Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.

Postby MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 11:49 am

Roy_2k5 wrote:Jesus was hebrew? Are you sure? He seems like an Assyriac to me. He even spoke Aramaic. But that the vernacular in that region so we wouldn't really know. I'm guessing that's probably why the Jewish people couldn't believe that Jesus was a Messiah since they are mainly Hebrew while Jesus was Assyrian.


Yes, he had a beard. Maybe even short hair since he does lament long hair. The Europeans kept their hair long before the Great Wars, so it does make sense for Jesus to be protrayed with long hair.


This is a common misconception, the entire area of Palestina/Israel during this time spoke mainly Greek, neither Hebrew nor Aramaic (it was the common toungue, just like English is today)

ALL Hebrews used to speak Aramaic, just like Mexicans speak spanish instead of Aztec languages, it was like that, but by Jesus's time they were speaking Greek and only the elders remembered Aramaic.

That is why at teh Pentecost when teh people who received the Holy Spirit began to speak in old languages, the elders were amazed that they spoke Aramaic when that ws by then a dying tongue.

As for the long hair,, Jesus was NOT European, what are you talkinga bout? And the long hair thing is basically BS, during this time, long hair was a public declaration of homosexuality (and not just stereotypping, it was literally putting up a sign that said that, because in that hot region, it would be the only motivation for it because it was so uncmfortable to have)

It even says in parts of the New Testament that men shoud not have long hair, meaning they should not be gay (and it is a choice).

Want to know why Jesus is portayed with long hair nowadays? I was in an Art History course and learned all this. Jesus at first was not portrayed at all, as following the Middle Eastern/Israeli tradition because that would be and still is blashpemy, but then later some Greeks portayed him as Apollo, with short hair. By teh Renaissance, artistic license allowed in Europe almost anything, so then this one Italian artist (forgot his name), portayed himself and said it was a picutre of Jessus (he was an evil egomaniac haha) so that way he could get people to revere him. Later, Leornardo the Vinci did the same thing, which is why in the Last Supper and such,that is a picture of himself, and I learned this from a neutral art history course, which is why "Jesus" looks like a European long haired guy.

And plus, I still consider it against the Ten Commandments (graven images) to make images of God.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby Roy_2k5 » December 5th, 2005, 3:17 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
Roy_2k5 wrote:[b][...]

This is a common misconception, the entire area of Palestina/Israel during this time spoke mainly Greek, neither Hebrew nor Aramaic (it was the common toungue, just like English is today)
You are talking about Jewish community that left Israel/Palestine and migrated to Anatolia. In other words, much present day Turkey was populated by Greek speakers. The language, Jesus spoke at that time along with the majority was Aramaic.

URL: http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/aramaic_language.html

[QUOTE\ALL Hebrews used to speak Aramaic, just like Mexicans speak spanish instead of Aztec languages, it was like that, but by Jesus's time they were speaking Greek and only the elders remembered Aramaic.[/QUOTE]

Addressed above.

That is why at teh Pentecost when teh people who received the Holy Spirit began to speak in old languages, the elders were amazed that they spoke Aramaic when that ws by then a dying tongue.


Are you sure?

As for the long hair,, Jesus was NOT European, what are you talkinga bout? And the long hair thing is basically BS, during this time, long hair was a public declaration of homosexuality (and not just stereotypping, it was literally putting up a sign that said that, because in that hot region, it would be the only motivation for it because it was so uncmfortable to have)

It even says in parts of the New Testament that men shoud not have long hair, meaning they should not be gay (and it is a choice).

Want to know why Jesus is portayed with long hair nowadays? I was in an Art History course and learned all this. Jesus at first was not portrayed at all, as following the Middle Eastern/Israeli tradition because that would be and still is blashpemy, but then later some Greeks portayed him as Apollo, with short hair. By teh Renaissance, artistic license allowed in Europe almost anything, so then this one Italian artist (forgot his name), portayed himself and said it was a picutre of Jessus (he was an evil egomaniac haha) so that way he could get people to revere him. Later, Leornardo the Vinci did the same thing, which is why in the Last Supper and such,that is a picture of himself, and I learned this from a neutral art history course, which is why "Jesus" looks like a European long haired guy.
Woah...I ain't opposing what you're stating. I am not suggesting that Jesus is Europe either, but rather Middle Eastern. However, the appearance of the Assyrian, Omai, etc could look rather "European". Lets use the old definition of white, which just means Nordic. The aqualine features the Europeans have are even found in all over India or the Ainu people in Japan! It doesn't make one 'white' or 'European'.

And plus, I still consider it against the Ten Commandments (graven images) to make images of God.
I can't deny you there.
Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 36
Joined: September 2nd, 2005, 6:38 pm

Postby MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 3:30 pm

^^^^^^^^
I seriously doubt that Jesus would look so European (even though we don't know for sure today) because he when his family fled to Egypt to escape Herod, there was no reported incident of them being recognized in Egypt, which is generally darker than Eastern Europeans (I actually know these two Egyptian twins, Ameer and Amgad)

If he looked "white" then they might notice something was up and the Roman government might check out what they were doing there, just like if a white man walked through Jordan Down... LOL

About the Pentecost and Aramaic thing, yes I'm sure, that is why they were so amazed, it was part of the aparent "miracle" that they spoke Aramaic which was from the "old days"

And about the Greek thing, I'm sure because the New Testament was written in Greek, and I don't even know about the Jews you were talking about that moved, I will have to check out that link.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby MiChuhSuh » December 5th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Roy_2k5 wrote:The aqualine features the Europeans have are even found in all over India or the Ainu people in Japan! It doesn't make one 'white' or 'European'.


The Ainu really are interesting, if you start an ethnicity thread about it in teh Race/Ethnicity seciton, that would be interesting.
MiChuhSuh
 

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby black » December 6th, 2005, 1:19 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:i am neither a muslim or a christian


If you're anti-Muslim why do u type "peace be upon him" ensuing Jesus or Muhammad? Peace be upon him infers the death of a person. Jesus did perish but he resurrected and death no longer has dominion over him(Romans 6:9). Now Muhammad on the other hand is dead and will not partake in the resurrection, his fate is GEHENNA!!


dude i never said i was anti muslim...
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby black » December 6th, 2005, 1:31 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:but you are still missing my point how can both the qu'ran and the bible both have the same biblical figures but yet the stories are told different?


You're right, I am missing your point here. What IS you point?

One is telling the truth and one is lying, isn't that common sense?


^^^LOL!!! It don't get no better than that. That's about as frank as 1 can be. And 2 illuminate End Violence NOW, the [b]BIBLE[/u] is the truth and the [B]DESECRATED KORAN[/U] is the lie. They need 2 ablate that "Holy" word off the Quaran because there is not 1 Holy attribute about it!!!!!!!!!!!


stop dildo hoppin...
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby black » December 6th, 2005, 2:09 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:but you are still missing my point how can both the qu'ran and the bible both have the same biblical figures but yet the stories are told different?


You're right, I am missing your point here. What IS you point?

One is telling the truth and one is lying, isn't that common sense?


how do you know which one is lyin?

here you have the dead sea scrolls were written at the same time jesus(peace be unto him) walked but yet they make know reference to him or his followers. in fact the essenes the people who wrote the dead sea scrolls teachings are different from the teachings of jesus(peace be unto him) and they also believed that 2 prophets were coming, not 1 but 2.

this is missing information from the bible of today but yet its found in the qur'an.

plus why is it that the jews, the muslims, and the christians have the same laws from the old testament but yet the christians are the only ones who says that we don't have to live by them because jesus came and we have the new testament. that doesn't make any sense to me.
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby TarHeelRED » December 6th, 2005, 2:54 am

johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.


Dude, do u now have a recollection of what u typed? U said u are neither muslim or Christian. So that signifies that u espouse neither 1 and oppose BOTH. U can't be luke warm dog. U ever heard of this euphemism, If u don't stand 4 something; you'll fall 4 anything!? The Bible classifies u as a heathen, an infidel, a nonbeliever, a son of the devil....... need I say more?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I wil spue thee out of my mouth.
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby TarHeelRED » December 6th, 2005, 3:01 am

johnnyblac wrote:
[size=large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it.
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby black » December 6th, 2005, 4:15 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.


Dude, do u now have a recollection of what u typed? U said u are neither muslim or Christian. So that signifies that u espouse neither 1 and oppose BOTH. .


lol dude you is trippin.. just because i said i wasn't a muslim or christian doesn't make me an anti-muslim or anti-christian.
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby black » December 6th, 2005, 4:35 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
johnnyblac wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:

[size=x-large]i am neither a muslim or a christian[/size] but i believe that the qur'an and the bible both have some alterations to it. for example i can tell the same story to 10 different people and by the end of the week a hundred people would have heard the story told a different way.


U can't be luke warm dog. U ever heard of this euphemism, If u don't stand 4 something; you'll fall 4 anything!? The Bible classifies u as a heathen, an infidel, a nonbeliever, a son of the devil....... need I say more?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I wil spue thee out of my mouth.


lol sinners are in the same boat as infidels and heathens.

sinning during the week then going to church on sunday doesn't make you any holier than infidels, and heathens. so you the one thats luke warm.

but don't worry bout it i'll save you a spot next to me in hell since yo sinning ass will be there to.
black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Postby MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 5:58 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very mature post, I'm sure you'll convince a lot of people to see it your way :roll: :roll: :roll:
MiChuhSuh
 

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Postby MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 5:59 pm

^^^^^^By the way, I was talking about this part here:

johnnyblac wrote:but don't worry bout it i'll save you a spot next to me in hell since yo sinning ass will be there to.
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby TarHeelRED » December 7th, 2005, 12:34 am

heathen-an unconverted member or person that flouts(disregards) the God of the BIBLE
infidel-1 who is not a Christian or opposes Christianity 2: an unbeliever esp. with respect 2 a particular religion


Yes, I do partake in sin, but there is no condemantion 4 me; Romans 8:1-2.

U will NOT behold me in hell. U have an opportunity 2 be freed from the fetters of hell also. Read my post in the Jehovah's Witnesses subject.
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Postby Sentenza » December 7th, 2005, 4:46 am

Instead of discussing what an infidel,heathen or sinner is you could think about how you as christians or christianity could improve the situation of mankind.
I think this is not accomplished by putting all kinds of people into boxes and condeming 3/4 of mankind.
It is accomplished by reaching hands, by forgiving, understanding, educating yourself and by stopping spreading this narrow-minded "you will all go to hell" attitude that has messed this world up since day one.
And, to answer the original question, yes, it makes sense to be black and christian, if it makes you a better person and gives you peace.
Do not forget that not only christians enslaved africans, but muslims did also big time. For example the Island of Sansibar on the East Coast of Tanzania has its name from the Arabic word "sanc" (black slave) and "bar" (island).
Which means island of the black slaves obviously.
We should stop this trench-fighting and start to accept and tolerate each others beliefs.
If you think you have found the truth... Great, but why force it upon others. Many people in history thought that they knew the truth and they were wrong. In fact there was never a living person who found out about the truth, cause only god knows....
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6384
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby Sentenza » December 7th, 2005, 7:13 am

And in addition i dont think that god gives a damn if you smoke a joint, drink a beer or steal candy. Those passages of the Bible sound like man made BS to me.
Starting wars, killing innocent, raping etc. are indeed serious crimes, but take a look at the world. There are lots of people who claim to be christian who do/did that.
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6384
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby TarHeelRED » January 29th, 2006, 11:05 pm

Sentenza wrote:And in addition i dont think that god gives a damn if you smoke a joint, drink a beer or steal candy. Those passages of the Bible sound like man made BS to me.Starting wars, killing innocent, raping etc. are indeed serious crimes, but take a look at the world. There are lots of people who claim to be christian who do/did that.

Bless him Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:4:Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Postby streetsIswatchin » February 18th, 2006, 12:44 pm

refering to the title:
"does it make any sense for blacks to be christians"

i dont have the answer to this, because it can be said that christianity was used to colonize and inslave many blacks as well as other peoples.
The same question can be said about the Islamic religion, they also enslaved many blacks...maybe even more then white christians.
streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 704
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Postby MiChuhSuh » February 18th, 2006, 3:05 pm

^ And Islam was the first to be used enslave blacks

If this was about 600 years back, the I wonder what relgion the NOI and Farrakham and them would have been for/against? So different....
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby TarHeelRED » February 19th, 2006, 1:05 am

Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Postby streetsIswatchin » February 19th, 2006, 9:51 am

haha....pork is the bomb !
But as for farrakhan....he cant acknowledge this, that arabs held black slaves because then everything he stands for will come crashing down.
Im mexican and im catholic (dont practice it much though)so i'm confused by this question too....christianity was also used to subdue and control the native peoples of the americas. Maybe i shouldnt be catholic?
But then again just because a religion is used in a wrong way doesnt make the religion itself wrong. Blacks and mexicans are are different continents so we werent there when Jesus was there so we had to have his preachings past along to us....just like all people who werent there alive during those times. they got it past along too.
Is it just me or does the whole islamic religion just seem wrong the way its carried around the world? every islamic country is backwards as hell and they become violent over the stupidest thing like those cartoons recently in the news. I'm pretty sure that islam is not the true religion that god is akind to.
streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 704
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 1:57 am
Location: compton

Postby MiChuhSuh » February 19th, 2006, 4:15 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!

Even thought Jesus said that food can no longer be claean/unclean, I still recommend cutting back on pork, maybe even cutting it off altogether, purely for health though.
The diet they had was pretty healthy, fish and stuff

lol but where do you live? Let's barbeque some lazy weekend haha
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby MiChuhSuh » February 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:haha....pork is the bomb !
But as for farrakhan....he cant acknowledge this, that arabs held black slaves because then everything he stands for will come crashing down.
Im mexican and im catholic (dont practice it much though)so i'm confused by this question too....christianity was also used to subdue and control the native peoples of the americas. Maybe i shouldnt be catholic?
But then again just because a religion is used in a wrong way doesnt make the religion itself wrong. Blacks and mexicans are are different continents so we werent there when Jesus was there so we had to have his preachings past along to us....just like all people who werent there alive during those times. they got it past along too.
Is it just me or does the whole islamic religion just seem wrong the way its carried around the world? every islamic country is backwards as hell and they become violent over the stupidest thing like those cartoons recently in the news. I'm pretty sure that islam is not the true religion that god is akind to.


Even if you aren't practicing your religion much, it's easy to see the truth is in you :wink:
MiChuhSuh
 

Postby perongregory » February 19th, 2006, 11:53 pm

fuck dirty as porky pig trash. i never eat that shit. Farrakhan did admit the Arabs sold and bought black slaves. It was at a meeting with black christians who brought it up. I think his son, in his ignorance, got offended but Farakahn told him to chill, that what the black christians were saying was true. And Christianity is not a white religion, many of its current forms are, but you still have denominations like the coptic church from Ethiopia... one of the oldest christian religions on the planet
perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 5146
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby TarHeelRED » February 22nd, 2006, 12:57 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:Good point. They might be converts to Christianity and instead of the white man being the devil it would be the Arabians. They still wouldn't eat pork though. LOL LOL. They don't know what they're missing especially in some grilled barbecued pork ribs....Scrumptious!!

Even thought Jesus said that food can no longer be claean/unclean, I still recommend cutting back on pork, maybe even cutting it off altogether, purely for health though.
The diet they had was pretty healthy, fish and stuff

lol but where do you live? Let's barbeque some lazy weekend haha

You're correct EVN. Romans 14:14 says, I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, TO HIM it is unclean. Some more great references are in Mark 7:14-23, Roman 14:20, Acts 10:15, and 1 of my favorite 1's is 1 Timothy 4:4!!
I'm going 2 have 2 pass on your invitation, EVN. I abide in Virginia. LOL. It would be vain 2 travel all the way 2 L.A.(I reckon that's where u reside) 4 a mere barbecue. I don't have any frequent flyer miles. I tell u what though, partition X, and see if he will be my substitute. LOL!! Send me a plate though.
User avatar
TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 861
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Postby Quickdraw » March 4th, 2006, 1:34 pm

So any of yall can honestly say all Africans were systematically forced into Islam? Africa is a big ass continent, you just dont come through and do that. Yall doubt the strength of black people jsut like the whites have programmed you to do. The difference between Arab slavery is that it didnt include the entire black race into slavery, everybody had slaves no shit, you dont think any Africans imposed anything on their conquered foes? We had empires too and in those times certain things were common place. Unless the Arabs controlled every single African then theres no way they could impose it on all of us because we had always had our own self governed empires. Did you think everybody in West Africa lived like savages like white people told you? Mansa Musa went to Mecca, the Meccans didnt come to Mali. Black Muslims pretty much ran West Africa not Arab Muslims, theyw ere there for trading ventures into North Africa. Ive already given examples of West Africans converting on their own and Kings converting on their own I have nothing more to say cuz if you dont get it now you never will. But the difference between American slavery is that we were captured and taken to a foreign land to live under the sole control of whites. The entire black race in America lived under slavery, the entire black race back on the motherland did not live under slavery. Thats how we were systematically converted in America because we didnt have the independence or choices of the West Africans we descended from to accept or fight Islam. Of course white people will say that all blacks were converted to Islam, they will say anything bad about Islam so ignore their blanket BS statements because those are the same people who will tell you there were no Kingdoms in Africa.
Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 178
Joined: September 20th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Location: Chi-town Bred

Postby Quickdraw » March 4th, 2006, 1:39 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:haha....pork is the bomb !
But as for farrakhan....he cant acknowledge this, that arabs held black slaves because then everything he stands for will come crashing down.
Im mexican and im catholic (dont practice it much though)so i'm confused by this question too....christianity was also used to subdue and control the native peoples of the americas. Maybe i shouldnt be catholic?
But then again just because a religion is used in a wrong way doesnt make the religion itself wrong. Blacks and mexicans are are different continents so we werent there when Jesus was there so we had to have his preachings past along to us....just like all people who werent there alive during those times. they got it past along too.
Is it just me or does the whole islamic religion just seem wrong the way its carried around the world? every islamic country is backwards as hell and they become violent over the stupidest thing like those cartoons recently in the news. I'm pretty sure that islam is not the true religion that god is akind to.


They're not the ones molesting your cousin though. So dont throw that judgement around just because Islam isnt on that "son of god" shit. How exactly do Catholics carry themselves? They call priest "father" which is straight blasphemy, treat the Pope like God on Earth which is double blasphemy, then also worship idols which is the lowest you can go.
Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 178
Joined: September 20th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Location: Chi-town Bred

Postby SWblocks-Veteran » March 4th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Quickdraw wrote:So any of yall can honestly say all Africans were systematically forced into Islam? Africa is a big ass continent, you just dont come through and do that. Yall doubt the strength of black people jsut like the whites have programmed you to do. The difference between Arab slavery is that it didnt include the entire black race into slavery, everybody had slaves no shit, you dont think any Africans imposed anything on their conquered foes? We had empires too and in those times certain things were common place. Unless the Arabs controlled every single African then theres no way they could impose it on all of us because we had always had our own self governed empires. Did you think everybody in West Africa lived like savages like white people told you? Mansa Musa went to Mecca, the Meccans didnt come to Mali. Black Muslims pretty much ran West Africa not Arab Muslims, theyw ere there for trading ventures into North Africa. Ive already given examples of West Africans converting on their own and Kings converting on their own I have nothing more to say because if you dont get it now you never will. But the difference between American slavery is that we were captured and taken to a foreign land to live under the sole control of whites. The entire black race in America lived under slavery, the entire black race back on the motherland did not live under slavery. Thats how we were systematically converted in America because we didnt have the independence or choices of the West Africans we descended from to accept or fight Islam. Of course white people will say that all blacks were converted to Islam, they will say anything bad about Islam so ignore their blanket BS statements because those are the same people who will tell you there were no Kingdoms in Africa.


They were forced into Islam. The thing is that the Islam slaved trade was much slower and less violent than the Atlantic slave trade. Most of the slaves who came to the Middle East were women, actually it was 3 women for every man, they were mostly used for labor around the house and for concubines. The difference between the Atlantic slave trade and the Islamic slave was the treatment of the slaves once they converted. Once a Muslim slave was converted they were considered part of the group and they were free to run errands for their slavemaster. This system was not run the same way that the Christian slave trade was, the Christian slave trade was violent, degrading and backed by vilence and humiliation. Even when Slaves converted to Christianity they were still heathens to Whites, they were souless and the bible lessons preached that blacks were inferior ans should be under the white man. Islam didnt do this, once they converted to Islam they were on the same level religously although they werent on an economic and social level. I learned that from a University class which showed the numbers documented from the Atlantic and Muslim slave trades.....u must remember when the Muslim slave trade started(before the Atlantic) it was common to have slaves all over the region. U must also know that the Muslim slave trade went on for almost 500-800 years before the Atlantic slave trade BUT still the Atlantic slave trade was responsible for MANY more slaves going into bondage. The Muslim slave trade was a slow paced long term thing that usually took place after Muslims conquered small cities in Eastern and Norther Africa.
User avatar
SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 497
Joined: March 24th, 2005, 1:26 am
Location: Southside Houston, Tx
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Postby 'X' » March 4th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Just curious-

For those speaking on Islam, I would like to know whom or where did you get your "understanding" or "interpretation" of Islam from? And I've ask this before, but according to what you know, What is Islam? What is a Muslim?
User avatar
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: May 31st, 2004, 10:36 am
Country: Hong Kong, China
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Postby Oaktown_G » March 7th, 2006, 12:07 am

It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.
Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 747
Joined: November 17th, 2005, 2:23 pm
Location: M-town from tha Bay area

Postby SWblocks-Veteran » March 7th, 2006, 3:53 am

Oaktown_G wrote:It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.


Christians do that too
User avatar
SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 497
Joined: March 24th, 2005, 1:26 am
Location: Southside Houston, Tx
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Postby 'X' » March 7th, 2006, 9:31 am

Oaktown_G wrote:It really doesnt make sense to be apart of the islam stuff when god said do not worship any false idles.



:?
User avatar
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: May 31st, 2004, 10:36 am
Country: Hong Kong, China
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

PreviousNext

Return to Religious Thought



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest