Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Right?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Ri

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 22nd, 2004, 6:37 pm

ViolentJoe wrote:LOL Yo im just pissed about all this crap and American haven to hold up to this all mighty god like status the world and America has set it up to be! Half the time though im not seriouse lol so dont take EVERYTHING i say as the real deal. Its just how im feeln about it. Know what i mean?
Well how about speaking from the heart for once, with some real thought about what you post, so that it don't come out as neanderthal man.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 23rd, 2004, 5:13 am

Ok hows this... I wouldnt work in Iraq for any ammount of money regaurdless of my situation here in the states. Why? Because

1. Your chances of die'ing just went through the roof if you go there to work.

2. You wont be among familey or friends.

3. The place is in a war torn state so things arnt exactly peachy but then again when the hell has it ever been there? So why go NOW ?

4. You would have to learn Arabic and who the hell wants to do that?

5. Im sure the house's there and everything that comes inbetween isnt anywhere near as acceptable a liveing space compared to here in the states.

6. Money is just not worth giveing up so much and putting yourself at such high risks unless im maken like 10 grand a day and id honestly work for 1 pay check and then id be out. But again thats pretty unrealistic.

Sure your gonna get paid alot more then you would here and I do mean ALOT more but depending on what your willing to sacrifice for the green to some people there are more important things in life then makeing money..

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 23rd, 2004, 8:17 am

ViolentJoe wrote:How come Americans over sea's dont just walk around with AK's as well? Hell I know for damn sure if i was working in Iraq id shoot the first rag head that looked at me cross eyed and ask quastions later! How do these guys get grabed? I mean come on? Who the f-ck works there without any gun? PEOPLE IN AMERICA WORK AND WEAR GUNS!
That's a good question V. Joe. All of them should be strapped to the tilt. No westerner should voluntarily go with any kidnapper. Some of these guys are abducting people so they can sell them to Zarqawi or whatever his name is. They might as well go kickin and screaming and blasting in all directions, because the kidnappers are going to behead them anyway.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 23rd, 2004, 3:52 pm

For real I mean what the hell goes through these guys minds when a group of angry muslims grabs you? Do you REALLY think your gonna live? Why dont I see these guys tryn to fight back, hey at least they would be shot or stabed instead of have'n their heads cut off slowly and dishonorably!

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 21st, 2005, 2:41 pm

It appears that major kidnapping and beheading's are slowing down. Maybe things will calm down after the election. Could be phat jobs in 2005? Would you go after all that had happened?
Last edited by Common Sense on January 21st, 2005, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 21st, 2005, 3:55 pm

Got offered a position over in Iraq to work in the oilfield. If i was single ya i would probally go and take the chance. I am married now though with two beautifull little girls and want to be as safe as i can so i can be there for them as they grow up.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 21st, 2005, 6:52 pm

SmileyLoc the reason they dont give workers over there guns is the same exact thing you said "i'd shoot any raghead that looked at me funny" LOL. Funny but the truth is a gun in a untrained hand in a intense situation is not a good thing.

I find your caveman style extremely funny smileyLoc but then agian take what you say as just venting spur of the moment comment and not truly how you feel once you think. Still funny. =)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 15th, 2014, 2:42 pm

How many civilian Americans have no died been killed or murdered in Afganistan now? too many.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 27th, 2014, 12:39 am

No.

I would however work in Israel, IDF

PhatBoi
If in the United States: Nevada
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Re: Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Right?

Unread post by PhatBoi » January 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Never, I don't believe in supporting external imperialism when I'm fighting internal imperialism. Will never support the US oppressing others as it does its own.

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: NorCal

Unread post by DiegoDog » January 30th, 2016, 7:50 am

PhatBoi wrote:Never, I don't believe in supporting external imperialism when I'm fighting internal imperialism. Will never support the US oppressing others as it does its own.
What...do you even know the definition of imperialism?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 16th, 2016, 2:04 pm

I would never work in any location where the threat of violence is severe, kidnapping, torture, beheading, etc.

But these acts don't happen that often though.