Africa the forgotten land

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Africa the forgotten land

Unread post by WIP » August 4th, 2004, 7:38 am

I guess nobody cares about African politics. Children arms and legs mutilatted over Diamonds. Women in Sudan being brutally raped as we speak. Aids. Famine.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Africa the forgotten land

Unread post by wcrockets » August 4th, 2004, 7:58 am

I care very much and I can assure you so does World Vision. The World Vision program I am involved with currently provides education, food, clothing, helps with shelter for about 1000 young people and their families. Additionally, they ensure clean community water for the community and help with farming, irrigation, etc.. World Vision also encourages it's sponsors (ie me) to develop a positive personal relationship with same and give extra when a young person steps up and is ready to become a nurse, teacher, etc..

Furthermore, World Vision very seriously protects the people they care for. You will never see a World Vision resorting to putting unclothed dying children on television or people in "victim" positions or compromised in some way to solicit sponsors. That would violate their written organizational policy. They have high ethics unlike many other programs out there.

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » August 9th, 2004, 6:00 pm

The whole world has forgotten about africa. They are letting 7 year old kids hold guns and RPG's and shoot at other people who are not there religon. Its sad to me to see all them little kids that have their future taken away from them. Mommas and dads are gone becuase the have AIDS. The whole world as a whole need to step up. or at least send some help. pretty soon africa is gonna be a no man's land. Everyday kids are dying over religon, or drugs. Sendind food over there just makes it worse. if you look a somalia then you will realize my point. Tears of the Sun the movie shows a great view point of Africa today. but what really pisses me off is that NATO won't allow mercenary groups over to Africa. Those mercanaries where the one that stopped all this violence. then nato send its sorry ass peacekeepers and leaves when they get 5 casualties. In war lives are taken by the hundreds. If you decide to goto to war; your mentality is WHEN I"M GONNA DIE, not WHEN I'M GOING HOME. Africa is not the safiest place to go for nobody. Drugs and Religion rule the Continent and it won't stop until the whole world stops it. I admit that U.S.A shoud't be there but some other power house should. France is the only country out there helping the poor innocent people. Time for a change in the world not just in Africa but in America as well.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » August 15th, 2004, 6:59 pm

Interested wrote:pretty soon africa is gonna be a no man's land
It already is.

Charles_Kimble
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Charles_Kimble » August 22nd, 2004, 2:41 am

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT CAUSE EVERYONE THERE IS BLACK

Dsmooth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dsmooth » August 22nd, 2004, 12:16 pm

Charles_Kimble wrote:THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT CAUSE EVERYONE THERE IS BLACK
That is pretty much the truth.

Every country in the world gets help but when it comes to AFRICA the MOTHERLAND no country there gets real help. President Bush walked out on a AIDS Conference that shows real commitment ( what a bitch). They'll go help Israel with their war against the Palestinians and help out Iraq but there is so much genocide being commited in Africa that it is ridiculous.

Then again 1 less nigga x 1 million is good enough for this goverement and the worlds goverment.

We as blacks don't even care about Africa I hear blacks say all the time " I ain't African" where in fact the very blood running through their veins is African. I hear blacks says " He look like a AFRICAN" what the F*ck because he is dark. They don't realize if they were over there they would be the same color but ignorance is bliss.

The Bling these Rappers talk about come from the mines of AFRICA the suffering the people go through is ok to them as long as they're looking good.

They rap about money and sh*t but won't help a single one of their " REAL" people hell WHITE people are doing more than us to help the AFRICANS.

Now thats a SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Charles_Kimble
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Charles_Kimble » August 22nd, 2004, 12:29 pm

THE TRUTH D SMOOTH^

Dsmooth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dsmooth » August 24th, 2004, 11:48 pm

Charles_Kimble wrote:THE TRUTH D SMOOTH^
Damn right it is I try to bring the truth whenever I can.

But it's amazing how this only has 8 responses compared to other threads on this website that have no significance to them.

"What hood is the hardest"

" Who runs what school"

c'mon now they get multiple pages.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 25th, 2004, 6:55 am

There are many non profit Christian groups that help out the country of africa, but we have to ask ourselves this question...is it OUR fault that they are in the state they are in...of course not...why not let africa take care of there own responsibilites...why should our tax dollars go to help out a cause in africa that we have nothing to do with. If you want to help, join a non profit group and help them out...

now i guess im going to hear how the whiteman caused africa to be in the state it is in eh?

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » August 25th, 2004, 1:18 pm

Charles_Kimble wrote:THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT CAUSE EVERYONE THERE IS BLACK
I agree. If a black man had a flat tire right behind a white man with the same problem, i'd would help the black man because the only thing i have in common is that we are black. after him then i would help the white man. If you notice in school mostly white people hang out with white people and blacks with blacks. Africa is dominated by blacks but the world looks at africa as a nigger land. Just good for being slaves. I overheard awhole lot of white people diss me just because my skin is black, and in one occasion my brother pick a piece of paper for a white boy and the white boy said "a yah'll good for is picking cotton." then boom white boy got jumped by a whole lot of black folks. People all across the world look at Africans and hispanics like thier nothing just because they speak diffrent, walk different and even like different stuff. I guess its human nature to hang around with people like you but i don't see a solution to this problem until judement day.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 25th, 2004, 1:29 pm

[quote="Tank"]There are many non profit Christian groups that help out the country of africa, but we have to ask ourselves this question...is it OUR fault that they are in the state they are in...of course not...why not let africa take care of there own responsibilites...why should our tax dollars go to help out a cause in africa that we have nothing to do with. If you want to help, join a non profit group and help them out...

now i guess im going to hear how the whiteman caused africa to be in the state it is in eh?[/quote]

Unfortunately the christian groups will only help christians in Africa. They will step over a starving Pagen to feed a christian, and there are plenty that suffer in Africa that are not Christians

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 25th, 2004, 1:33 pm

[quote="Dsmooth"][quote="Charles_Kimble"]THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT CAUSE EVERYONE THERE IS BLACK[/quote]That is pretty much the truth.

Every country in the world gets help but when it comes to AFRICA the MOTHERLAND no country there gets real help. President Bush walked out on a AIDS Conference that shows real commitment ( what a bitch). They'll go help Israel with their war against the Palestinians and help out Iraq but there is so much genocide being commited in Africa that it is ridiculous.

Then again 1 less nigga x 1 million is good enough for this goverement and the worlds goverment.

We as blacks don't even care about Africa I hear blacks say all the time " I ain't African" where in fact the very blood running through their veins is African. I hear blacks says " He look like a AFRICAN" what the F*ck because he is dark. They don't realize if they were over there they would be the same color but ignorance is bliss.

The Bling these Rappers talk about come from the mines of AFRICA the suffering the people go through is ok to them as long as they're looking good.

They rap about money and sh*t but won't help a single one of their " REAL" people hell WHITE people are doing more than us to help the AFRICANS.

Now thats a SHAME!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Well, bush is an idiot, plain and simple. But there are other factors. The leaders (presidents, or whatever) of the various countries in Africa are still divided on Aids. There are more than a few countries that will not even aknowledge that Aids comes from having sex. As long as there is an atmosphere of blatant ignorance, it's hard to help. Also, a big part of the spread of aids is the practice in many countries in Africa where if a man dies, his brother/friend/relative takes on his wife as his own. So you get one person with aids in the4 bunch, and now you have 1 man and 3,4,5 or more wives with aids. Then they have children with Aids, and it just snowballs. As long as the governements over there refuse to educate the people, it will continue.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 25th, 2004, 1:35 pm

[quote="Interested"]The whole world has forgotten about africa. They are letting 7 year old kids hold guns and RPG's and shoot at other people who are not there religon. Its sad to me to see all them little kids that have their future taken away from them. Mommas and dads are gone becuase the have AIDS. The whole world as a whole need to step up. or at least send some help. pretty soon africa is gonna be a no man's land. Everyday kids are dying over religon, or drugs. Sendind food over there just makes it worse. if you look a somalia then you will realize my point. Tears of the Sun the movie shows a great view point of Africa today. but what really pisses me off is that NATO won't allow mercenary groups over to Africa. Those mercanaries where the one that stopped all this violence. then nato send its sorry ass peacekeepers and leaves when they get 5 casualties. In war lives are taken by the hundreds. If you decide to goto to war; your mentality is WHEN I"M GONNA DIE, not WHEN I'M GOING HOME. Africa is not the safiest place to go for nobody. Drugs and Religion rule the Continent and it won't stop until the whole world stops it. I admit that U.S.A shoud't be there but some other power house should. France is the only country out there helping the poor innocent people. Time for a change in the world not just in Africa but in America as well.[/quote]

As for us pulling out, it was purely political. We kicked ass in Somalia, and could have continued to do so, but the Republicans were in the middle of trying to impeach Clinton at the time, and they were trying to use our soldiers getting killed as amunition to get him removed from office, so the troops were pulled out. The same republicans that threew a hissy fit over 18 dead soldiers are the ones that are responsible for 1000 dead soldiers this year, but who's counting?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 25th, 2004, 2:36 pm

My opinion:
Dsmooth wrote:We as blacks don't even care about Africa I hear blacks say all the time " I ain't African" where in fact the very blood running through their veins is African.
^^Yeah the blood in my veins has African roots, but I am no where near African. We are the same ethnicity (race=Negro, Negroid whatever) but a different nationality. I am a Black amerikkkan, not African.
Dsmooth wrote:They don't realize if they were over there they would be the same color but ignorance is bliss.
^^Same color but different. I have never been to Africa, but Africans (from what I have seen and heard) don't respect or communicate well with US Blacks. Many have the normal foreigner/immigrant attitude that they are better or feel that Blacks have wasted our opportunities. And from what I have seen, most Africans don't consider US Blacks African anyway :shock: Then why should we consider ourselves African :?:
Dsmooth wrote:The Bling these Rappers talk about come from the mines of AFRICA the suffering the people go through is ok to them as long as they're looking good.
^^True as can be.

Many African countries do have real African leaders. What I mean by real, they are not puppets for the US, Britain, or France. They are independant leaders that go after their own selfish wealth rather then the good will of their country (no diffent from the US, just the US has money and a solid business/social/government infrastructure).
Dsmooth wrote:They rap about money and sh*t but won't help a single one of their " REAL" people hell WHITE people are doing more than us to help the AFRICANS.
^^True again.
Dsmooth wrote:Now thats a SHAME!!!!!!!!!
^^I agree.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 25th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Panik wrote:
Tank wrote:There are many non profit Christian groups that help out the country of africa, but we have to ask ourselves this question...is it OUR fault that they are in the state they are in...of course not...why not let africa take care of there own responsibilites...why should our tax dollars go to help out a cause in africa that we have nothing to do with. If you want to help, join a non profit group and help them out...

now i guess im going to hear how the whiteman caused africa to be in the state it is in eh?
Unfortunately the christian groups will only help christians in Africa. They will step over a starving Pagen to feed a christian, and there are plenty that suffer in Africa that are not Christians
The truth is that different organizations have different policies. I would say the Muslim Aid organizations practice discrimination toward Christians in the implementation of their programs. But back to World Vision as I know how that works. The black girl I support in Africa with World Vision is required to attend school if she is in good health or she loses her sponsorship. She is taught various classes each day. Only one of those classes is a Bible based religious class. Now about 5% of the money I spend goes to overhead, with most of the rest going to keep her AND HER FAMILY WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BE CHRISTIANS with food, shelter, medicine, etc.. They ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND ANYTHING. THEY CAN BE MUSLIMS, AETHISTS, CHRISTIANS, ALIENS, WHATEVER AND IT IS A-OK. A small portion is also put into the community to help with water purification and farming. THIS HELPS EVERYONE. I hope that is clear.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 25th, 2004, 4:30 pm

panik-did you get my pm?

Dsmooth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dsmooth » August 25th, 2004, 5:55 pm

Kemosave wrote:
Panik wrote:
Tank wrote:There are many non profit Christian groups that help out the country of africa, but we have to ask ourselves this question...is it OUR fault that they are in the state they are in...of course not...why not let africa take care of there own responsibilites...why should our tax dollars go to help out a cause in africa that we have nothing to do with. If you want to help, join a non profit group and help them out...

The truth is that different organizations have different policies. I would say the Muslim Aid organizations practice discrimination toward Christians in the implementation of their programs. But back to World Vision as I know how that works. The black girl I support in Africa with World Vision is required to attend school if she is in good health or she loses her sponsorship. She is taught various classes each day. Only one of those classes is a Bible based religious class. Now about 5% of the money I spend goes to overhead, with most of the rest going to keep her AND HER FAMILY WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BE CHRISTIANS with food, shelter, medicine, etc.. They ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND ANYTHING. THEY CAN BE MUSLIMS, AETHISTS, CHRISTIANS, ALIENS, WHATEVER AND IT IS A-OK. A small portion is also put into the community to help with water purification and farming. THIS HELPS EVERYONE. I hope that is clear.
She required to attend school!!!

How do you know she is.

How do you know that money is actually going to her.

Well if you ask me it Looks like they're trying to convert them into christianity.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 26th, 2004, 3:43 pm

How I know is because I communicate with both World Vision and her and her family. You don't know seem to know anything about it at all yet you rush to judgment. That's called ignorance my friend.

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » August 31st, 2004, 3:05 pm

I wish that i could raise enough money to take all the little kids and feed them, clothe them, and put through school. If they have gotten the chance they would work there best to get into college. We take life for granted but some they celebrate live everyday just for waking up in the morning.

Dsmooth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dsmooth » September 4th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Kemosave wrote:How I know is because I communicate with both World Vision and her and her family. You don't know seem to know anything about it at all yet you rush to judgment. That's called ignorance my friend.
Sure you do

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 4th, 2004, 11:18 pm

Dsmooth wrote:
Kemosave wrote:
Panik wrote:

How do you know she is.

Well if you ask me it Looks like they're trying to convert them into christianity.

Dsmooth, you are right. they are trying to forcibly convert them to christianity. It is really no different than what the spanish missionaries did to the indians. What the christians don't understand is that to a non-christian, it is disrespectful to push their views onto you. And to someone who is muslim, or some other local religion, it is morally wrong to make them read the bible in exchange for food. Kemo, how would you feel if your family was starving, and some muslim told you that you had to study the Koran every day if you wanted to eat?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 7th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Panik: I would not like it. I do see your point. Let me get back at you. I have to check this out. Thanks for making it clear Panik.

Dsmooth: Thank you for agreeing with an honest post when you see it.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 23rd, 2004, 9:10 am

My letter went out today. Be interesting to follow this through.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 24th, 2004, 8:24 am

I was able to make contact with a Vice President at World Vision who gave me the following statment to make:

"Regarding the Christian Witness in areas we work in; World Vision does not proselytize. Our assistance is not conditional upon being or becoming a Christian. This means quite literally that we don't make listening to a presentation of the Gospel in any form a entrance fee in receiving our services be they in the form of food, health, clean water, jobs, or education.

Our staff are free to share what motivates their service on a personal level and answer questions, but even here different cultural contexts and laws legislates what we can and cannot share.

Further we don't discriminate who we serve when we move to minister to the poorest of the poor, meaning that many of those we administer our services to do not share our faith or values. In serving in this way we consider our model of ministry to be that of Jesus, who under the commandment to love, freely dispensed of what he had and was for other's sake.

If you have any other specific question, I would be happy to be of service
to you."

-World Vision
(Name withheld for privacy)
Last edited by Kemosave on September 26th, 2004, 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 24th, 2004, 8:35 am

You'd have to seriously misunderstand or just be totally ignorant of the facts to claim that World Vision's selfless service in the areas they work in is the same as the Catholic church's Spanish subjectation of South Americans in the 16th century. Because it just is not true.

Here's what the Spaniards were doing:

During the late 16th century, 200,000 Spaniards immigrated into South America. Quickly the landscape of South America began to change, with imported plants, large sugar plantations, vast estates, and imported animals over-taking the native landscape. Bureaucracy and government also took hold quickly in South America.

The Spanish established the encomiendas, where the government granted conquerors the right to employ groups of Indians. The encomiendas, in truth were a form of legalized slavery. Relegated to practical slave labor within sugar cane plantations and mining caves, the native population of Peru declined from 1.3 million in 1570, to 600,000 in 1620. In Meso- america the circumstances were no different. The population of Indians went from 25.3 million in 1519, to a scant 1 million in 1605.

Though forced labor played the largest part in the decimation of the Incan and Aztec, disease is by no means minor within this time frame. Widespread epidemics of small pox and other diseases were not uncommon, and claimed the lives of millions. On the psychological front, historians and psychologists have offered another reason for the decimation of the Incan and Aztec populations, namely the Indians had lost the will to survive. With the extreme and quick loss of culture, accompanied by the pressure of Christian missionaries and laws preventing the practice of any form of native religion (if they did there were strong repercussions even death), the Indians were, by all means, slaves to the Spaniard immigrants.
Last edited by Kemosave on September 24th, 2004, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 24th, 2004, 9:02 am

well, then that is a good organization, but by no means is it the rule, more like the exception. I saw a show on it years back, an expose type show where they went over how these groups operated. I did call one once, not sure of the name, but a couple years ago called one that was advertising on TV. And not only did they say tell me that they would not help people who were not willing to accept the gospel, but they said that they would only accept donations from christians. I remember it was a commercial they played constantly for a long time, maybe even still. It had some skinny grey haired guy that waled around the poor kids. They were not just in Africa, they were all over in poor countries.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 24th, 2004, 10:47 am

Now we are almost on the same page you and I. Yes you are right! The wheat and the weeds both grow in the field. So you have authentic Christian relief organizations like World Vision (ie wheat) on one hand but on the other you have hypocritical organizations that misuse the name Christian and do the very things you said they do. I am completely against those obviously and always vote for public auditing of non-profits, legal accountability, etc.. The real ones withstand the close scrutiny but the false ones cannot. Honestly, the false ones create much confusion and distrust for the real ones which is how a gifted intelligent person like yourself who doesn't take things at face value could end up questioning all of them. Peace.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » December 25th, 2004, 3:50 pm

WIP wrote:I guess nobody cares about African politics. Children arms and legs mutilatted over Diamonds. Women in Sudan being brutally raped as we speak. Aids. Famine.

Africa is a continent!

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » December 25th, 2004, 3:57 pm

Dsmooth wrote:
Kemosave wrote:
Panik wrote:

How do you know she is.

my pal in (mouth) harmonica orchestra visited his child in India .He had a good time.You can send letters and photos.No problem ,everything OK

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » December 25th, 2004, 4:01 pm

Kemosave wrote:Now we are almost on the same page you and I. Yes you are right! The wheat and the weeds both grow in the field. So you have authentic Christian relief organizations like World Vision (ie wheat) on one hand but on the other you have hypocritical organizations that misuse the name Christian and do the very things you said they do. I am completely against those obviously and always vote for public auditing of non-profits, legal accountability, etc.. The real ones withstand the close scrutiny but the false ones cannot. Honestly, the false ones create much confusion and distrust for the real ones which is how a gifted intelligent person like yourself who doesn't take things at face value could end up questioning all of them. Peace.
It is like with car -building :U build car it got certificate that it is one.
Same with the nonprofit orgs.,because poeple who pay them do pay lover taxes to state ,and show bill of org they donated.the gov.looks it and says ok than you earned this and that - what u done=lower tax

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by never die inside » December 27th, 2004, 4:01 am

SAT II Ebonics

If they got SAT in french, then why not ebonics? White poeple make the test according to white people grammar, so whats with the bias?

either make white people grammar less important, or make ebonics just as legitimate. American english is slang too. Only British English is the true English. So White American english is slang, just like ebonics is.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 3rd, 2005, 10:39 am

yeah nobody knows shit about africa.. and nobody seems to care..
especially not americans ..
i met a guy from L.A who thought the situation in L.A was worse than the situation all around africa ..
u should visit Somalia, Sudan etc sometime.. and ull see that theres actually problems outside of L.A