Israel’s “sadistic torture”

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Israel’s “sadistic torture”

Unread post by frozen fire » June 5th, 2007, 8:47 am

In Israel, there is "no effective barrier – not legal and certainly not ethical – that stands in the way of using torture..."

By Karima Saifullah

In Israel, there is "no effective barrier – not legal and certainly not ethical – that stands in the way of using torture,” concluded a recent report by the Public Committee Against Torture in Israel (PCATI).

The report slammed the Israeli High Court’s approval of the use of tough tactics to interrogate Palestinians classified as “ticking bombs”, saying that the ruling was interpreted by Israel’s internal intelligence service, the Shin Bet, as a green light to torture almost every Palestinian detainee. Moreover, PCATI said that prison wardens, policemen and even doctors took part in torturing Palestinian detainees, as well as lawyers, military judges and senior officials in the Justice Ministry.

In the report, titled “A Time Bomb”, PCATI detailed accounts of nine Palestinian detainees who have been subjected to physical, sexual and psychological abuse at the hands of their Israeli interrogators over the past year. “The testimonies of the nine Palestinian victims exemplify the extent to which the torture mechanism is rooted in the treatment of Palestinian detainees, and the exceedingly bureaucratic way in which torture is carried out, in an organized, almost blasé manner,” it said.

In one case, Bahjat Yamen, a resident of Qalqiliya, said: "I simply felt terrified, and I had excruciating pains in my back and I felt that my back was about to really break, and I yelled and cried and begged, but the torture did not stop. When the interrogation was over, at approximately 4 in the morning, they took me down to the cell. And all the time there were noises in the cell – knocking at the door… and I would even hear my own screams during the interrogation, which they had apparently taped".

Another detainee, Amin Ahmad Jamil Shqirat, from a-Sawahra a-Sharqiyyeh, near Bethlehem, said: "The interrogators sat me on a chair, with the chair's back to the right of me. One interrogator sat facing me, and another behind me, and they forced me to wrap my legs around the legs of the chair. One of them stepped on my feet and pushed me back at a certain angle, which caused me a lot of pain around my stomach and abdominal muscles. When I tried to straighten myself, the one behind me would pull me back, until my strength was exhausted and I lay back on the floor behind me, because I could no longer restrain myself due to the cramps in my abdominal muscles,

"That's not all. When I started leaning my head back, one of the interrogators hit me in the stomach and in the abdominal muscles, and held my legs and shook them, which caused tears in my stomach,

“I insisted I was innocent, and they changed their style. They brought long metal handcuffs and bound my hands behind me with the cuffs on my arms. They would close the cuffs and press on them until the metal dug into the flesh and you felt your arm has been amputated. When I cried out in pain, they laughed and jeered".

Luwaii Ashqar from Saida near Tulkarem also said: "The interrogators would force me to stand on my tip-toes for an hour to an hour and a half, while my hands were shackled and stretched. My hands, when they were shackled, were swollen and blue…

"From 22 April until 26 April, they gave me water only, and no food, and they would not allow me to sleep. The interrogators rotated every four hours."

According to PCATI’s report, the term “ticking bomb” was first coined as literary concept by a French author in relation to the French occupation of Algeria "which was no less brutal than the Israeli occupation of Palestinian Territories."

"A state that views itself as a democracy committed to the protection of human rights cannot allow torture that is derived from the darkness of the Middle Ages,” PCATI director Hannah Friedman warned.

Commenting on the horrific stories of the nine Palestinians interviewed for the report, PCATI said: “We have no way of knowing what information was in the possession of the Israeli security apparatuses that led to the use of such sadistic torture, but it is doubtful that any of the victims fits the very terrible scenario of a ‘ticking bomb’.”

Moreover, the report argues that it is no longer possible to limit the practice of torture to exceptional cases. “A secret service organization such as the GSS (Shin Bet) decides independently to use torture and, afterwards, investigates itself as to whether the use of interrogation was justified...The Justice Ministry – from the Attorney General through the State Attorney's Office and the nameless GSS Ombudsman of Interogees' Complaints – gives systematic and blind backing to the interrogation methods of the GSS. The legal system tends to avoid torture victims' complaints.”

In an attempt to defend abusive techniques, the Shin Bet claimed that its interrogations are “conducted according to the law...It must be stressed that the information derived from these interrogations helped prevent and thwart acts of terror against Israeli citizens."

But PCATI’s report stressed that “Torture does not prevent terror. Torture compromises the morality of the torturer, and the body and soul of the tortured. Torture reflects and at the same time perpetuates a view of the other as one undeserving of humane treatment, and as such, also reduces the chances of escaping the cycle of fear, hatred, mutual killing and ethical deterioration."

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 5th, 2007, 8:50 am

Those that are cold hearted and agree with the torture of prisoners, would not think like that if they were tortured mentally, physically and sexually........Noone would agree to torture, but some people just dont care becuase it doesn't happen to them.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 6th, 2007, 6:35 pm

Theres an ongoing war going on in Israel. It has been for 60 years. If the Palestinians stop this war then they can really put the spotlight on Israeli crimes. But the Palestinians need to stop with this War against Israel. Israel will never be wiped out like the rest of the middle east wants. The Arabs took their shots in the Arab-Israeli wars and each time they lost land instead of destroying Israel. And they insist on continuing conflict that wins them nothing. I dont get it.. .

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 7th, 2007, 4:21 am

When you say war, that means there are two fighting sides, and when you look at palestine you will see an occupying force! which of the two sides needs to stop, both of them! but its funny how you play the *you go first* move, why should the palestinians who are being occupyed and are fighting to defend themselves from being extinct, be told to lay down their weapons (which are small and nothing compared to israel). I say tell the occupying nation to stop stealing lands and leave, because this war is all about the land!

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 7th, 2007, 3:13 pm

You want Jews to leave Israel?? Thats not gonna happen. Jews kicked the British out and established a state. Palestinians should have negotiated with Israel right from the get go instead of letting other Arab countries step in and make it worse. The rest of the Arab world doesnt care about Palestinians. They want them to stay in those refugee camps and keep dying so that they can have a cause to draw attention to instead of their own messed up countries.

Every time Israel grabs more land they say its to prevent terrorism. They use that as an excuse everytime. Why dont Palestinians eliminate that excuse from them so they have legitimacy, and can go to the U.N. to get that land back???????????????????????????????

i think that would be a better strategy then throwing rocks and bottles....sending a couple of suicide bombers and then losing more land because of it....AGAIN

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 9th, 2007, 1:42 pm

You want Jews to leave Israel?? Thats not gonna happen.
i Agree
Jews kicked the British out and established a state. Palestinians should have negotiated with Israel right from the get go instead of letting other Arab countries step in and make it worse.
Negotiate on what,... how much land isreal can steal??

Every time Israel grabs more land they say its to prevent terrorism. They use that as an excuse everytime. Why dont Palestinians eliminate that excuse from them so they have legitimacy, and can go to the U.N. to get that land back???????????????????????????????
This is whats so intresting! You see, we all agree and understand that israel will not leave palestine! AND that

there is no Zionism,colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands.
And you expect the palestinians to not resist??
Even if the palestinians stoped fighting, they will still be forced to leave their lands because the goal of israel is to drive the palestinians out!!!! Can you Not Understand that??

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 10th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Yes i do understand....BUT Can YOU understand what I"M saying???
You keep saying that they must resist and fight this stealing of their land. RIGHT??? Okay then what has this "resisting" done so far, in the past 20 years?. Every act of ressistance is used by Israel to grab more land to use as a "buffer" for the next act of 'resistance'. Now there building a wall that takes up even more land from palestinians under the cover of protection against this resistance. And you still cheer the palestinians on for more acts of resistance.

Frozen, why dont u just come out and confess that your a Zionist Israeli agent pretending to be pro-palestinian??

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 10th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Theres no way Israel could build a wall that will choke the Palestinian economy if there was no 'resistance'. Acts of terror leave no choice to Europe, the US and Russia but to let Israel do what it wants. Israel couldnt grab land this way either because if they did Palestinians could rightfully accuse Israel of stealing land. If the Palestinians practiced peaceful resistance they'd get more....they should looking to Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr for blueprints on how to bring about change.
You know who they look to for inspiration?? they look at Algeria and copy their tactics. Algeria was controled from the outside by the French thats why they were successful in their terror campaign. The Jews were successful in their terror campaign also because they fought British rule because Britain was an outside power too. You cant win a Terror campaign when your enemy lives where you live.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » October 28th, 2007, 8:53 pm

my bad, FUQQ ISRAEL i seen the light. Im pro palestinian. Israel is evil

AbzaMane

Unread post by AbzaMane » November 22nd, 2007, 10:09 am

I appreciate what both the homies are bringing to the table

First of all, the Palestinians must realize several things. As bad as they have been treated, as much of an injustice as they have gone through, violence will NEVER achieve their aims

Palestinians need to renounce violence, its hard to I know. Its hard because vengeance is a natural human emotion, but its counter productive and self destructive. It just delegitimizes their cause, takes away sympathy and gives the Israelis an excuse to do whatever they want

Having said that, the onus should be on Israel. Theyre the Nuclear power with a top 3 army. Theyre the ones that are currently occupying. It kills me when zionist media and commentators want the palestinians to take initiative.

No justice no peace

you have to have justice before you have peace. justice means an end to the occupation. what kind of backwards stuff is it when you want the occupied people to shut their mouths before you give em what they want

but the fact is Israel doesnt want peace. If it wanted it, it couldve had it years ago. Israel has the chips on its side of the table. They do whatever they want. Theres no pressure to make peace, not domestically, certainly not from America. Thats why theyve been contuining to expand their settlements, almost 15 yrs after OSLO.

Also, notice that in the last 10 years the Palestinian position has constantly softened while the Israelis hardened. Palestinians used to demand 100% of West Bank and Gaza, now theyre willing to negotiate certain parts. Meanwhile, once upon a time east Jerusalem was negotiable as a future Palestinian capital, now its not (certainly not in its entirety)

And again we have a Zionist US Presidency ignoring the problem publicly (while privately giving the Israelis a green light) but as soon as theres a year left in the presidency, some bullsh!t half assed peace initiative is being launched. And when it fails, the Palestinians will be blamed

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » November 22nd, 2007, 10:33 am

AbzaMane wrote: but the fact is Israel doesnt want peace.
That is true. They know that in a few decades the Palestinian population within Israel will outnumber the Israeli population.
The hardcore Zionists know that the only solution to that is either ethnic cleanisng or forced eviction of the palestinians.
They even admitted it:
Ze'evi advocated that Israel return to its 1948 policy of ethnic cleansing of the native population by not only expelling Palestinians in the Occupied Territories of the West Bank but also depriving Israeli Arabs of their Israeli citizenship. His plan was meant to grapple with the demographic problem of the rampant Gentile birth-rates which will eventually see an Arab majority inside Israel itself. Ze'evi recalled a similar program pursued by Israel's leftist Haganah militias at the time of Israel's foundation. The Haganah was the armed wing of the Labor Party. Despite the fact that Ze'evi would be arrested in Europe if he had been White and advocated an identical plan for Europe's teeming non-White immigrant population, he was accepted as a perfectly rational leader by the United States.
http://solargeneral.com/library/user/Si ... ml?id=8096

AbzaMane

Unread post by AbzaMane » November 22nd, 2007, 11:05 am

Zeevi is the cockroach who got assassinated correct?

Israels designs and plans for the region are no secret to those who will research

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 22nd, 2007, 11:59 am

Yes, i wonder who killed him though. I have to add though that he had pretty extremist views, which do not reflect the opinion of all Israelis. But he was high ranked in Sharons goverment.

AbzaMane

Unread post by AbzaMane » November 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

sentenza you post on sohh.com?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 23rd, 2007, 9:52 am

AbzaMane wrote:sentenza you post on sohh.com?
No, whats that? Sounds good.

AbzaMane

Unread post by AbzaMane » November 23rd, 2007, 1:11 pm

its a hip hop forum, theres a Head there with your same name, I figure it was you

the site is cool for news but the forums full of backpackers and little stans

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 23rd, 2007, 3:50 pm

AbzaMane wrote:its a hip hop forum, theres a Head there with your same name, I figure it was you

the site is cool for news but the forums full of backpackers and little stans
No thats not me, he stole my name. :wink:

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » March 8th, 2008, 4:17 am

It's not only Israel, it's America too.

Israel's blockade, for example, leaves people without food or water. As for America, well American soldiers aren't all as glorious as they show them on the military channel, that's actually the smallest fraction. Most of them are the junk of America, from ghettos to trailer parks, from criminals to sadistic killers of the innocent.

Look at it this way, if there was an occupation force in America, they had guns, and a tank, and you stole some wood cause you don't have any money, so they shot at your car and ran over it, and it was the only way for you to live and make money being a taxi, how would you feel? If you try to do anything, they either beat you, shoot you on sight, piss on your corpse and make fun of your boner and call you names, or they proclaim your a terrorist or a resistance fighter, an insurgent, and order you be tortured for information, and after a few days killed.

Also, if a big military truck filled with the occupation forces goes around driving, having fun with sadisticly hitting cars a little bit just to piss people off, no cause damage, go on the opposide side, and just do that. You can't do anything cause they can shoot you on sight and do what I said in the above paragraph.

How would you feel? I'm sure this is how alot of Iraqi's feel today. The Geneva Convention and worldwide human rights and the banning of killing innocents isn't techniclly valid for the opposition, thus the Iraqi's, since one could make up he saw a gun or a bomb with him, shoot everyone, this will happen 200-300 times today, and only one case will only be shown after 6 months that's actually a false case based on real situations.

They're not terrorists. They're freedom fighters. Anyone who is not stupid should realize this. I think you'd feel the same way if an foreign force came, took over the country and called you terrorists. You would say? Fuck no! We're partizans! We're freedom fighters! We deserve to be free!

But no one listens.

Think about it for awhile.