OccupyWallStreet!

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
AirportWorker1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: WestLosAngeles

OccupyWallStreet!

Unread post by AirportWorker1 » October 12th, 2011, 12:31 pm

"Causes range from social awareness to radical change in America's financial and political systems, while other participants appeared content to simply get caught up in the spirit of demonstration."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-05/poli ... M:POLITICS

All power to the people!

AirportWorker1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: OccupyWallStreet!

Unread post by AirportWorker1 » October 13th, 2011, 10:12 am

Economic protests continue throughout the U.S.

Economic protests continued in various cities throughout the U.S. on Wednesday.
In San Francisco Wednesday morning, eleven people were arrested during an anti-Wall Street rally in front of Wells Fargo Bank headquarters, police said. About 200 protesters surrounded the bank, including a side entrance that building employees appeared to be entering and exiting through. That entrance was being kept clear with the help of police.

In New York, protesters planned to gather at the headquarters of JP Morgan Chase, where they were expected to continue to decry the expiration of the state's 2 percent "millionaires' tax" in December. A march on Tuesday, past the homes of wealthy residents, marked the first time the movement has singled out individuals as part of the 1 percent they say are getting rich at the expense of the rest of America. -- Associated Press

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/10/ ... e-thr.html

Crony capitalism has created financial insecurities for the masses...

Ya Basta!

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » October 13th, 2011, 10:43 am

AirportWorker1 wrote:Economic protests continue throughout the U.S.

Economic protests continued in various cities throughout the U.S. on Wednesday.
In San Francisco Wednesday morning, eleven people were arrested during an anti-Wall Street rally in front of Wells Fargo Bank headquarters, police said. About 200 protesters surrounded the bank, including a side entrance that building employees appeared to be entering and exiting through. That entrance was being kept clear with the help of police.

In New York, protesters planned to gather at the headquarters of JP Morgan Chase, where they were expected to continue to decry the expiration of the state's 2 percent "millionaires' tax" in December. A march on Tuesday, past the homes of wealthy residents, marked the first time the movement has singled out individuals as part of the 1 percent they say are getting rich at the expense of the rest of America. -- Associated Press

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/10/ ... e-thr.html

Crony capitalism has created financial insecurities for the masses...

Ya Basta!
@Airportworker1- What do you think is going to play out with all of these rallies? My personal oppinion is that its useless. The same people who they are protesting will still continue to get their money. How does it affect them?

AirportWorker1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AirportWorker1 » October 13th, 2011, 7:21 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:What do you think is going to play out with all of these rallies? My personal oppinion is that its useless. The same people who they are protesting will still continue to get their money. How does it affect them?
What's with the defeatist attitude,pal?

Progress is achieved through struggle.It doesn't happen sitting around just talking about it.Taking action instead of remaining passive is the reason why we don't have slavery anymore.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » October 14th, 2011, 1:59 pm

AirportWorker1 wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:What do you think is going to play out with all of these rallies? My personal oppinion is that its useless. The same people who they are protesting will still continue to get their money. How does it affect them?
What's with the defeatist attitude,pal?

Progress is achieved through struggle.It doesn't happen sitting around just talking about it.Taking action instead of remaining passive is the reason why we don't have slavery anymore.
No defeatist attitiude comrade, just a skeptacism concerning the methods. I definately don't feel that sitting around talking about it is an answer, however the 1960's method of marching to me has no punch in this fight. That may have been a method of bringing issues to peoples attention back in the day, today is a new age. A man once told me if you punch me in the nose, i will be hurt and get over it, but if you take my money, I will kill you. That sits with me to this day. Unless you can come up with substanative methods of putting on pressure on these people(hit their pockets, and affect their livelyhood), they could care less about you marching in the streets. That's why Bloomberg told them, "you all can stay as long as you want". I don't knock them for voiceing their opposition to what is going on, but all it is doing is making noice, while the powers that be are in a noice proof room. That's just my oppinion.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 29th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Quepolo3 wrote: No defeatist attitiude comrade, just a skeptacism concerning the methods. I definately don't feel that sitting around talking about it is an answer, however the 1960's method of marching to me has no punch in this fight. That may have been a method of bringing issues to peoples attention back in the day, today is a new age. A man once told me if you punch me in the nose, i will be hurt and get over it, but if you take my money, I will kill you. That sits with me to this day. Unless you can come up with substanative methods of putting on pressure on these people(hit their pockets, and affect their livelyhood), they could care less about you marching in the streets. That's why Bloomberg told them, "you all can stay as long as you want". I don't knock them for voiceing their opposition to what is going on, but all it is doing is making noice, while the powers that be are in a noice proof room. That's just my oppinion.

I agree that this will not be that effective over all.The 99% group are saying they are fighting the 1% but are all the protestors considering some of the 99% protesting may be in the top 5% or 10%. Guess how much income annually does the 5% and 10% make. Some of the protestors themselves are some rich kids with time on their hand.

The claim that ''Wall Street'' is having their influence on lobbyist and politicians is not completely true. There are DC politicians who have some influence on Wall Street because it goes both ways, you have DC politicians who may later get hired by a Wall Street firm or a Fortune 500 company. You look at most politicians from the beginning of American history and you would see that many of them were good businessman and entrepreneurs,some of them had a good military track record,these senators,congressman,governors,mayors,and presidents were always well educated and had connections. I think it comes with the territory naturally.You can not try prevent politicians and congressman ties to the House and Senate.Many of these these IT tech companies,brokerage firms,and other F500 companies will always be ''cohorts'' of the government.

Big Cap companies are part of the market ;hyper capitalist need to work closely with BIG NAME companies and negotiate how products will be manufactured,sales tax,company business tax, what are the regulations & safety measures,and copyright requirements.

The thing is it goes both ways.Money is not everything in the picture.I would not just let my manhood get violated for the sake of money.How I carry myself as a man, is how I am able to be a businessman .People have put them selves in this position people have set aside their values during the 2000s for making a few bucks. I know they are many people that would like to blame the housing crisis on Wall Street firms like Goldman Sachs ,Lehman Brothers,Bank Of America and Fannie Mae.But truth is people have participated in the scams of the real estate boom during the 2000s. It wasn't just the Gramm Leham Biley act and the governments deregulation of ''Wall Street'',how many people put their house name is some elses name to get quick a buck.

Can't blame it on people when you allowed yourself to get fooled.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Occupy Wall St-Global Photos

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 10th, 2011, 7:35 am

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » November 12th, 2011, 5:30 am

I agree that this will not be that effective over all.The 99% group are saying they are fighting the 1% but are all the protestors considering some of the 99% protesting may be in the top 5% or 10%. Guess how much income annually does the 5% and 10% make. Some of the protestors themselves are some rich kids with time on their hand.

The claim that ''Wall Street'' is having their influence on lobbyist and politicians is not completely true. There are DC politicians who have some influence on Wall Street because it goes both ways, you have DC politicians who may later get hired by a Wall Street firm or a Fortune 500 company. You look at most politicians from the beginning of American history and you would see that many of them were good businessman and entrepreneurs,some of them had a good military track record,these senators,congressman,governors,mayors,and presidents were always well educated and had connections. I think it comes with the territory naturally.You can not try prevent politicians and congressman ties to the House and Senate.Many of these these IT tech companies,brokerage firms,and other F500 companies will always be ''cohorts'' of the government.

Big Cap companies are part of the market ;hyper capitalist need to work closely with BIG NAME companies and negotiate how products will be manufactured,sales tax,company business tax, what are the regulations & safety measures,and copyright requirements.

The thing is it goes both ways.Money is not everything in the picture.I would not just let my manhood get violated for the sake of money.How I carry myself as a man, is how I am able to be a businessman .People have put them selves in this position people have set aside their values during the 2000s for making a few bucks. I know they are many people that would like to blame the housing crisis on Wall Street firms like Goldman Sachs ,Lehman Brothers,Bank Of America and Fannie Mae.But truth is people have participated in the scams of the real estate boom during the 2000s. It wasn't just the Gramm Leham Biley act and the governments deregulation of ''Wall Street'',how many people put their house name is some elses name to get quick a buck.

Can't blame it on people when you allowed yourself to get fooled.[/quote]

Great points ViciousRidah! I agree, espcecially with the relationships between politicians and Corporate America. I like you feel the same way concerning someone violating my manhood for the sake of money. I'm sure there are many who wouldn't allow that. However, there are many who have no limit to what they will do for money. Whether it be killing your parents for inheritence, shooting up the financial markets after going broke, suing your mama, robbing or snitching on your homeboys. If you look there are quite a few examples where people do jacked up things solely because of Money.

I agree, many have to share the blame for the economic crisis we are experiencing right now. However when we as individuals hustle and try to come up, when we lose we lose. We don't then get a bailout and say here start over, with profits. You just lose. I lost money on some real estate, and I'm still waiting for somebody to reimburse me for my bad decisions. Bail out your boy! Now I'm trying to make moves to get back some of my loss and now it's that much harder to get access to capital to reinvest. That's one of the reasons why it's so upsetting to many. We bailed the big banks and the investment firms out with our tax revenues, and they repaid us by cutting jobs, holding capital, and making very difficult for the little man to get loans.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » November 14th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
Great points ViciousRidah! I agree, espcecially with the relationships between politicians and Corporate America. I like you feel the same way concerning someone violating my manhood for the sake of money. I'm sure there are many who wouldn't allow that. However, there are many who have no limit to what they will do for money. Whether it be killing your parents for inheritence, shooting up the financial markets after going broke, suing your mama, robbing or snitching on your homeboys. If you look there are quite a few examples where people do jacked up things solely because of Money.

I agree, many have to share the blame for the economic crisis we are experiencing right now. However when we as individuals hustle and try to come up, when we lose we lose. We don't then get a bailout and say here start over, with profits. You just lose. I lost money on some real estate, and I'm still waiting for somebody to reimburse me for my bad decisions. Bail out your boy! Now I'm trying to make moves to get back some of my loss and now it's that much harder to get access to capital to reinvest. That's one of the reasons why it's so upsetting to many. We bailed the big banks and the investment firms out with our tax revenues, and they repaid us by cutting jobs, holding capital, and making very difficult for the little man to get loans.
Exactly, they can bail out these big name Wall Street brokerage firms but there is a problem bailing out some citizens with difficulties on their home mortgages.Not only are they holding capital but they are not even repaying some of the people investors they owe,look at the Bernie Madoff scandal.