Gun Control........or Not

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Gun Control........or Not

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 6th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list

Connecticut has been making news due to their hastily passed gun registration laws. According to some sources as few as 15% of gun owners have actually registered their firearms. News Blogs have been warning state officials are talking about mass confiscations of the unregistered firearms.
Ar-15

An AR-15 and high capacity magazine.
Plans for these confiscations hit a snag when a legislative intern dared to ask a question. “Who will be going door to door to take all the guns away?” asked the 21-year-old college senior.

Reportedly multiple people in the room in the most sarcastic voices they could muster said “the police”.

The unnamed intern then pointed at the list and said, “my dad’s name is on the list, and he is the police chief. I see three other names on this list of family members, all cops.”

With in hours a print off of all sworn Law Enforcement officers in the state was obtained. Comparisons of the list of gun owners who failed to comply with registration requirements and sworn LEOs showed a startling figure. Just over 68% of Connecticut cops had failed to register firearms according to the new law.

An anonymous source in the Governors office said lawmakers were dumbfounded. “Someone suggest firing all the cops who failed to register. But the reality of hiring and training that many new police officers is not practical.” The source goes on to say “Senator [redacted to protect our source] said maybe we should issue an official order to all cops to comply with registration or face termination. I mean seriously these people are a special kind of stupid to think that gun-loving cops are going to go along with this blatant violation of the 2nd Amendment.”

So now Connecticut is in little quagmire. The powers that be are making all kinds of threats, but there is no one to follow through on the threats.

No police officers or police administrators were willing to go on record for this story. Emails to members of the Connecticut legislator and Governors office were not returned by the time of publication.

http://www.callthecops.net/connecticut- ... tate-list/

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Gun Control........or Not

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 6th, 2014, 2:58 pm

I'm for gun control on the government. We have to stop these politicians from ordering up more drone strikes, take away their nukes, and their power to wage war.. But I'm all for the average man to own a firearm.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm

For sure they aren't taking away my firearms and for sure if the gov't has them I am not going to let it be one sided. Drones....drones are going to be used not only by gov't but by private citizens eventually. They are dangerous, just another way to violate our privacy.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 23rd, 2014, 3:24 am

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I am not giving up my Guns but my firearms are registered, and I'm licensed to carry a weapon, so I'm good. Let's change the conditions which cause people to get violent, but not take away peoples rights to defend themselves.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 25th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Yeah same here, my husband and I both are licensed to carry. He's a bounty hunter so that's a given. As for all our firearms being registered, lets just say 22 of them are. The problem right now is ammo.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 26th, 2014, 12:31 am

The problem in the US is that so called "gun rights" is portrayed as being an issue that only benefits Right Wing rednecks or white males living far outside the inner city. While it is true that the rednecks are the ones fighting for gun rights, the idea that gun control is good for inner city minorities is ridiculous and an insult. Its like saying we're a bunch of animals that can't even own a weapon responsibly and it stops people from focusing on the root causes of the violence but instead spend time and energy attacking the object often used-guns.

Much like the evil war on drugs, the war on gun ownership results in a disproportionate amount of people in the inner cities being arrested, charged and thrown in jail or prison for gun law violations, and these are the people that live in areas where self defense scenarios are far more likely. The people in the low crime areas are more likely to comply with the stupid state regulations on guns too.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 26th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Christina Marie wrote:Yeah same here, my husband and I both are licensed to carry. He's a bounty hunter so that's a given. As for all our firearms being registered, lets just say 22 of them are. The problem right now is ammo.
@Christina- Sounds like you have a nice collection there. I have a few but not quite that many. I do a lot of hunting so I am good on shells and large caliber ammo, but I have also been having problems getting ammo. It sells out to quickly even at the gun shows. If you can find some buy it!

@RuthlessCray- Excellent points, I concur!

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 26th, 2014, 10:33 pm

RuthlessCray wrote:The problem in the US is that so called "gun rights" is portrayed as being an issue that only benefits Right Wing rednecks or white males living far outside the inner city. While it is true that the rednecks are the ones fighting for gun rights, the idea that gun control is good for inner city minorities is ridiculous and an insult. Its like saying we're a bunch of animals that can't even own a weapon responsibly and it stops people from focusing on the root causes of the violence but instead spend time and energy attacking the object often used-guns.

Much like the evil war on drugs, the war on gun ownership results in a disproportionate amount of people in the inner cities being arrested, charged and thrown in jail or prison for gun law violations, and these are the people that live in areas where self defense scenarios are far more likely. The people in the low crime areas are more likely to comply with the stupid state regulations on guns too.

I totally agree that the gun control ideal does deflect the root causes of violence in the US. Just like drugs, guns are always going to fall into the "wrong" hands. And laws in place that restrict certain kinds of guns/ammo will just make them more valuable on the black market, thus cause more crime.

Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment didn't cover what KINDS of guns and ammo we have the right to own and this is where the lines become blurred. Leave it to us red necks though, we gots us some ingenuity :twisted:

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 26th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:Yeah same here, my husband and I both are licensed to carry. He's a bounty hunter so that's a given. As for all our firearms being registered, lets just say 22 of them are. The problem right now is ammo.
@Christina- Sounds like you have a nice collection there. I have a few but not quite that many. I do a lot of hunting so I am good on shells and large caliber ammo, but I have also been having problems getting ammo. It sells out to quickly even at the gun shows. If you can find some buy it!

Tell me about it. Some places are back ordered for months. Ya shotgun shells are easy, especially if you can load your own. Im in PA so you know its all about hunting up here. That and Amish furniture lol

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 28th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:

Tell me about it. Some places are back ordered for months. Ya shotgun shells are easy, especially if you can load your own. Im in PA so you know its all about hunting up here. That and Amish furniture lol
@Christina- I want to do some hunting in PA, ya'll have some great deer up there. I was staying in Bethlehem for a few weeks with the family, a couple of years ago, and there were 12-pointers walking across the street. I was like damn! Saw some huge bucks, and I hear that the turkey hunting is good. I did get some fishing in, and killed those Bass up there! Got a 31/2 lb while there. I shoot a little shotgun, but I primarily use a 7mm Mag., 30/30 and a .270. I have a couple of 12 gauges, but I use them primarily for rabbit and birds. I have been looking for .45 and 9mm rounds for about 3months. Everywhere I go, they are sold out. There is another Gun show coming up next week, and I will be there early. Believe that!

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » April 29th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:

@Christina- I want to do some hunting in PA, ya'll have some great deer up there. I was staying in Bethlehem for a few weeks with the family, a couple of years ago, and there were 12-pointers walking across the street. I was like damn! Saw some huge bucks, and I hear that the turkey hunting is good. I did get some fishing in, and killed those Bass up there! Got a 31/2 lb while there. I shoot a little shotgun, but I primarily use a 7mm Mag., 30/30 and a .270. I have a couple of 12 gauges, but I use them primarily for rabbit and birds. I have been looking for .45 and 9mm rounds for about 3months. Everywhere I go, they are sold out. There is another Gun show coming up next week, and I will be there early. Believe that!

Heck ya we have mad deer up, they are everywhere. Yep I know where Bethlehem is. I live in the SE corner, almost to VA and MD. Ya, turkey huntings good, geese season, pheasant. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fish. Going to get our licenses pretty soon for the year. There are so many places to fish around here. You sound like husband lol. If you ever get up this way again hmu. We have places we can go shoot, private land with permission. Ya ammos getting hard to come by. And a clip that used to hold more rounds for the AR-15, my husband has been looking for those also.