhammed, but how is Muhammed a "holy ghost"?
But then they say the Bible was "altered" so it's really about who you believe.

And Alonso, there is really nothing that would prevent blacks from being Christian. MLK Jr. was a baptist minister and I can honestly say that he had done more for civil rights in America than any other black leader. We don't have a "Malcolm X Day" do we? Furthermore in the bible there are several passages against any for of discrimination, from Genesis to the Laws of Moses, to Jesus accepting all people, to Paul saying that Gentiles should not be rejected by the Jews, and so on.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 30th, 2005, 12:44 am

alonso wrote:

I comply that Jesus was born in the fall. But as far as no one knowing his birth.....I'm contentious with that. I know....it's formidable 2 believe but 4 infalliability check out this link. It's I reckon 36 min. long but if u listen 2 the UTTER audio you'll be able 2 fathom.
www.biblelineministries.org/onlineaudio, and subsequently click on the Birthdate of Christ.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 30th, 2005, 12:48 am

LINK ERROR!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the correct link, www.biblelineministries.org/onlineaudio/ and subsequently click on the Birthdate of Christ.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 30th, 2005, 1:21 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
We don't have a "Malcolm X Day" do we?
the reason we have a mlk day is because the white folks want you to be more like him. mlk was preaching if you get slapped turn the other cheek. they don't want you te be like malcom x or the panthers, because malcom was preachin pick up a gun and the panthers actually did it. if you ask me we should have a day in august to celebrate black august but them white folks don't want that.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 30th, 2005, 2:01 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
I am surprised that for all the verses you know you have no understanding of basic Christianity. The comforter is the Holy Spirit, he came at the Pentecost.
maybe i don't have an understanding of basic christianity. but answer me this, how can the holy spirit be the comforter if the holy spirit already existed before the pentecost. jesus(peace be unto him) was filled with the spirit when he was baptized. (mathew 3:16), it was in moses (Numbers 11:16-17), it was in sampson (Judges 13:24-25) and in joshua (Numbers 27:18).

in I corinthians it says the spirit has many diversities but it is the same spirit, whether it be wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, talking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues. so if the prophets and servants of god before jesus (peace be unto him) were filled with the holy spirit why would jesus (peace be unto him) have to die in order for the holy spirit to come if it already existed in the phophets and servants before him.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 30th, 2005, 2:09 am

need some edit buttons.....

Numbers 27:18

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » November 30th, 2005, 2:48 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
But Muslims claim that the comforter is Muhammed, but how is Muhammed a "holy ghost"?
everyone knows that the holy spirit isn't physical. it has to fill you, so how do you know that the holy spirit didn't fill muhammed (peace be unto him).

i am neither a muslim or a christian but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.

so what makes you think that both of these books, which are thousands of years old haven't been altered in some way. they both have the same people in them but they use different names and the stories are even told different.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 30th, 2005, 4:23 am

End Violence NOW wrote:

And Alonso, there is really nothing that would prevent blacks from being Christian. MLK Jr. was a baptist minister and I can honestly say that he had done more for civil rights in America than any other black leader. We don't have a "Malcolm X Day" do we? Furthermore in the bible there are several passages against any for of discrimination, from Genesis to the Laws of Moses, to Jesus accepting all people, to Paul saying that Gentiles should not be rejected by the Jews, and so on.
I dont see any logical reason why Blacks should not be Christians. If it is not good enough for Black people, then it should not be good enough for the rest of humanity. If there is a specific race related issue that pits Black against Christianity that is Scripturally based, would love to hear it.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 30th, 2005, 6:25 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
We don't have a "Malcolm X Day" do we?
the reason we have a mlk day is because the white folks want you to be more like him. mlk was preaching if you get slapped turn the other cheek. they don't want you te be like malcom x or the panthers, because malcom was preachin pick up a gun and the panthers actually did it. if you ask me we should have a day in august to celebrate black august but them white folks don't want that.
We have a whole MONTH for Black History Month, what do you mean "white folks don't want that"? You know in America that is the only race-related month they even have?

Even a frickin corporation McDonalds is talking about 'celebrating black history 365" and you are saying that they don't celebrate a "black" day because "white folks don't want that"?????????

Do you even live in America?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 30th, 2005, 6:28 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
everyone knows that the holy spirit isn't physical. it has to fill you, so how do you know that the holy spirit didn't fill muhammed (peace be unto him).

i am neither a muslim or a christian but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.

so what makes you think that both of these books, which are thousands of years old haven't been altered in some way. they both have the same people in them but they use different names and the stories are even told different.
That is what atheists have been saying, but the scrolls that they were translating from matched up with teh Dead Sea Scrolls that they found which have been untouched since about 300 AD (not sure on exact date)and so that means that the Bible is the most carefully preserved book in the world. If you look at the consistancy between the scrolls since right before they discovered the Dead Sea scrolls and after, you can see accuracy